B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 250.
#4551 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

When you add an external sub, do you leave the factory sub connected and run them together or do you disconnect it?

I just left the factory cabinet woofer running. It sounds great...especially with the FF backbox speakers.

#4552 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

no if say you have no locks lit, simply hit the left captive twice to loop only two balls and not the third and left ramp storage insert will remain lit for three ball locks. After that you'll need to get all three captives around to claim the lit prize. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

I couldn't figure out in comps why some guys only after a few seconds had multiball. I'd play for minutes and maybe have two locked if that. That's when I saw the left captive trick

Wow! I've owned the game for over a year and never knew this. I guess that's why my scores suck!

#4553 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

When you add an external sub, do you leave the factory sub connected and run them together or do you disconnect it?

I leave mine connected.

#4554 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I leave mine connected.

Same here

#4556 6 years ago

Didnt realize the Scoleri brothers could be turned off. Not a bad idea.

#4557 6 years ago

I just connected an old 12" sub and I can't believe how easy it was and how awesome it sounds. And to think I almost gave away the sub. I'm going to have an extra 15" when the new one for the home theater arrives in a few weeks. Now which one should I hook it up to, hmmm....

#4558 6 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

I just connected an old 12" sub and I can't believe how easy it was and how awesome it sounds. And to think I almost gave away the sub.

You must have been shocked the first time you started Storage Facility multiball with the sub hooked up!

#4559 6 years ago

I came across this 4-way sub splitter the other day and, with all the talk of subwoofers, I thought I'd drop it here incase it is of interest to anyone. I only have one pin right now, so I haven't tried it. But, it seems like a good deal as opposed to buying four subwoofers...

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58

#4560 6 years ago

That’s my point.
Mine doesn’t do that.
I always only get the jackpot value!?!

i.e. 2x 150mil I get only 150 Mil

Am I confusing/missing something?

#4561 6 years ago

I think the shown collected jackpot value (pke jackpot AND also superjackpot on left ramp) is always show unmultiplied.
I had the same thing once but in the high score I could enter my superjackpot champion which was indeed the high value.

Don't know if it is added correctly to the total score though but I think so.

#4562 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

That’s my point.
Mine doesn’t do that.
I always only get the jackpot value!?!
i.e. 2x 150mil I get only 150 Mil
Am I confusing/missing something?

Well that's interesting.

As far as I know, the multipliers apply to everything except your end of ball bonus.
I have definitely had PKE shots worth 500m+

#4563 6 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I came across this 4-way sub splitter the other day and, with all the talk of subwoofers, I thought I'd drop it here incase it is of interest to anyone. I only have one pin right now, so I haven't tried it. But, it seems like a good deal as opposed to buying four subwoofers...

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58

You can actually hook up two pins to one sub even without this (one to the right channel, and the other to the left). The Pinnovators box is an excellent product, though.

#4564 6 years ago

This Is not the case actually, I've had it say 12X Severel hundred million, hit the shot and collected said severel hundred million. Last week it said 8X1b. I had 3X going, I collected 3.2b fir one shot. With your idea,I should have collected 24b for one shot. Never happened. Also not the first time I've been in the situation. I've asked long ago on this thread what the x means on the pke shot. It decreases as time goes on,but the point value rewarded is always what it says. Not multiplied. My thought/theory is even though its timed mode, you can only hit the ramp as many times as the X says ?? So I coulda hit it 12 times in a row and collected 3.2b each shot but then it'd be over, timer or not, unless you hit the proton packs to get more x on the pke shot! Make sense to anybody ??

#4565 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

So if your multiplier in the display on the bottom left hand side (during PKE) is showing 5x and your PKE value is 100 million and you shoot the PKE ramp you should be getting 500 million for that shot?

I believe the listed jackpots(PKE and looping super) already include the PF multiplier values. So if your PKE jackpot is at 300m with 3x running, when the 3x expires, your jackpot would then be 100m.

#4566 6 years ago

We're talking about thes 8x pke in this picture. WHAT does it do??????

IMG_2856 (resized).PNGIMG_2856 (resized).PNG

#4567 6 years ago

Looks like it's 8X the Super value. 7x8=56. It says 56m right there.

My curiosity (since I never pay attention) is how your PKE value plays into those numbers. Looks like the PKE award on the right ramp is the multiplier times the super jackpot, nothing to do with PKE numbers from what I remember.

#4568 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

My curiosity (since I never pay attention) is how your PKE value plays into those numbers. Looks like the PKE award on the right ramp is the multiplier times the super jackpot, nothing to do with PKE numbers from what I remember.

oh, wow. you are correct. I cannot believe i didnt figure that out. It should say pke jackpot,not super. also, its just shy of 7.5 in the pic, that times 8 is more than 56m anyway, thanks for that. not sure how pke levels orwhatever work into that either.

