IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 249.
#3651 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

For the PKZ shot, if you haven't modified the stand up under the ramp, then do so. You can buy a shorter standoff and replace it, then the ramp works SO much better. It becomes a fair shot (still hard, but doesn't bounce around and come out).

First I've heard of this, could you elaborate please?

#3652 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Don't forget, once you have a score even in the low Billions always do the short plunge bug trick for a free 10% of your score. Can be worth 100s of millions without even plunging the ball yet! Easy money no skill required

I can't do that...that is cheating...can't brag if I cheat

#3653 6 years ago

For the bros. Hit the right target with the right flipper and the left target with the left flipper (back hands). Works way better than trying to hit them head on.
For the PKZ shot, if you haven't modified the stand up under the ramp, then do so. You can buy a shorter standoff and replace it, then the ramp works SO much better. It becomes a fair shot (still hard, but doesn't bounce around and come out).

This probably sounds weird but I kind of like that right ramp shot being difficult. I can actually hit it pretty good now most of the time. The difficulty adds to the excitement of the game though I think.

#3654 6 years ago

For the bros. Hit the right target with the right flipper and the left target with the left flipper (back hands). Works way better than trying to hit them head on.

This, lowered mine last week and it is night and day difference.

#3655 6 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I can't do that...that is cheating...can't brag if I cheat

That's how I feel also lol. I won't move the outlane in or anything. I'm weird I guess. ....oh well at least when I crank out a monster score I can say it's legit!

#3656 6 years ago

There is debate over if it's cheating or not. Although I think Jack danger was joking when he said it was a "feature." It is clearly a bug which keeps GB out of big tournaments and needs to be fixed!

#3657 6 years ago

It is clearly a bug which keeps GB out of big tournaments and needs to be fixed!

This is just incorrect. GB was used in INDISC, it was used at PAPA for the B finals. The skill shot is a non issue. There is possibly concern over playfield validation exploits. The skill shot thing is just a no big deal, the skill shot is easy to just earn anyway. They could adjust the timing on disabling the switch to be a hair longer, but then they risk not registering legitimate shots and making people angry. Really the only fix would have been to design the machine with a second switch in the shooter lane, but this is something they chose not to do.

#3658 6 years ago

Honestly it takes more work to do the "exploit" than it does to just do the skill shot.

#3659 6 years ago

Does this apply to the Pro as well?

#3660 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Can someone please explain to me how the left captive ball works? What's the point and awards for getting all the balls up in the top of it? I can't seem to figure this out.

The left captive balls will light the storage facility locks and any other lit features in the inserts under the captive balls.

Hitting all three standups under the proton pack will light a new feature. (Like playfield multipliers)

#3661 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Does this apply to the Pro as well?

No, just the Premium/LE

#3663 6 years ago

Hi. Purchased my first pin, a GB Pro. Loving it. I have a couple questions about odd behaviour. Sfw is v1.13.

I often select the Skill Shot to be the Award Scene. When I hit it, it asks ESP or Don't Cross The Streams, I select cross the streams, it then kicks the ball out to start play again (sometimes also starting Scoleri Brothers), then 1-2s later the playfield goes dark, flippers lose power, ball drains and the cross the stream game starts on the DMD. This happens about 50% of the time, the other 50% the ball stays in the right scoop and doesn't eject till after the cross the streams mini-game is over.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

#3664 6 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyArcade:

Hi. Purchased my first pin, a GB Pro. Loving it. I have a couple questions about odd behaviour. Sfw is v1.13.
I often select the Skill Shot to be the Award Scene. When I hit it, it asks ESP or Don't Cross The Streams, I select cross the streams, it then kicks the ball out to start play again (sometimes also starting Scoleri Brothers), then 1-2s later the playfield goes dark, flippers lose power, ball drains and the cross the stream game starts on the DMD. This happens about 50% of the time, the other 50% the ball stays in the right scoop and doesn't eject till after the cross the streams mini-game is over.
Is this normal?
Thanks.

What skill shot exactly are you talking about? Start scene should be the right loop where the "who brought the dog" mode is. But it sounds like you're hitting the scoop.

#3665 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

What skill shot exactly are you talking about? Start scene should be the right loop where the "who brought the dog" mode is. But it sounds like you're hitting the scoop.

This is when I release/shoot a new ball. Prior to launching it I can use the flippers to select 2 skill shots on the DMD. The award video mode lights the right scoop. I usually select "light multipliers" and "award video mode". (sorry, said scene, meant mode in first post)

Just got it to do it again (twice). Selected the 2 skill shots. Hit the right scoop after launching the ball. Asks me to select ESP or Streams, selected streams, DMD then says "Symmetrical Book Stacking", (Scolari Brothers sometimes go up at same time), releases the ball from the scoop. Playfield goes dark, flippers lose power then Don't Cross the Streams starts on DMD.

