IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 249.
#3851 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Playmobil Ghostbusters topper mounted ...

That's pretty cool, but you need some way to illuminate it.

#3852 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Isn't it designed so that a glancing blow registers but doesn't count for a true hit? I'm pretty sure on mine a glancing blow still triggers a sound.

Yup. A weak hit makes a sound, but doesn't count the same as a strong hit on mine.

#3853 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yup. A weak hit makes a sound, but doesn't count the same as a strong hit on mine.

Mine as well I get sounds on weak hits but not credited as a hit to make him go away.

#3854 6 years ago

Anyone use the pinball browser to add/change callouts to include some from Murray, Ramis and Aykroyd?

#3855 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone use the pinball browser to add/change callouts to include some from Murray, Ramis and Aykroyd?

The audio already includes these guys, right?

#3856 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The audio already includes these guys, right?

I thought it is like 90% Ernie Hudson, maybe I'm wrong.

#3857 6 years ago

I painted a pingulp and used a pingraffix slime decal under 4 coats of clear

IMG_20170926_201711140 (resized).jpgIMG_20170926_201711140 (resized).jpg

#3858 6 years ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned in another thread, but over on another forum, Dwight made some comments with respect to ghostbusters code:

"We will try to fix bugs when we can. But otherwise you should ALWAYS assume that there will not be a code update for a game that is 1.0 or greater.

With that said, I would like to revisit Ghostbusters, when I can, and my bosses are pretty reasonable in that court."

"I want to be clear. I consider the game to be finished. I think that the game is fun and interesting as is. But there is always room for improvement."

link:

http://tiltforums.com/t/ghostbusters-pinball-rulesheet/1358/306

#3859 6 years ago

How can you consider a game finished with a wizard mode title to a feature that doesn't exist, and an unused playfield insert? I really enjoy the game, but it clearly isn't finished.

#3860 6 years ago

I think he's just being careful the way he phrases it. He sounds like he wants to update the code but apparently isn't authorized to promise it will happen. Nonetheless, I own one and don't think you should ever have to assume that a mode that the game was supposed to include is never going to be added. That's the essence of misrepresentation. But I still want to believe that it gets updated when it gets updated.

#3861 6 years ago

Could we start a "Fundme" for Dwight to finish the code on his time with Sterns approval?

I know, weird thought, but I love the game, and so wish for the final polish in it.

#3862 6 years ago

Go fund me? what happened to just plain old pride in your work. With that being said, I would donate a few bucks to the effort if it made a difference. But if he doesn’t want to do it, he’s not going to do it. Only Lyman takes games home with him!

#3863 6 years ago

I just bought a GB Premium and the manga slings work when doing the coil test but during game play they do not come on much. I am in factory settings. I played another GB Premium on location yesterday and their magna slights were active all the time. I am not sure how often they are supposed to be "on" but I would like mine to be more active. How often should they be "on" and where is the settings to have mine be "on" more often?

#3864 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I just bought a GB Premium and the manga slings work when doing the coil test but during game play they do not come on much. I am in factory settings. I played another GB Premium on location yesterday and their magna slights were active all the time. I am not sure how often they are supposed to be "on" but I would like mine to be more active. How often should they be "on" and where is the settings to have mine be "on" more often?

Flip the sling rubbers around.
Put the long sling rubber where the post rubbers are and the post rubber where the long sling rubber goes.
There are two notches on metal post for proper positions. Made a Huge difference on my game .

#3865 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Put the long sling rubber where the post rubbers are and the post rubber where the long sling rubber goes.
There are two notches on metal post for proper positions. Made a Huge difference on my game .

Thanks but I believe I am looking for how to increase the left/right magnet power settings. I see them in the Test menu but not in the Adjustment menu. That may not be the right setting anyway. I just want the magna slings to turn on more often like the on location game I played.

#3866 6 years ago

I think if you switch the rubber, they will "turn on" more often.

#3867 6 years ago
Quoted from krankin:

With that said, I would like to revisit Ghostbusters, when I can, and my bosses are pretty reasonable in that court."

With all this uncertainty we’ll never see a colordmd for this title. They want completed code.