#4569 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

oh, wow. you are correct. I cannot believe i didnt figure that out. It should say pke jackpot,not super. also, its just shy of 7.5 in the pic, that times 8 is more than 56m anyway, thanks for that. not sure how pke levels orwhatever work into that either.

Chee yes. That must be it. But yeah how does the PKE value come in play???

#4570 6 years ago

Fun game I filmed yesterday. Lottsa action. 4.2b score. 660pke total,big mass hysteria,staypuft wcws etc. Great fun. Enjoy

#4571 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I think that is a coincidence.

Your PKE jackpot is 56m and your Super jackpot is 7.4m.

I am not sure where the 8x comes into play or what it means. It could be that during the PKE mode, you hit enough targets to get 8x the starting value of the PKE jackpot.

It's hard to look at the screen during PKE and MB. I never recall seeing any X PKE factor but I usually just glance at the jackpot amounts.

What I recall is starting PKE with say a 50M jackpot and then starting 3x PFM and the jackpot jumping to 150M. I am going to verify all this over the weekend.

I wish that the jackpot amounts would show on the DMD during MB and override all the other graphics like when the ball is bouncing around in the pops. I am hoping they change that in the new code. I also hate that when you start a ball you can't even see you score or what ball you're on.

#4572 6 years ago

I agree with all this. Trying to figure it out as well. I just posted a video, I get pke and hit it a few times. Haven't looked at the dmd on the video. But will do. See if the X beside pke value is the jackpot, I think where it says super jackpot,might just be the pke "super jackpot" multiplied by the X. New code new code !!! Can't wait. Check my vid. 4.2b. Lottsa fun

#4573 6 years ago

I just checked it out,still no idea what that multiplier means. It clearly says 12X 160m. I hit it for 160m. Also the super jackpot says 21m, I hit it for 21m. So my theory/assumption is that's the amount of times you can hit the pke jackpot. I decreases and increases as the mode plays out. Increase it by hitting proton pack targets. Time decreases it. I bet that's what the X means during pke? Anybody else? My video above clearly shows what I'm saying (minus amount of times you can hit the ramp theory).

#4574 6 years ago

The PKE multiplier is taking a base value and multiplying it by the number shown to give you the final jackpot value. Hits to the pops will increase the multiplier. The multiplier goes down with time so you have to hit the pops to bring it back up. So PKE would work best in multiball.

EDIT: The pops do increase the value of the pke shot but does not change the multiplier.

#4575 6 years ago

This PKE Frenzy does my head in.

OK here is what the rules say on Sterns Pinball arcade table.

When PKE Frenzy begins, a 40 second time is started and the Right Ramp is lit.

Shoot the right ramp while the timer is active to score a PKE Jackpot.

PKE Frenzy Jackpots are worth 1000 points times the PKE level times the current multiplier shown on the display.

The PKE multiplier starts at 8x.

After 5 seconds, the multiplier begins decreasing by 1x per second.

The PKE multiplier can be increased by 1x by hitting a librarz spot target or hitting 5 playfield switches.

PKE Frenzy ends when the timer expires or the ball is drained.

I clearly remember playing GB when it first came out and I had a PKE shot that counted the multiplier. I remember the shot was some 900 mil.

I honestly think this is a bug in code 1.13

I will take the glass of to check this out.

So if the jackpot value decrises that would suggest that it is linked to the multiplier, no?

In the rules it only says that the multiplier will decrease but in the game the actual jackpot value is decreasing. ?
Why would it do that if you are acumulating all the PKE value? Doesnt make sence.

Excuse my english I’m from Switzerland

#4576 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Fun game I filmed yesterday. Lottsa action. 4.2b score. 660pke total,big mass hysteria,staypuft wcws etc. Great fun. Enjoy
» YouTube video

Nice video. Did you use a GoPro or something similar? I like the wide angle.

#4577 6 years ago

Yessir. Used a GoPro. Hero 4. I think I need to raise it up a little bit. Otherwise. Happy with the result thank you for watching

#4578 6 years ago

Hey guys. For those of you with premiums do you have John Trudeau's signature in gold ink on the Playfield? Mine does. I saw on the game matrix from Stern that this was supposed to only be included on the LE's. I'm wondering if Stern changed this from when they printed that matrix or if my playfield was supposed to be in an Le. Just curious.
Junky

#4579 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hey guys. For those of you with premiums do you have John Trudeau's signature in gold ink on the Playfield? Mine does. I saw on the game matrix from Stern that this was supposed to only be included on the LE's. I'm wondering if Stern changed this from when they printed that matrix or if my playfield was supposed to be in an Le. Just curious.
Junky

Interesting. Sounds like you’ve got an LE playfield.

No signature on my Premium.

#4580 6 years ago

Wow. That's cool. I never even gave it a second thought before. Just assumed it was normally there on the Premiums

#4581 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can also put a piece of ball dead drop foam on the left side of the scoop and it will fire to the right flipper every time like money!

