IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 250.
#4101 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't see how removing the mylar would have any effect on a ball coming from the shooter lane. The mylar fix is for fast moving balls coming around the right orbit. For balls hitting the gate when exiting the shooter lane, the solution is a lower tension spring for the manual plunger, and a higher tension spring for the auto-plunger. Some people have also bent their gates a little bit to make more room for the ball. A third option would be a piece of plastic over that area to keep the ball low as it's coming around that turn.

Yes , I wood agree here if it's only happening on the plunge and or auto plunge , spring swap.

#4102 6 years ago

Anyone have any instructions on how to build this mod?

71f178a7f48acf657506891cd088b9faac7a5309 (resized).jpg71f178a7f48acf657506891cd088b9faac7a5309 (resized).jpg

#4103 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Anyone have any instructions on how to build this mod?

Yes reciprocating saw works great !

#4104 6 years ago

wasn't aware of the auto plunger spring problem. what is the part number for this spring so I can get one please. I have problems only with the auto plunge

#4105 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

wasn't aware of the auto plunger spring problem. what is the part number for this spring so I can get one please. I have problems only with the auto plunge

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-437

#4106 6 years ago

For those of you that have switched to this spring, does the ball still easily make it all the way around the orbit?

#4107 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For those of you that have switched to this spring, does the ball still easily make it all the way around the orbit?

On mine it still has plenty of power, though is only a marginal improvement overall. Because the part is so cheap and is easy to switch out, it’s definitely worth a try the next time you place a parts order.

#4108 6 years ago

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but, has anyone added the Ecto Goggles (hologram) from a premium model to a Pro model? Is it even possible? Would you have to change the whole board system? Just curious. I have a pro model and wish it had the goggles.
thanks

#4109 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but, has anyone added the Ecto Goggles (hologram) from a premium model to a Pro model? Is it even possible? Would you have to change the whole board system? Just curious. I have a pro model and wish it had the goggles.
thanks

I don’t know if it’s possible or not but trust me, you aren’t missing anything at all.

#4112 6 years ago

From Stern's November "Stern of the Union Address". It's nice how games with code in development have notes next to them with what is be worked on.

"Ghostbusters – With Star Wars coming to completion soon, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters."

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-november-2017

#4113 6 years ago

I met Ernie Hudson today at Phoenix FanFest. He signed my Premium translite, and couldn’t have been nicer. He said that he’s got a GB in his house (and a Congo), but that he hasn’t had time to play it yet.

0EA52FE3-A5F7-4B8C-BF1F-A3919010E282 (resized).jpeg0EA52FE3-A5F7-4B8C-BF1F-A3919010E282 (resized).jpeg

#4114 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I met Ernie Hudson today at Phoenix FanFest. He signed my Premium translite, and couldn’t have been nicer. He said that he’s got a GB in his house (and a Congo), but that he hasn’t had time to play it yet.

Very cool!

#4115 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

He's a nice guy isn't he, I met him and his wife when they were in MPLS for the release party last year.

#4116 6 years ago

Two fellow pinsiders whom live within a few miles of me are selling a GB prem. This isn’t a title I was looking for, but I’m considering it. I’ve spent the last hour reading old threads, and it sounds like Stern had problems with GB last year. Any thoughts on the top 3 things I should be looking for? An items that would make you walk away?

#4117 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Two fellow pinsiders whom live within a few miles of me are selling a GB prem. This isn’t a title I was looking for, but I’m considering it. I’ve spent the last hour reading old threads, and it sounds like Stern had problems with GB last year. Any thoughts on the top 3 things I should be looking for? An items that would make you walk away?

Insert ghosting is the only big one that I heard a lot about.

Just be aware that you’re definitely going to want to do a few things to it right away if they haven’t already been addressed: airball protectors for the left ramp and slingshots/outlanes, and a shorter hex spacer for the right ramp (makes a huge difference).

#4118 6 years ago

Where do I get the shorted hex spacer for the right ramp on my Premium?

#4119 6 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Where do I get the shorted hex spacer for the right ramp on my Premium?

You’ll want a female to female 1 5/8” spacer. I got mine from Pinball Life, but it looks like they’re out.

