B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 250.
#3551 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

I would pass on Arts protector only stops the right target before the the ramp, the left target does nothing to stop airballs, the material on Arts, does not cover enough of the left target to stop air balls, infact not even 1/2 the ball is covered when it hits the target (I even modified it to as per his recommendation). Also when ball goes up the ramp it grazes the protector, slowing the ball speed up the ramp, even modified and washers.
skip Arts and choose a better design.
Trying CPR9999's set of 2, will report back later.
see here » YouTube video

Dude Arts protectors work great so stfu already. You're not going to make to many friends here being a new member and coming on here and publicly trashing one of the nicest and most well respected people on this forum. Art did a HUGE favor to all GB owners by making the protectors for this game. You should be ashamed of yourself for real.

#3552 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

First, my model must have worked on many, and maybe failed a few. (between all vendors selling, I believe around 800 units)
This is due to variations in Sterns assembly.
Nonetheless, I'm no longer selling, so the advice from above is likely very valid.

It worked fine for me! Has protected my game for awhile now! Thanks for your work on it.

#3553 6 years ago

Art's protector works on my premium too

#3554 6 years ago

thnx goes out to imagamejunky for helping me install my art blades. For those that do this, do yourself a favor and just take out the PF, it was ridiculously easy.

#3555 6 years ago

No worries guys....Thanks!

The great news, is I am experiencing a 180 degree miraculous change in health due to a Prescription product in Europe, serrapeptase (with Natto), over the counter here, and have to share this with everyone!

I encourage anyone interested to read, but highly recommend blowing 20 bucks, and 3 people can do a 30 day run.

Amazon:
http://tinyurl.com/y9ss59tj

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The Only options from Conventional Medicine was a Risky heart surgery or Transplant.
OR sit on the couch and eat opiates!

#3556 6 years ago

Glad to hear it Art! We like having you around!

#3557 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Glad to hear it Art! We like having you around!

Thank you.
I must share this with the wife.....I think she wants me and the pins to go!
I'll move in with boob.

#3558 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dude Arts protectors work great so stfu already. You're not going to make to many friends here being a new member and coming on here and publicly trashing one of the nicest and most well respected people on this forum. Art did a HUGE favor to all GB owners by making the protectors for this game. You should be ashamed of yourself for real.

Just b/c I signed up 4 months ago doesn't mean I haven't read and viewed and browsed the forums/website for along while, mostly b/c your users like yourself, I could have been nicer I guess, I didn't cuss, I didn't threaten anyone.

See for yourself, it may b/c Stern made changes to the playfield so yeah the current design does not work as intended even modified with and with washers you can clearly see the ball will hit going up the ramp slowing the ball, I worked with Art, nice guy, but the product falls short for me. pictures attached, proof.... happy?

Guessing here, but maybe the 2017+ GB builds, this protector may or may not work. I think there is room for improvement regardless.

IMG_4668 (resized).jpgIMG_4668 (resized).jpg
IMG_4671 (resized).jpgIMG_4671 (resized).jpg
IMG_4672 (resized).JPGIMG_4672 (resized).JPG

#3559 6 years ago

I have the pro library mod for sale in the market.

20170803_144414 (resized).jpg20170803_144414 (resized).jpg

#3560 6 years ago

pictures attached, proof.... happy?

YES.

SpinalTap_192Pyxurz (resized).jpgSpinalTap_192Pyxurz (resized).jpg

#3561 6 years ago

Washers or standoffs would solve that...or this adjustment...sometimes this works...

Very happy if someone makes a "better" one.
Way past that now, for me.

BTW, I heard from a fellow pinsider looking for one of mine, and I believe Joe at Pingraffix has.
Curly has 2 types, Swinks has Angles, Public opinion adds foam, and as you suggest and more, I think there are 3-4 others, all "better"

So one has 6-8 choices on how to solve, and for a few..they have had to hand make.

So "better" is good, I just no longer wanted to guess what 2-4mm assembly variation a person had, or the drama.... as some are solved with slimer adjustments, or a better coverage.