#3666 6 years ago

Well...i did it...still amounted to a bad score which I later beat by only beating left loop and scoop ladders lol. 3.8b is my gc. The scoring in GB is so weird.

#3667 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

» YouTube video
Well...i did it...still amounted to a bad score which I later beat by only beating left loop and scoop ladders lol. 3.8b is my gc. The scoring in GB is so weird.

"wow. That was totally worth everything that I went through"

Lol. Agreed.

#3668 6 years ago

This is when I release/shoot a new ball. Prior to launching it I can use the flippers to select 2 skill shots on the DMD. The award video mode lights the right scoop. I usually select "light multipliers" and "award video mode". (sorry, said scene, meant mode in first post)
Just got it to do it again (twice). Selected the 2 skill shots. Hit the right scoop after launching the ball. Asks me to select ESP or Streams, selected streams, DMD then says "Symmetrical Book Stacking", (Scolari Brothers sometimes go up at same time), releases the ball from the scoop. Playfield goes dark, flippers lose power then Don't Cross the Streams starts on DMD.

Any chance you could take a vid and post it?

#3669 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

» YouTube video

yep, i bit disapointing with your WM
we've done a bit longer here, as after main shoots done, you have to lock 2 balls on the 2 scoops...

#3670 6 years ago

The video mode skill shot if made should just start with the choice of either mode and go right into it. The ball should stay in the scoop until the video mode is over.

If you hit the captive ball for symmetrical book stacking before the skill shot you may start scoleri brothers. I don't believe that is considered a "major" shot so the skill shot will still be lit.

#3671 6 years ago

It sounds like the captive ball switch is either gapped too tight and you are getting phantom hits on flipper presses, or there is a switch matrix issue involving the scoop and the captive ball. I have not tried to debug spike, so I am not going to make assumptions about what could be happening.

Go into switch test and bang on the playfield and see if anything triggers. Try putting the ball in the scoop a bunch and see if the captive ball activates.

I am pretty sure this is a hardware or electronics issue with your machine.

#3672 6 years ago

On older sterns (f.e. Tron, metallica) when the scoop switch was not working correctly, it would kick the ball back out before the animation completely ran. Worth checking in switch test if the switch works consistent.

#3673 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

It sounds like the captive ball switch is either gapped too tight and you are getting phantom hits on flipper presses, or there is a switch matrix issue involving the scoop and the captive ball. I have not tried to debug spike, so I am not going to make assumptions about what could be happening.
Go into switch test and bang on the playfield and see if anything triggers. Try putting the ball in the scoop a bunch and see if the captive ball activates.
I am pretty sure this is a hardware or electronics issue with your machine.

OK, I think we are onto something. Turns out the Captive Ball Switch is always ON. In its normal spring-forward position it is ON, if I push on it lightly half way travel (like 1/16") it goes OFF then back ON again at full travel back. I'm guessing this isn't supposed to be happening.
Bumps of the field are enough to make the captive ball switch go into the off position (half way back). This would explain why I am getting Symmetrical book stacking and Gozer all the time without hitting the captive balls.

In the attached photo that is the status of the captive ball switch without playing or touching anything. Then if I press on the physical switch lightly it goes off and then on again when it touches the connection at the back of the switch.

Before I go tearing things apart ... can you advise how best to go about repairing it? (it is like the switch is making contact in the fully open position as well as closed position)

Thanks

20170817_172312 (resized).jpg20170817_172312 (resized).jpg

#3674 6 years ago

OK, I think we are onto something. Turns out the Captive Ball Switch is always ON. In its normal spring-forward position it is ON, if I push on it lightly half way travel (like 1/16") it goes OFF then back ON again at full travel back. I'm guessing this isn't supposed to be happening.
Bumps of the field are enough to make the captive ball switch go into the off position (half way back). This would explain why I am getting Symmetrical book stacking and Gozer all the time without hitting the captive balls.
In the attached photo that is the status of the captive ball switch without playing or touching anything. Then if I press on the physical switch lightly it goes off and then on again when it touches the connection at the back of the switch.
Before I go tearing things apart ... can you advise how best to go about repairing it? (it is like the switch is making contact in the fully open position as well as closed position)
Thanks

I would start with a visual inspection of the switch itself under the playfield. Evaluate the gap of the switch contacts and look at the solder points to see if they are touching something or close to each other.

