IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 249.
#4051 6 years ago

I flipped the sling rubbers and lowered the post on the right ramp and it made a nice difference. If we can get a nice code polish we will be in business.

For those that added a center drain post I want some feedback. Glad you did It? How did you k ow where to drill the hole?

#4052 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I flipped the sling rubbers and lowered the post on the right ramp and it made a nice difference. If we can get a nice code polish we will be in business.
For those that added a center drain post I want some feedback. Glad you did It? How did you k ow where to drill the hole?

They aren't drilling, you can buy a clear acrylic that attaches to the lane guides and the post hangs down from it. Thereby not permanently ruining your playfield

#4053 6 years ago

Received my GB Pro on Tuesday, so far no ghosting or any issues. Manufacturing date is July 19th 2017 yet with an older playfield and the "reinforcment" typo.
Playfield is not stamped with a date.

Plays great and is a lot of fun, except for the known plunger issue where the ball hits the gate and wobbles through the right orbit.
Still trying to fix this issue.

#4054 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Pretty cool Huh? Bring the outlane posts in and you will have a perfect playing game.

#4055 6 years ago

1-1/2 years later, Im still enjoying the crap out of this game!

Always fun and frustrating at the same time!

#4056 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

1-1/2 years later, Im still enjoying the crap out of this game!
Always fun and frustrating at the same time!

It’s a great game. It will also make you a better player because you really have to be on your game if you want to score big

#4057 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Anyone knows something about this?
I find it strange and can't find anything anywher in the net?

also find it strange,. Ive never had it multiplied by the number it says. I actually started to think thats that the amount of times you can hit it,not to multiply the points at all. I play alot,and im SURE its never been multiplied by 12 when it says 12Xwhatever. Its been up at 500m, i hit it thinking id get billions,but only got the 500m .. anybody else know anything??

#4059 6 years ago

Howdy all.. I have a strange problem with my LE. I had a new playfield fitted 5 months ago and put 50 games on it with no issues.
So after not playing it for 2 or so months fired it up and all is well until Slimer (ghost target) is hit. The machine locks up and the sound starts cutting out then the machine resets.
Slimer does not work (swing out) in test. I have disabled Slimer and no resets.
I have checked all the wiring and plugs, all o.k
So.. is this a node board issue?
Has anyone had this happen to thier machine?
Thanks in advance.

#4060 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I think it's a must.
The cap is just to wide otherwise and there are a few possibilities for it to drain right down the middle.
Apart from making the game much more enjoyable its also fun with the middle post.
My Spidi got one to and it adds another "challenge " to the game.
I love mine.
Highly recommend it

#4061 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Fun thing I learned replacing the Library scoop protector, you can widen and narrow the entrance to spinner lane (left orbit). The screw that holds down the metal rail with the blue bumper on it is held by an adjustable brace. Mine was set as narrow as it would go by factory settings, and I have always found that shot pretty hard. Just widened it up and its a much more reasonable shot now. Going to see if I can do the same with the right short ramp tonight.

do you have any pictures of this adjustment?

#4062 6 years ago

How can I make Newton balls more sensitive? Maybe go with lighter balls? Are the dayglo balls better?

#4063 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

How can I make Newton balls more sensitive? Maybe go with lighter balls? Are the dayglo balls better?

direct hits work.

#4064 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Play better.

#4065 6 years ago

Oh man....wtatumjr is a good guy, be nice!!

#4066 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Received my GB Pro on Tuesday, so far no ghosting or any issues. Manufacturing date is July 19th 2017 yet with an older playfield and the "reinforcment" typo.
Plays great and is a lot of fun, except for the known plunger issue where the ball hits the gate and wobbles through the right orbit.

You need this part:
www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-437

#4067 6 years ago

The ball gets stuck many times at the top where switch is. I'll try to adjust that.

#4068 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

The ball gets stuck many times at the top where switch is. I'll try to adjust that.

which captive balls? the library or the book stacking?

Library: there is no purpose to that gate at the top of the curve. I removed mine because it was getting it stuck there a few times. just take it off.

Book Stacking: Make sure everything is put back in the 'right order' on the front most right post of that assembly. Theres 3-4 layers of 'stuff' that is held down by that front right side screw. They need to be layered in proper order or the 'roof' of the captive ball area will be too low, and the ball will get stuck, or never reach the target. I can send a pic of mine if this is your problem.

#4069 6 years ago

Thanks! A big thanks. Book stacking is fine. The library ball gets stuck at the top. I thought it was a switch but I'll remove.

#4070 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Thanks! A big thanks. Book stacking is fine. The library ball gets stuck at the top. I thought it was a switch but I'll remove.

