IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,413 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 249.
#3901 6 years ago

Whats the verdict on adjusting the flipper angle (currently droopy) to be in line with the plastics? I know some people had tried it, did everyone go back to the factory angle (back to the droop) or did anyone like it that much that they kept it.

I'm also new to the mechanics, where's the screw to loosen them? I understand i need an allan key somewhere? Is it under the playfield?

Thanks!

#3902 6 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Whats the verdict on adjusting the flipper angle (currently droopy) to be in line with the plastics? I know some people had tried it, did everyone go back to the factory angle (back to the droop) or did anyone like it that much that they kept it.
I'm also new to the mechanics, where's the screw to loosen them? I understand i need an allan key somewhere? Is it under the playfield?
Thanks!

I like it better in line with the plastics (and I also put the longer flipper bats on). Pros: less gap, can make left ramp shot from left flipper. Cons: for me, right ramp shot is harder to make (so I lowered the post/ramp)

Underneath the PF there is a linkage to connect the flipper bat post to the coil, you would loosen that, adjust and then tighten.

#3903 6 years ago

Not sure if anyone else saw Sterns Facebook "Stern of the Union address" post but they said that a final Ghostbusters code update will come after Star Wars is complete. The wait will likely be a while but at least we know that something is coming.

#3904 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure if anyone else saw Sterns Facebook "Stern of the Union address" post but they state that a final Ghostbusters code update will come after Star Wars is complete. The wait will likely be a while but at least we know that something is coming.

Just saw that. Yeah, baby! It feels good to know that it will be done!

#3905 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure if anyone else saw Sterns Facebook "Stern of the Union address" post but they state that a final Ghostbusters code update will come after Star Wars is complete. The wait will likely be a while but at least we know that something is coming.

Thnx for posting this, good to know!

#3906 6 years ago

I was hoping for one last update. Looking forward to that.

#3907 6 years ago

here is a screen grab so we have some proof that they made the promise.

screen-capture-7 (resized).pngscreen-capture-7 (resized).png

#3908 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure if anyone else saw Sterns Facebook "Stern of the Union address" post but they said that a final Ghostbusters code update will come after Star Wars is complete. The wait will likely be a while but at least we know that something is coming.

I'm going to pray to Zuul and Gozer that they de-linearize the modes. That would take this one to "never leaving" status.

#3909 6 years ago

I'm happy to report that my LE replacement playfield should arrive from Stern today.

#3910 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I'm going to pray to Zuul and Gozer that they de-linearize the modes. That would take this one to "never leaving" status.

I understand that Okay, Who brought the dog is always the first scene to be started but after my understanding is that you can choose what the next scene to start is depending on what your last shot to finish the mode is. So the next scene can be either Spooked Librarian, We Got One!, or Spook Central depending on what you make your last shot in the mode to be.

I understand it is still linear but there is some variability. Please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding of the "order" of the scenes (modes).

#3911 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I understand that Okay, Who brought the dog is always the first scene to be started but after my understanding is that you can choose what the next scene to start is depending on what your last shot to finish the mode is. So the next scene can be either Spooked Librarian, We Got One!, or Spook Central depending on what you make your last shot in the mode to be.
I understand it is still linear but there is some variability. Please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding of the "order" of the scenes (modes).

You are correct... mostly. The first scene played can be “Who Brought the Dog,” “We Got One,” or “Spooked Librarian,” but 90% of the time, it’s going to be “Who Brought the Dog” based on the layout (and wanting to get to Stay Puft).

I’m all for the final mode in each ladder requiring completion of the others first, but I think it would be cool if the pops were to change which mode is lit for each ladder until that point.

#3912 6 years ago

Actually having each ladder change to random is a good idea as getting who brought the dog each time can be tiresome. It is a great game/theme. Very fast and hard though. I've still to tame it. It's got that just one more go..

#3913 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

"Who got the Dog" is NOT automatically the first mode. It's only the first mode for most players BECAUSE THEY DON"T CHANGE THE SKILL SHOT. You can change the skill shot to be Spooked Librarian or We Got One. The first mode will always be the lowest mode on 1 of the 3 ladders - but you can choose which ladder is the skill shot (or a non-ladder shot if you prefer). If you don't start a mode via the skill shot, you have to spell ghost -> hit slimer 4 or 5 times -> then ALL 3 Ladders are lit -> whichever one you hit will be your first mode.

