IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,413 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 249.
#4201 6 years ago

I use it , it's a very good mod to make the pinball less "frustrating", you can add too my "save post"

IMG_20170320_124201 (resized).jpgIMG_20170320_124201 (resized).jpg

#4202 6 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

I use it , it's a very good mod to make the pinball less "frustrating", you can add too my "save post"

Thanks looks very Nice

#4203 6 years ago

People might down vote putting on longer carrot flipper bats (or whatever the correct term is) but I literally went from not ever touching mine in my small collection of 5 pins to now I play it more than my Met Prem, STLE, Kiss LE, and WOZLE. And while I still have some short brutal games (who doesn't on this pin) I am starting to have very good games on a regular basis, which is why I'm playing it more. To each his own I guess, but I think this is a no brainer for this pinball.

#4204 6 years ago

I joined the club about two weeks ago and I have noticed the airball protector I have only eliminates some of them but not all. Anyone have one for the premium that totally eliminates them they could recommend? I've got my coils set to soft also but still some airballs. Here is a pic of the one I have.

2cab5b78dd925307537da5f173a6ffbb5244c746 (resized).jpg2cab5b78dd925307537da5f173a6ffbb5244c746 (resized).jpg

#4205 6 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I joined the club about two weeks ago and I have noticed the airball protector I have only eliminates some of them but not all.

Do you have Cliffys installed at the drop targets? They tend to cause airballs.

#4206 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Do you have Cliffys installed at the drop targets? They tend to cause airballs.

You mean the stand up targets right? I'll have to check, thanks.

#4207 6 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You mean the stand up targets right?

No, I'm talking about the Scoleri drop targets. Some people install Cliffys on them, and they tend to exacerbate the airball situation.

GB-drops002 (resized).jpgGB-drops002 (resized).jpg

#4208 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No, I'm talking about the Scoleri drop targets. Some people install Cliffys on them, and they tend to exacerbate the airball situation.

Yes I have those Cliffy's installed, could be the issue, thanks.

#4210 6 years ago

Have you guys seen the latest 2 Stern service bulletins? Should we be requesting both kits and installing them? Could these issues be responsible for node board failures?

http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins

#4211 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

Have you guys seen the latest 2 Stern service bulletins? Should we be requesting both kits and installing them? Could these issues be responsible for node board failures?
http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins

Yep. Ordered both kits a couple weeks ago.

#4212 6 years ago

Modification through service bulletin is already executed on my game from the factory (29 september 2017 build date)

#4213 6 years ago

I finaly added carrot flippers ,have had center post mod and out lane mods but just not quite enough,Carrot flipper did the job for me and after 17 months of ownership I am now feeling comfortable with my gble ,I usually don't go quite this far on a game but I love gb and Did what I had to do

#4214 6 years ago

So I wanted to give it some time to make sure I wasn't mistaken, but the right orbit issue is absolutely still occurring on my GB Pro after removing the mylar up there. Most high speed clean shots into that orbit do not trigger the rollover. A rattling shot that dribbles up the orbit and into the bumper lanes will trigger it every time.

#4215 6 years ago

I agree. I had the centre post as well but the extra length added flippers is what made this game for me. With the added flippers I took the centre post out, but kept the inlanes on the shortest setting (but I do this for all games b/c I suck at pinball).

Instead of the carrot flippers b/c they are so ugly imo, I went with these purple aluminum bad boys:

http://www.adpin.de/english/

Quite pricey but they look amazing and feel great! I also ended up with the purple aluminum push buttons which complete the look. I love this pin with the added length flippers. Now I'm waiting for this code update so the game can hopefully be complete. Don't disappoint me Dwight and Stern!

Quoted from rockrand:

I finaly added carrot flippers ,have had center post mod and out lane mods but just not quite enough,Carrot flipper did the job for me and after 17 months of ownership I am now feeling comfortable with my gble ,I usually don't go quite this far on a game but I love gb and Did what I had to do

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#4216 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

So I wanted to give it some time to make sure I wasn't mistaken, but the right orbit issue is absolutely still occurring on my GB Pro after removing the mylar up there. Most high speed clean shots into that orbit do not trigger the rollover. A rattling shot that dribbles up the orbit and into the bumper lanes will trigger it every time.

Do you have cliffys on the brothers drop targets?

#4217 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

I agree. I had the centre post as well but the extra length added flippers is what made this game for me. With the added flippers I took the centre post out, but kept the inlanes on the shortest setting (but I do this for all games b/c I suck at pinball).
Instead of the carrot flippers b/c they are so ugly imo, I went with these purple aluminum bad boys:
http://www.adpin.de/english/
Quite pricey but they look amazing and feel great! I also ended up with the purple aluminum push buttons which complete the look. I love this pin with the added length flippers. Now I'm waiting for this code update so the game can hopefully be complete. Don't disappoint me Dwight and Stern!

I agree, not a big fan of the look of the carrot flippers, but I just covered mine with those flipper bat "trap" decals. looks great now.

#4218 6 years ago

Star Wars code is at 1.00. GB code is on the horizon now according to the Stern of the Union post a few months back.

#4219 6 years ago

ARRRGGGHHHHH!! So I just finished ALL the modes, had We Are Ready To Believe You lit for the first time, made the shot up the ramp, and it goes half way up...and straight down the middle on my last ball. FUDGE!!!!!

#4220 6 years ago

Rumor has it Laserrific topper ready next week

#4221 6 years ago

Can anyone tell me what color lights the back wall of the playfield had in it originally? I know Stern usually alternates white, then a color across the back. Mine had some crazy colors in it and I want to change it back. Thanks.

#4222 6 years ago

R/W/R/W/R

20171213_094503 (resized).jpg20171213_094503 (resized).jpg

#4224 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Do you have cliffys on the brothers drop targets?

Nope.

#4225 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Is your ball getting stuck up there on a fast shot, or is it flying around the orbit but just not triggering the switch? If it's the latter, then you probably just need to adjust the switch actuator. If it's the former, then I'm not sure what's going on. Before I removed the mylar on my game, a fast hit ball would often rattle around up there. After removing the mylar, it always comes around clean.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4226 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is your ball getting stuck up there on a fast shot, or is it flying around the orbit but just not triggering the switch? If it's the latter, then you probably just need to adjust the switch actuator. If it's the former, then I'm not sure what's going on. Before I removed the mylar on my game, a fast hit ball would often rattle around up there. After removing the mylar, it always comes around clean.

It flies around the orbit but doesn't trigger the switch. The rattling shots I mentioned happen when I backhand it up there from the right flipper since it doesn't have near as much speed then, and also when the left flipper shots hits the wall on the way up the orbit. Clean full strength shots that go straight up the right orbit fly at top speed all the way around and back down the left orbit.

#4227 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

It flies around the orbit but doesn't trigger the switch. The rattling shots I mentioned happen when I backhand it up there from the right flipper since it doesn't have near as much speed then, and also when the left flipper shots hits the wall on the way up the orbit. Clean full strength shots that go straight up the right orbit fly at top speed all the way around and back down the left orbit.

Then it has to be the switch. Have you tried adjusting it?

#4228 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Then it has to be the switch. Have you tried adjusting it?

Haven't, will give that a shot. Slowly expanding my pinball troubleshooting abilities haha, I'm up to:
*Can remove the glass
*Can lift the playfield
*Can adjust the flipper position
*Can use the menu

#4229 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

It flies around the orbit but doesn't trigger the switch.

We just got our replacement play field in and are having the same problem. It did not happen with our original play field, but the balls shoot around the orbit super fast on our new one. I assume it has to be a switch that needs adjusting, but I have not had the chance to mess with is yet. We also could not find any info on it, so probably just a few of us having the problem.

#4230 6 years ago
Quoted from Stosel:

We just got our replacement play field in and are having the same problem. It did not happen with our original play field, but the balls shoot around the orbit super fast on our new one. I assume it has to be a switch that needs adjusting, but I have not had the chance to mess with is yet. We also could not find any info on it, so probably just a few of us having the problem.

Make sure and take the Mylar off first. That fixes the issue 99% of the time. abagwell is the first report I’ve seen of it not working.

#4231 6 years ago

Does anyone know the deadflip Easter egg flipper combination?

#4232 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Haven't, will give that a shot. Slowly expanding my pinball troubleshooting abilities haha, I'm up to:
*Can remove the glass
*Can lift the playfield
*Can adjust the flipper position
*Can use the menu

Hey, we all have to start somewhere.

It's possible it's just a flaky switch, but I would try adjusting it before jumping to that conclusion. Go underneath the playfield and remove the switch. Then, carefully try to tweak the wire (actuator) so that it sticks out a little higher above the playfield when installed. What you are trying to do is increase the sensitivity of the switch so it is more easily triggered. Hopefully, this will solve your problem. My only other suggestion would be to check and make sure your Scoleri target is sitting perfectly flush with the playifield. It's height can be adjusted by a screw at the bottom of the drop target mech.

#4233 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure and take the Mylar off first. That fixes the issue 99% of the time. abagwell is the first report I’ve seen of it not working.

Thanks chuckwurt will definitely try that first. Great GOT tutorial last night, can't wait for part 2.

#4234 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I have done a full 180 on this game. At first was very frustrated with it, could never seem to have a good game. Then I tweaked a few things (got carrot flipper bats, reset slimmer, etc.) and I'm now having frequent really good games. Just finished by best to date and had a blast! Went through every mode except "Back Off Man I'm a Scientist" I didn't even realize you can get to "we came we saw we kicked..." twice (I am not sure, but guessing after I finished StayPuff and a 2nd time after I finished Ballroom) Ended up with 10,449,370,000! So glad I never dumped this pin!

I am same way, I made some adjustments (left the factory flippers for now) and GB is my go to game now at the house. The problem is out of the box the game is absolutely brutal. It has really turned into a great game and I am hoping the next code update really finishes it out.

#4235 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I have done a full 180 on this game. At first was very frustrated with it, could never seem to have a good game. Then I tweaked a few things (got carrot flipper bats, reset slimmer, etc.) and I'm now having frequent really good games. Just finished by best to date and had a blast! Went through every mode except "Back Off Man I'm a Scientist" I didn't even realize you can get to "we came we saw we kicked..." twice (I am not sure, but guessing after I finished StayPuff and a 2nd time after I finished Ballroom) Ended up with 10,449,370,000! So glad I never dumped this pin!

Just make sure you make mention of changed flippers if you log that high score. That really changes the game.. I was always under the impression the reason for the wider gap down the middle was due to having 2 inlanes on both sides..

Im just one of those guys who doesnt understand the point of making the game easier...

#4236 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Just make sure you make mention of changed flippers if you log that high score. That really changes the game.. I was always under the impression the reason for the wider gap down the middle was due to having 2 inlanes on both sides..
Im just one of those guys who doesnt understand the point of making the game easier...

The reason for the wide flipper gap is because it is John Tredeau's trademark. I generally like to leave games at factory settings but GB is not fun for alot of people unless they make it a little less brutal. At the end of the day, it's your game so make it the way that you want it and don't look back.

#4237 6 years ago

Kits ordered from Stern today. Super fast response from Chas.

You can email your request to [email protected]

Include your serial #, your name, and address.

Hopefully, you registered your machine with Stern.
Not sure if not registering matters, but the 2 times I've called Stern, they asked for my serial #.

SPI part number 502-7061-00. ( for nodes 8 and 9)
Capacitor Service Kit 502-7060-00 ( for nodes 8 and 9)

Chas responded same day that the order is in the works and will be on the way.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-189-core-node-stabilization/2235/Stern-SB189.pdf

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-190-core-node-capacitor-service/2236/Stern-SB190.pdf

#4238 6 years ago

Any update on time frame for getting these? Still waiting for mine.

#4239 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Any update on time frame for getting these? Still waiting for mine.

I've been waiting for mine for a couple weeks. I reached out to David at Stern yesterday, and he said they are still out of stock. For now, they are just collecting orders and will send out the kits as soon as they get them.

#4240 6 years ago

What are the kits for?

#4242 6 years ago

Do you need the kit, or just use a regular cable tie?

#4243 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Do you need the kit, or just use a regular cable tie?

Certainly just looks like a regular zip tie. I'd be curious if anyone has done that as well.

#4244 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Certainly just looks like a regular zip tie. I'd be curious if anyone has done that as well.

Its a zip tie with a plastic spacer (with a slot in its center). The device includes a zip tie but the set will prevent the diode from moving forward or backward on its spindly legs.

Problem:
The leads of the D9 diode have physically broken due to the extensive amount of vibration (shaker motor?) that
occurs on the playfield. The D9 diode had 2 thin leads compared to the 3 thicker leads that are
on transistors located on the node board.
d9 (resized).pngd9 (resized).png

#4245 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Its a zip tie with a plastic spacer (with a slot in its center). The device includes a zip tie but the set will prevent the diode from moving forward or backward on its spindly legs.
Problem:
The leads of the D9 diode have physically broken due to the extensive amount of vibration (shaker motor?) that
occurs on the playfield. The D9 diode had 2 thin leads compared to the 3 thicker leads that are
on transistors located on the node board.

how long is the spacer? ill just make one out of tube stock. got plenty of zip ties.

#4246 6 years ago

I've noticed lately that during multiball, the game pretty much always kicks out a 4th ball into play around 10 seconds after the 3rd ball launches. It does this no matter what mode is ongoing. At first I thought that is was a code error, but I'm not sure anymore.
It never kicks out this extra ball at any other point in the game... just at the beginning of multiball.

Anyone else seen this happen?
Thanks in advance!

#4247 6 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

I've noticed lately that during multiball, the game pretty much always kicks out a 4th ball into play around 10 seconds after the 3rd ball launches. It does this no matter what mode is ongoing. At first I thought that is was a code error, but I'm not sure anymore.
It never kicks out this extra ball at any other point in the game... just at the beginning of multiball.
Anyone else seen this happen?
Thanks in advance!

Anything to do with add-a-ball? I can't keep all these rules straight

#4248 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Anything to do with add-a-ball? I can't keep all these rules straight

Left scoop is always lit for Add-A-Ball on every multiball start, and you can also get Add-A-Ball from the pop bumper rewards during multiball. Since all of the balls are launching up into the bumpers it is pretty damn likely that it's going to trigger Add-A-Ball from the pops.

#4249 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Left scoop is always lit for Add-A-Ball on every multiball start, and you can also get Add-A-Ball from the pop bumper rewards during multiball. Since all of the balls are launching up into the bumpers it is pretty damn likely that it's going to trigger Add-A-Ball from the pops.

Thanks for the reply! I played a few games today and I think that this is what it comes down to. I just found it odd that I pretty much always got a 4th ball kicked into play. I was about to check the trough to see if a ball was not moving forward, causing the 4th ball to fire... but your explanation makes sense.

#4250 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Fun thing I learned replacing the Library scoop protector, you can widen and narrow the entrance to spinner lane (left orbit). The screw that holds down the metal rail with the blue bumper on it is held by an adjustable brace. Mine was set as narrow as it would go by factory settings, and I have always found that shot pretty hard. Just widened it up and its a much more reasonable shot now. Going to see if I can do the same with the right short ramp tonight.

Has anyone else had luck with this and/or have pics of the brace that Scary mentions? Had a look under the PF tonight and didn't see any adjustable base, unless it's under the plastics . . ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 12,413 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/85?hl=archon9000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.