This looks like the same part on Marco:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-13

#4120 6 years ago

his looks like the same part on Marco:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-13

Rats--they are out of stock too--any other vendor that might carry?

#4121 6 years ago

I bet Marco will have them back in stock pretty quick. I just got one from them last week.

#4122 6 years ago

I posted this in the GB issue thread also. So sorry for the double post if you follow that thread also. I have a Ghostbusters pro and I seem to be have a small problem with the left flipper. It works, but when I hit the ball at the end of the flipper it seems to have a low power. If I hit it in the middle of the flipper, it works as normal. I did replaced the nylon sleeve because it was dirty, in the flipper coil but that didn't effect much. I also replaced the flipper buttons the other day. The gap on the flipper switch seems good. IS There something I'm missing? thanks

#4123 6 years ago

NVM. I found that it was the break leaf switch. I bent them down a little more so it makes a good break. Fixed the problem. Thanks

#4124 6 years ago

Finally joined the club Friday!

408CD557-BC88-4BF5-B4B4-FE77C4BBAEC6 (resized).jpeg408CD557-BC88-4BF5-B4B4-FE77C4BBAEC6 (resized).jpeg

#4125 6 years ago

Enjoy your premium,I still love my gble after 15 months

#4126 6 years ago

Anyone else get rid of the cat for a vigo image that can share it?

#4127 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

it can be sloppy playing airballs and such but once u get groove its great. i dont use the airball stoppers. the flippers are spaced very wide, big gap. it usually needs adjustment like that hex they told u about, slimmer needs adjustment to register hits, some switches need lock tight on screws, the scolari brothers usually need spring adjustment umm what else needs doing? any other adjustments im leaving out, anybody? but as far as deal breakers? none for me. i fricken love this machine and think it is a masterpiece. buy it.

#4128 6 years ago

I'm moving the dang outlanes down. That is all.

#4129 6 years ago

I know a number of us have been battling the solution to the airballs off the x2 and x3 multiplier targets including my wedges that I designed and made available on Shapeways a while back which had mixed results.

I have been tinkering away in an attempt to improve on those. My thoughts was always that we shouldn't have to design air ball protectors and wedges etc and it must be something about Stern's target design - in that it has changed.

the target design has changed, as it use to have the angle built into the bracket where now it is vertical and that it has lowered - yes gives a cleaner look but effectively drops the rivet down at the ball impact height where it is luck if the ball deflects down or up off the target rivet. Therefore I redesigned the Stern target base mount to have a 5 degree lean forward and with the mounting holes lowered a few millimetres which effectively lifts the target higher which in turn means with the target sits higher and now leans forward 5 degrees. Now the ball hits the lower side of the rivet of the target and since there is a lean forward the target deflects now to roughly the vertical position together keeping the ball down on to the playfield.

I have been playing for about 20 games and really focusing on smashing the multiplier targets as hard as I can, with the overall results being:
- x 3 multiplier - very successful and very very happy - no airballs in 90-100 hits
- x 2 multiplier - successful and very happy - did not have any airballs on direct hits but still had a couple of very small hop airballs - but nothing huge like it use to. So not 100% successful but alot better than standard and the wedges so a 95% improvement. I believe the angle that the x2 multiplier sits contributes to hard to the side hits that do a unusual airball deflect.

if you want to give these a try head to Shapeways on the link below and pick a metal print that suits your taste and give them a play. There is no tapping or drilling to do just bolt in using the same bolts and footprint. I can't control the price as that is deemed by there pricing, sorry. Shapeways will have a free shipping deal for anywhere in the world for Cyber Monday.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks&sort=newest

the design
IMG_3511 (resized).jpgIMG_3511 (resized).jpg

new and Stern bracket side by side
IMG_3532 (resized).JPGIMG_3532 (resized).JPG

new and Stern top view of slot differences
IMG_3533 (resized).jpgIMG_3533 (resized).jpg

the bracket locations - new bracket is the same thickness so fits in the same mounting locations
IMG_3530 (resized).JPGIMG_3530 (resized).JPG

original impact height
IMG_3521 (resized).jpgIMG_3521 (resized).jpg

3x target upgrade installed comparison to the 2x
IMG_3535 (resized).JPGIMG_3535 (resized).JPG

2x & 3x bracket installed and you can see the raised impact height difference now
IMG_3538 (resized).JPGIMG_3538 (resized).JPG

#4130 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I'm moving the dang outlanes down. That is all.

