IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 250.
#4501 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Im surprised they work sometimes. It's a long shot but, Check the black plastic pieces on the scoleris. The little lip that catches and holds them up will break off and then they won't stay up. Mine broke within the first month or so. Stern sent me replacements

This also happened to mine. They need to improve the quality of that part. Someone in another thread mentioned Stern cheaped out on this 2 cent item starting with Game of Thrones and these things now break regularly.

#4502 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

How big of a difference is a speaker upgrade on GB? The stock sounds pretty good to me, but does anyone have thoughts/experience with FF vs. External Sub vs. Stock?
I have upgraded 90s BW machines in the past with FF speakers and they sounded great.

I had the game a little while and thought the same thing. Installed FF speakers and it sounds much better. Deeper, richer bass.

#4503 6 years ago

After adjusting the springs, my Scoleri targets work great, but I shut them off in the settings anyway. I just don't find them to be much fun. I also think they create a lot more wear and tear on the playfield.

#4504 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

After adjusting the springs, my Scoleri targets work great, but I shut them off in the settings anyway. I just don't find them to be much fun. I also think they create a lot more wear and tear on the playfield.

Can you post a pic please
Man I am so tired of the bricks

#4505 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Probably not a bad idea and ive considered doing the same thing because the game is just more fun withiut them.

#4506 6 years ago

Guys
Can somebody explain how PKE Frenzy is working and how the multiplayer is comming into the scoring please.

#4507 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Guys
Can somebody explain how PKE Frenzy is working and how the multiplayer is comming into the scoring please.

Credit Tilt Forums (CaptainBZarre):
PKE Frenzy
This mode can be started by either collecting 80 Ghosts, making the right ramp Skill Shot, or from a Tobin’s Spirit Guide award. All switches score a large number of points, and a jackpot is lit at the right ramp. The value of this Jackpot is 1,000 points times your current PKE level, but it gradually decays in value (the multiplier drops by 1x from a maximum of 8x every 5 seconds), so you should keep hitting switches to keep it up. Hitting 5 switches anywhere on the playfield or hitting the standups near the left captive balls will increase the multiplier by 1x. This can be a very lucrative mode with a multiball stacked into it, especially later in the game when you have more PKE.

#4508 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

I agree. I had the centre post as well but the extra length added flippers is what made this game for me. With the added flippers I took the centre post out, but kept the inlanes on the shortest setting (but I do this for all games b/c I suck at pinball).
Instead of the carrot flippers b/c they are so ugly imo, I went with these purple aluminum bad boys:
http://www.adpin.de/english/
Quite pricey but they look amazing and feel great! I also ended up with the purple aluminum push buttons which complete the look. I love this pin with the added length flippers. Now I'm waiting for this code update so the game can hopefully be complete. Don't disappoint me Dwight and Stern!

Hello everybody,

I would like to send you a message from Germany where we have designed and manufactured the innovative Adpin flippers made from aluminium.
The Adpin violet flippers for the Ghostbusters are in stock again. They have been sold out for months. Available now - while stock lasts.
The aluminium flippers are 3,5mm longer each and the wider gap of the Ghostbusters can be closed slightly.

The Ghostbusters Special includes:
- Two Adpin Pro +3,5mm in violet colour
- Two black rubbers
- Two matching axle-bearings made from bronze

For those who want to shorten or extend the flippers, there is an alternative version: Adpin Premium flippers with variable length
- shortening of -1.5 mm and extension of +5 mm (stepless)
- available in many different anodized-colours

In case you prefer the standard flipper length, Adpin Pro flippers have a fixed length which equates the standard Stern flipper length.

Apart from the variable sizes and amazing anodized-colours, Adpin flippers offer an easy and fast adjustments of the angle from the top without raising the playfield. For more information and pictures please visit www.adpin.de/english or send and email to [email protected]

Please see examples below!

We are looking forward to hearing from you! Best regards, Suse

adpin Pro version GB LE_2_web (resized).jpgadpin Pro version GB LE_2_web (resized).jpg
Spiderman Detail -1 (resized).JPGSpiderman Detail -1 (resized).JPG
Kiss-LE-Detail0 (resized).JPGKiss-LE-Detail0 (resized).JPG

#4509 6 years ago

It's nice to have the adjustment on the top but I don't like the way the look of the screw being exposed. Do you have a version without the top adjustment?

#4510 6 years ago

Anyone who changes the flippers for ghostbusters, or adjusts the angle, in my opinion is a bad player. Learn to nudge!!!! If that's not enough, add the center post.

#4511 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

It's nice to have the adjustment on the top but I don't like the way the look of the screw being exposed. Do you have a version without the top adjustment?

perhaps they could make small cap plugs colored keyed

#4512 6 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Anyone who changes the flippers for ghostbusters, or adjusts the angle, in my opinion is a bad player. Learn to nudge!!!! If that's not enough, add the center post.

I say leave the flippers as designed and add the center post if needed.

