IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 250.
#4001 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Fun thing I learned replacing the Library scoop protector, you can widen and narrow the entrance to spinner lane (left orbit). The screw that holds down the metal rail with the blue bumper on it is held by an adjustable brace. Mine was set as narrow as it would go by factory settings, and I have always found that shot pretty hard. Just widened it up and its a much more reasonable shot now. Going to see if I can do the same with the right short ramp tonight.

Do you mean the 2x multiplier Button? But if you move that to the right to widen the Spinner Orbit the gap for the left Ramp would be more narrow, is that correct?

#4002 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Do you mean the 2x multiplier Button? But if you move that to the right to widen the Spinner Orbit the gap for the left Ramp would be more narrow, is that correct?

Pretty sure he means the other side. The left guide has a blue rubber thingie at the end right by the scoop. If you look up under the plastic, you can see the adjustable part.
Mine seems to already be all the way open, as the blue part is against the scoop already.

#4003 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Pretty sure he means the other side. The left guide has a blue rubber thingie at the end right by the scoop. If you look up under the plastic, you can see the adjustable part.
Mine seems to already be all the way open, as the blue part is against the scoop already.

And how do you adjust it, from below the playfield?

#4004 6 years ago

Check out mods page on pinside for ordering a right orbit protector. It works with Stay Puft Mezel mod.

Added over 6 years ago: Few protectors left. Ramp and right orbit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-air-ball-protector-right-gate-orbit-prote

Added over 6 years ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protector

#4005 6 years ago

I had a great game today had a multiball and PKE going.
It was all a bit crazy but I saw that the PKE multiplier was at 12x and 275 Mil
I hit the right ramp but it didn't give me the points I expected ?
Do I miss something?

#4006 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Everyone asking for non-linear ladders, you get that that would seriously destroy any chance this game has of being balanced in multiplayer right?

I thought the whole point of tournament mode was to de-randomize stuff like that during multiplayer games.

#4007 6 years ago

Anyone have any ideas on what the new code will address? Different video modes? Wizzard mode?

#4008 6 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Anyone have any ideas on what the new code will address? Different video modes? Wizzard mode?

my wishlist would be:

- allow features like video mode and tobins to function while a mode is running. (why don't they? were some of these modes originally going to be multiball modes?)
- rebalance video mode so that it isn't the best option for tournament games against average players. maybe make it worth 20 million times the number of modes you've completed, or make it 35 million and a random award instead of the full 60 million right from the first plunge. in my experience, 75% of players do not score over 100 million in the whole game. that means two video mode skill shots and literally nothing else wins most matches. it's dumb and not fun after a while.
- make "We Came We Saw" worth a lot more points. it's barely worth playing.
- implement the damn "are you a god" mode listed on the card.
- make the librarian insert and the red flashers in the outlanes actually do something.
- give a NOTICEABLE warning when flippers are about to swap during Mass Hysteria. A distinctive audio clip should play a second or two before the swap. it's frustrating to lose a ball because the flippers swapped with no warning. losing a ball because of swapped flippers should feel like a player error, not a random annoying punishment.
- make stay puft mode worth slightly fewer points. maybe 40 million base per shot instead of 50. it dwarfs every other primary mode by a mile. PKE frenzy can get up there too, but you can get to PKE from any ladder. Stay Puft is so lucrative that it doesn't make sense to go for the other two ladders, and it kinda makes all the other modes you play before and after it irrelevant.

#4009 6 years ago

Anyone think something like this could work? It wouldn't be as easy as Viking IMO, but it might give the player a chance to make a save. My GB plays absolutely brutal as is. A one way gate (My picture is the wire only )that still allowed the ball to roll smoothly down the inlanes. Maybe a large, more squishy rubber on the outlane post. Mine has the green ball hop plastics that would cover the top of the gate and the wire rail.

If this has been mention in the past please disregard too. Haven't kept up with this whole thread.
viking2 (resized).jpgviking2 (resized).jpgGB with Viking outlane return (resized).jpgGB with Viking outlane return (resized).jpg

#4010 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Anyone think something like this could work? It wouldn't be as easy as Viking IMO, but it might give the player a chance to make a save. My GB plays absolutely brutal as is. A one way gate (My picture is the wire only )that still allowed the ball to roll smoothly down the inlanes. Maybe a large, more squishy rubber on the outlane post. Mine has the green ball hop plastics that would cover the top of the gate and the wire rail.
If this has been mention in the past please disregard too. Haven't kept up with this whole thread.

haha. i'm not gonna be the first to try that mod, but i'll be the second if it works!

