IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 249.
#4401 6 years ago

Right Orbit protector - by Stay Puft.

#4402 6 years ago

wow thanks guys - thinking about buying it as it seems to really go off during a number of times during the game. 160....hmmmmm.

Is it distracting though during the game? I will go back and reach through the comments too.

#4404 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wow thanks guys - thinking about buying it as it seems to really go off during a number of times during the game. 160....hmmmmm.
Is it distracting though during the game? I will go back and reach through the comments too.

Not distracting at all. It only adds awesomeness.

#4405 6 years ago

also if anyone owns the stern licensed shooter rod - is it the same shape as the stock one in the front or is it more rounded (like a ball)? I can't tell from the stock pics. I really hate the way the stock ones feel.

#4406 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

also if anyone owns the stern licensed shooter rod - is it the same shape as the stock one in the front or is it more rounded (like a ball)? I can't tell from the stock pics. I really hate the way the stock ones feel.

It is more rounded than the stock one, though had a flat front. It feels fine, but honestly is a bit cheap considering the price tag. I’d probably either leave the stock one or go for one of the Modfather (or similar) ones if I had it to do over.

#4407 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

It is more rounded than the stock one, though had a flat front. It feels fine, but honestly is a bit cheap considering the price tag. I’d probably either leave the stock one or go for one of the Modfather (or similar) ones if I had it to do over.

Thanks - I've contacted the modfather as I've been happy with his on my other ones. I just love that damn logo! thanks!

#4408 6 years ago

Right orbit and left ramp airball protectors back in stock based on requests

Let me know if you need either.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protector

#4409 6 years ago

Has anyone had there spooked central countdown start at 22.5m instead of 15.25m ? It's only happened a few times in thousands of games, I have no idea how this happens though? Anybody ?? I own the premium Haven't seen it happen on the pro, but sure it has/does?

#4410 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Has anyone had there spooked central countdown start at 22.5m instead of 15.25m ? It's only happened a few times in thousands of games, I have no idea how this happens though? Anybody ?? I own the premium Haven't seen it happen on the pro, but sure it has/does?

This has happened on my pro a handful of times. I thought it was related to hitting the right ramp really quick.

#4411 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

This has happened on my pro a handful of times. I thought it was related to hitting the right ramp really quick.

I think it's an award from the popbumpers ("more time" but actually higher value)

#4412 6 years ago

Too bad the walking staypuft doesn’t walk during his mode.

#4413 6 years ago

I’ve been morbidly curious to see what happens with the Trudeau situation—mainly to see if I need to bury my signed translite after all (also signed by Zombie Yeti and Dwight Sullivan so would be a shame!) and what impact it may have on perceptions of GB long term. It’s been quiet for a while, but public DuPage County court records online shows the next court date is scheduled for Jan. 18 at 9am. The purpose is “plea or setting.” I’m guessing this means Trudeau will either plead guilty to something or a trial date will be set. Anyone familiar with how this process works know more?

#4414 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I've had this happen too. The DMD will show something like "Stay Puft Award Grows" and then the hurry up value will increase. I have no idea #1 what causes the stay puft award to be awarded and #2 why it's called stay puft if it effects spook central.

#4415 6 years ago
Quoted from krankin:

I've had this happen too. The DMD will show something like "Stay Puft Award Grows" and then the hurry up value will increase. I have no idea #1 what causes the stay puft award to be awarded and #2 why it's called stay puft if it effects spook central.

Indeed, "stay puft award grows" comes up, I wonder this must be a bug? its the only time Ive ever seen that "stay puft award grows" never seen it during stay puft mode, and ive been many times. One time I had 6X going,and hit gozer 3 times before hitting the multiplied right orbit to start collecting staypuft at a whopping 900m a shot,and growing each shot of course! but no "stay puft award grows" display Ive seen. got 9.5b that game! highest to date for me

#4417 6 years ago

Can anyone shed some light on this

Took a colour DMD out of CONGO to put in GBLE, bought the Stern kit, stand offs, clear perspex, ‘Y’ cable, and bought the 12V cable that plugs into CN6 and into the male Y connector

Fitted, but no power going to the DMD, definetly no power as no lights on board on DM (and worked in I500 after)

Is the stern SAM/WHITESTAR kit the same as a SPIKE kit, as this is what the supplier sent me?
Anyone else have this problem?

I’m not sure if it’s the cables or nothing coming out of CN6, but why/how could that be?

Thanks

#4418 6 years ago

well back in the club! Let's get that code going!

#4419 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Can anyone shed some light on this
Took a colour DMD out of CONGO to put in GBLE, bought the Stern kit, stand offs, clear perspex, ‘Y’ cable, and bought the 12V cable that plugs into CN6 and into the male Y connector
Fitted, but no power going to the DMD, definetly no power as no lights on board on DM (and worked in I500 after)
Is the stern SAM/WHITESTAR kit the same as a SPIKE kit, as this is what the supplier sent me?
Anyone else have this problem?
I’m not sure if it’s the cables or nothing coming out of CN6, but why/how could that be?
Thanks

New displays include a short adapter cable that plugs into the power distribution board at the lower right corner of the backbox to obtain 12V. The other side of the adapter connects to the standard SAM/WS cable kit.
This adapter is all that's needed to power newer LED and LCD displays with Chroma controller boards.
Older displays with Rev 1.3B boards need both 5V and 12V. Pinball Life and Mezel Mods both sell DC/DC converters for SPIKE games that convert 48V from the game to 5V/12V needed to power the ColorDMD and other game mods.