Just b/c I signed up 4 months ago doesn't mean I haven't read and viewed and browsed the forums/website for along while, mostly b/c your users like yourself, I could have been nicer I guess, I didn't cuss, I didn't threaten anyone.
See for yourself, it may b/c Stern made changes to the playfield so yeah the current design does not work as intended even modified with and with washers you can clearly see the ball will hit going up the ramp slowing the ball, I worked with Art, nice guy, but the product falls short for me. pictures attached, proof.... happy?
Guessing here, but maybe the 2017+ GB builds, this protector may or may not work. I think there is room for improvement regardless.

Hole lengthening2 (resized).jpgHole lengthening2 (resized).jpg

#3562 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Washers or standoffs would solve that...or this adjustment...sometimes this works...
Very happy if someone makes a "better" one.
Way past that now, for me.
BTW, I heard from a fellow pinsider looking for one of mine, and I believe Joe at Pingraffix has.
Curly has 2 types, Swinks has Angles, Public opinion adds foam, and as you suggest and more, I think there are 3-4 others, all "better"
So one has 6-8 choices on how to solve, and for a few..they have had to hand make.
So "better" is good, I just no longer wanted to guess what 2-4mm assembly variation a person had, or the drama.... as some are solved with slimer adjustments, or a better coverage.

Art, we already tried this, I appreciated the help then and even now. I even went back again for a 3rd try, I dont have pics of the final modifying of the protector. I even have "shims" from another pinsider on here, it doesn't stop the airballs on the 2x standup target. So I am just giving my 2 cents it's not working for me, so off to try another design.

In general, I know we can never stop all air balls, but I grow tired of my 2x standup sending the ball hurling towards my helix ramp's crossover rail and bashing my playfield, off topic here = but I also get serious air balls on the ghost target that sends the ball towards the firehouse and library, also smashing/landing on my left captive ball plastic cover.

I will note, the 3x used send airballs, your design has stopped airballs on the 3x target, so I know we just need more lip over the 2x and less over the ramp entrance. I am also guessing here but other vendors don't want to use your design or modify it out of respect for you and copyrights, I am game for working towards a better design off your existing design, I mean you even have a diagram/PDF showing how to adjust/modify it, so it's a known work around.

#3563 6 years ago

Are you performing surgery on your pin?

#3564 6 years ago

I believe we spoke about 45 minutes by phone?

Of course, as always I truly hate when something fails, and always offer a refund.
I think the contention was it failed for you, but may not have failed for others...Im sure it did fail for some....

Im certain there is room for improvement, and I cant say whether your game represents all current production, or is an exception.

I know there are ways to 100% get better coverage, but with some designs from early runs, Slimer would hit...its simply, by the shear amount of products available, and revisions, that there isnt a single, always best solution, but indeed the one you recommend may be it.

I think the issue was your post presented itself as a promotion at the sake of degrading another product,
and I would hope we all strive to promote a product and its positives with respect to others...at least if its a guy who shows up and is here as a fellow hobbyist.

(We seem to be OK beating up on the Majors...?)

No worries here, I know you were trying to help.....moving on.....

#3565 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

This has probably been asked to death but a quick google search showed old results -- for those of you that have played both -- how do you feel about GB vs TWD (Pro versions) after the code updates and general gameplay? I'm considering attempting to trade my TWD for a GB because I'm a GB fanatic, but I want to make sure I'm making the right call. I don't have a place to play on location, sadly, so Pinside is my main information area.

GB is probably not a game you want as your only game.

Rob

#3566 6 years ago

Art, we already tried this, I appreciated the help then and even now. I even went back again for a 3rd try, I dont have pics of the final modifying of the protector. I even have "shims" from another pinsider on here, it doesn't stop the airballs on the 2x standup target. So I am just giving my 2 cents it's not working for me, so off to try another design.
In general, I know we can never stop all air balls, but I grow tired of my 2x standup sending the ball hurling towards my helix ramp's crossover rail and bashing my playfield, off topic here = but I also get serious air balls on the ghost target that sends the ball towards the firehouse and library, also smashing/landing on my left captive ball plastic cover.
I will note, the 3x used send airballs, your design has stopped airballs on the 3x target, so I know we just need more lip over the 2x and less over the ramp entrance. I am also guessing here but other vendors don't want to use your design or modify it out of respect for you and copyrights, I am game for working towards a better design off your existing design, I mean you even have a diagram/PDF showing how to adjust/modify it, so it's a known work around.