#4011 6 years ago

Sorry guys but another question.

When I colected 20 Ghosts Tobins Spirit Guide should be lit right away no?

It doesn't for me.

It "seems" that, at least so far, it does for player two. ??

Is this a bug or do you need to hit a shot to actually activate it?

Wouldn't seem right though as player two seems to get it right away.

I thinks it reacts the same with negative reinforcement.

#4012 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Sorry guys but another question.
When I colected 20 Ghosts Tobins Spirit Guide should be lit right away no?
It doesn't for me.
It "seems" that, at least so far, it does for player two. ??
Is this a bug or do you need to hit a shot to actually activate it?
Wouldn't seem right though as player two seems to get it right away.
I thinks it reacts the same with negative reinforcement.

it doesn't light if you have a mode running. once the mode expires, tobins will light up. same thing with the video mode. neither will actually light if a mode is running.

#4013 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it doesn't light if you have a mode running. once the mode expires, tobins will light up. same thing with the video mode. neither will actually light if a mode is running.

Thanks! Thought it's broken

Do you know about the PKE jackpot in the other post I posted? (only a few posts up)

PS like your pic

#4014 6 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

No idear just hope it's comming soon and it will be a good one not just fixing bugs.

#4015 6 years ago

When I do the tests on the Scoleri brothers they both pop up and down repeatedly. I do not think that is correct and I am guessing the lip/ledge they rest on is broken.

Questions:
1) Should they pop up and down repeatedly (like a machine gun) during the test?
2) Where is the lip/ledge located so I can try to see if mine have broken off?

IMG_1402 (resized).JPGIMG_1402 (resized).JPG

IMG_1404 (resized).JPGIMG_1404 (resized).JPG

#4016 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

When I do the tests on the Scoleri brothers they both pop up and down repeatedly. I do not think that is correct and I am guessing the lip/ledge they rest on is broken.
Questions:
1) Should they pop up and down repeatedly (like a machine gun) during the test?
2) Where is the lip/ledge located so I can try to see if mine have broken off?

I just tested them in the coil menu.
One test is for up and one for down
Same for the right drop target.
So no they don't go up and down unless there is another test menu?

I don't know where the lip ledge is your talking about but it seems strange that they both react the same. That would suggest both broke which would be rather coincidence.
Did you check them in the coil menu?

#4017 6 years ago

Did I mention that I love this game?

#4018 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Did I mention that I love this game?

Only like 20 times.

#4019 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

And how do you adjust it, from below the playfield?

You have to remove the Library plastic that covers the captive balls. Then you will see a flat head screw that is holding down the metal lane guide. (left side of the spinner lane). If you loosen it, you can adjust the lane left and right about 1/4", then tighten it back down when it's where you want it. I don't believe you need to deal with the underside of the playfield at all.

as a side note, someone tell STERN to stop using flat head screws on things. all of mine were over torqued and a pain in the ass to loosen. I have half a mind to replace them all with phillips heads next time I shop the machine.

#4020 6 years ago

So two days ago I finished putting the playfield back together from replacing all the rubbers. When I did Slimer was no longer registering when hit from the front, only the back.

I have twice taken the mechanism apart, and followed the manuals diagram to put it back, and seems that the black plastic ‘spacer’ with the half bowl shape is always pushing the cable too far forward making it impossible for the cable to reach the contact plate.

As the circuit board, contact plate, and spacer are all aligned by the same screw hole, it’s impossible to move it back further....

What the hell? What am I missing here?

3FE886DE-61CB-4715-9151-7D1810494201 (resized).jpeg3FE886DE-61CB-4715-9151-7D1810494201 (resized).jpeg

#4021 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

So two days ago I finished putting the playfield back together from replacing all the rubbers. When I did Slimer was no longer registering when hit from the front, only the back.
I have twice taken the mechanism apart, and followed the manuals diagram to put it back, and seems that the black plastic ‘spacer’ with the half bowl shape is always pushing the cable too far forward making it impossible for the cable to reach the contact plate.
As the circuit board, contact plate, and spacer are all aligned by the same screw hole, it’s impossible to move it back further....
What the hell? What am I missing here?

Contact your distributor to receive the updated slimer mechanism. It works in a different way with different parts.

#4022 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Contact your distributor to receive the updated slimer mechanism. It works in a different way with different parts.

(grumble) That's frustrating. Alright I'll see what I can dig up. thanks.

#4023 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Yes the first have an open circuit and register when contact is made. Later, enhanced, ones are closed and register the shot when the contact opens. Much easier to setup. I have the new one, no problems since.

