B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 250.
#3701 6 years ago

slimer is a ghost, he's moved from one part of the play field to another, not sure why this is a bug?

#3702 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'd like to make this mod on my Premium. What size standoff should I use? Thanks!

So it's a hex spacer that is right under the metal ramp right by the plastic ramp. You can see a little screw when you look down from the top. It is 2" long stock. I removed the hex spacer that was installed in the game. I installed a 1 5/8" hex spacer. That was the length everyone kind of decided on when the premiums/LEs first came out. The right ramp works great now.

It's been a while since I did mine but I believe you need a female to female spacer like this

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-13

#3703 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sometimes a hit to the ecto goggles is required after beating Slimer, and other times it isn't. It seems completely random to me. My guess is it's a bug in the code. It would make the most sense if a hit to the ecto goggles was always required, but that hit didn't start the mode in that ladder.

I don't think it's a bug, it's meant to add some variety to the game. I love it since it is almost like Slimer is hiding from you for the last shot on occasion.

#3704 6 years ago

Confirmed with Dwight. It's random on whether it takes two or three hits and also random if one of those hits is the goggles.

#3705 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Confirmed with Dwight. It's random on whether it takes two or three hits and also random if one of those hits is the goggles.

But what does Dwight think about the fact that when you shoot Slimer in the ecto goggles it automatically starts the next mode in the "Who Brought the Dog" ladder? This seems like an oversight in the rules, no?

#3706 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

But what does Dwight think about the fact that when you shoot Slimer in the ecto goggles it automatically starts the next mode in the "Who Brought the Dog" ladder? This seems like an oversight in the rules, no?

Are you sure this happens? I feel like it didn't for me. Granted I have way less time on the premium.

If that is the case, I agree that it should light modes, not start the right ladder.

#3707 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you sure this happens? I feel like it didn't for me. Granted I have way less time on the premium.
If that is the case, I agree that it should light modes, not start the right ladder.

If you only hit the goggles, it will light the modes. More often than not though, your shot goes past the goggles and then starts the right ladder.

#3708 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

If you only hit the goggles, it will light the modes. More often than not though, your shot goes past the goggles and then starts the right ladder.

I thought this is how it works as well. If so, the switch behind Stay Puft should probably be deactivated for a few seconds once the opto is tripped.

#3709 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

This is the way my premium acts. To me sounds like a bug.

#3710 6 years ago

Really hope we get another code update in the near future that adds to gameplay. The theme and game deserve it! Hoping an "Are You a God" super wizard mode makes it into the game as that is the coolest name ever for a super wizard mode, lol.

#3711 6 years ago

For the right orbit (where it appears to fly over the switch if you smash the ball up there) for whatever reason I just didn't feel like pulling up the mylar like most have done. Decided instead to just play around with the switch itself. Took a few tries but I have appeared to bend the wire so that the ball still triggers it no matter which way its hit up there.

10 games in (so, small sample size) so far so good. Will see how it goes.

#3712 6 years ago

Anyone here need a library mod for their pro?

20170803_144008 (resized).jpg20170803_144008 (resized).jpg

#3713 6 years ago

Time to finally get some lane guards (to help prevent ball hopping over)

Who likes what they have?

I've seen the modfather plexi ones, the metal ones Taylor had made.. etc etc.

Curious to get some opinions.

#3714 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

For the right orbit (where it appears to fly over the switch if you smash the ball up there) for whatever reason I just didn't feel like pulling up the mylar like most have done. Decided instead to just play around with the switch itself. Took a few tries but I have appeared to bend the wire so that the ball still triggers it no matter which way its hit up there.

please keep posted. i just asked this question on the issues thread.
is there a taller wire that can be put in on switch? or is that what u did bent up more?

#3715 6 years ago

Time to finally get some lane guards (to help prevent ball hopping over)
Who likes what they have?
I've seen the modfather plexi ones, the metal ones Taylor had made.. etc etc.
Curious to get some opinions.

I originally had the GB Upgrade Kit from Pinball Life with the clear plastic guards. I upgraded to Taylor/Cliffy/Mezel's metal ones because I prefer the look and they have performed very well too.

#3716 6 years ago

Pinball fun.

85445779 (resized).jpg85445779 (resized).jpg

#3717 6 years ago

But it isn't just the switch. Removing the mylar also makes the shot much smoother, at least it did on my game. It's such a tight turn that the little bit of air created by the mylar would cause the ball to occasionally get hung up back there on a fast shot. With the mylar removed, that shot is now smooth as butter.

#3718 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The Scoleri brothers so the same thing. Sometimes they "jump" into the Ecto-Goggles.

#3719 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

please keep posted. i just asked this question on the issues thread.
is there a taller wire that can be put in on switch? or is that what u did bent up more?