Do it, you wont regret it! I normally wouldn't do that but this game needs a little help to keep the frustration level down a bit. It won't make a huge difference but it's enough to where it helps you enjoy the game more. Also if you have a premium model reverse the rubbers on the slings. Doing those 2 things will make you enjoy the game much much more I promise you.

#4131 6 years ago

One nice change Stern did make is that they now incorporate a splint into the bracket. This helps keep the target from leaning from side to side.

#4132 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do it, you wont regret it! I normally wouldn't do that but this game needs a little help to keep the frustration level down a bit. It won't make a huge difference but it's enough to where it helps you enjoy the game more. Also if you have a premium model reverse the rubbers on the slings. Doing those 2 things will make you enjoy the game much much more I promise you.

Pro here, that's neat about the slings though on the Prem+, saw that mentioned earlier. Also yeah, after the initial honeymoon phase of having it wore off I'm wanting to progress more into the modes but about 80% of my ricocheting balls hit the side of the outlane and drop straight down at a right angle, with no chance to even nudge save. That compared with the droopiness of the flippers leading to very difficult ball control is just making it too frustrating. I don't mind the large gap in the middle on its own, but all of that together is too much.

#4133 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Pro here, that's neat about the slings though on the Prem+, saw that mentioned earlier. Also yeah, after the initial honeymoon phase of having it wore off I'm wanting to progress more into the modes but about 80% of my ricocheting balls hit the side of the outlane and drop straight down at a right angle, with no chance to even nudge save. That compared with the droopiness of the flippers leading to very difficult ball control is just making it too frustrating. I don't mind the large gap in the middle on its own, but all of that together is too much.

Your story skinds exactly like mine pretty much. Move those posts in and it will help a little and your game will be more enjoyable. It won't change it a ton bit every little bit helps with this game. If you make the change report back after playing it a little and let us know how you like it. Just be careful not to tighten the posts down too tight when reinstalling them. I just snuggled mine up a little and didn't get too crazy tightening them to make sure I didn't damage my playfield.

#4134 6 years ago

Consider buying the Pinball Life center post. It only saves about 20 - 30% STDM and it is removable - it does not make this game easy at all. After a long while of playing this game you will get a sense of what shots to avoid and you can remove the center post if you want.

#4135 6 years ago

so did they explain why bill murray's face was changed to look a little off for final translite?

#4136 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

lift up the flippers so that it improves that area

as for the rebound off the rubbers that then send the ball down the outlane is frustrating at time - I do have a possible solution for this - just need time.

#4137 6 years ago

Few left - then they are ALL GONE folks - no more remakes!
Right orbit protector and ramp protector.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protector

pic7 (resized).jpgpic7 (resized).jpg
pic5 - Copy (resized).jpgpic5 - Copy (resized).jpg

#4138 6 years ago

Had people over and had all my games on and GB got played ALOT tonight. GB is fun as hell and I don’t understand why there is so much hate for this game. We had an absolute blast playing it tonight. No way would I get rid of this machine ever. I am so hoping the next code update is great and sends this game over the top!

#4139 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Had people over and had all my games on and GB got played ALOT tonight. GB is fun as hell and I don’t understand why there is so much hate for this game. We had an absolute blast playing it tonight. No way would I get rid of this machine ever. I am so hoping the next code update is great and sends this game over the top!

Agree 100%
Inevitably people that walk into my game room always start with and have to end with GB .
Just one more ! Ok and another beer .

#4140 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My buddy has a GB pro at his house right now, and we have a blast playing it, so I don't get the hate either. I would like to buy a Premium next year if the stars align properly.

Edit: I suppose if you were stuck with playing it on location and had to put quarters into it, I can see how that would really make you frustrated with some of this machine's cruelty, LOL. But at home on free play, it's pretty darn fun. We just laugh when we get psychologically punched in the gut by the machine, and occasionally it gets tilted.