#4513 6 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

The center post is the biggest cheat of them all! Ugh. You had me up until your last, contradictory sentence

#4514 6 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Anyone who changes the flippers for ghostbusters, or adjusts the angle, in my opinion is a bad player.

I'm a "bad player" because I prefer the way the game plays with the flippers adjusted slightly higher? That's a ridiculous statement!

#4515 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Quoted from golfingdad1:

Can you post a pic please.

Sure, but I'm not sure what exactly you want a picture of.

#4516 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Guys

I cant explain it but i had going on yesterday and pulled off a almost 8 billion score game! Not sure exactly how i did it but it was fun.

#4517 6 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

I can see this argument or calling out center post but the flipper moving up a little so it's in line with the inlane is just called pinball 101. Not sure i see how this is a great advantage - in fact I put my left flipper back down so I was able to hit that right ramp shot as the higher angle is actually HARDER!

#4518 6 years ago

Center post just minimizes cheap center drains which this game has a ton of. Either way still not a easy game.

Changing flipper position changes geometry of every shot from the designed layout. Makes certain shots too easy such as the backhand to the steep left ramp. Adjusting flippers will also screw with you if you ever play the game out in the wild as well since you now only know the geometry of your machine.

Whatever makes everyone happy with their machine is really all that matters though!

#4519 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Center post just minimizes cheap center drains which this game has a ton of. Either way still not a easy game.
Changing flipper position changes geometry of every shot from the designed layout. Makes certain shots too easy such as the backhand to the steep left ramp. Adjusting flippers will also screw with you if you ever play the game out in the wild as well since you now only know the geometry of your machine.
Whatever makes everyone happy with their machine is really all that matters though!

ok I can understand that (backhand being easier although I still can't do it!). That helps though

#4520 6 years ago

I think as long as you're not trying to be serious tourney guy, align your flippers however you want.

My beef with it is that it really makes the game much easier. Getting the ball cradled is almost as simple as just hold the flipper up. And then if you throw some super bands on there, Fugget About It

#4521 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

My beef with it is that it really makes the game much easier.

They do make the game a bit easier, but it's still harder than all my other Sterns.

#4522 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

They do make the game a bit easier, but it's still harder than all my other Sterns.

It is certainly a different beast than most other games.

I'm not crazy about the game, but my issue with it is code. I like the weird layout and shots. I'm hoping this code update will take it to the next level.

#4523 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

It is certainly a different beast than most other games.
I'm not crazy about the game, but my issue with it is code. I like the weird layout and shots. I'm hoping this code update will take it to the next level.

I wish there was a gate/diverter at the top of the right ramp on the pro so the ball doesn't come back down the ramp. Some of the weak shots that barely make it up the ramp don't have enough momentum to get over to the right side - even with nudging.

#4524 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sure, but I'm not sure what exactly you want a picture of.

How you adjusted the spring please

#4525 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

How you adjusted the spring please

Oh. No problem. Here you go ...

Scoleri spring (resized).jpgScoleri spring (resized).jpg

#4526 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Oh. No problem. Here you go ...

Ok cool that's easy
Thanks

#4527 6 years ago

I have to know, does anyone ever purposely go for the captive balls? Seriously, unless I'm just messing around, I almost never do. With the way the rules are right now, I just don't see any reason to attempt the shot. It's very risky, and there are way safer ways to earn big points. Is there some strategy I'm missing, or am I correct in thinking that the captive balls are pretty much just a sucker shot?

#4528 6 years ago

I do it to turn on the storage facility sometimes...

#4529 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have to know, does anyone ever purposely go for the captive balls? Seriously, unless I'm just messing around, I almost never do. With the way the rules are right now, I just don't see any reason to attempt the shot. It's very risky, and there are way safer ways to earn big points. Is there some strategy I'm missing, or am I correct in thinking that the captive balls are pretty much just a sucker shot?

If I don't have playfield multipliers lit from the skill shot then I will try for it on the captive balls sometimes. All of my highest high scores were earned with 2,3, or 6x multipliers going.

#4530 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

initially capturing only two balls will turn on all your storage locks so you can achieve multiball quickly

#4531 6 years ago

Like others mentioned I'll shoot for captive balls to get the storage lit for three shots

#4532 6 years ago

If you're taking about the captive ball to the right of slimer it's used in Mass hysteria to un-reverse the flippers. If you're talking about the left balls then yes I shoot those almost every game for multiball or multipliers.

I do wish the 'book stack' ball, the right one, did more...

#4533 6 years ago

the right one also starts scolari brothers

#4534 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

initially capturing only two balls will turn on all your storage locks so you can achieve multiball quickly

Clearly I need to revisit the rules. I had no idea you could light all three locks simply by hitting the captive balls only twice.

#4535 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Clearly I need to revisit the rules. I had no idea you could light all three locks simply by hitting the captive balls only twice.

Twice for each lock .

#4536 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Twice for each lock .

Thanks for the clarification! That makes more sense.