Tried this today. Works perfect! Thanks Who-Dey

#4582 6 years ago

Junky

Lucky guy ... what's the playfield date stamp ?
That's not supposed to be there On a premium but has been reported in the past once or twice I believe.

#4583 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Tried this today. Works perfect! Thanks who-dey

You’re welcome jyeakley, glad that it has helped you and a couple of others. There are lots of little tweaks on this game that really help and when you add them all together it ends up being huge for this game. The two other tweaks that i have done and recommend are reversing the rubbers on the magna slings to make them more active and moving the outlane posts in to the closest position to help out with the side drains. Doing those two things right there really changes this game and makes it far more enjoyable. Its still hard as hell and a drain monster but it makes the game much better. As far as the right ramp goes, i have not tweaked it because i kimd of like that shot being difficult. Its not an impossible shot at all, you just have to hit it perfectly in order to make it.

#4584 6 years ago

Where can I find this dead drop foam? My scoop has given me a couple of SDTM ejects recently.

#4585 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Lucky guy ... what's the playfield date stamp ?
That's not supposed to be there On a premium but has been reported in the past once or twice I believe.

I feel lucky!

20180127_175741 (resized).jpg20180127_175741 (resized).jpg

20180127_175704 (resized).jpg20180127_175704 (resized).jpg

20180127_175801 (resized).jpg20180127_175801 (resized).jpg

20180127_175357 (resized).jpg20180127_175357 (resized).jpg

#4586 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Where can I find this dead drop foam? My scoop has given me a couple of SDTM ejects recently.

Pinbits sells it, but I just used felt tape and it works fine once you adjust the scoop eject power a bit.

#4587 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Here you go Dave

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=131&zenid=9b4a6db7b0e9ed93690e7a3c2cd6c1c7

#4588 6 years ago

This question has probably been asked over 100 times in this thread, but is it normal that I only have maybe 2/3 success rate when hitting the subway ramp using the right flipper? The other 1/3 end up in either an airball that lands on the plastics to the left or the ball just comes straight back down the ramp about half way up. My game is the premium.

#4589 6 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

This question has probably been asked over 100 times in this thread, but is it normal that I only have maybe 2/3 success rate when hitting the subway ramp using the right flipper? The other 1/3 end up in either an airball that lands on the plastics to the left or the ball just comes straight back down the ramp about half way up. My game is the premium.

Sounds like you need an air ball protector on the ramp to stop the air balls. As far as the ball not making it up the ramp goes, i rarely have that problem ever.

#4590 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sounds like you need an air ball protector on the ramp to stop the air balls. As far as the ball not making it up the ramp goes, i rarely have that problem ever.

I already have an airball protector over the subway. When I hit the ball with approximately 50% force the ball is much more likely to successfully climb up the ramp. I did notice that the entrance metal on the sub ramp is a bit lifted. I believe that this might be the issue. I'll level it and let the thread know if that reaolved the issue.

#4591 6 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

I already have an airball protector over the subway. When I hit the ball with approximately 50% force the ball is much more likely to successfully climb up the ramp. I did notice that the entrance metal on the sub ramp is a bit lifted. I believe that this might be the issue. I'll level it and let the thread know if that reaolved the issue.

Do you have a cliffy installed for the bros? If so, that is causing the issue no question.

#4592 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Do you have a cliffy installed for the bros? If so, that is causing the issue no question.

Very true!

#4593 6 years ago

Speaking of the bros cliffys, has anyone removed them because of the airball issue? I'm assuming some goo gone and a dull or plastic razor blade would do the trick.

#4594 6 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Speaking of the bros cliffys, has anyone removed them because of the airball issue? I'm assuming some goo gone and a dull or plastic razor blade would do the trick.

I removed them and it was the best thing i ever did. Was getting so many airballs because of them and once removed airballs were reduced by like 95% (estimate).

#4595 6 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

I removed them and it was the best thing i ever did. Was getting so many airballs because of them and once removed airballs were reduced by like 95% (estimate).

Yeah I think that's my next move, thanks. Damn shame, want to protect the game and another problem is created by doing so.

#4596 6 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yeah I think that's my next move, thanks. Damn shame, want to protect the game and another problem is created by doing so.

I bought a lotr had the same problem game played like crap . Once i took them off it was fun and fast

#4597 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I bought a lotr had the same problem game played like crap . Once i took them off it was fun and fast

Your lotr had scoleri brothers?

#4598 6 years ago

Junky

We also have an LE playfield in our premium. Had to send our old playfield in due to ghosting, and the replacement we got was an LE playfield with the signature.

#4599 6 years ago

The JT signed playfields are a bit dubious now.....send them to premium owners...

#4600 6 years ago

What happened in the JT court appearance this month?

Disregard - Pinball News has posted a report.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 49.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/92?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.