IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 249.
#4451 6 years ago

I got one!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4452 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the guys who adjusted their flippers up (to be in line with the inlanes) what have you done to your right ramp b/c that shot is now really hard on mine (and it's already been updated with the hex that makes it easier). Did you buy a shorter hex to reduce the height?

I lowered my right ramp as you did (i cut my hex post down VS replacing it purely due to lazyness). It's definately a more difficult shot with the left flipper adjusted. I will have to practice or see how people backhand that shot from the right flipper. I still like it better the way it is regardless and wouldnt change it back.

#4453 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you hook it up using the Pinnovators connector?

No. No need IMO. I ran 14 gauge speaker wire from the cabinet woofer wires directly to the high level inputs on the new sub. These are the 2 yellow wires in the black wire loom in the back left corner of the cabinet. Sounds fantastic. This is exactly the same way that I have a sub connected on my Walking Dead as well.
I was debating on running headphone jack to RCA on the GB but then I wouldn't have volume control from the coin door buttons.

#4454 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I lowered my right ramp as you did (i cut my hex post down VS replacing it purely due to lazyness). It's definately a more difficult shot with the left flipper adjusted. I will have to practice or see how people backhand that shot from the right flipper. I still like it better the way it is regardless and wouldnt change it back.

I noticed a BIG diff. Will prob drop the left a little to help as it was perfect before.

#4455 6 years ago

So which one is more fun? Pro or Premium?

#4456 6 years ago

Can of worms.... OPENED

Premium. For sure

#4457 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Both great. The deal breaker for me was the magna slings. Couldn’t stand them. To each their own, though.

#4458 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Premium. No doubt. Played both many times.

I love the magna slings (switching the rubbers made them awesome), but the subway ramp was a game changer for me. I think it is awesome how it goes under the PF and back up...plus you get an actual ball lock.

Everyone's opinion is different, but for me it is worth it.

#4459 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Both great. The deal breaker for me was the magna slings. Couldn’t stand them. To each their own, though.

Haha I had exactly the opposite reaction as those magna slings make the game plus some other things. Premium for me or nothing on this game!

#4460 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I love the magna slings (switching the rubbers made them awesome), but the subway ramp was a game changer for me. I think it is awesome how it goes under the PF and back up...plus you get an actual ball lock.

What rubber did you put in them?

After selling my premium and deciding to come back I tried to convince myself and save the money but after playing the pro 3 times I gave up. Once you taste the premium hard to go pro

#4461 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What rubber did you put in them?
After selling my premium and deciding to come back I tried to convince myself and save the money but after playing the pro 3 times I gave up. Once you taste the premium hard to go pro

You just flip the 2 sling rubbers on the premium. It is what basically made me keep my premium. Totally makes the magna slings go nuts. I think some premiums left the plant with the sling rubbers on the wrong way.

Quoted from jyeakley:

This...

The subway shot is worth the upgrade to me. It is in my top 3 favorite shots in pinball.

#4462 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Definitely premium. If it's worth the extra $1500 is up to you.

#4463 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

You just flip the 2 sling rubbers on the premium. It is what basically made me keep my premium. Totally makes the magna slings go nuts. I think some premiums left the plant with the sling rubbers on the wrong way.

Never heard of this. Mine are pretty good but I might try. So you take the rubber and flip it on its other side or flip the left rubber sling to the right and vice versa?

#4464 6 years ago

Take the main rubber and move it to the bottom slot on post. Take the rubbers that were there and move them to the top notch. Should look like this on both slings when done. Credit: @who-dey

F3206A3F-6AE5-40E2-8152-336A40098AA2 (resized).jpegF3206A3F-6AE5-40E2-8152-336A40098AA2 (resized).jpeg

#4465 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I also believe these were assembled wrong. After playing with the rubbers this way the magna slings act more like normal slings (way cooler though). This was a game changer for me.

Quoted from woody76:

The subway shot is worth the upgrade to me. It is in my top 3 favorite shots in pinball.

Me too. I love it. Right up there with nailing the vault in TAF!

#4466 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Take the main rubber and move it to the bottom slot on post. Take the rubbers that were there and move them to the top notch. Should look like this on both slings when done. Credit: who-dey

Quoted from jyeakley:

Take the main rubber and move it to the bottom slot on post. Take the rubbers that were there and move them to the top notch. Should look like this on both slings when done. Credit: who-dey

Interesting - I think mine look like that now though. Maybe previous owner did this? Anyway to tell for sure? If I understand correctly you take the original rubber slings and swap them with the rubbers right below them (that are in that inlane)?