#4537 6 years ago

Does anyone have any shop out pics from when they did their Ghostbusters Pro? I'm on the final stages of putting my back together, I just have the ramp left and I want to make sure everything goes back in correctly. Even just some pics of the ramp by the flashers on the left and the diverter on the right would be awesome. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

#4538 6 years ago

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment that I can turn off during the reverse flipper multiball mode of keeping the backwards flippers working the entire time during the mode besides switching back to the normal flippers?? If there is, I couldn’t find it on my search of the adjustments menu. I know....I know....don’t hit the slimer target. BESIDES THAT!

It’s so cool to finally get that mode, but frustrating as heck to have it switch back without no hint or sound effect telling you otherwise. I like using the technique of criss-crossing my arms than constantly hitting the flipper buttons trying to keep the multiball going. Takes the fun out of that mode IMO.

#4539 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment that I can turn off during the reverse flipper multiball mode of keeping the backwards flippers working the entire time during the mode besides switching back to the normal flippers?? If there is, I couldn’t find it on my search of the adjustments menu. I know....I know....don’t hit the slimer target. BESIDES THAT!
It’s so cool to finally get that mode, but frustrating as heck to have it switch back without no hint or sound effect telling you otherwise. I like using the technique of criss-crossing my arms than constantly hitting the flipper buttons trying to keep the multiball going. Takes the fun out of that mode IMO.

It's not the Slimer target. Don't hit the book stacking captive ball...Also there definitely IS a sound effect that indicates the flippers are switching back. Make sure you are running the latest code.

#4540 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment that I can turn off during the reverse flipper multiball mode of keeping the backwards flippers workin

No ....
Hopefully new code will give us that option , Hint , Hint ....Stern .

#4541 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

No ....
Hopefully new code will give us that option , Hint , Hint ....Stern .

What?! That is the main feature/gimick of Mass Hysteria Multiball!

#4542 6 years ago

Thanks fellas. Guess I just have to play better

#4543 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What?! That is the main feature/gimick of Mass Hysteria Multiball!

Oh I get it , I don't like it .
All I'm asking for is the "option"

#4544 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks for the clarification! That makes more sense.

no if say you have no locks lit, simply hit the left captive twice to loop only two balls and not the third and left ramp storage insert will remain lit for three ball locks. After that you'll need to get all three captives around to claim the lit prize. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

I couldn't figure out in comps why some guys only after a few seconds had multiball. I'd play for minutes and maybe have two locked if that. That's when I saw the left captive trick

#4545 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

How big of a difference is a speaker upgrade on GB? The stock sounds pretty good to me, but does anyone have thoughts/experience with FF vs. External Sub vs. Stock?
I have upgraded 90s BW machines in the past with FF speakers and they sounded great.

I got the Polk 10” subwoofer early on and it is a big improvement. Flipper Fidelity just added a Spike backbox kit (no woofer) that works great with an external sub. I wasn’t expecting much of an improvement, but I just installed and it blew me away. Definitely worth it, IMO. I think the kit is $59, but you can save a few bucks by ordering just the speakers (4 ohm) and solder yourself using the existing wiring.

#4546 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Credit Tilt Forums (CaptainBZarre):
PKE Frenzy
This mode can be started by either collecting 80 Ghosts, making the right ramp Skill Shot, or from a Tobin’s Spirit Guide award. All switches score a large number of points, and a jackpot is lit at the right ramp. The value of this Jackpot is 1,000 points times your current PKE level, but it gradually decays in value (the multiplier drops by 1x from a maximum of 8x every 5 seconds), so you should keep hitting switches to keep it up. Hitting 5 switches anywhere on the playfield or hitting the standups near the left captive balls will increase the multiplier by 1x. This can be a very lucrative mode with a multiball stacked into it, especially later in the game when you have more PKE.

So if your multiplier in the display on the bottom left hand side (during PKE) is showing 5x and your PKE value is 100 million and you shoot the PKE ramp you should be getting 500 million for that shot?

#4547 6 years ago

PKE jackpot not PKE value sorry

#4548 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I got the Polk 10” subwoofer early on and it is a big improvement. Flipper Fidelity just added a Spike backbox kit (no woofer) that works great with an external sub. I wasn’t expecting much of an improvement, but I just installed and it blew me away. Definitely worth it, IMO. I think the kit is $59, but you can save a few bucks by ordering just the speakers (4 ohm) and solder yourself using the existing wiring.

When you add an external sub, do you leave the factory sub connected and run them together or do you disconnect it?

#4549 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

So if your multiplier in the display on the bottom left hand side (during PKE) is showing 5x and your PKE value is 100 million and you shoot the PKE ramp you should be getting 500 million for that shot?

Yes.

#4550 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

no if say you have no locks lit, simply hit the left captive twice to loop only two balls and not the third and left ramp storage insert will remain lit for three ball locks. After that you'll need to get all three captives around to claim the lit prize. Try it and you'll see what I mean.
I couldn't figure out in comps why some guys only after a few seconds had multiball. I'd play for minutes and maybe have two locked if that. That's when I saw the left captive trick

Did not know that .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

15,699 (OBO)
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/91?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.