#4024 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I just tested them in the coil menu.
One test is for up and one for down
Same for the right drop target.
So no they don't go up and down unless there is another test menu?
I don't know where the lip ledge is your talking about but it seems strange that they both react the same. That would suggest both broke which would be rather coincidence.
Did you check them in the coil menu?

Both up mine pop up and down in the coil and GB diag tests. They won’t stay up.

#4025 6 years ago

I cleaned and waxed my game up yesterday and it is playing smooth as butter! Reversing those sling rubbers and closing up the outlanes a little made this game fantastic. I feel like I have a brand new game now and I am loving it!

#4026 6 years ago

I know what you mean,Who-Dey,I shortened the standoff on the right ramp,and now can hit it every time! Before,it was 1 in 5 tries! Better!!

#4027 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I know what you mean,Who-Dey,I shortened the standoff on the right ramp,and now can hit it every time! Before,it was 1 in 5 tries! Better!!

That is something I am probably going to do also. I did put a little wax on it and the ball seems to go up there a little easier but still a tough shot.

#4028 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Here's a problem... how the hell do I remove (or just slightly raise) this metal rail, guide, thing. I'm trying to replace my scoop rim protector, but this piece is basically flush with the playfield.
I got the old one out by bending it. Because it was already bent. Which is why I'm replacing it.
Doesn't seem to be held in by screws... just spikes that go down into the playfield?

What tool did you use to remove the two black screws holding the protector down?

#4029 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That is something I am probably going to do also. I did put a little wax on it and the ball seems to go up there a little easier but still a tough shot.

Are you talking about the right ramp?
I left mine alone. Since it is a rewarding shot (PKE) it almost takes the fun out of it if it becomes to easy. I love the shot the way it is makes me feel a bit like when you make the hole in one shot in NGG.

#4030 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Both up mine pop up and down in the coil and GB diag tests. They won’t stay up.
» YouTube video

No mine definitely don't do that.
Seems si wired that they both do it though. Maybe both did brake at the same time? Murphy's law

Find it ard to believe still.
Im not a techy so can't really help you there

I hate when they brake $$$

Maybe someone else here knows more about it?

#4031 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Are you talking about the right ramp?
I left mine alone. Since it is a rewarding shot (PKE) it almost takes the fun out of it if it becomes to easy. I love the shot the way it is makes me feel a bit like when you make the hole in one shot in NGG.

Yes the right ramp. I can see it both ways. Sometimes it seems like I can nail it with no problems and sometimes it's a real pain.

#4032 6 years ago

I've been playing GB Pre now for a couple of weeks and have noticed a few things of which I'm not sure if it's my machine or if they are bugs.
The guy who sold it to me had a light board failure and had a new board put in. (from a Pro)

1st Sometimes when I shoot the slimer it goes back into it's "up" position. The modes should start blinking but they don't.
If I then shoot the i.e. Who Got The Dog the mode actually starts.

2nd Sometimes when I start a mode the large Arrow inserts (the ones showing you which shots you have to make) don't light up properly. Once I make a shot they come on.

I'd like to know as the Pin still has got warranty til February.

Bit worried that it had problems with the light board before that this could get worse.
Hooe it's only bugs.

Thanks for any help

#4033 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I had a great game today had a multiball and PKE going.
It was all a bit crazy but I saw that the PKE multiplier was at 12x and 275 Mil
I hit the right ramp but it didn't give me the points I expected ?
Do I miss something?

To come back to this again.
I took the glass of and tested the PKE shot whilst lit.
It definitely only gives me the jackpot value indicated on the right hand side of the multiplier.

I'm sure I played it on location and there the multipliers were added to the jackpot value.
i.e. 10x 50Mil = 500Mil

Bug or my Pin? :/

#4034 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I've been playing GB Pre now for a couple of weeks and have noticed a few things of which I'm not sure if it's my machine or if they are bugs.
The guy who sold it to me had a light board failure and had a new board put in. (from a Pro)
1st Sometimes when I shoot the slimer it goes back into it's "up" position. The modes should start blinking but they don't.
2nd Sometimes when I start a mode the large Arrow inserts (the ones showing you which shots you have to make) don't light up properly. Once I make a shot they come on.
I'd like to know as the Pin still has got warranty til February.
Bit worried that it had problems with the light board before that this could get worse.
Hooe it's only bugs.
Thanks for any help

I know on my game that the mode lights don’t always blink after slimmer goes up but I’m pretty sure that once I start a mode that the arrows that you are supposed to shoot at always light up?