#4467 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Interesting - I think mine look like that now though. Maybe previous owner did this? Anyway to tell for sure? If I understand correctly you take the original rubber slings and swap them with the rubbers right below them (that are in that inlane)?

Take a pic of your slings like the one above. That is the easiest way to know.

#4468 6 years ago

will do! I just found that a metal "gate" fell off the game. Spinner gate is good, the gate on the right orbit looks goods. The gate that fell is bigger than both. I wonder if it's from the back bc I don't see it

#4469 6 years ago

LE all the way

IMG_20170916_190010644 (resized).jpgIMG_20170916_190010644 (resized).jpg

#4470 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just found that a metal "gate" fell off the game.

Is it the little gate in front of the ecto goggles?

#4471 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is it the little gate in front of the ecto goggles?

Not the little one but you led me to the right place. It's the larger one to the left of that going to poppers. My games poppers really are active!

Btw have are my rubbers right now

20180117_190936 (resized).jpg20180117_190936 (resized).jpg

20180117_190927 (resized).jpg20180117_190927 (resized).jpg

#4472 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw have are my rubbers right now?

Yep. That's it.

#4473 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not the little one but you led me to the right place. It's the larger one to the left of that going to poppers. My games poppers really are active!
Btw have are my rubbers right now

Looks like they are already switched for ya!

#4474 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Looks like they are already switched for ya!

nice b/c I really liked the way the magnas were playing so that makes sense.

#4475 6 years ago

For whatever reason, I never reversed my slingshot rubbers - even after reading tons of posts about the huge difference it makes.

Well, I finally did it tonight... and now I look like my avatar. Wow! Awesome!!

#4476 6 years ago

I got 20 or so games on a Premium on route close to me. If it wasn't for those slings, I would pick up the Prem in a heartbeat. I love the ramp and how it goes under and back up to the PF! What a great shot.

But the slings have no power to them and when the magnets go wonky, it is more distracting than anything. Do you get used to them?

#4477 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I got 20 or so games on a Premium on route close to me. If it wasn't for those slings, I would pick up the Prem in a heartbeat. I love the ramp and how it goes under and back up to the PF! What a great shot.
But the slings have no power to them and when the magnets go wonky, it is more distracting than anything. Do you get used to them?

My slings have plenty of power. They will move the ball in a circle and then throw it up the playfield quickly. And reversing the rubbers makes them much more aggressive.

#4478 6 years ago

The magna slings imo are one of the best inventiones ever.
Sometimes the ball gets spinned around in a circle and gets thrown off then it spins around, comes to a complete halt end then gets droped onto the flipper etc etc. just great.

#4479 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Huh?

#4480 6 years ago

I noticed that some times the magna slings act like real slings, other times they were push the ball in very weird ways. What determines that? Is it based on the mode you are playing?

#4481 6 years ago

I'm having a problem with the left scoop that I remember others reporting. The ball goes in the scoop but doesn't start the mode (when lit). It just kicks the ball out without doing anything. In switch test it appears to work fine. I believe the problem is with the switch, even though the test appears to work. Is that right?

#4482 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I'm having a problem with the left scoop that I remember others reporting. The ball goes in the scoop but doesn't start the mode (when lit). It just kicks the ball out without doing anything. In switch test it appears to work fine. I believe the problem is with the switch, even though the test appears to work. Is that right?

You should lift up the playfield and check to see if one of the two black screws on the switch have come loose. I had the same issue on my machine a while back and found a screw in the bottom of the cabinet, put it back where it belonged, and now the left scoop works again.

#4483 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I own an LE and I've played at least three different pros in various locations and my vote goes to the Premium/LE. The Magna Slings make the game for me. Especially if you can play one with the sling rubbers flipped so that the slings are more active. Love it! I've had the game since day one and it'll never leave my collection but that's also partly because I'm a huge Ghostbusters fanboy.

#4484 6 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

I own an LE and I've played at least three different pros in various locations and my vote goes to the Premium/LE. The Magna Slings make the game for me. Especially if you can play one with the sling rubbers flipped so that the slings are more active. Love it! I've had the game since day one and it'll never leave my collection but that's also partly because I'm a huge Ghostbusters fanboy.

