B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 250.
#3951 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The songs on AS don’t annoy me at all, but every time I hear who brought the dog it makes me want to jump off of a cliff or something.

“I’m going to bring this up at the next tenant’s meeting. There’s not supposed to be any pets in the building!”

Lol.

On a side-note ... eight hours by myself (minus Taco Bell break, of course) and new replacement lower cabinet is put together. Interesting to note ... this new cab shipped with a “green” spring installed (verses “orange” that came with my original a year ago) as well as no overlapped decals (again, which mine did before) and NO corner braces (which are now installed and cab bullet-proofed).

Thanks Trent and Stern for the new cab. Ghost-splitters is repaired. My back is mad at me today but ... it looks great.

Chris

E2DB98D3-D00D-4B97-82EA-EB22983DF0DA (resized).jpegE2DB98D3-D00D-4B97-82EA-EB22983DF0DA (resized).jpeg

A0E3BCA8-BF07-43A6-812F-AFF4686B5C32 (resized).jpegA0E3BCA8-BF07-43A6-812F-AFF4686B5C32 (resized).jpeg

B123E41C-F451-4EBF-BBD7-48E023B3CB5A (resized).jpegB123E41C-F451-4EBF-BBD7-48E023B3CB5A (resized).jpeg

#3952 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Why do people call GB linear?

linear means you have to play the modes (in each ladder) in the same order every time. you can choose which ladder you play, but you cannot choose which mode you want to play in that ladder. Same order every time. I doubt this changes. They go in order of the events of the movie, which makes perfect sense. Makes no sense to randomize them.

#3953 6 years ago

Ghostbusters and AC/DC are the best pinball machines ever made...period!

#3954 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The songs on AS don’t annoy me at all, but every time I hear who brought the dog it makes me want to jump off of a cliff or something.

Agree Who brought the dog is "pointy"
I wouldn't go as far as to say the songs anoy me but after, as in my case, just playing that pin the same night, I almost wanted to ask him please turn the music sound down

#3955 6 years ago

Can any fellow GB owners tell me if this is normal? ... I noticed that in multiplayer games after you drain the ball and it goes through adding up all the bonuses but it seems to then quickly skip the screen that would give you your final score total and just go to the next player. Almost as if you were holding down the flipper to speed through it (i know you can do that on SW, not sure if GB even does that)

Wasn't sure if this was a setting or a glitch. I did a factory restore but it seems to be that way from default.

I am running v. 1.13
Thanks for any help!

#3956 6 years ago

Not a glitch. When it goes to the next player just wait a couple seconds and it will shows all the scores for every player. Every few seconds it switches from the skill shot screen to showing the current scores.

#3957 6 years ago

Man I love this game and I hate it. I'm not a terrible player with most games but with GB Prem, I can't advance ladders to save my life it seems. Making the subway ramp or left orbit 6 times out of 10 hits the multiplier targets which is high drain risk, the ghost target is a guaranteed drain most of the time as well. I've adjusted the flippers up a bit and it's helped for some backhand shots and ball control but I still can't consistently post pass (seems to be a stern thing as on B/W it's a non issue). I guess I need to get better is all, but I always seem to drain when trying to get to the third mode on any ladder - 2 modes max for me. If the scoring was more balanced I'd at least feel like I had a decent game, but that would only last so long as I want to see the end modes and no way in hell am I going to add bigger flippers! I see people posting huge scores 300 Mil + and I have no idea how they are doing it. Maybe they are masters of the nudge...

#3958 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I see people posting huge scores 300 Mil + and I have no idea how they are doing it. Maybe they are masters of the nudge...

Nudging is key on any game.

Always do the multipliers skill shot. Set up a mode/multiball, and start the multipliers while playing those. Your scores will be much higher on average if you do this.

#3959 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not a glitch. When it goes to the next player just wait a couple seconds and it will shows all the scores for every player. Every few seconds it switches from the skill shot screen to showing the current scores.

great --- thank you for the confirmation.