I took the switch out and bent it. took some trial and error. first pass I bent it too much and the ball wouldnt bring it down, lol. Took me about 3 tries to get it right.

Pulling up the mylar is probably easier, but it was just bugging me that it also had to do with the switch.

YMMV

#3720 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I originally had the GB Upgrade Kit from Pinball Life with the clear plastic guards. I upgraded to Taylor/Cliffy/Mezel's metal ones because I prefer the look and they have performed very well too.

Thanks, I like the look of the metal ones too. But mainly, I dont like that the plastic ones cover the lanes (would have to pull them off any time I really want to give things a good clean)

#3721 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So it's a hex spacer that is right under the metal ramp right by the plastic ramp. You can see a little screw when you look down from the top. It is 2" long stock. I removed the hex spacer that was installed in the game. I installed a 1 5/8" hex spacer. That was the length everyone kind of decided on when the premiums/LEs first came out. The right ramp works great now.
It's been a while since I did mine but I believe you need a female to female spacer like this
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-13

I've been looking deeper into doing this, I know it's been explained , silverballnut, I really appreciate you in this, can someone please post some pictures? I have scoured this thread and can't seem to find what I'm looking for, thank you guys in advance

#3722 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I've been looking deeper into doing this, I know it's been explained , silverballnut, I really appreciate you in this, can someone please post some pictures? I have scoured this thread and can't seem to find what I'm looking for, thank you guys in advance

I believe this is the one, without searching (somebody correct me if I am wrong):

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=359

In the drop down just choose the length (1 5/8")

you will see the screw in the middle of the bracket that holds it up on the right side. unscrew, move to the side. You will see the standoff, unscrew it. screw on new standoff, screw the metal "habitrail" back on.

For me, the way it bent the plastic ramp, I put a little bend to the right on the two wires that feed in to the end of the ramp. Made the shot a little smoother for me.

Also also, I was too lazy to buy the spacer (I hate it when I only need one thing from PBL, the shipping cost kills it), I just cut the 2" one down and tapped it, lol.

#3723 6 years ago

Also also, I was too lazy to buy the spacer (I hate it when I only need one thing from PBL, the shipping cost kills it), I just cut the 2" one down and tapped it, lol.

Haa ha. That is exactly what I did. I was fed up with the shot and everyone was chatting about fixing it so I cut, drilled and tapped mine too. I was done in 10 minutes.

#3724 6 years ago

The spacer is right under this screw in the middle. To get the wire ramp off you'll need to take the nut off where the ball drops out too.

IMG_3925 (resized).JPGIMG_3925 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3725 6 years ago

Perfect, thank you gentleman!

#3726 6 years ago

Marco is currently out of stock on this size riser, but Pinball life has them.

#3727 6 years ago

Instruction cards.

Anyone make any good ones they feel like sharing the graphics files for?

#3728 6 years ago

Left Instruction Card EN-Namsan (resized).pngLeft Instruction Card EN-Namsan (resized).png

Right Instruction Card-Namsan (resized).pngRight Instruction Card-Namsan (resized).png

#3729 6 years ago

I've had my Ghostbusters Pro for about a year now. Last night I put Cliffys in on the storage scoop and scolari brothers targets (plus the drain hole).

I'm getting a lot of air balls on my way up the left ramp now. I have a protector but clearly I'm getting way more air balls than before. Is this because I screwed up putting the ramp back or (more likely) the Scolari bros target protectors?

My targets are flush with the play field but the protector creates a slight lip. Any thoughts? I hesitate to move the target up to the lip because then it would be exposed in the front right?

#3730 6 years ago

I hear the scolari cliffys cause air balls, i do not have them so i cant confirm

#3731 6 years ago

Instead of dicking around with that switch, why not just take 2 minutes and remove that piece of Mylar from the playfield? It's not going to hurt a thing and your shots will register 100% of the time and they will be smoother as well.

#3732 6 years ago

As far as the right ramp goes, I don't really understand why some of you are making it easier. No offense to the people that have but this shot is meant to be hard and it adds to the fun of the game because it is so hard. The right ramp shot is very makeable with practice. What's next, longer flippers and closing off the outlines? If I bust out a big score on GB, I want my game to be the way JT designed it to be so I can brag about my score. GB is hard as hell, but that's kind of a good thing because it makes you a better pinball player. It forces you to make good shots.

#3733 6 years ago

"..so I can brag about my score. GB is hard as hell"

The key to a grand champ score is setting the table with multiplers, then hitting the left ramp during Stay Puft. That's it.

Right ramp is just for fun. No need to fix it or shoot for it.

#3734 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

"..so I can brag about my score. GB is hard as hell"
The key to a grand champ score is setting the table with multiplers, then hitting the left ramp during Stay Puft. That's it.

Some modes require you to hit the right ramp.