#4420 6 years ago

So I've owned the game for over and year, and I finally decided today to adjust the flippers so they aren't droopy like they come from the factory. Holy crap what a difference it makes! I can't believe I waited all this time to make this change. The game shoots so much better like this. For starters, it's much easier to control the ball. This is a very big deal on a game with such a large flipper gap. Not only is it much easier to cradle the ball, but it's also easier to perform flipper passes. On top of this, it's also now possible to backhand the left ramp, something I couldn't do at all before. In my opinion, everyone should make this change. This is how the game is supposed to play!

#4421 6 years ago

what do you use to tighten the two screws 237-5937-02 SCREW, 2-56 X 1/2" HWH MS for the library scoop switch? looks like a pretty small socket.
Thanks

#4422 6 years ago

Pics please

Quoted from gweempose:

So I've owned the game for over and year, and I finally decided today to adjust the flippers so they aren't droopy like they come from the factory. Holy crap what a difference it makes! I can't believe I waited all this time to make this change. The game shoots so much better like this. For starters, it's much easier to control the ball. This is a very big deal on a game with such a large flipper gap. Not only is it much easier to cradle the ball, but it's also easier to perform flipper passes. On top of this, it's also now possible to backhand the left ramp, something I couldn't do at all before. In my opinion, everyone should make this change. This is how the game is supposed to play!

#4423 6 years ago

I moved them up so they are now pretty much parallel with the inlanes ...

GB.jpgGB.jpg

#4424 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Truth.

#4425 6 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

New displays include a short adapter cable that plugs into the power distribution board at the lower right corner of the backbox to obtain 12V. The other side of the adapter connects to the standard SAM/WS cable kit.
This adapter is all that's needed to power newer LED and LCD displays with Chroma controller boards.
Older displays with Rev 1.3B boards need both 5V and 12V. Pinball Life and Mezel Mods both sell DC/DC converters for SPIKE games that convert 48V from the game to 5V/12V needed to power the ColorDMD and other game mods.

Thanks, I got the cable from pinballlife, plugged cable into CN6, the other end into the 3pin Y connector, that to the DMD board, but no power at all, will check the CN6 for output

#4426 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Thanks, I got the cable from pinballlife, plugged cable into CN6, the other end into the 3pin Y connector, that to the DMD board, but no power at all, will check the CN6 for output

Just contact colordmd. That are always responsive, and know their stuff.

#4427 6 years ago

I love my gb. I feel like it shoots really well at this point. I have seen some posts about replacing the hex post on the right ramp. Does anyone have a pic? Does it really help that much? Also, is this the right piece (1 5/8):
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=359

#4428 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I love my gb. I feel like it shoots really well at this point. I have seen some posts about replacing the hex post on the right ramp. Does anyone have a pic? Does it really help that much? Also, is this the right piece (1 5/8):

I thought I had a pic, but I can’t find it. That’s the correct part, though. I highly recommend giving it a shot. If you don’t feel a difference, you could always swap it back.

#4429 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

SIGNIFICANT diff. The shot is now doable and completely changes it.

btw - I'm back in the club. Went with premium again as I tried the pro but couldn't deal with the compromises. Magna by itself are worth it.

This game is fun - plays better than I remember and it's unique. Love the theme and with my custom soundtrack (check the other custom code thread), it's really running on all cylinders. I was critical of this game recently but with the new code coming out - I've more excited than ever.

#4430 6 years ago

when I first got my pro you would get an extra ball after catching 30 ghosts and now it's up to extra ball at 42 ghosts, is this normal that it keeps going higher? Would like it to go back to 30!!

#4431 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I did this tonight, and you’re right. Shots are backhand-able, unlike before. However, I find the shot geometry is off now. Basically, I need to re-learn when to shoot.

Still a great trade off!

#4432 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I did this tonight, and you’re right. Shots are backhand-able, unlike before. However, I find the shot geometry is off now. Basically, I need to re-learn when to shoot.
Still a great trade off!

I tried this as well - I think I like it. I know for sure it looks normal now as i always thought the flippers looked droopy. I think I'll keep it like this.

#4433 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I tried this as well - I think I like it. I know for sure it looks normal now as i always thought the flippers looked droopy. I think I'll keep it like this.

Yup. The droopy flippers always reminded me of this guy:

0DCA5F30-06D7-4DE8-A19E-F3F11F6E5593 (resized).jpeg0DCA5F30-06D7-4DE8-A19E-F3F11F6E5593 (resized).jpeg

#4434 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can you explain what you mean about fixing a droopy flipper and how you do this?