Has there been any word on if the Premium won't be used in PAPA events due to the magna slings? I haven't seen it (or the pro) used in too many tournaments this past year.

#4485 6 years ago

Ill admit, when I first heard about the magna slings, I was very skeptical. They turned out to be awesome, though. The way they move the ball around, combined with the ghostly sound effect, perfectly fits the theme and makes the game totally unique. Premium/LE all the way!

#4486 6 years ago
Quoted from Oxdeadbeef:

You should lift up the playfield and check to see if one of the two black screws on the switch have come loose. I had the same issue on my machine a while back and found a screw in the bottom of the cabinet, put it back where it belonged, and now the left scoop works again.

Ha, that was it. Actually both screws and the plate had fallen into the cab. Guess if it continues to be a problem I'll put on some blue Loc-tite.
While I was at it, I put the Drop Dead foam in the scoop and put the power back to 40, and I get a nice bounce off the right flipper like it's supposed to. Also put in clear 2" rings on the slingshots, but put them on top of the post rings. I tried moving them to the lower position but actually got way less activity.

#4487 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

where in the setting , can't seem to find where to change

Do you still need this?

#4488 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Do you still need this?

No, I found it in settings. Thanks

#4489 6 years ago

I have the slimer speaker covers, what do I need to buy to hook the lights up behind them? there is obviously a connection behind the backglasss,and ill need some green led's.. sorry,its probably simple,but im relatively new to all this,cant find an instructional video..

#4490 6 years ago

Thinking about getting a premium. Guess I will see if I can dig up one that's used before I order one NIB.

#4491 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I have the slimer speaker covers, what do I need to buy to hook the lights up behind them? there is obviously a connection behind the backglasss,and ill need some green led's.. sorry,its probably simple,but im relatively new to all this,cant find an instructional video..

It's easiest to go with a pre-assembled kit. In my opinion, these are the best ones on the market ...

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-10.html

#4492 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's easiest to go with a pre-assembled kit. In my opinion, these are the best ones on the market ...
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-10.html

I concur I have these on every one of my games that accommodates them.

#4493 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Thinking about getting a premium. Guess I will see if I can dig up one that's used before I order one NIB.

How are you liking you new Di ,it is a killer game I believe one of the best ever and I believe Gb pre or le would be a great second pin,so many cool toys and original layout some like the mag slings and under playfield ramp are just fantastic but it can be frustrating in stock form with the wide flipper gap and out lanes,I added the center post mod and the out lane extensions from yoyo, helps enough as long as you don't listen to others and do you you must to make the game play as you like.

#4496 6 years ago

Speaker light kit ordered, thank you, My scoleri brothers are acting up now,outta nowhere, during gameplay,usually not till 2nd ball,they start activating,not popping up,but clicking and moving slightly and collecting a ghost sometimes, mostly before I plunge, I lose my ballsave and can hear them clicking...anybody else experience this.? its the premium,pretty frustrating,they work fine otherwise

#4497 6 years ago

How big of a difference is a speaker upgrade on GB? The stock sounds pretty good to me, but does anyone have thoughts/experience with FF vs. External Sub vs. Stock?

I have upgraded 90s BW machines in the past with FF speakers and they sounded great.

#4498 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

How big of a difference is a speaker upgrade on GB? The stock sounds pretty good to me, but does anyone have thoughts/experience with FF vs. External Sub vs. Stock?
I have upgraded 90s BW machines in the past with FF speakers and they sounded great.

big diff is adding a sub (polk 10). That will blow you away. I wouldn't suggest anything else.

#4499 6 years ago

I just added a klipsch sub-12 on mine. Sounds amazing. Other than a sub, I don't think you need to change anything else with the speaker system IMO

#4500 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Speaker light kit ordered, thank you, My scoleri brothers are acting up now,outta nowhere, during gameplay,usually not till 2nd ball,they start activating,not popping up,but clicking and moving slightly and collecting a ghost sometimes, mostly before I plunge, I lose my ballsave and can hear them clicking...anybody else experience this.? its the premium,pretty frustrating,they work fine otherwise

Im surprised they work sometimes. It's a long shot but, Check the black plastic pieces on the scoleris. The little lip that catches and holds them up will break off and then they won't stay up. Mine broke within the first month or so. Stern sent me replacements

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/90?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.