#3914 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

"Who got the Dog" is NOT automatically the first mode. It's only the first mode for most players BECAUSE THEY DON"T CHANGE THE SKILL SHOT. You can change the skill shot to be Spooked Librarian or We Got One. The first mode will always be the lowest mode on 1 of the 3 ladders - but you can choose which ladder is the skill shot (or a non-ladder shot if you prefer). If you don't start a mode via the skill shot, you have to spell ghost -> hit slimer 4 or 5 times -> then ALL 3 Ladders are lit -> whichever one you hit will be your first mode.

I think I get it now. Thanks this helps and will allow even more variability when playing the game.

I also see the point in making the scenes random, but having not spent a lot of time on the machine yet I rather like it being linear and following the timeline of the movie while at the same time allowing me to choose three different "paths" that still follow timeline of the movie. I think it is fun to try and map out the order you want the game to play and then see if you can make it follow that path by selecting the correct skill shot and then finishing the scene with the last shot corresponding to the next scene you had pre-mapped out. Then the next game you could decide to follow a different path ahead of time and see if you can make the game follow that exact path. Of course if you "get off your pre-mapped path" the game does not end and you can continue to play down the new path you accidentally took.

They are putting the scenes in your control (just like the left ramp on Hobbit or the flipper hit in Dialed In before the ball goes into the phone scoop) but with a more narrow set of scene choices and also a more "skillful" selection method (last shot of scene completion vs hitting the left ramp and using the flipper).

#3915 6 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Actually having each ladder change to random is a good idea as getting who brought the dog each time can be tiresome. It is a great game/theme. Very fast and hard though. I've still to tame it. It's got that just one more go..

Agreed - an option for random would be refreshing. Can make it an option in the settings and those who love hearing "who brought the dog" more than anything else can keep it that way and be happy too.

#3916 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

"Who got the Dog" is NOT automatically the first mode. It's only the first mode for most players BECAUSE THEY DON"T CHANGE THE SKILL SHOT. You can change the skill shot to be Spooked Librarian or We Got One. The first mode will always be the lowest mode on 1 of the 3 ))l

Thank you !!!!
I will never understand , why everybody thinks, wbtd, has to always be played . There are 3 other choices .

#3917 6 years ago

I understand the argument for wanting to randomize the ladders, but it would be kind of strange if you could get Stay Puft going as your first mode. As it stands, it's your reward for working your way up the entire ladder. Not only is it a longer mode, but it's also a more potentially lucrative mode. Because of this, I view it as somewhat of a mini-wizard mode which should not be seen until later in the game. The rest of the modes could be randomized and I wouldn't really have a problem with it.

#3918 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I understand the argument for wanting to randomize the ladders, but it would be kind of strange if you could get Stay Puft going as your first mode. As it stands, it's your reward for working your way up the entire ladder. Not only is it a longer mode, but it's also a more potentially lucrative mode. Because of this, I view it as somewhat of a mini-wizard mode which should not be seen until later in the game. The rest of the modes could be randomized and I wouldn't really have a problem with it.

Agreed. My suggestion was to randomize the modes EXCEPT the final mode of each ladder. So WBTD, Spook Central, and Gozer would all have to be defeated before Stay Puft... just not necessarily in that order.

#3919 6 years ago

low play HUO premium in market if anyone is looking to get one.

#3920 6 years ago

wondering if another idea for the modes to get around the linear option is for modes to be offered in the order of the ball in play.
so hit ghost and then slimer to be offered regardless of what has NOT been completed at the beginning of the ladder:
ball 1 - Spooked librarian, We got one, Who brought the dog
ball 2 - Back off man, He slimed me, Spooked central
ball 3 - Librarian, The ballroom, Gozer the Gozerian

Scenario 1 - is if you have a crap ball one, you are offered a different mode for ball 2 etc = mixes it up for players and changes the strategy a little.
Scenario 2 - if you complete say mode 2 and 3 of a particular ladder in those balls (2 & 3) the lesser non finished mode is offered as the next to be played in ball 3 for eg.
Scenario 3 - Stay Puft still has to be earned after completing the 3 modes on the rhs ladder.
Scenario 4 - on completing a mode still keep the flashing option of all 3 ladders of that ball, or then the lesser then the higher - depends what has been completed.