#4435 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

when I first got my pro you would get an extra ball after catching 30 ghosts and now it's up to extra ball at 42 ghosts, is this normal that it keeps going higher? Would like it to go back to 30!!

This is apparently normal and confused me too in the beginning. Mine was up to 59 at one point. I have it set to 50 now which is one of the settings.

#4436 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

This is apparently normal and confused me too in the beginning. Mine was up to 59 at one point. I have it set to 50 now which is one of the settings.

where in the setting , can't seem to find where to change

#4437 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I got a premium and almost sold it. I decided to keep and make some adjustments and glad I did. It is my go to game at the moment. I adjusted flippers, flipped the sling rubbers, lowered right ramp, upgraded drop target springs, adjusted some switches, added airball protector and lane jump guides, and just updated to some new code with the music changes and I'm digging it. Love the game. DI is getting jealous now.

#4438 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

+1 on being able to back hand the left ramp from the left flipper, love it.

My one gripe is that the right ramp is a little harder to shoot now. But i lowered mine slightly and that helped. I like it though and will be keeping mine this way as well.

#4439 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Can you explain what you mean about fixing a droopy flipper and how you do this?

On most pinball machines, the flippers are angled so that they are "in line" with the lane behind each one. If you look at yours, most likely, each flipper droops down slightly (creating a wider gap). Many (including myself) have adjusted them up slightly. To do so, you have to loosen the screw that clamps the flipper mech to the flipper bat, adjust, and re-tighten (it needs to be tighter than you think, otherwise it will move the first time you bash the pinball with it)

#4440 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My shots were definitely off for a few games, but I was surprised by how fast I adjusted to it.

#4441 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

+1 on being able to back hand the left ramp from the left flipper, love it.
My one gripe is that the right ramp is a little harder to shoot now. But i lowered mine slightly and that helped. I like it though and will be keeping mine this way as well.

Since I adjusted my flippers I can backhand both left and right ramp

#4442 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Since I adjusted my flippers I can backhand both left and right ramp

Nice! I will have to work on that (backhanding right ramp)

#4443 6 years ago

I've smoked the right ramp backhand on the location GB nearby. Your right flipper would have to be well misaligned to not be possible. The way that left scoop fires, not being able to backhand that ramp would be a relatively minor problem.

Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Nice! I will have to work on that (backhanding right ramp)

As the ball drops from the area of Slimer/jet bumpers to the right flipper, you want to meet it with the flipper at the point just short of where the flipper comes to rest held in the up position. Relatively safe shot, as opposed to trying to redirect a ball coming to the left flipper. Seems less likely to spin off to the outlane when you miss.

#4444 6 years ago

I added a new subwoofer (Klipsch Sub-12-HGB) to my GB Prem today. What a difference! It sounds great! I should have added one when I first bought the pin. If you’ve debated on adding a sub, I highly recommend it.
And if you’re looking for a deal you can get this one for a pretty reasonable price from Fry’s this week. With their weekly emailed promo code it’s $100 off of retail. ($200 vs $300).

Junky

#4445 6 years ago

For the guys who adjusted their flippers up (to be in line with the inlanes) what have you done to your right ramp b/c that shot is now really hard on mine (and it's already been updated with the hex that makes it easier). Did you buy a shorter hex to reduce the height?

#4446 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the guys who adjusted their flippers up (to be in line with the inlanes) what have you done to your right ramp b/c that shot is now really hard on mine (and it's already been updated with the hex that makes it easier). Did you buy a shorter hex to reduce the height?

I've never adjusted/changed the right ramp on mine. I've always considered it a harder shot than the left ramp, but it's definitely a do-able shot. I'm able to shoot it fairly consistently. Honestly I've never understood why so many people felt the need to lower the ramp.
I also raised up my flippers a little to remove the "droop". I had to re-learn the shot geometry of the game but I'm used to it now. I like it better for many shots including backhanding the left ramp from the left flipper.
Just my $.02

#4447 6 years ago

Thanks. Anyone how adjusted the flippers up also adjust that ramp again and if so what did you do bc I'm thinking of moving that left flipper back down again

#4448 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hadn't noticed the right ramp being any more difficult to make since adjusting the flippers. I can see where coming at that shot from a slightly different angle might affect it, though. I will pay particular attention the next time I play and report back.

#4449 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I added a new subwoofer (Klipsch Sub-12-HGB) to my GB Prem today. What a difference! It sounds great! I should have added one when I first bought the pin. If you’ve debated on adding a sub, I highly recommend it.
And if you’re looking for a deal you can get this one for a pretty reasonable price from Fry’s this week. With their weekly emailed promo code it’s $100 off of retail. ($200 vs $300).
Junky

Did you hook it up using the Pinnovators connector?

#4450 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you hook it up using the Pinnovators connector?

I used the Pinnovators sub kit on my Pro and agree that it makes a great upgrade. There is deep bass in everything that you are missing. Even the sounds while the ball is sitting in the plunger lane! Highly recommended.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MD
There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/89?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.