IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 249.
#3751 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

In Mass Hysteria MB, does the game give any clues as to when the flippers switch from reverse to normal?

This. was about to ask this myself. I have heard there is a sound but have not been able to figure it out yet.

#3752 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

When the button doesn't work right

That's what I go by too, but the switching is very annoying. It takes away any kind of skill involved with the MB and reverse flippers. I tried crossing my arms, but it does you no good when it switches to normal so now I just double flip constantly. It makes what could be a very cool MB, In to a MB that I loathe.

#3753 6 years ago

I have a pro model. The metal protector on the library scoop is no longer completely flush with the playfield. its causing the ball to almost always tip just a little to the right whenever coming out of the left orbit, heading for a center drain.

Any advice on how to make that piece flush again? or do i just need to replace it? I think I have over 7K credits on this thing now... this is the first real 'problem' I've had with it.

#3754 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I have a pro model. The metal protector on the library scoop is no longer completely flush with the playfield. its causing the ball to almost always tip just a little to the right whenever coming out of the left orbit, heading for a center drain.
Any advice on how to make that piece flush again? or do i just need to replace it? I think I have over 7K credits on this thing now... this is the first real 'problem' I've had with it.

I can't suggest how to fix it but Cliffy sells a new one.

#3755 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Replace it or remove and put Mylar there instead.

#3756 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I have a pro model. The metal protector on the library scoop is no longer completely flush with the playfield.

I feel like the protectors that Stern is using aren't as durable as Cliffys. Every premium/LE I've played has a dented protector at the subway scoop. The more plays the game has, the more dented the protector.

#3757 6 years ago

Ordered from Cliffy. Thanks. sounds like his are probably more durable than the stock protector.

Noticed something in my last game. Had my 3rd lock lit during 'He slimed me'. Hit slimer on my way up the ramp to lock my 3rd ball. Completing the mode and starting multiball. However, 'The Ballroom' Did not start during multiball. After multiball was over, all modes were just flashing waiting for me to start one.

That normal behavior or should the ballroom have auto-started with the same shot as the multiball?

#3758 6 years ago

finally installed 2 x Ghostbuster mods - Firestation Plunger Plate, and custom solid polished brass Firestation shooter to capture the feeling of the building history.

IMG_3098 (resized).JPGIMG_3098 (resized).JPG

#3759 6 years ago

Finally they delivered my Ghostbusters Pro. My wife stumbled across a Stay Pu-ft Marshmallow Man that I think fits well with the machine. I was never going to pump out 500 bills for the Stern Topper so for me this is a darn good substitute.
Other mods to come. Shaker (highly recommended) is installed and some air ball protectors and out lane preventive plastics as well as new super bands for the flipper bats. Just ordered the Ecto vehicle 1/25 model from Amazon. Others are on my list. Oh, and the game is very fun and challenging.

20170906_113244 (resized).jpg20170906_113244 (resized).jpg

#3760 6 years ago

Has anyone installed this kit on a Premium or LE and if would you recommend it?
Ghost Busters Pinball Ultimate LED Add-On
https://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/ghost-busters-pinball-ultimate-led-add

#3761 6 years ago

I haven't installed this kit, but it looks like the green LEDs with the Slimer cutouts would be really cool. Now you've got me considering it!

#3762 6 years ago

ericb's post reminded me that I needed to post a picture of my new Slimer decoration. Spirit Halloween has these for $80 but if you search around you can find a 20% (sometimes 25% off) coupon code and free shipping.

https://www.spirithalloween.com/product/17-inch-hanging-slimer-decorations-ghostbusters-classic/153237.uts?keyword=slimer&thumbnailIndex=2&Search=Find+It

Here's what he looks like next to my GBLE hanging from the ceiling. He's a big guy. 17 inches tall according to the Spirit Halloween website.

slimer (resized).jpgslimer (resized).jpg

#3763 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I've had my Ghostbusters Pro for about a year now. Last night I put Cliffys in on the storage scoop and scolari brothers targets (plus the drain hole).
I'm getting a lot of air balls on my way up the left ramp now. I have a protector but clearly I'm getting way more air balls than before. Is this because I screwed up putting the ramp back or (more likely) the Scolari bros target protectors?
My targets are flush with the play field but the protector creates a slight lip. Any thoughts? I hesitate to move the target up to the lip because then it would be exposed in the front right?

I can confirm that the cliffys cause the air balls. 100 percent. Taken the left one off.

#3764 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I am looking to buy a GB Premium and I am not sure if I should go new or used. I believe the older ones had issues that perhaps may be corrected in the current NIB ones, but I am not sure. I will have to ship either one (new or used) and it appears a used one will save me about 10 to 15 percent. That does not seem like a lot of savings given the potential issues of the older (used) units. If buying a premium now would you buy new or used and what would be the earliest built date you would consider buying?