so still linear in a way to play the end of ladder modes like "we came, we saw" but with a little variety and allows a player to experience some of the more higher levels and maybe a bonus can be given if you complete the modes in order like spelling FILM in CFTBL

#3921 6 years ago

Glad you all have theories on how to re-imagine the game, but let’s not get our hopes up for a complete revamp. Final code drop will probably include a wizard mode that is not broken, and bug fix to the skill shot, score balance. All good stuff.

#3922 6 years ago

one CODE thing that would be great - is those 2 red inserts in the outlanes light up to a function so us modders could adapt a mod to or to flash fast synced when the flippers switch to opposite sides ...., as I never hear the sound when the switch starts and always lose a ball or 2 when the mode finishes.

#3923 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Glad you all have theories on how to re-imagine the game, but let’s not get our hopes up for a complete revamp. Final code drop will probably include a wizard mode that is not broken, and bug fix to the skill shot, score balance. All good stuff.

This is kind of what I am thinking. I wouldn't expect anything too drastic at all.

#3924 6 years ago

I would love if the new code would integrate the two red outlane inserts to be indicators used during MHMB to indicate flippers being reversed or not.

#3925 6 years ago

Nice little bit of info from Stern's facebook page:

"Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here’s a sneak peek at two games that will have updates coming very soon, as well as status on a few other titles:
- Star Wars with its newest asteroid video mode and intense lightsaber duel!
- Batman ’66 with the new major villain cliffhangers!
- Ghostbusters: As soon as Star Wars is complete, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
- Aerosmith: Aerosmith will also be getting a little more polish.
- KISS: We will be revisiting KISS code very soon to create a final update."

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3926 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

"Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here’s a sneak peek at two games that will have updates coming very soon, as well as status on a few other titles:
- Ghostbusters: As soon as Star Wars is complete, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.

Scroll up a little.

#3927 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

"Status of Code:

No Star Trek.

#3928 6 years ago

My game is set between 6.6 and 7.1 degrees according to the PinGuy iPhone app (depending on if I face the top of the phone closest to the flippers or not).

I have the center post installed and it never saves a ball. I am thinking either the ball is not going fast enough to bounce off sufficiently high, the post is too flexible, or perhaps I just have the post installed wrong?

I might as well remove the post at this point as it is doing nothing to save the ball.

Anyone else able to get the center post to save the ball and any thoughts on what might be wrong with my setup?

IMG_1396 (resized).JPGIMG_1396 (resized).JPG

IMG_1397 (resized).JPGIMG_1397 (resized).JPG

#3929 6 years ago

I think my center post has a rubber ring - I don't see one on yours

#3930 6 years ago

Yeah it looks like you have the mini post rubber installed where the post attaches to the plastic it should be on the end of the post.

#3931 6 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what he said!

#3932 6 years ago

I've added some additional rubber on that post but it's not very good at bouncing. Seems like we could find a better rubber ball that could fit over that to help.

#3933 6 years ago

Well that installation is incorrect. If correct it will bounce, at least with mine, very happy with this post on mine.

#3934 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

My game is set between 6.6 and 7.1 degrees according to the PinGuy iPhone app (depending on if I face the top of the phone closest to the flippers or not).
I have the center post installed and it never saves a ball. I am thinking either the ball is not going fast enough to bounce off sufficiently high, the post is too flexible, or perhaps I just have the post installed wrong?
I might as well remove the post at this point as it is doing nothing to save the ball.
Anyone else able to get the center post to save the ball and any thoughts on what might be wrong with my setup?

I think you need to use the rubber pinballs everyone else is using

#3935 6 years ago

Looking for the Slimer shooter rod...any ideas where to get one?

#3936 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcadevudoo:

Looking for the Slimer shooter rod...any ideas where to get one?

I was about to list one Slimer and one Stay Puft rod on the bay. I bought them here (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/32079) but never used them. I'll send you a PM.