You can also remove the targets from under the playfield and add a slight 5 degree bend in the bracket so the target leans forward a bit. This will help reduce airballs alot. Or just shim the target so it mounts with that forward 5 degree angle.

Rob

#3567 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

GB is probably not a game you want as your only game

What would you say are the top 5 complimentary pins? I really like my GB but would like to add something beside it to offset the brutal games. I was thinking met maybe. SW doesn't do much for me after trying it.

#3568 6 years ago

Yup, if it doesn't work on your machine it doesn't work. That's to bad.

#3569 6 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

What would you say are the top 5 complimentary pins? I really like my GB but would like to add something beside it to offset the brutal games. I was thinking met maybe. SW doesn't do much for me after trying it.

something that has notoriously long plays. Like Twilight Zone.

I have a Williams Space station next to mine. However, even though Ghostbusters is Brutal, people go to it 95% of the time over the 'old' pin....

...kids these days...

gb (resized).jpggb (resized).jpg

#3570 6 years ago

Well maybe if you would have said that Arts protectors don't work on newer games it would have been different, but you just said "skip Arts and use a better design." My apologies for being nasty with you but Art is a great guy and it pissed me off.

Not being rude but I gotta ask.....why are you wearing latec gloves?

#3571 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well maybe if you would have said that Arts protectors don't work on newer games it would have been different, but you just said "skip Arts and use a better design." My apologies for being nasty with you but Art is a great guy and it pissed me off.
Not being rude but I gotta ask.....why are you wearing latec gloves?

I understand, I chose Arts protector due to the pinside community feedback, guess I got a screwy game.

so I don't get fingerprints on my glass and playfield plastics, I do wipe my glass and field down but one less thing to worry about.

#3572 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Dude, do the loop spring trick! I hated the Scoleris until I fixed the springs. Now they drop perfectly and I actually like them for the challenge. It's a 5-10 min. fix. No need to cut. Just pull the spring a bit and loop it around 10-12 rings down so it's a bit tighter.

Thank you and the post above. I have wanted to do something but didn't know and had the new springs. Still they won't drop. I'll try this!

#3573 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

thnx goes out to imagamejunky for helping me install my art blades. For those that do this, do yourself a favor and just take out the PF, it was ridiculously easy.

The art blades are awesome and I took my pf out as well. Less headache.

Art, your design offers ultimate protection and keeps working over and over again!
Ever consider a second career in the latex condom business?

#3574 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

The art blades are awesome and I took my pf out as well. Less headache.
Art, your design offers ultimate protection and keep working over and over again!
Ever consider a second career in the latex condom business?

Heres my Promo shot:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3575 6 years ago

Yes, Cointaker sales the firehouse mod sets, you do have to buy a set however, I only wanted firehouse so I got the less expensive set. included in the lower end set is green ooze for slimmer and spotlights, also later built GB's the green slimmer ooze does not fit the later built pins. the ooze is cheap looking does not match the colors, nor did I install the flipper bat covers.

Do you happen to have a link to the kit? I don't see it anywhere

#3576 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Do you happen to have a link to the kit? I don't see it anywhere

Sounds like he's talking about the same kit from Stern.
http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=6146368

#3577 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

You're welcome bud. Glad to help.

If anyone is interested, the key is using blue painters tape to hold it in place, then peel half of the backing off, and apply half the sticker at a time. Easy and precise. AND No need to spray any liquids!

Junky

#3578 6 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

That's way too subjective because everyone has different likes. You can't go wrong with MeT though since it's got solid code and layout. The music just doesn't do anything for me.