Absolute no brainer buy used with a good pf. The price on gb especially premium it's dropping big time from what I've seen. Below 6k and nice pf.

#3765 6 years ago

Only my second time playing Ghostbusters Pro on location and I broke 1bil!!!! I know this isn't a crazy score based on what I have seen out there, but considering limited playing time, I was soooo pumped!!!

IMG_3431 (resized).JPGIMG_3431 (resized).JPG

#3766 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Only my second time playing Ghostbusters Pro on location and I broke 1bil!!!! I know this isn't a crazy score based on what I have seen out there, but considering limited playing time, I was soooo pumped!!!

Good Job Chris!

#3767 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Absolute no brainer buy used with a good pf. The price on gb especially premium it's dropping big time from what I've seen. Below 6k and nice pf.

Below 6k on a premium is quite a deal and I'd certainly act after inspection.
An owner is giving it away, but take advantage of a fire sale.

#3769 6 years ago

What are the chances that a code update is closer than what we think. After the JT incident, no doubt sales may have slipped a little and maybe Stern would consider the update to trigger new discussion and take the focus off JT???

#3770 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

What are the chances that a code update is closer than what we think. After the JT incident, no doubt sales may have slipped a little and maybe Stern would consider the update to trigger new discussion and take the focus off JT???

I believe most sales are to operators and most route pin players (non pinsiders) don't know or care about code. When we hang out on pinside we get a skewed view that everyone obsesses about these things. They really don't.

Just accept the code as is if you plan to buy the game. An update is a bonus but shouldn't be expected.

#3771 6 years ago

To me, a "bonus" would be something like additional call-outs or animations. Correcting the numerous, well-documented bugs in the code, and adding the final wizard mode referenced in the instructions and menu options should be a no-brainer. I'm hoping this update will come fairly soon regardless of John Trudeau's legal problems.

#3772 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

To me, a "bonus" would be something like additional call-outs or animations. Correcting the numerous, well-documented bugs in the code, and adding the final wizard mode referenced in the instructions and menu options should be a no-brainer. I'm hoping this update will come fairly soon regardless of John Trudeau's legal problems.

Agree 100% the final wizard mode being added would be awesome... but I'm guessing it will not be.

Just out of curiosity what bugs remain? I've got about 300 games on the latest code and haven't noticed a bug...? Are we talking typos or game breaking bugs?

#3773 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Agree 100% the final wizard mode being added would be awesome... but I'm guessing it will not be.
Just out of curiosity what bugs remain? I've got about 300 games on the latest code and haven't noticed a bug...? Are we talking typos or game breaking bugs?

The only real bug I notice on my pro is that the game doesn't announce on the display how many balls are locked like it does on the Prem/LE, I feel like it doesn't give non pinheads a clear indicator that they are working towards a multiball especially since the ramp just says "Storage Facility" rather than "Lock" like most games.
Also for the people earlier asking about MH, there's a very clear audio callout on my pro when they are going to switch. It starts right when you hit the symmetrical book stacking captive ball. There's a fairly loud "beep" type noise that goes off three or four times and then they switch right after. I've always been able to easily pick it out during MH because I immediately go for that shot to put my flippers back to normal.

#3774 6 years ago

As far as I know, the link below contains the most up-to-date list of remaining GB bugs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v113-bugs-and-features

#3775 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

As far as I know, the link below contains the most up-to-date list of remaining GB bugs.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v113-bugs-and-features

Thanks for the post. A lot of them appear to be premium related so I guess that's why I never noticed them. Some of them are definitely valid but others are really nit picky.

Don't get me wrong I would love a code update but I'm one of the few buyers who accepts the "you knew what the game was when you bought it" responsibility. I try not to complain about the missing mode because I knew it was missing when I bought the game. Stern is well known for code updates not always coming.

#3776 6 years ago

I don't think we're disagreeing here. I really like the game as is and am not going to lose any sleep (or sell GB anytime soon) if no update comes along. I do think the game would be better with some final code polish and would find it kind of annoying if Stern left it permanently unfinished.

#3777 6 years ago

I think there will be an update eventually, but later than sooner.

#3778 6 years ago

"..if Stern left it permanently unfinished."

Not to mention damage you'd do to the shooter lane after months of doing the skill shot bug trick! That alone is a non-starter for me. Played on-route and lost interest in everything after 5 plunge tricks. Really sloppy stuff, no offense

#3779 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

"..if Stern left it permanently unfinished."
Not to mention damage you'd do to the shooter lane after months of doing the skill shot bug trick! That alone is a non-starter for me. Played on-route and lost interest in everything after 5 plunge tricks. Really sloppy stuff, no offense

How are you going to damage the shooter lane?

#3780 6 years ago

Depends on technique when Jack danger did it he'd slap the right side of the machine pretty hard each time. Also takes about 3 attempts for every shot equals more wear and tear (too many points at stake not to try--hence the problem)

#3781 6 years ago

It's there... so damage your own game?