#3960 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Man I love this game and I hate it. I'm not a terrible player with most games but with GB Prem, I can't advance ladders to save my life it seems. Making the subway ramp or left orbit 6 times out of 10 hits the multiplier targets which is high drain risk, the ghost target is a guaranteed drain most of the time as well. I've adjusted the flippers up a bit and it's helped for some backhand shots and ball control but I still can't consistently post pass (seems to be a stern thing as on B/W it's a non issue). I guess I need to get better is all, but I always seem to drain when trying to get to the third mode on any ladder - 2 modes max for me. If the scoring was more balanced I'd at least feel like I had a decent game, but that would only last so long as I want to see the end modes and no way in hell am I going to add bigger flippers! I see people posting huge scores 300 Mil + and I have no idea how they are doing it. Maybe they are masters of the nudge...

The modes are not necessarily the key for high scores. Try to activate and collect the ghosts and use the playfield multipliers in the storage facility MB and/or PKE.

#3961 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice so far guys, just been frustrated as of late - This game has an amazing theme, art, sound, but lately the gameplay is just upsetting. I'll try to focus on the captive balls, getting the SFMB and then multipliers. Nothing is going to help seeing the advanced modes on my end unless I get better though.

#3962 6 years ago

I will say this much though....after playing Ghostbusters a lot...most other pinballs are pretty easy. I have no problem with the post pass on GB.

#3963 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I will say this much though....after playing Ghostbusters a lot...most other pinballs are pretty easy. I have no problem with the post pass on GB.

Agree 100%. It has made me a much better player.

#3964 6 years ago

Just a friendly reminder you can double flip and cancel the WBTD? callout. Have to do it at just the right time, though, so I tend to double flip a lot at the start of the mode to make sure it skips.

#3965 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Don’t feel bad, a lot of people get frustrated with this game. I love this pin but I understand people’s frustrations with it as well. I have friends come over and they always fall in love with the game until they play it and see how brutal it is and now they don’t even want to play it when they come over. I have made two changes this week that has gave me new love for Ghostbusters and renewed my excitement for this game.

I reversed the rubbers on the slings to make the magna slings more active and I moved the outlane post in to close up the gap on the outlines a little. These two changes made a drastic difference in this game. First off let me just put it out there that I am against changing a game from the way it comes out of the factory, but I feel like this game needed to be more fun, especially for people who aren’t that good at pinball that come over to my house and play. I won’t go as far as adding longer flippers or putting a center post in (even though I think it should have been designed with one) but I am glad that I moved the outlane posts in.

Also I know before anyone says it, “play better”. I don’t mind doing these adjustments to GB because I don’t view it as a competive pin anyway like TWD or GOT etc, it’s more of a fun pin to me and it needs to be more fun because it can be frustrating for sure. Closing up the outlines really isn’t a huge difference but it’s enough of a difference that it makes the game more fun. I may change it back someday but honestly I doubt that I will because I’m already enjoying the game more since I’ve done this. It’s kind of a pain to get to the post on the right side but nothing you can’t do as long as you have a few tools and a little bit of mechanical ability. I hope this helps.

#3966 6 years ago

After playing another game on location tonight and finding another machine that spits the ball SDTM from the left scoop I've pretty much had it with this game in terms of playing it on location. It's extremely common and you can't rely on lazy operators to dial it in properly. Has there been any talk of adding a timed ball saver to this scoop as there is on the right?
Funnily enough I never lose a ball from the right saucer even though that's the one with the ball save.

#3967 6 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

After playing another game on location tonight and finding another machine that spits the ball SDTM from the left scoop I've pretty much had it with this game in terms of playing it on location. It's extremely common and you can't rely on lazy operators to dial it in properly. Has there been any talk of adding a timed ball saver to this scoop as there is on the right?
Funnily enough I never lose a ball from the right saucer even though that's the one with the ball save.

agreed. the game seriously needs a save timer from the left scoop. Hope that its in the next software update.

#3968 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

What do you prefer?
Listening to who brought the dog which takes about a second or to rats in the cellar over and over again since that "is" the mode you should start with AS?
Ok if it's not Rats then it is sweat emotions.
You can choose three different modes in GB.
Yeah you can choose 7 in AS but then again not really can you if you want to get somewhere "fast"
I much prefer GB to having to listen to AS all night long.
I've played AS at my friends place and since it's his only pin at the moment, after 1hour I pretty much heard it.
Why do people call GB linear?
Has anyone played Pinball Magic?