Rob

#3579 6 years ago

Arts air ball protector has been working great on my GB.(Thanks Art and good luck on your medical problems) Even my Scoleri brothers worked right out of the box. My only GB and AS problems have been the cabinet which I fixed. I played a non-airball GB before I bought mine so I can say some kind of protector is needed. I added a pinball life lower playfield kit as well.

So far I've had zero service calls this summer from my Stern games (AS and GB). Also I've had zero problems with WOZ though I averaged 2 calls per summer on WOZ the last 2 years in addition to the multiple problems I had during my ownership months of October through April. I guess it goes to show that JJP can make a reliable game once it's dialed in.

#3580 6 years ago

Hey folks- copied design from pinside guy who came up with new variation. Additionally, I have one that came with my machine (not sure if it was Arts but looks like it). It is for sale.

I was getting ball stuck and some airballs, so I recreated someone else's design which works. See pictures below, note the areas in pink to see the 2 different designs.

I am sure every design can be tweaked to make it better. Also sounds like Art is good guy.

Lastly I have a few left of the new design for sale on pinside Mods page and will probably not make a 3rd run.

IMG_3953 (resized).JPGIMG_3953 (resized).JPG

IMG_3951 (resized).JPGIMG_3951 (resized).JPG

#3581 6 years ago

Yup, Yours will work better, but a year ago, alt designs were soft "veto'd", when I made about 8 different protos.

The one you have for sale, with the engraving, is from Little Shop of Games.

There are a few subtle, but distinct differences.

#3582 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yup, Yours will work better, but a year ago, alt designs were soft "veto'd", when I made about 8 different protos.
The one you have for sale, with the engraving, is from Little Shop of Games.
There are a few subtle, but distinct differences.

Thanks Art. I was not sure where it came from.

#3583 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Also can anyone recommend an air ball mod for the Pro variant? I asked someone at Modfather and they told me theirs supported both Pro and Premium (incorrect after ordering it and installing it, the Slimer bangs into the plastic from the mod.)
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/ghostbusters-air-ball-deflector-coming-soon
I'm assuming the Premium/LE don't have this issue due to Slimer being further out in the playfield since he swings back and forth. I've had a lot of balls go flying and I think I've just been lucky up to this point to not have anything shatter.

I ordered same kit for my NIB Pro..came in yesterday..slimer couldn't register hit...I emailed Modfather..here was their reply..
Hi Kevin,
We actually just realized few days ago that the slimer mech on newer games has been modified, and the pro version air airball deflector has to be re-designed to allow clearance of the slimer. We are currently in the process of changing it, and should have a new revision tomorrow. I will mail you a new revised one next week. No need to send the other one back.
Regards,
Chuck

modfather stands behind their gear..nice to know

#3584 6 years ago

Finally got to play a GB Pro on location today. Can definitely say that this game is brutally hard but I enjoy a good challenge! Highest score of the night was over 300mil but when I got to mass hysteria, the game shut down and rebooted which was weird. Maybe it was a coding issue? Regardless I have no idea what I would've finished that game with. Highest official score of a finished game was over 238mil. Shot over 200mil three different games. Not too bad I don't think for my first time playing! A lot of air balls out of the storage facility and the scoleri bros though! And what's up with the really short in and outlane posts? Had a lot of balls jumping over into the outlane but thankfully there is a fix for that! Did anybody else ever have the game reboot during Mass Hysteria though? That was just strange!

#3585 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

After a bunch of 40-150m games all hell breaks loose and you end up with an awesome game. Got to love pinball!
The only issue I would like to address is from time to time, the ball gets stuck bouncing around the top left pop bumper and the Gozer the gozerian insert... it just bounces in a triangle pattern sometimes it takes shaking the machine to break it loose...

Been having this same problem, although it's more than time to time.. it's every game. Ball gets stuck just like this. I've tried different pitches and levels, short of changing the rubber on the left of the pops to something more stiff or adjusting the sensitivity of the pop bumper. Has anyone done anything that has fixed this?

#3586 6 years ago

Finally got to play Ghostbusters Pro...I think I'm in love.

