Topic Stats

• 7,512 posts
  • 629 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Nightmare
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,334 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

710x528_29308725_15723322_1571103682 (resized).jpg
710x528_29267126_15702769_1570683537 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308800_15723368_1571104279 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308803_15723368_1571104285 (resized).jpg
bf1ecaed04eb60860c21359dd51f4feb7a593976 (resized).png
Ghostbusters Flippers (resized).jpg
1C55D30B-9826-41A7-A056-49843875557B (resized).png
7EE32369-9377-48E8-A828-0B61232126FA (resized).jpeg
IMG_8515 (resized).JPG
CC980D64-BBDA-4A9A-A773-3CA624D39D60 (resized).jpeg
56443AD1-10A5-4FF3-86E1-A91B566FA8F2 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).png
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
screen-capture (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7512 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 151.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

If anybody is interested in the Midnight Madness mode, had it tonight and captured on video. that mode always freaks me out when it activates and everything suddenly dies on me. » YouTube video

So I guess this counts as one of the 4 multiballs in the game? Man this game more easily accessible multiballs, as part of modes or normal gameplay.... modes like the Discover Hotel Monolith from Shadow, where you are using 2 or 3 balls to achieve an objective.

#402 3 years ago

We've had a pro at work for about 3 weeks now and have had a decent amount of play. I think the game is fun, but after the initial wow factor has worn off my biggest gripe with the machine is the complete lack of flow. It always seems you're just standing there waiting for some cut scene or the ball is held somewhere and with how jumpy the ball is it doesn't really feel like you're doing much more than watching and waiting. It's basically make a shot and sit around waiting to get the ball back or miss and watch the ball literally fly around before jumping over a divider and draining.

The machines here get a decent amount of play and it's definitely not any less jumpy or drainy, probably harder to play now with slimer being completely unreliable, the scoleri captive ball having a bent frame and not always connecting, and when the scoleri does pop up it's basically a crapshoot if they go down when you hit them.

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from fugene:

We've had a pro at work for about 3 weeks now and have had a decent amount of play. I think the game is fun, but after the initial wow factor has worn off my biggest gripe with the machine is the complete lack of flow. It always seems you're just standing there waiting for some cut scene or the ball is held somewhere and with how jumpy the ball is it doesn't really feel like you're doing much more than watching and waiting. It's basically make a shot and sit around waiting to get the ball back or miss and watch the ball literally fly around before jumping over a divider and draining.
The machines here get a decent amount of play and it's definitely not any less jumpy or drainy, probably harder to play now with slimer being completely unreliable, the scoleri captive ball having a bent frame and not always connecting, and when the scoleri does pop up it's basically a crapshoot if they go down when you hit them.

Is Stern going to be updating your Slimer Mech?

Do you have a picture of the bent frame?

The pop up targets sound like they need the same adjustment that was needed on Star Trek. Try tightening up the spring by about 10 loops. I did that on my GOT LE and now the drop target works perfectly.

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Got mine today! It's a really, really great game BUT... wtf I never played a SPIKE game before: This cooler fan is ridiculous!!! Can't one turn it down a bit?! The thing isn't hot at all but it runs full power.

Yep. It annoys the crap outta me too. Not fun watching the light show in attract mode while TV on next to it.

#405 3 years ago

Mine came today

20160518_141450_(resized).jpg

#406 3 years ago

The sound is fricken amazing on this pin. Crystal clear audio and the soundtrack is excellent.

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

The sound is fricken amazing on this pin. Crystal clear audio and the soundtrack is excellent.

Yep, agree.

Didn't want to like this (space and $), saw the art and was not impressed. At Pin-a-Go-Go this past weekend I walked up to it on Friday and looked at the pf. I really liked the art. Still did not like the translite. Saw it in a darker enviro later and then it hit me--- I got it. Big time. Nice art, not MET but good stuff. Like I said, didn't want to like it so when I saw the pics I talked my way into that thinking.

Stepped up to the plate and pushed the button...launched the ball and the theme I have not heard in years came billowing out of the speakers. Oh sh1t, guess I am gonna like this... played it several times. Really liked it. Don't know why, never seen the film! In the 80s I musta been doing something else. Saw the film last night. The ghosts looked good, liked the premise but it went in a weird direction...but it was good enough and now I am part of the majority in that I have finally seen the film. Nobody I talked to had not seen it.

Ordered it! Premium with a trade from a nice and generous friend to an LE. Stoked. Really Stoked.

And yes, the song stays with you. For quite some time. In the other thread they seemed to forget there are volume buttons. Really, what did they expect was going to come out of the speakers? Hek, Funhouse has a similar catchy and stay-in-your-head theme song.