I didn't say it was too linear, and the callouts don't bother me at all. I just think it'd be a neat change of pace if the game rotated the modes somewhat, so that even on a short game (there's a lot of those on GB), you might get to play one of the later modes. I do think that the modes make sense in their ladders though and you really couldn't add the "final modes" on each ladder into that random pool so there really isn't much that could be randomized. The earlier poster made a good point too that the modes are pretty much in sequence already so there wouldn't be any way to correctly randomize them without throwing off the themed progression. I retract my wish!
Just give me my "Ball X Locked" message on the DMD on the Pro and I'll be happy!

#3969 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

The modes are not necessarily the key for high scores. Try to activate and collect the ghosts and use the playfield multipliers in the storage facility MB and/or PKE.

Going after ghosts seems to result in my best scores. Not sure why. That PKE shot is tough!

#3970 6 years ago

TRIPLE SUPER JACKPOT!!!!

#3971 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Agree 100%. It has made me a much better player.

ditto, all my pins seem easy after GB. It's just so damn fast..

#3972 6 years ago

I just pick my Pre up and played one game on it.

I AM IN LOVE!

The guy seems to have read this whole thread since he put in place everything that you guys have suggested.

He also put in a subwoofer wich just brings the alrady good sound to a whole new level.

Can't wait to get into it!

#3973 6 years ago

I can't imagine how much better GB will be with ColorDMD. Looks dated sandwiched between SMVE and TSPP, both with colored displays.

#3974 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I can't imagine how much better GB will be with ColorDMD. Looks dated sandwiched between SMVE and TSPP, both with colored displays.

The answer is NONE better, once you start actually playing it.

Downvote away!

#3975 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Would be a real nice addition I would think

#3976 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

The answer is NONE better, once you start actually playing it.
Downvote away!

Hahaha. I respect people who like Color displays but personally don't see the value (I just got MMr and didn't spring for the chip on that either). But I do suspect I'll bite one day when economics change. If my non color DMD on a game died I'm probably going to have a decision to make.

#3977 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don’t feel bad, a lot of people get frustrated with this game. I love this pin but I understand people’s frustrations with it as well. I have friends come over and they always fall in love with the game until they play it and see how brutal it is and now they don’t even want to play it when they come over. I have made two changes this week that has gave me new love for Ghostbusters and renewed my excitement for this game.
I reversed the rubbers on the slings to make the magna slings more active and I moved the outlane post in to close up the gap on the outlines a little. These two changes made a drastic difference in this game. First off let me just put it out there that I am against changing a game from the way it comes out of the factory, but I feel like this game needed to be more fun, especially for people who aren’t that good at pinball that come over to my house and play. I won’t go as far as adding longer flippers or putting a center post in (even though I think it should have been designed with one) but I am glad that I moved the outlane posts in.
Also I know before anyone says it, “play better”. I don’t mind doing these adjustments to GB because I don’t view it as a competive pin anyway like TWD or GOT etc, it’s more of a fun pin to me and it needs to be more fun because it can be frustrating for sure. Closing up the outlines really isn’t a huge difference but it’s enough of a difference that it makes the game more fun. I may change it back someday but honestly I doubt that I will because I’m already enjoying the game more since I’ve done this. It’s kind of a pain to get to the post on the right side but nothing you can’t do as long as you have a few tools and a little bit of mechanical ability. I hope this helps.

can you shoot a pic of the slings

#3978 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

can you shoot a pic of the slings

This is the photo that golfing dad took, but this is how they should be once you reverse them.

612642A7-7664-464C-BC1A-443BF2FD36BA (resized).jpeg612642A7-7664-464C-BC1A-443BF2FD36BA (resized).jpeg

#3979 6 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Going after ghosts seems to result in my best scores. Not sure why. That PKE shot is tough!

It always seems to be much easier after I wax that ramp (on the pro).

#3980 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is the photo that golfing dad took, but this is how they should be once you reverse them.

I finally did this "mod" today and HOLY MOLY what a difference! I wish I would've done this on day one. It should be like this from the factory. This one little change absolutely makes the magna slings way more active. A must do on any premium/LE imo.

#3981 6 years ago

Here's a problem... how the hell do I remove (or just slightly raise) this metal rail, guide, thing. I'm trying to replace my scoop rim protector, but this piece is basically flush with the playfield.