#3587 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

We have a winner

#3588 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

We have a winner

From what I can tell with my little time so far with the game, it's just as difficult as TWD (maybe some things are even a little more so), but it's more light hearted and fun...more color...and just all around neat things referencing the movies on the playfield. I really like that, as a huge fanatic of GB and GB2.

#3589 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

From what I can tell with my little time so far with the game, it's just as difficult as TWD (maybe some things are even a little more so), but it's more light hearted and fun...more color...and just all around neat things referencing the movies on the playfield. I really like that, as a huge fanatic of GB and GB2.

You shouldn't have a problem selling your twd best pin ever made imo

#3590 6 years ago

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Stay Puft is one of the coolest modes in a pinball game ever? I still haven't defeated him yet but I think the shots and the animation is way too cool!

#3591 6 years ago

I played a bunch of SW pro and man I love my Ghostbusters!

#3592 6 years ago

So I have a GB Premium with a march build date. Couple issues, the biggest one is the shot from the left to subway ramp hardly registers.

It happens only about 15 percent of the shots... seems to be the speed of the ball, fast ones will not register. Is there an optoswitch that needs adjusted? Doesn't seem to be mechanical.

#3593 6 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

So I have a GB Premium with a march build date. Couple issues, the biggest one is the shot from the left to subway ramp hardly registers.
It happens only about 15 percent of the shots... seems to be the speed of the ball, fast ones will not register. Is there an optoswitch that needs adjusted? Doesn't seem to be mechanical.

There is a mechanical switch at the top of that ramp that may need some adjustment. It is right next to the 14 Street sign.

#3594 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

There is a mechanical switch at the top of that ramp that may need some adjustment. It is right next to the 14 Street sign.

Yep this here ^^^

Also if your switch under the ecto goggles doesn't register on hard fast shots, there is a piece of Mylar between the ecto goggles and that switch that is causing the problem. Take that off and that switch will register 100 percent of the time.

#3595 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

?...Did anybody else ever have the game reboot during Mass Hysteria though? That was just strange!

Go through your whole machine. Make sure ALL of the rj45 ethernet connectors are seated firmly in their sockets.
Junky

#3596 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Stay Puft is one of the coolest modes in a pinball game ever? I still haven't defeated him yet but I think the shots and the animation is way too cool!

My favorite mode is 'Ballroom' (followed by spook central) because it's one of the most balanced out of them all. I think Gozer is probably the worst scene (right now) because it's the most unbalanced as far as the way the shots are and the time you are given.
Stay Puft is the most unbalanced for scoring, way more points than any of the others. It is fun though!

Timers.... sometimes I hate them because it's sometimes it's used as a way to make a mode harder to complete. But when every mode is running off a timer it's a bit too much of that. That's what I like about SW is that it seems only 1 mission (?) has a timer. I don't always want to feel rushed when playing a game. ST also had a good mix of timed and non timed.

Rob

#3597 6 years ago

Well, so far, after beating stay puft and starting wcws a couple of times, this is officially my favorite machine I've owned so far.

#3598 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Stay Puft is the most unbalanced for scoring, way more points than any of the others. It is fun though!

I'm no code, scoring expert like some of the guys on the forum, but to me that's the way it should be for a game with linear code. The first mode scores low, the second a little higher, and so on. It's a reward for getting there and it's not easy getting to Stay Puft.

I picked up a premium two weeks ago and have mixed feelings on it so far. The pin itself is fun to play, but a ballbuster. I'm not a fan of the stop and go play with Tobins spirit guide, video modes (I hate video modes) and starting or ending a mode while locking a ball.

My boy can't get enough of the pin so it won't be leaving the house any time soon.

#3599 6 years ago

Yes! If you get to the later modes, the player should be rewarded with huge scores. This is not a bad thing.

#3600 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Congrats! GB Pro is my only current one (TAF and Austin Powers in the past). Wanting a second one eventually....SW Pro or GOT Pro are my desired. Maybe LOTR, but I don't want to spend more than $5,000...thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 49.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.