#3937 6 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

To move flippers up, simply loosen the hex that holds the flipper in position. Only slightly loosen. Move flippers to appear straight with plastics versus drooped down, then tighten hex again.
I personally have no issues hitting shots with them this way.

Which hex nuts exactly?

#3938 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Which hex nuts exactly?

I found the correct nut and adjusted the flippers so they are inline with the guides. I can't tell really any difference except the shots appear to be later on the flipper. This does not seem better or worse, just different. What is supposed to be the benefit of bringing the flippers inline with the guides?

#3939 6 years ago

I tried adjusting the flippers, just a tiny change. I don't know if it's the placebo effect but I find it makes it feel easier to control and I can make all the shots still (obv slightly different timing). So far so good though!

#3940 6 years ago

Higher positioned flippers = more easy to cradle and control them!

#3941 6 years ago

So i just got my replacement carton from stern a few days ago, its just a big box with some Styrofoam, Does anyone have any tips to take my playfield and and put it in the box, i have never removed a playfied before and stern gave zero insturctions,

Thanks,

#3942 6 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

So i just got my replacement carton from stern a few days ago, its just a big box with some Styrofoam, Does anyone have any tips to take my playfield and and put it in the box, i have never removed a playfied before and stern gave zero insturctions,
Thanks,

Just pull out your existing playfield and prop it up in the maintenance position. You should see about 3 or 4 main connections that will free up the playfield from the harnesses- I believe I had to cut one or two wire ties/zip ties but it was super easy.

I would recommend having one extra person to help you lift it out of the cabinet and set it down.

#3943 6 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Thanks,

Lean the playfield up then disconnect 3 connectors...a big white one, a smaller white one, (3 pin, I think), then the black ethernet style connector. Highly suggest getting an extra person to help lift the playfield out of the cabinet.

#3944 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I found the correct nut and adjusted the flippers so they are inline with the guides. I can't tell really any difference except the shots appear to be later on the flipper. This does not seem better or worse, just different. What is supposed to be the benefit of bringing the flippers inline with the guides?

On mine, I also got the slightly longer flipper bats. between the two, less center drains, (as someone mentioned above) a little easier to cradle, and (for me at least) its made some shots a little easier (I can hit left ramp easily from left flipper ball cradled)

YMMV

#3945 6 years ago

I got one!!

Just pulled the trigger on a HUO with low plays and a lot of mods.
Shaker, topper etc
I'm super stoked!!
Pick it up Wed

Finally! And with new code coming soon! Yeah baby!

#3946 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I got one!!
Just pulled the trigger on a HUO with low plays and a lot of mods.
Shaker, topper etc
I'm super stoked!!
Pick it up Wed
Finally! And with new code coming soon! Yeah baby!

Congrats! you won’t regret it. Make sure you reverse the rubbers on the slings to make the magna slings more active. It’s a must to do that I promise.

#3947 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

This this this this this this this. A man can dream.

#3948 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats! you won’t regret it. Make sure you reverse the rubbers on the slings to make the magna slings more active. It’s a must to do that I promise.

I will

#3949 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

This this this this this this this. A man can dream.

What do you prefer?

Listening to who brought the dog which takes about a second or to rats in the cellar over and over again since that "is" the mode you should start with AS?
Ok if it's not Rats then it is sweat emotions.
You can choose three different modes in GB.
Yeah you can choose 7 in AS but then again not really can you if you want to get somewhere "fast"

I much prefer GB to having to listen to AS all night long.
I've played AS at my friends place and since it's his only pin at the moment, after 1hour I pretty much heard it.

Why do people call GB linear?

Has anyone played Pinball Magic?

#3950 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

What do you prefer?
Listening to who brought the dog which takes about a second or to rats in the cellar over and over again since that "is" the mode you should start with AS?
Ok if it's not Rats then it is sweat emotions.
You can choose three different modes in GB.
Yeah you can choose 7 in AS but then again not really can you if you want to get somewhere "fast"
I much prefer GB to having to listen to AS all night long.
I've played AS at my friends place and since it's his only pin at the moment, after 1hour I pretty much heard it.
Why do people call GB linear?
Has anyone played Pinball Magic?

The songs on AS don’t annoy me at all, but every time I hear who brought the dog it makes me want to jump off of a cliff or something.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 12,413 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/79?hl=gjm7777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.