Looking forward to opening the box. Hurry up, Stern!

Thanks Trudeau.

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Ha the default audio level is like theatre loud. Sound is great for sure.

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha the default audio level is like theatre loud. Sound is great for sure.

Too freaking loud for me! LOL!

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Too freaking loud for me! LOL!

Oh for sure my wife & I were blown back by it! I don't know WTF people are complaining aboot some fan noise...I haven't heard it yet.

#411 3 years ago

Curious to see which version of Slimer people got on this batch coming in

#412 3 years ago

Premium on order. Late June delivery.

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Mine came today

Sweet enjoy!!!

#414 3 years ago

Mine didn't come today

#415 3 years ago

premium better be out by mid june, or my premium launch party is going to be pushed back.

#416 3 years ago

Not bad so far

20160518_201146_(resized).jpg

20160518_200147_(resized).jpg

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Not bad so far

Did you get the new and improved Slimer mech or the old one?

#418 3 years ago

Out of the box, mine plays pretty damn good. Slimer needs a clean hit and my playfield has the spelling error.

#419 3 years ago

Picked up mine last week! It needed a minor fix for the ramp diverter. This is an export version, so probably one of the first ever built. With spelling error and old slimer mech, but plays fantastic!
I recommend to set the coil strength to low and reduce the power of the slings a bit. At least the first 500 games or so
Ball was flying everywhere

5C99970D-D39B-4B9F-A133-0ACEF0D88D0B_(resized).jpeg

2369D269-2343-4A61-B51B-AEB193B6F421_(resized).jpeg

#420 3 years ago

Old slimmer mech moved cable . Registers just need a through shot on it, which im thinking is how it was designed. So far not seeing outlane jumping at 6.5 first spike system took me a bit to find the damn power switch

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Old slimmer mech moved cable . Registers just need a through shot on it, which im thinking is how it was designed. So far not seeing outlane jumping at 6.5 first spike system took me a bit to find the damn power switch

When I had it all set up on location (after being at my house for a day) I reached under the front left. A few friends were there and watching. We all laughed.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

When I had it all set up on location (after being at my house for a day) I reached under the front left. A few friends were there and watching. We all laughed.

First thing I did after setting it up right next to my GOT that I play all the time

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So far not seeing outlane jumping at 6.5 first spike system took me a bit to find the damn power switch

I hate that they moved the switch. It's a pain in the butt in a row of pins for kids and shorter people. GB will have to be an end of row game for my kids to reach. They did it all to save a few pennies on the cost of wiring.

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I hate that they moved the switch. It's a pain in the butt in a row of pins for kids and shorter people. GB will have to be an end of row game for my kids to reach. They did it all to save a few pennies on the cost of wiring.

Kids should be able to squeeze in betwixed games no?

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I hate that they moved the switch.

I've had my GB for two weeks now, and I *STILL* reach under the front to turn it on. Kinda laugh at myself every time. ...not sure I'll ever get used to the power switch being on the backbox.

#426 3 years ago

Isn't it possible to extend the wire and move it?

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Isn't it possible to extend the wire and move it?

Sure, but you'll also have to drill a new hole and have a hole in the head when you move the switch.

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Kids should be able to squeeze in betwixed games no?

Yeah....with big belt buckles on their belts.

#429 3 years ago

The switch move thing is a brain killer. Now that I've finally gotten used to it, DAMMIT, the other night I reached for the backbox corner to turn on my Metallica. Dammit!

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The switch move thing is a brain killer. Now that I've finally gotten used to it, DAMMIT, the other night I reached for the backbox corner to turn on my Metallica. Dammit!

Try throwing in a Pin 2000 game too. I'll have all 3 different switches to contend with.

#431 3 years ago

Us short, chubby fellows look ridiculous trying to turn off a Spike game in a line of games. We have enough esteem problems as it is. Don't take my pinball pride!

#432 3 years ago

I got word from my distributor today that mine will likely be shipping next week. Sweeeeet!

Last weekend, I went to the Mad Monster convention in Phoenix and met the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man himself: Billy Bryan. Very nice guy!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

The signed photo is already framed and hanging over the spot where Ghostbusters will soon reside.

#433 3 years ago

WooHoo!! Finally!!

image_(resized).jpeg

#434 3 years ago

The game is great. I'm glad I'm not the only one enjoying it. Location earnings are good and steady.

It must not be too difficult for some players. GC on location is just over 1.5 billion. TWD and IM are much more punishing games. Obvious after 10 plays.

#435 3 years ago

what's the most characters you can enter for a high score?