I had that issue which I just fixed. I had the airball protector screwed down too tight near the gate. Loosened it a tiny bit and all is well now.

#4071 6 years ago

I'll look at that as well - I have Art's protector.

#4072 6 years ago

Just a quick question to those more familiar with the pin (and apologies for not reading all the threads):

What is the general consensus on the game in terms of difficulty? I just had my first play of the game (on location) and found it quite evil. I have played pinball for a (too) long time, and while not super-skilled I can definitely hold my own.

In general I found it side-drain happy and that many return shots aimed SDTM.

So, was it me, the game, or its setup...?

#4073 6 years ago
Quoted from Foxis:

Just a quick question to those more familiar with the pin (and apologies for not reading all the threads):
What is the general consensus on the game in terms of difficulty? I just had my first play of the game (on location) and found it quite evil. I have played pinball for a (too) long time, and while not super-skilled I can definitely hold my own.
In general I found it side-drain happy and that many return shots aimed SDTM.
So, was it me, the game, or its setup...?

Return shots SDTM are an issue on the game in general, but can be minimized quite a bit by a good setup. It forces a more controlled style of play than many other stern games, lots of bounce passes, drop catches, etc. otherwise you will drain consistently. Add those two things together and it can be a nasty game. On the flip side, it's a lot of fun when you get one that is setup well and learn to control shots and slow play, and get a feel for the rules.

#4074 6 years ago

Thanks! I had one quick game on location, and I'm sure I will do better in time. Initial impression was just that anyone new to pinball would be absolutely killed by the game. Which may or may not be a good thing depending on who you are....

#4075 6 years ago
Quoted from Foxis:

Thanks! I had one quick game on location, and I'm sure I will do better in time. Initial impression was just that anyone new to pinball would be absolutely killed by the game. Which may or may not be a good thing depending on who you are....

GB will not leave a good impression on players with low skill levels for sure because it is brutal on noobs. It’s a fun game and can get a lot better with some tweaks but unskilled players generally don’t like it after they play it a few times.

#4076 6 years ago

Moving in the outlane posts, installing the slightly longer flippers, and switching out the spacer under the right ramp (premium) for a slightly shorter one worked wonders for me. Most people playing mine are not great players, so these changes made the game more fun. As you get better, you can easily switch it back to stock if you want.

Location players obviously can’t customize the difficulty in this way, so many get really frustrated. Tweaked to your liking, I think it is a great game.

#4077 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Moving in the outlane posts, installing the slightly longer flippers, and switching out the spacer under the right ramp (premium) for a slightly shorter one worked wonders for me. Most people playing mine are not great players, so these changes made the game more fun. As you get better, you can easily switch it back to stock if you want.
Location players obviously can’t customize the difficulty in this way, so many get really frustrated. Tweaked to your liking, I think it is a great game.

I moved the outlane posts in on my game and it made it way better. That is something I’m typically against but on GB it just makes the game feel right IMO.

#4078 6 years ago
Quoted from Foxis:

What is the general consensus on the game in terms of difficulty? I just had my first play of the game (on location) and found it quite evil.

Did you play a pro or a premium? They are both brutal games, but I think the magna slings make the premium/LE even harder.

#4079 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Did you play a pro or a premium? They are both brutal games, but I think the magna slings make the premium/LE even harder.

Funny enough, I struggle more with on location Pros than my in-home LE. I've tried four different locations and all four kick my butt. And I have my LE at the recommended pitch, default outlane post positions, etc. I haven't done anything to make my LE easier. I figured the magna slings made things easier?

#4080 6 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Funny enough, I struggle more with on location Pros than my in-home LE. I've tried four different locations and all four kick my butt. And I have my LE at the recommended pitch, default outlane post positions, etc. I haven't done anything to make my LE easier. I figured the magna slings made things easier?

I agree magna slings make the game less brutal.. but also add that expletive inducing once in a while random spin SDTM thing...

#4081 6 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Quoted from knockerlover:

I agree magna slings make the game less brutal.. but also add that expletive inducing once in a while random spin SDTM thing...

Interesting. I don't have a lot of time on a pro. I just assumed the magna slings would make the game harder, since they don't act at all like normal slings. On a pro, you at least know what the ball is going to do when it's headed towards a sling.

#4082 6 years ago

I'm not a great player, but our GB has been fun while improving my skills 100%.

Hang out on Pinside and you'll read complaints on new games for lack of original art, innovation, toys, copy paste layouts, no licensed music or real actor callouts.

Ahem.

Pinball tastes are always subjective.
I just wonder how much time people have really spent with the game.