#3735 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

As far as the right ramp goes, I don't really understand why some of you are making it easier. No offense to the people that have but this shot is meant to be hard and it adds to the fun of the game because it is so hard. The right ramp shot is very makeable with practice. What's next, longer flippers and closing off the outlines? If I bust out a big score on GB, I want my game to be the way JT designed it to be so I can brag about my score. GB is hard as hell, but that's kind of a good thing because it makes you a better pinball player. It forces you to make good shots.

It's not about making the game easier. It's about making it fair. Before I switched to the shorter post, a good percentage of seemingly perfect shots would make it part way up the ramp and then come right back down. I can't imagine this is the way JT intended it to be. Even after the tweak, it's still a difficult shot. I just get way less rejects now.

#3736 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I disagree. The right ramp can be incredibly lucrative. Want to see some insane scores? Start PKE Frenzy with 6X playifield running and keep nailing that ramp.

#3737 6 years ago

I am looking to buy a GB Premium and I am not sure if I should go new or used. I believe the older ones had issues that perhaps may be corrected in the current NIB ones, but I am not sure. I will have to ship either one (new or used) and it appears a used one will save me about 10 to 15 percent. That does not seem like a lot of savings given the potential issues of the older (used) units. If buying a premium now would you buy new or used and what would be the earliest built date you would consider buying?

#3738 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I am looking to buy a GB Premium and I am not sure if I should go new or used. I believe the older ones had issues that perhaps may be corrected in the current NIB ones, but I am not sure. I will have to ship either one (new or used) and it appears a used one will save me about 10 to 15 percent. That does not seem like a lot of savings given the potential issues of the older (used) units. If buying a premium now would you buy new or used and what would be the earliest built date you would consider buying?

A quick number is $6K +
No blanket issues to avoid buying used and save some $$$, if you wish.

Just check cabinet corners, inside and out, and inserts for ghosting.
Everything else is minor, but mylar removal, if needed, post change, if needed, airball protector.

#3739 6 years ago

Art, these are perfect. thank you!

#3740 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Instead of dicking around with that switch, why not just take 2 minutes and remove that piece of Mylar from the playfield? It's not going to hurt a thing and your shots will register 100% of the time and they will be smoother as well.

Because I can

;o)

In all seriousness, not saying my way is better. I was just curious if it really was just the ball launching a bit over the switch. Different strokes for different folks.

#3741 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

As far as the right ramp goes, I don't really understand why some of you are making it easier. No offense to the people that have but this shot is meant to be hard and it adds to the fun of the game because it is so hard.

In my case the plastic ramp was twisted enough that it wasn't really possible to get a shot cleanly up the ramp. The ball could almost be wedged in the ramp. It should be tough but if you hit it your ball should go up the ramp and around not just bounce around and dribble back out.

#3742 6 years ago

In all seriousness, not saying my way is better. I was just curious if it really was just the ball launching a bit over the switch. Different strokes for different folks.

That's what pinball is all about, being curious. I was curious to see if I could make the mini pf for my Jackbot, took me 3 hours but I made it and it's a 99.99% perfect match. Cost me about $5 for the plastic, but it has no art on it. It was a fun project.

IMGA0292 (resized).JPGIMGA0292 (resized).JPG

#3743 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's what pinball is all about, being curious. I was curious to see if I could make the mini pf for my Jackbot, took me 3 hours but I made it and it's a 99.99% perfect match. Cost me about $5 for the plastic, but it has no art on it. It was a fun project.

nice work

I have the ai artwork for Pinbot which I am sure has the same playfield design, you could change the colours of the bot to the jackbot version to have some really unique...

#3744 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

nice work
I have the ai artwork for Pinbot which I am sure has the same playfield design, you could change the colours of the bot to the jackbot version to have some really unique...

Thanks for the compliment, coming from you means a lot. I think they are the same but diff. art. I remember seeing the price for the Pinbot one and if I remember correctly it was around $150 so I think I saved some money.

#3745 6 years ago

Does anyone know of any forthcoming code updates? I believe one is needed, correct? Just hoping for one last complete code before I trade my GB pro and move on....

#3746 6 years ago

I might mess around with this, because I absolutely still experience it not triggering despite the mylar being pulled up. Not quite as often, but still pretty frequently on high speed shots.

#3747 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner!

#3748 6 years ago

"Does anyone know of any forthcoming code updates?"

Silence. Crickets. This game is now steeped in scandal. If you don't like it as is, just sell it now. Back to mylar and broken leaf switches talk please.

#3749 6 years ago

In Mass Hysteria MB, does the game give any clues as to when the flippers switch from reverse to normal?

#3750 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

In Mass Hysteria MB, does the game give any clues as to when the flippers switch from reverse to normal?

When the button doesn't work right Seriously I think there is a sound effect, but it's so low and there is so much going on I have yet to actually make it trigger in my mind that something changed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.