#3675 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I would start with a visual inspection of the switch itself under the playfield. Evaluate the gap of the switch contacts and look at the solder points to see if they are touching something or close to each other.

It was the switch spacing.
Just lifting up the playfield an inch was causing the sensor to trigger back and forth. I removed the switch from underneath, it was working. Added a bit more gap and then also adjusted the bracket back a bit. Now it appears to be working as it should and those da*n Scoleri Brothers are not popping up every single ball now. I actually wonder if the glued on padding on the rear support bracket is not too thick (was pushing the back of the switch forward and making contact). Either way, working now!

Thanks all for your help!

#3676 6 years ago

Was out and about with my kids...And found this!!!
I still need to get the firehouse.. but it looks good

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

#3677 6 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

Was out and about with my kids...And found this!!!
I still need to get the firehouse.. but it looks good

Green. Needs to be painted.

#3678 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Green. Needs to be painted.

She got slimed

#3680 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

She got slimed

Lol!!!

It really works.. its a bobble head so when the machine shakes she moves!!!

#3681 6 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Well, from what I've read, the full wizard mode (not there yet) isn't complete, and other known issues. why would they not complete it? Aggravating.

Agree. The game is not complete and needs to be finished.

#3682 6 years ago

does anyone know if there is an attract function when game is not being played?

#3683 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

does anyone know if there is an attract function when game is not being played?

Yes.

#3684 6 years ago

for the guys that don't like the stock flipper gap.
ebay.com link: BEAUTIFUL VINTAGE PINBALL SET OF JUMBO FLIPPERS HIGH GRADE

#3685 6 years ago

Isn't statue of Liberty from GB II, but this pin is based on GB I? I don't get how this mod ties in exactly. Nice mold though.

#3686 6 years ago

Isn't statue of Liberty from GB II, but this pin is based on GB I? I don't get how this mod ties in exactly. Nice mold though.

The pin is based on both movies, not just the first one.

#3687 6 years ago

Everyone's favourite features are from 2. Scoleri Brothers. River of slime.

#3688 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Everyone's favourite features are from 2. Scoleri Brothers. River of slime.

What about Bobby Brown?

#3689 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

What about Bobby Brown?

the next code update from stern is held up because of the rights to bobby brown.

#3690 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the next code update from stern is held up because of the rights to bobby brown.

This can't be real... can it?

#3691 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

What about Bobby Brown?

he's here :

#3692 6 years ago

Latest code. I noticed when I bashed slimer and it's ready for select modes. The next mode lights are not blinking as they should be. Sometimes this happens.

#3693 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Latest code. I noticed when I bashed slimer and it's ready for select modes. The next mode lights are not blinking as they should be. Sometimes this happens.

Are you on premium? If so, did you hit the slimer in the ecto goggles?

#3694 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you on premium? If so, did you hit the slimer in the ecto goggles?

Yes i am on the premium, but i guess i never noticed the slimer in etco goggles. Do you need to hit that after bashing him?

#3695 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Yes i am on the premium, but i guess i never noticed the slimer in etco goggles. Do you need to hit that after bashing him?

Yes. Slimer will go away, but you still need to hit him in the goggles to light the modes.

#3696 6 years ago

I'd like to make this mod on my Premium. What size standoff should I use? Thanks!

#3697 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

he's here :
» YouTube video

this stuff would be way way better. jazz it up. i really get very tired of creepy fun sound. had a party zone too. had that theme sound. it drives me nuts. its almost biggest reason wanna lose mine. its too repeditive.
spirit some people wont go near it. this track is awesome!

#3698 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Slimer will go away, but you still need to hit him in the goggles to light the modes.

The slimmer is suppose to light the modes also after you hit him two or three times. I know exactly what he is talking about and what is strange is I've just recently noticed my game doing this very same thing occasionally. As far as I know, once you hit the slimer and he goes away, all of your mode lights should be flashing at that point and occasionally they don't.

#3699 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The slimmer is suppose to light the modes also after you hit him two or three times. I know exactly what he is talking about and what is strange is I've just recently noticed my game doing this very same thing occasionally. As far as I know, once you hit the slimer and he goes away, all of your mode lights should be flashing at that point and occasionally they don't.

Thanks. If you have to hit ecto goggles then you are locked into that ladders modes. Whitch is lame.

#3700 6 years ago

Sometimes a hit to the ecto goggles is required after beating Slimer, and other times it isn't. It seems completely random to me. My guess is it's a bug in the code. It would make the most sense if a hit to the ecto goggles was always required, but that hit didn't start the mode in that ladder.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/74?hl=gjm7777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.