#3868 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Could we start a "Fundme" for Dwight to finish the code on his time with Sterns approval?
I know, weird thought, but I love the game, and so wish for the final polish in it.

Fanboy in me perhaps, but I believe the final verdict is still wide open on this pin which will ultimately be considered one of the best, and yes, unique Sterns.
Polish could only help solidify it.
Doesn't matter though, still bustin the game either way!

#3869 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

With all this uncertainty we’ll never see a colordmd for this title. They want completed code.

I don't buy this at all. Metallica code was updated and the Color DMD worked fine with a few things that needed to be fixed in color.

#3870 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think if you switch the rubber, they will "turn on" more often.

Exactly

#3871 6 years ago

If you switch them around they will activate much more .
The way they come from the factory require a much stronger hit to activate them. If you switch them around it activates with a much softer hit to the slings , which in turn makes the slings become stronger and "do" more .

#3872 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

For sure if he and Stern agree!

#3873 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Weird thought? Its more like a form of Stockholm Syndrome of pinball... we pay for something that the developer should do on their own.

I own a GB and I bought the game with the code fully knowing Stern's reputation on this stuff. I accept that and love the game as is. While I would love new stuff added I would never pay another dime to Stern to do it.

What would be next? Downloadable add on content (DLC) for pinball where they charge you for each new release including features that fix bugs?

Let's face reality - most route operators and players don't care about the code the way we do and that's why it doesn't get finished.

#3874 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't buy this at all. Metallica code was updated and the Color DMD worked fine with a few things that needed to be fixed in color.

Star Trek was also affected by the lack of an update and we still don't have it. Unless it's just the issue with the images on Star Trek itself?

#3875 6 years ago

If it came to it, I would be in to fund it, but it shouldn't have to come to that.

#3876 6 years ago

Does anyone have a recommendation for changing out the rubbers on a Premium? I'm not crazy about the black rubbers on the slings, for instance. I see that Titan has a few kits available. I'm not sure about the clear ones on the slings because of the blinding lights during some modes. Any ideas?

#3877 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Does anyone have a recommendation for changing out the rubbers on a Premium? I'm not crazy about the black rubbers on the slings, for instance. I see that Titan has a few kits available. I'm not sure about the clear ones on the slings because of the blinding lights during some modes. Any ideas?

I bet the glow in the dark ones would look killer. I have only had mine a few weeks, but when it comes time, I was planning on those.

#3878 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I bet the glow in the dark ones would look killer. I have only had mine a few weeks, but when it comes time, I was planning on those.

A while ago someone posted photos of glow rubbers with a purple trough light and it looked sweet.

#3879 6 years ago

IMG_20170929_180937731 (resized).jpgIMG_20170929_180937731 (resized).jpg

#3880 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I can't believe what a difference this makes...wow..a whole new game

#3881 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

So how are the rings situated now? The large ring on the bottom and small post rings on top?

#3882 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Told you
When I first got my GB I was REALLY disappointed with how the magna slings worked. Like to the point of damn this machine has to go, but after another pinsider told me about switching the rubbers it's been great .
Complete game changer !

#3883 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So how are the rings situated now? The large ring on the bottom and small post rings on top?

yes that is correct you don't even have to remove the plastics to adjust this just roll the large one over the top of the small rings then roll the little ones into the groove

if you haven't done this you should...can't believe stern didn't do this...I assume it must have been designed this way, but as they started to assemble they got reversed

#3884 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

yes that is correct you don't even have to remove the plastics to adjust this just roll the large one over the top of the small rings then roll the little ones into the groove
if you haven't done this you should...can't believe stern didn't do this...I assume it must have been designed this way, but as they started to assemble they got reversed

Thanks! I haven't noticed a lack of activity from the magnes, but I'm gonna try it out anyway.

#3885 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks! I haven't noticed a lack of activity from the magnes, but I'm gonna try it out anyway.

Me too. Can you post a pic of the suggested orientation. I replaced mine with clear and don’t remember what order I put them in.

#3886 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

What does it help with? Just activity? I see more now too.

#3887 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

What does it help with? Just activity? I see more now too.

ya they turn on pretty consistently now...I thought it was just random...but really they are supposed to turn on whenever a ball hits them like a slingshot.