#4035 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Thanks for any help

In this scenario, Slimer would actually be showing up as a 'hologram' in the ecto goggles display, and shooting it up that orbit hits Slimer, and simultaneously starts the mode up the orbit (in this case Ok Who Brought the Dog)

#4036 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know on my game that the mode lights don’t always blink after slimmer goes up but I’m pretty sure that once I start a mode that the arrows that you are supposed to shoot at always light up?

Yeah they do flicker but only very faint.
I also had this happen when the super Jackpot arrow should lite up red. It lights up but very faint and not red but a dim white only.
Same with the mode lights only dim white and very faint.

Anybody else noticed this?

#4037 6 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

In this scenario, Slimer would actually be showing up as a 'hologram' in the ecto goggles display, and shooting it up that orbit hits Slimer, and simultaneously starts the mode up the orbit (in this case Ok Who Brought the Dog)

I haven't checked on that but will, thanks.
Doesn't make sence though no?
Since it should give me the choice of all three lanes. ?
At least someone else has this happened. So at least I can say it's not only my game.

PS Did I mention that GB is a fantastic game?

#4038 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I haven't checked on that but will, thanks.
Doesn't make sence though no?
Since it should give me the choice of all three lanes. ?
At least someone else has this happened. So at least I can say it's not only my game.
PS Did I mention that GB is a fantastic game?

One of the designs of the game is that you can use the same shot to both finish and start a mode. So for instance in the "Ok Who Brought the Dog" mode, if you shoot the left orbit and left ramp first and then shoot the right orbit last, it will complete the mode and start the next mode (Spook central). Similarly, if you finish the "Ok Who Brought the Dog" mode by shooting the left ramp, the "We Got One" mode will start. You will only get the choice of lanes / modes if the last shot of a mode doesn't start another.

So based on that philosophy, finishing Slimer by shooting the right orbit if he's hiding there starts the "Ok Who Brought the Dog" mode.

#4040 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

^^^. This guy gets it.

But in all the other scenarios, you have a choice. With Slimer, you are forced to start WBTD whether you want to or not. I still maintain that the game would be better if this was changed.

#4041 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

But in all the other scenarios, you have a choice. With Slimer, you are forced to start WBTD whether you want to or not. I still maintain that the game would be better if this was changed.

I thought he was in the goggles the whole time? Shoot googles first, then slimer.

#4042 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought he was in the goggles the whole time? Shoot googles first, then slimer.

Hmm. Now you have me second guessing myself. I could have sworn he only appears in the goggles for the final hit.

#4043 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Hmm. Now you have me second guessing myself. I could have sworn he only appears in the goggles for the final hit.

I’m not sure either as I don’t have one. Do a glass off test! Cause it’s random for when slimer is in the goggles. Might have to try it a few times.

#4044 6 years ago

Goggles Slimer is only available as the last shot.

#4045 6 years ago

Yep, but he doesn’t show up there every time for his last hit, it seems random whether he goes to the goggles or stays moving for his last hit

#4046 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Goggles Slimer is only available as the last shot.

Quoted from Zzap:

Yep, but he doesn’t show up there every time for his last hit, it seems random whether he goes to the goggles or stays moving for his last hit.

Thanks! That's how I thought it works. So when slimer does randomly show up as the last required shot in the goggles, you have no choice but to start WBTD. I don't think even Keith Elwin could consistently hit just the hologram without triggering the orbit switch as well.

#4047 6 years ago

Fwiw, gb added to pinball arcade

#4048 6 years ago

Selling my GB LE one owner. Price below the market and in very nice condition. Need to make room, temporarily moving out of state. Price is firm.

#4049 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

To come back to this again.
I took the glass of and tested the PKE shot whilst lit.
It definitely only gives me the jackpot value indicated on the right hand side of the multiplier.
I'm sure I played it on location and there the multipliers were added to the jackpot value.
i.e. 10x 50Mil = 500Mil
Bug or my Pin? :/

Anyone knows something about this?

I find it strange and can't find anything anywher in the net?

#4050 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Selling my GB LE one owner. Price below the market and in very nice condition. Need to make room, temporarily moving out of state. Price is firm.

Featured
Machine - For Sale
Ghostbusters LE-$6950-Low plays-One OwnerHUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Purchased brand new, it's been in my climate controlled basement since being removed from the box. Mine is one of the few that has the original play field without any ghosting issu...”
10 days ago Rockford, MN 6,950 (Firm)
sparechange1974

Wow, this is an amazing price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.95
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 103.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.