#4141 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Edit: I suppose if you were stuck with playing it on location and had to put quarters into it, I can see how that would really make you frustrated with some of this machine's cruelty, LOL. But at home on free play, it's pretty darn fun. We just laugh when we get psychologically punched in the gut by the machine, and occasionally it gets tilted.

100% agree with this as well.
Dropping coin in this game on location could get expensive quick.

#4142 6 years ago

If you can't take the heat don't make unsafe shots. Or be prepared to spend a lot of money. I have recently been playing more on location games and if there is one that is tough I just get better, play safer, smarter, and be prepared to lose a few quarters. I play it like Vegas. Once I reach my limit I leave. The next time I come back I am that much better.

#4143 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

My buddy has a GB pro at his house right now, and we have a blast playing it, so I don't get the hate either. I would like to buy a Premium next year if the stars align properly.

I do kind of get it I guess, especially a location game like you said. For the people that have it in their house though and make some tweaks to it I don't understand the hate because I have my game set up and it's playing pretty dang good right now. It's brutal at times though for sure. Just like agodfrey said, you have to play safe and smart and make good shots. It makes you a better player for sure.

#4144 6 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

If you can't take the heat don't make unsafe shots. Or be prepared to spend a lot of money. I have recently been playing more on location games and if there is one that is tough I just get better, play safer, smarter, and be prepared to lose a few quarters. I play it like Vegas. Once I reach my limit I leave. The next time I come back I am that much better.

I love my GB, but I have to disagree with the unsafe shots part. The ball can come out of the pops straight down the middle.....

#4145 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wish I could say the same, My GBLE has 226 games on it since last update 17/1/17, Tron, I got on 7/7/17 now has 496 games.
GB has been in two pinball comps as well

Just checked latest arrival Mousin Around arrived 29/9/17 and now has 236 games

#4146 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Wish I could say the same, My GBLE has 226 games on it since last update 17/1/17, Tron, I got on 7/7/17 now has 496 games.
GB has been in two pinball comps as well
Just checked latest arrival Mousin Around arrived 29/9/17 and now has 236 games

Well Tron is an great game for sure so I can see why it gets so much love but I really like GB also personally. Seems like I will lay off of GB for awhile and then play it and really enjoy it and wonder why i wasn’t playing it. Do you have the Premium? If so reverse the sling rubbers if you haven’t already done so, makes the game way more fun. I also moved my outlane posts in and you get a few less ball drains from that, it kinda makes the game seem a little less brutal and that of course equals more fun.

#4147 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well Arron is an great game for sure so I can see why it gets so much love but I really like GB also personally. Seems like I will lay off of GB for awhile and then play it and really enjoy it and wonder why i wasn’t playing it. Do you have the Premium? If so reverse the sling rubbers if you haven’t already done so, makes the game way more fun. I also moved my outlane posts in and you get a few less ball drains from that, it kinda makes the game seem a little less brutal and that of course equals more fun.

Why reverse the sling rubbers?

#4148 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Why reverse the sling rubbers?

Because on the Premium it makes the magna slings more active and it really brings the game to life. It doesn’t make them too active, just more active than they are from the factory. Don’t ask me why it does either because I really don’t even know why, all I know is it is cool as hell lol. Golfing Dad is the one who told me about it and I’m glad that I took his advice and switched mine around. It’s the best mod you can do and it’s totally free!

#4149 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well Arron is an great game for sure so I can see why it gets so much love but I really like GB also personally. Seems like I will lay off of GB for awhile and then play it and really enjoy it and wonder why i wasn’t playing it. Do you have the Premium? If so reverse the sling rubbers if you haven’t already done so, makes the game way more fun. I also moved my outlane posts in and you get a few less ball drains from that, it kinda makes the game seem a little less brutal and that of course equals more fun.

Yes, did the sling rubbers last month and just did a mates today, we both have the LE

#4150 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Because on the Premium it makes the magna slings more active and it really brings the game to life. It doesn’t make them too active, just more active that they are from the factory. Don’t ask me why it does either because I really don’t even know why, all I know is it is cool as hell lol. Golfing Dad is the one who told me about it and I’m glad that I took his advice and switched mine around. It’s the best mod you can do and it’s totally free!

Nice. I will give it a shot! Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

15,699 (OBO)
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/83?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.