I got the old one out by bending it. Because it was already bent. Which is why I'm replacing it.

Doesn't seem to be held in by screws... just spikes that go down into the playfield?

IMG_6547 (resized).JPGIMG_6547 (resized).JPG

IMG_6548 (resized).JPGIMG_6548 (resized).JPG

#3982 6 years ago

Follow those under the playfield. There should be a nut on the other end that you can take off.

#3983 6 years ago

Got em' thanks

#3984 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I finally did this "mod" today and HOLY MOLY what a difference! I wish I would've done this on day one. It should be like this from the factory. This one little change absolutely makes the magna slings way more active. A must do on any premium/LE imo.

I feel the same way. It makes the game far more fun.

#3985 6 years ago

I think I read this somewhere before but can't find it anymore.
Sometimes the red insert in the right outlane flashes.
Can't seem to figure out why?
At first I thought/hoped it was a ball save indicator
Does anybody know what it is for?

#3986 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I thought the same thing but it’s not obviously lol. I don’t know what it is for.

#3987 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I thought the same thing but it’s not obviously lol. I don’t know what it is for.

Have you ever seen the left one come on?

#3988 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Nothing. Just flashers. That's it.

#3989 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Glad my tip helped you out.
It's really a Huge difference!

#3990 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

cool thx. Wonder why it makes it more active i.e. the magna slings

#3991 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

cool thx. Wonder why it makes it more active i.e. the magna slings

the rubber is more centered on the ball as opposed to putting a top spin on it

#3992 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

the rubber is more centered on the ball as opposed to putting a top spin on it

By moving the rubber lower, it also closes the switch gap a bit more.

#3993 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's the kick-out indicator for the right (Containment Facility) saucer. I haven't paid attention to the left one yet since that saucer has its own indicator flasher in close proximity.

#3994 6 years ago

Fun thing I learned replacing the Library scoop protector, you can widen and narrow the entrance to spinner lane (left orbit). The screw that holds down the metal rail with the blue bumper on it is held by an adjustable brace. Mine was set as narrow as it would go by factory settings, and I have always found that shot pretty hard. Just widened it up and its a much more reasonable shot now. Going to see if I can do the same with the right short ramp tonight.

#3995 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Fun thing I learned replacing the Library scoop protector, you can widen and narrow the entrance to spinner lane (left orbit). The screw that holds down the metal rail with the blue bumper on it is held by an adjustable brace. Mine was set as narrow as it would go by factory settings, and I have always found that shot pretty hard. Just widened it up and its a much more reasonable shot now. Going to see if I can do the same with the right short ramp tonight.

Cool!

#3996 6 years ago

I’m fine with the linear ladders in GB. It makes some modes like Stay Puft harder to get to, so it is kinda neat (satisfying) when you manage to start them. However, I’d welcome a new option under feature adjustments called “Linear Ladders (Yes/No)”. Thus, if you prefer non-linear ladder(s), you would have that choice.

#3997 6 years ago

everyone asking for non-linear ladders, You get that that would seriously destroy any chance this game has of being balanced in multiplayer right? If it's an option to turn on and off sure. Make anything and everything an option and play however you want. But if it's a default setting, and One player randomly gets 'staypuft' started, then 'Librarian' and the second player randomly gets 'Gozer', then 'Who brought the dog' That second player is at a massive disadvantage in both points and difficulty level.

If you HAVE to change the way modes work... Rather than 'random' I'd prefer changing the way modes begin to the Librarian scoop. (hey, there's a use for the librarian light insert) When it's lit, scoop the ball to start a mode. While the ball is in the scoop, you can select which mission you want to go to. That way you don't have to get 'bored' with the bottom tier missions, and everyone has a fair shot at selecting their own path of progression and strategy.

#3998 6 years ago

Easy fix like the tournament modes from the 90s. Random each game but multiplayer everyone gets the same random set and plays the same modes in the same order.

#3999 6 years ago

Yea that makes it Balanced, but I still don't like the idea of adding more randomness to this game. It's already unpredictable enough.

#4000 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Let us know how this goes, would be nice to be able to open up the right a little.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/80?hl=pinmagnet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.