#436 3 years ago

10 characters.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

10 characters.

thank you

#438 3 years ago

I finally got to play one at my friend's house and put about 5 hours on the game and I must say I'm disappointed. I really wanted to like it since I preordered a premium but this game just isn't for me. Right ramp sucks and drains feel cheap and there's really no flow. Overall package is real nice but the gameplay just feels meh It just didn't give me that one more game feeling and didn't interest me much after. IMO it's not a top 10 game, far from it. I'm just curious to see what ppl will think of the game after the honeymoon phase is over. Needless to say, i've cancelled my preorder.

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

I finally got to play one at my friend's house and put about 5 hours on the game and I must say I'm disappointed. I really wanted to like it since I preordered a premium but this game just isn't for me. Right ramp sucks and drains feel cheap and there's really no flow. Overall package is real nice but the gameplay just feels meh It just didn't give me that one more game feeling and didn't interest me much after. IMO it's not a top 10 game, far from it. I'm just curious to see what ppl will think of the game after the honeymoon phase is over. Needless to say, i've cancelled my preorder.

Needless to say, not every pin is for everyone. I put about 20 plays on it at the Ohio show and then more a month or so later at the Allentown show. Love it and can't wait to get mine. You can always reorder a premium later after you get to play one somewhere. It may have a different flow feel for you.

#440 3 years ago

There's no flow if you can't hit the shots. It's not a Steve Ritchie design. Trudeau did an awesome job on the design. It's a really good marriage of the playfield and rules. It's earning like an SOB and it gets called a lot in our league where the players have about 30 other choices. I know it's not for everyone. But I think it is for most everyone.

#441 3 years ago

GB does stray from the 'traditional' design somewhat, and I think that it just takes awhile to adjust. The flipper gap and increased downward slope forces you to play differently than most new Sterns. I got both MET and GB two weeks ago. They play completely different. Dead flipper passes are a MUST on GB. ...and trapping the ball is WAY more important (and easy) on MET - IMHO.

In the picture above, I broke 1 billion for the first time. Popped my billion cherry. It was a an awesome game - and yet I still didn't progress too deeply into the modes. A couple things I noticed - first, your bonus can make or break your game. I had a 228 million bonus on ball 3! How? On ball 2 I noticed my bonus was 25 million and was held over - so I went for the 5x bonus multiplier for the skill shot. BOOM - 125 million with that shot alone! Another minor thing I noticed is that the right ramp started "you got one" mode - if you nail it all the way to the top.

At this point, I'm not sure if GB will be a long term keeper in my collection, but I sure am having a blast with it now!

#442 3 years ago

I don't want anymore traditional layouts out of stern. We have way to many already. Fan patterns have been over done. Need new ideas like this and TWD.

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

If anybody is interested in the Midnight Madness mode, had it tonight and captured on video. that mode always freaks me out when it activates and everything suddenly dies on me. » YouTube video

We discovered last night, if the game is sitting in attract mode at midnight, it will do the clock gong sounds 12 times, and if you start a game within that minute, you can still play midnight madness mode!

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is Stern going to be updating your Slimer Mech?
Do you have a picture of the bent frame?
The pop up targets sound like they need the same adjustment that was needed on Star Trek. Try tightening up the spring by about 10 loops. I did that on my GOT LE and now the drop target works perfectly.

I don't know about any updates, probably nothing will happen. It's not just that it doesn't register, half the time it will just register on it's own. I included a picture of the frame, you can see the ball stuck half way. Definitely happened about a week after receiving. Thanks for the targets tip, will look into adjusting that.

20160520_123518_(resized).jpg

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from fugene:

I don't know about any updates, probably nothing will happen. It's not just that it doesn't register, half the time it will just register on it's own. I included a picture of the frame, you can see the ball stuck half way. Definitely happened about a week after receiving. Thanks for the targets tip, will look into adjusting that.

Ive had to bend the rail back out 2x now in 140 games

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

We discovered last night, if the game is sitting in attract mode at midnight, it will do the clock gong sounds 12 times, and if you start a game within that minute, you can still play midnight madness mode!

In attract mode, the game will gong once for each hour, on the hour.

#447 3 years ago

The bright side is the captive ball only does Scaollari bros right? Which brings up the drops that suck...so kind of cancels each other out

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The bright side is the captive ball only does Scaollari bros right? Which brings up the drops that suck...so kind of cancels each other out

Right Captive ball at least triggers these things...

1. Scoleri Brothers
2. Terror Dog Hurry-Up
3. Terror Dog Hurry-Up (again)
4. Gozer the Gozerian Hurry-Up

#449 3 years ago

The ball is hitting the rail that hard to bend it?

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha exactly. It fixed itself. The game is still really fun with all the little hiccups, just wish there were less cut scenes and waiting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
There are 7512 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 151.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside