IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 249.
#4151 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Nice. I will give it a shot! Thanks!

They will look like this when you reverse them.

F8726211-55A6-495B-A831-0814E4D0F3EB (resized).jpegF8726211-55A6-495B-A831-0814E4D0F3EB (resized).jpeg

#4152 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

100% agree with this as well.
Dropping coin in this game on location could get expensive quick.

Totally agree!

I think it’s more jealousy than hate cause it’s just so much better (with current code) than most of the other games out there.
Imagine how awesome it could be when they get the code even better!

And sorry but I don’t agree at all that it is a drainer. At least not wors than TWD and other games out there ones tweaked.
And having said that. Has anyone played SW Pre or LE? I wonder what you should call that then if you call GB a brutal game!
That word needs yet to be invented. ☠️

#4153 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

love my GB, but I have to disagree with the unsafe shots part. The ball can come out of the pops straight down the middle.....

That what slide saves are for ...

#4154 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Fun thing I learned replacing the Library scoop protector, you can widen and narrow the entrance to spinner lane (left orbit). The screw that holds down the metal rail with the blue bumper on it is held by an adjustable brace. Mine was set as narrow as it would go by factory settings, and I have always found that shot pretty hard. Just widened it up and its a much more reasonable shot now. Going to see if I can do the same with the right short ramp tonight.

+1. Thank you @scarybeard! My spinner shot is so much easier now.

For anyone else interested in slightly widening the spinner shot, the hex head wood screw that holds down the rail is accessed underneath the library/captiveball plastic behind the library scoop.

#4155 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Done. Thanks! Works great.

I also moved down the outlane posts...I would be lying if I said I wasn’t cussing out the placement of the right outlane post. Having to take off the whole right plastic to move that post blows!!

#4156 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Done. Thanks! Works great.
I also moved down the outlane posts...I would be lying if I said I wasn’t cussing out the placement of the right outlane post. Having to take off the whole right plastic to move that post blows!!

Lol yeah that right one kind of sucks for sure. Did those two things make this game alot better though or what? I think it's a major improvement in the fun of this game don't you?

#4157 6 years ago

agree. haters hate. GB is genius. i actually like the air balls when happens. think its great with ghost theme/slings etc.
watch this go out of print and people figure it out someday. ive got a SW LE - ACDC prem and GB Prem. GB is my favorite.

#4158 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol yeah that right one kind of sucks for sure. Did those two things make this game alot better though or what? I think it's a major improvement in the fun of this game don't you?

Hell yeah! Loving this game. Once you make the adjustments needed and add the airball/outlane protectors, this game plays awesome! Family loves it as well!

#4160 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey that's my machine ...
Glad the reverse sling rubbers are a hit .

I believe it was pinsider chucksmith that first told me about the reverse sling rubbers .

#4161 6 years ago

Has anyone changed out the sling leds to a different color other than those super bright whites ? Pics ?

#4162 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Totally agree!
I think it’s more jealousy than hate cause it’s just so much better (with current code) than most of the other games out there.
Imagine how awesome it could be when they get the code even better!
And sorry but I don’t agree at all that it is a drainer. At least not wors than TWD and other games out there ones tweaked.
And having said that. Has anyone played SW Pre or LE? I wonder what you should call that then if you call GB a brutal game!
That word needs yet to be invented. ☠️

Exactly guys who dont like this game are weak but those who like TWD/IM ect love it.

New code is apparently coming in a few weeks, pumped!!

#4163 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Exactly guys who dont like this game are weak but those who like TWD/IM ect love it.
New code is apparently coming in a few weeks, pumped!!

Is it really a few weeks? That would be amazing! Have they actually given any sort of timeline though?

#4164 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Is it really a few weeks? That would be amazing! Have they actually given any sort of timeline though?

I may have miss read it, looks like after star wars is compleate in a few weeks GB update is next
http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-november-2017

#4165 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I may have miss read it, looks like after star wars is compleate in a few weeks GB update is next
http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-november-2017

Nice! Thanks for the link!

#4166 6 years ago

Any reviews on the topper? $500 seems like a bunch of money, but it sure does look like it completes the machine...

Is it worth it? Does it have good interaction with the game? I don’t see a ton of info on it.

#4167 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Has anyone changed out the sling leds to a different color other than those super bright whites ? Pics ?

I haven't but I definitely have thought about it because the white sucks. Maybe a green would look good?

#4168 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Any reviews on the topper? $500 seems like a bunch of money, but it sure does look like it completes the machine...
Is it worth it? Does it have good interaction with the game? I don’t see a ton of info on it.

Definitely not worth 500. I think thats stealing. maybe half and thats a stretch

#4169 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Yes $500 is overpriced. It flashes during ball save, if you get an extra ball, we got one, and It cycles during part of the attract mode. I forget if there is anything else. For me it was the perfect polish for the game and worth the coin spend. YMMV

#4170 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Yes $500 is overpriced. It flashes during ball save, if you get an extra ball, we got one, and It cycles during part of the attract mode. I forget if there is anything else. For me it was the perfect polish for the game and worth the coin spend.

I agree with you. Yes overpriced, but I bought one anyways. Knowing that they make this for the game, I just had to have it. It completes the game.

#4171 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I know a number of us have been battling the solution to the airballs off the x2 and x3 multiplier targets including my wedges that I designed and made available on Shapeways a while back which had mixed results.
I have been tinkering away in an attempt to improve on those. My thoughts was always that we shouldn't have to design air ball protectors and wedges etc and it must be something about Stern's target design - in that it has changed.
the target design has changed, as it use to have the angle built into the bracket where now it is vertical and that it has lowered - yes gives a cleaner look but effectively drops the rivet down at the ball impact height where it is luck if the ball deflects down or up off the target rivet. Therefore I redesigned the Stern target base mount to have a 5 degree lean forward and with the mounting holes lowered a few millimetres which effectively lifts the target higher which in turn means with the target sits higher and now leans forward 5 degrees. Now the ball hits the lower side of the rivet of the target and since there is a lean forward the target deflects now to roughly the vertical position together keeping the ball down on to the playfield.
I have been playing for about 20 games and really focusing on smashing the multiplier targets as hard as I can, with the overall results being:
- x 3 multiplier - very successful and very very happy - no airballs in 90-100 hits
- x 2 multiplier - successful and very happy - did not have any airballs on direct hits but still had a couple of very small hop airballs - but nothing huge like it use to. So not 100% successful but alot better than standard and the wedges so a 95% improvement. I believe the angle that the x2 multiplier sits contributes to hard to the side hits that do a unusual airball deflect.
if you want to give these a try head to Shapeways on the link below and pick a metal print that suits your taste and give them a play. There is no tapping or drilling to do just bolt in using the same bolts and footprint. I can't control the price as that is deemed by there pricing, sorry. Shapeways will have a free shipping deal for anywhere in the world for Cyber Monday.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks&sort=newest
the design

new and Stern bracket side by side

new and Stern top view of slot differences

the bracket locations - new bracket is the same thickness so fits in the same mounting locations

original impact height

3x target upgrade installed comparison to the 2x

2x & 3x bracket installed and you can see the raised impact height difference now

Has anyone else tried these? If so how did they work for you

#4172 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

Has anyone else tried these? If so how did they work for you

Only just released but a few people have purchased in the last few days so a few people might chime in the near future

#4173 6 years ago

My "K" rollover doesn't register every time. Most of the time it's not the end of the world, but when plunging to light multipliers, it needs to work. I already bent the switch tab and that didn't work. I then replaced the switch and it is still acting the same way. Anyone want to make any guesses as to what else to look at?

#4174 6 years ago

Anyone know what size rubber is used in the sling? The manual says 2” but I don’t think that’s correct. Thanks

#4175 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I used a frosted purple dome looks good with the green slime plastics that go with the center post kit

49D74E1C-B211-4331-A238-945080F775F4 (resized).jpeg49D74E1C-B211-4331-A238-945080F775F4 (resized).jpeg

#4176 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I used a frosted purple dome looks good with the green slime plastics that go with the center post kit

Ya that looks sharp.

#4177 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ya that looks sharp.

thanks

#4178 6 years ago

I'm going to be replacing the 2 screws that hold the outlane plastics and posts with clear plastic screws. I did that on my Jackbot and the Phillips heads light up real nice. There are 4 #8 screws that hold those plastics on each side which are plenty strong for the outlanes. Newer games use #6 screws but I think they will be fine because the outlanes really don't get real hard hits. Gonna be interesting to find out.

#4179 6 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Anyone know what size rubber is used in the sling? The manual says 2” but I don’t think that’s correct. Thanks

It is 2”
Just ordered a set from Titan Pinball
Perfect fit.
Magnet slings work sweet too.

#4180 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I think he was referring to the white triangle inserts in the playfield just in front of the slings that flash when the magana slings are active.

#4181 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I think he was referring to the white triangle inserts in the playfield just in front of the slings that flash when the magana slings are active.

Nope , i did mean the lights in the slings. Not the triangles. I think those triangles are on a board so no changing.
The reason why I asked was because when I play my pins next GB the sling lights hit me right in the eyes., and there BRIGHT.

#4182 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Nope , i did mean the lights in the slings. Not the triangles. I think those triangles are on a board so no changing.
The reason why I asked was because when I play my pins next GB the sling lights hit me right in the eyes., and there BRIGHT.

you can also color the stock bulbs with a sharpie color of choice should take the glare off and tint the area. if you don't like it remove it with alcohol wipe.

#4183 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

It is 2”
Just ordered a set from Titan Pinball
Perfect fit.
Magnet slings work sweet too.

Be careful. 2” of Titan usually split as they are a tad too tight. 2.5” are a tad too big. When they get the 2 1/4” rings in those should be perfect.

#4184 6 years ago

What switches up the multiplier in Stay-Puft? The best I can find is on tilt forums and the wiki just says " certain switches" .

#4185 6 years ago

For reference- I'm referring to these rubber slings-- by Magna sling-- Pinball Refinery replaced them with translucent ones and they look great lit in purple on my brother's machine. Steve sent me 2" - but I think they need to be bigger as the stock black ones look wrapped around the post to make them super tight I'm assuming...thoughts?

Ghostbusters_Club_-_We_Got_One______Pinside_Forum (resized).jpgGhostbusters_Club_-_We_Got_One______Pinside_Forum (resized).jpg

Ghostbusters_custom_apron_with_lighting_effects (resized).jpgGhostbusters_custom_apron_with_lighting_effects (resized).jpg

#4186 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Be careful. 2” of Titan usually split as they are a tad too tight. 2.5” are a tad too big. When they get the 2 1/4” rings in those should be perfect.

Any idea on ETA? I need that size too

#4187 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Any idea on ETA? I need that size too

No. Check in the Titan thread.

#4188 6 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

What switches up the multiplier in Stay-Puft? The best I can find is on tilt forums and the wiki just says " certain switches" .

My understanding is that you hit it into the pops to upp the multiplier, but my understanding of this mode is limited.

#4189 6 years ago

The gozer target (hence the flasher behind it being lit)

#4190 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I agree with you. Yes overpriced, but I bought one anyways. Knowing that they make this for the game, I just had to have it. It completes the game.

Any time you see and/or hear the ecto-mobile, the topper should activate.

#4191 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Some people have toned down the BRIGHTness by putting a piece of colored electrical tape over the LED . The light shoots right through.
From the playfield you only see the light not the tape. Green or White are good choices. I personally just leave them as they are but my wife does not like the bright light so she just leaves the room lights on which reduces the effect since your eyes are adjusted to the room light.

#4192 6 years ago

Thanks Chuck !

#4193 6 years ago

I have done a full 180 on this game. At first was very frustrated with it, could never seem to have a good game. Then I tweaked a few things (got carrot flipper bats, reset slimmer, etc.) and I'm now having frequent really good games. Just finished by best to date and had a blast! Went through every mode except "Back Off Man I'm a Scientist" I didn't even realize you can get to "we came we saw we kicked..." twice (I am not sure, but guessing after I finished StayPuff and a 2nd time after I finished Ballroom) Ended up with 10,449,370,000! So glad I never dumped this pin!

#4194 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Ended up with 10,449,370,000!

#4195 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I have done a full 180 on this game. At first was very frustrated with it, could never seem to have a good game. Then I tweaked a few things (got carrot flipper bats, reset slimmer, etc.) and I'm now having frequent really good games. Just finished by best to date and had a blast! Went through every mode except "Back Off Man I'm a Scientist" I didn't even realize you can get to "we came we saw we kicked..." twice (I am not sure, but guessing after I finished StayPuff and a 2nd time after I finished Ballroom) Ended up with 10,449,370,000! So glad I never dumped this pin!

Carrots.....

#4196 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Nice... haha carrots, I’ve thought about modifying mine with a 2nd set of holes so I could reposition the flippers a little closer together, it’s my only problem with this game... I can handle a pinball, but sheesh, Judge Dredd and ghostbusters kill me on the stdm

#4197 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Some people have toned down the BRIGHTness by putting a piece of colored electrical tape over the LED . The light shoots right through.
From the playfield you only see the light not the tape. Green or White are good choices. I personally just leave them as they are but my wife does not like the bright light so she just leaves the room lights on which reduces the effect since your eyes are adjusted to the room light.

Would gels or camera lens filters do the job in toning them down and maybe using a different color

#4198 6 years ago

Anyone who tested a little longer flippers ? Seems it's way too hard.
Ola

received_10155019800567791 (resized).jpegreceived_10155019800567791 (resized).jpeg

received_10155019800782791 (resized).jpegreceived_10155019800782791 (resized).jpeg

received_10155013581987791 (resized).jpegreceived_10155013581987791 (resized).jpeg

#4199 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

I put lightning flippers on mine ...

#4200 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Ola

I don’t like the idea of longer flippers personally but it’s your game so make it the way that you enjoy it the most and don’t look back. I moved my outlane posts in so that’s cheating a little bit too I guess, even though it really doesn’t make much of a difference.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 12,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/84?hl=cnuts13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.