#3888 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yes. I just changed mine. It took 5 minutes and made a HUGE difference.
Just stretch the large band out a bit and slide it down past the rubber ring. Then slide each one up the post into the two grooves. Do that on all three posts on each sling and you're done.

Do it!

Thanks for the tip golfingdad1.

#3889 6 years ago

I'm working on installing my coin taker speaker light kit. The last step it to plug the power cable into the auxiliary power plug down the right hand side.

I don't see an auxiliary power plug? What am I missing?

(I do have a shaker installed)

Thanks

#3890 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I'm working on installing my coin taker speaker light kit. The last step it to plug the power cable into the auxiliary power plug down the right hand side.
I don't see an auxiliary power plug? What am I missing?
(I do have a shaker installed)
Thanks

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE_Power.pdf

That is where the SPIKE Speaker Light Kit is meant to be plugged in. Of course I can't be sure what power cable / adapter were included with the kit that you have.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#3891 6 years ago

20171001_082112 (resized).jpg20171001_082112 (resized).jpg

Quoted from Fortytwo:Me too. Can you post a pic of the suggested orientation. I replaced mine with clear and don’t remember what order I put them in.

The long Sling rubber should be on the bottom , the small round post rings should be on top.

#3892 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE_Power.pdf
That is where the SPIKE Speaker Light Kit is meant to be plugged in. Of course I can't be sure what power cable / adapter were included with the kit that you have.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Thanks. That was it. I did have the adapter to spike included.

#3893 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

The long Sling rubber should be on the bottom , the small round post rings should be on top.

Man...I almost breezed right by these posts about switching those rubbers around but thankfully your picture made me do a double take! I just swapped mine around and it does make quite the difference. One of my favorite features of this machine are the magna slings and especially when they are lit are do all those crazy tricks. Swapping the rubbers around had those puppies lit on my second ball of my first game. Before that I could go several games without seeing them lit. Thanks to all you guys who bumped this!

#3894 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-air-ball-protector-right-gate-orbit-prote
Thinking about make another run.
Go to link above and add your name. Thx. Also, watch video in the link above.

pic5 - Copy (resized).jpgpic5 - Copy (resized).jpgpic7 - Copy (resized).jpgpic7 - Copy (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protector

#3895 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I'm thinking about trying this myself. I think a little more activity with the magna slings would be nice ad long as they aren't too active. So do they still act like normal slings sometimes when the rubbers are switched?

I'm curious to see how many people here in this thread have switched them around and how they like it. Please come forward if you have done this GB owners and let me know. Thanks!

#3896 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm thinking about trying this myself. I think a little more activity with the magna slings would be nice ad long as they aren't too active. So they still act like normal slings sometimes when the rubbers are switched?
I'm curious to see how many people here in this thread have switched them around and how they like it. Please come forward if you have done this GB owners. Thanks!

I did it yesterday and it is MUCH better. My advice is to try it. It only takes 5 minutes to do. You don't need any tools and you don't have to remove any plastics. Just stretch the long band out and put it below the ring then push them both up into the post notches.

#3897 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Please come forward if you have done this GB owners. Thanks!

I did it (reversed the rubbers) and it is a must do in my opinion. I also went under the playfield with a small flathead screwdriver and bend in the leaf springs to make them more responsive. The game is much more fun with more frequent magna slings and they save the ball from a drain about us much as they cause a drain. Try it you can easily undo it if you do not like it.

#3898 6 years ago

I switched mine this morning. I would say my slings are slightly more active now. They never seemed inactive to me, but they probably come alive slightly more. Either way, it's not like there are any bad side effects, and you can always switch them back.

#3899 6 years ago

Well I just switched mine and it is absolutely a lot better game now! This game should come from the factory like this. Thanks for the tip golfingdad!! Everyone that owns a Premium/LE should do this.

#3900 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I just switched mine and it is absolutely a lot better game now! This game should come from the factory like this. Thanks for the tip golfingdad!! Everyone that owns a Premium/LE should do this.

No Problem Who Dey,
Glad I could help all, Y'all

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/78?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.