Some one else Earlier in the thread, if you Lower the premium ramp your cheating and can't score brag?

People do what you want with your game so that you enjoy it. I wouldn't slap the crap out of my shooter. But do what you want. If some enjoy with a shorter ramp or toys everywhere that's fine. But saying you hate the game because you can't play it without exploiting a bug sounds backwards. Like I eat so much because of society thinking.

#3782 6 years ago

I bought an LE, so code was new. But I still think Stern should and hope they do another update somewhere down the line because I bought the game on specs that were listed on the flyer. You are God was one, so I expect to see it in the end. What if they didn't have ecto goggles coded, would you be happy.....no....and I know this is over the top but still relevant. The Librarian insert I can live with, I've seen some B/W games with unused inserts. I will never buy a Cactus Canyon because I knew the code isn't complete and chances were zero, but GB and Stern are still going so lets at least finish it to what the marketing stuff stipulated to get a person to hand over the cash.

Tell me something else you buy in life that says one thing and gives you less than what's advertised and if so, do you let them get away with it.

#3783 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Tell me something else you buy in life that says one thing and gives you less than what's advertised and if so, do you let them get away with it.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/WrcEG38PV4NzO/giphy.gif

#3784 6 years ago

Depends on technique when Jack danger did it he'd slap the right side of the machine pretty hard each time. Also takes about 3 attempts for every shot equals more wear and tear (too many points at stake not to try--hence the problem)

Dude that is not going to damage the shooter lane lol. Come on man u can't be serious!

#3785 6 years ago

Ghostbusters for Stern Arcade is now out for Xbox one - https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10155730574754244

I wonder if it includes "Are you a god" or any fixes... hopefully we see a code update if it does...

#3786 6 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Ghostbusters for Stern Arcade is now out for Xbox one - https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10155730574754244
I wonder if it includes "Are you a god" or any fixes... hopefully we see a code update if it does...

Hopefully it hits the PlayStation in the next few days too. I've only been waiting like a year now. I'm curious to see how it plays in virtual pinball.

#3787 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hopefully it hits the PlayStation in the next few days too. I've only been waiting like a year now. I'm curious to see how it plays in virtual pinball.

I will let you know how it is on Xbox.

#3788 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I will let you know how it is on Xbox.

Not funny smarty pants

#3789 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

The only real bug I notice on my pro is that the game doesn't announce on the display how many balls are locked like it does on the Prem/LE, I feel like it doesn't give non pinheads a clear indicator that they are working towards a multiball especially since the ramp just says "Storage Facility" rather than "Lock" like most games.

There are two lights above the Storage Facility scoop that show the locks on the pro. One red and one green.

#3790 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

There are two lights above the Storage Facility scoop that show the locks on the pro. One red and one green.

I'm aware but on the Prem/LE the actual display announces in giant font "BALL 1/2 LOCKED" after you lock balls, cluing in those that don't inherently know that green arrow lights mean lock/look for lights on the storage facility etc. I'd also really like it if they would patch in the ability to show what ball it is in the middle of modes, the game is so scene based that I'm generally in a mode like 95% of the time so I can never see what ball it is.

#3791 6 years ago

'Ghostbusters for Stern Arcade is now out for Xbox one'

Am I the only person surprised GB in it's current state (unfinished/bugs/etc) is "proudly" posted to the Arcade Store? I thought only solid no fuss games earned that right

#3792 6 years ago

Am I the only person surprised GB in it's current state (unfinished/bugs/etc) is "proudly" posted to the Arcade Store? I thought only solid no fuss games earned that right

Maybe this means new code coming soon?

#3793 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Maybe this means new code coming soon?
» YouTube video

Posted by Dwight over in the tilt forums yesterday. Doesn't sound very promising.

20170913_131409 (resized).png20170913_131409 (resized).png

#3794 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Posted by Dwight over in the tilt forums yesterday. Doesn't sound very promising.

He had the audacity to say that he was as good or better than Lyman coding games. Back to waiting on my AFMR and MMR. What does a guy have to do to get completed games I guess by 20 year old remakes. With this said I am keeping my ghostbusters but it just sucks it will never get the polish it deserves.

#3795 6 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the Stern Arcade version is identical (warts and all) to the physical version?

#3796 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dude that is not going to damage the shooter lane lol. Come on man u can't be serious!

Even then, you can still do the skill shot trick by doing the second plunge normally - just as long as you time the release with the moment of contact at the bottom.

#3797 6 years ago

Yup

IMG_5438 (resized).JPGIMG_5438 (resized).JPG

#3799 6 years ago

So Are You a God has never been coded in?

#3800 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So Are You a God has never been coded in?

Nope, but you can adjust the time for it in the service menu to your hearts content.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 12,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/76?hl=cornycrunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.