#4083 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I'm not a great player, but our GB has been fun while improving my skills 100%.
Hang out on Pinside and you'll read complaints on new games for lack of original art, innovation, toys, copy paste layouts, no licensed music or real actor callouts.
Ahem.
Pinball tastes are always subjective.
I just wonder how much time people have really spent with the game.

I spend all day with mine
It sits right behind my work office chair

#4084 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

I have this same issue with my plunger where the ball hits the gate and wobbles through the right orbit rather than going at full speed.....anyone know of a fix for that? It's done it since I had it NIB and I just assumed it did that on purpose to slow it down.

#4085 6 years ago

Mine also does this, but tweaking the level and pitch has made it much better.

#4086 6 years ago

Haven't visited this thread in sometime. Any word on possible code update or still nothing?

#4087 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haven't visited this thread in sometime. Any word on possible code update or still nothing?

After SW is finished

#4088 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

After SW is finished

wow so there actually is another update in the works?

#4089 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Interesting. I don't have a lot of time on a pro. I just assumed the magna slings would make the game harder, since they don't act at all like normal slings. On a pro, you at least know what the ball is going to do when it's headed towards a sling.

The normal slings are much more aggressive than the magnets and lead to the ball getting out of control much more often. A very bad thing on this game..

#4090 6 years ago

That’s the plan, as per the “Stern of the Union” aka (hint, hint) the “State of the Stern.” Not sure when Star Wars will be considered finished, though...1.0?

#4091 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wow so there actually is another update in the works?

Yeah it was mentioned in the stern of the union address. They called out a few games they plan updates for.

#4092 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I have this same issue with my plunger where the ball hits the gate and wobbles through the right orbit rather than going at full speed.....anyone know of a fix for that? It's done it since I had it NIB and I just assumed it did that on purpose to slow it down.

Quoted from Spelunk71:

Remove the Mylar strip on the playfield in front off that gate. No Kidding 100% your problem

I struggled with this for Months. I even removed the gate all together until I heard about this fix . Gauranteed.

#4093 6 years ago

The Mylar causes the ball to jump just enough to continually rattle through THAT gate .

#4094 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Remove the Mylar strip on the playfield in front off that gate. No Kidding 100% your problem
I struggled with this for Months. I even removed the gate all together until I heard about this fix . Gauranteed.

Yeah I was about to say I'm perfectly level and sitting at around 6.9 pitch so I wasn't sure that was the cause. So another piece of mylar up there then? I already took the one off on the right orbit, didn't realize there was another one. Surprised something like that wasn't caught in QC while building these!

#4095 6 years ago

‘I struggle more with on location Pros’

Surprised to hear that given less steep plastic ramp, predictable slingshots and less rejects on right ramp. Left ramp is also back-handball at will for easy 30 super loops in a row. Go figure!

#4096 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Yeah I was about to say I'm perfectly level and sitting at around 6.9 pitch so I wasn't sure that was the cause. So another piece of mylar up there then? I already took the one off on the right orbit, didn't realize there was another one. Surprised something like that wasn't caught in QC while building these!

You may have removed the one I am speaking of already. Not sure , but double check back there

#4097 6 years ago

Golfing dad is right, removing the mylar will 100% fix your problem abagwell.

#4098 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Stern "officially" said that there's going to be an update but when this will be only Gozer knows.
Shouldn't be too far off though as they just released the Batmann 66 code and since I've red somewhere that Stern said they are going to do some code cleanups after SW has been done and BM66 has just been done and I can't think of another game that needs it more than GB I assume it's going to be soon.

#4099 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Stern "officially" said that there's going to be an update but when this will be only Gozer knows.
Shouldn't be too far off though as they just released the Batmann 66 code and since I've red somewhere that Stern said they are going to do some code cleanups after SW has been done and BM66 has just been done and I can't think of another game that needs it more than GB I assume it's going to be soon.

Sorry guys
Page didn't update properly
Thought someone would have responded to this already.

#4100 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I have this same issue with my plunger where the ball hits the gate and wobbles through the right orbit rather than going at full speed.....anyone know of a fix for that?

Quoted from Spelunk71:

Quoted from golfingdad1:

I don't see how removing the mylar would have any effect on a ball coming from the shooter lane. The mylar fix is for fast moving balls coming around the right orbit. For balls hitting the gate when exiting the shooter lane, the solution is a lower tension spring for the manual plunger, and a higher tension spring for the auto-plunger. Some people have also bent their gates a little bit to make more room for the ball. A third option would be a piece of plastic over that area to keep the ball low as it's coming around that turn.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MD
15,999 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/82?hl=foxis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.