IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,413 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 249.
#3501 6 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

If Gb is your only pin it will get old fast.... TWD is deeper in code. I have a GB i love it, but you need other games, id keep TWD and stack maybe some older titles with it. For the price of a GB you could add a 2 pins. Worldcup soccer anyone?

GB and WC94 are the two I have so far, they complement each other perfectly!

#3502 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

This has probably been asked to death but a quick google search showed old results -- for those of you that have played both -- how do you feel about GB vs TWD (Pro versions) after the code updates and general gameplay? I'm considering attempting to trade my TWD for a GB because I'm a GB fanatic, but I want to make sure I'm making the right call. I don't have a place to play on location, sadly, so Pinside is my main information area.

Honestly, I think you should save your money and buy a second pin. You had Star Wars for a couple weeks, TWD for one and now you are looking to trade again. I quickly learned a one pin collection is tough because I was constantly looking at all of the other options out there. I would think that trade after trade, you will eventually lose quite a bit of money. One pin will always get old and you will never find THE ONE that will make you happy 24/7 which is why you should try to add at least one more. This is just my two cents.

#3503 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love my GB and my TWD both a lot, but if I had to get rid of one it would have to be GB. TWD is a masterpiece.

not me i GOT rid of my TWDLE yes i enjoyed it but it aint no GB!

#3504 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love my GB and my TWD both a lot, but if I had to get rid of one it would have to be GB. TWD is a masterpiece.

Agreed. I have a GB Premium and a TWD Pro. I love both, but TWD is the better and more complete game (especially with the sound mod). If we're comparing Pro to Pro, it's not even close.

#3505 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Agreed. I have a GB Premium and a TWD Pro. I love both, but TWD is the better and more complete game (especially with the sound mod). If we're comparing Pro to Pro, it's not even close.

I also have GB Premium and TWD Pro and agree with you wholeheartedly. GB will be the first to go and TWD might never go.

#3506 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Same here, GB Premium and TWD Pro. They are both keepers for me but TWD just has it all and it's so challenging that no average player is going to ever master it get bored with it.

#3507 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Starting to pick up some mods for my GB Pro, what would you guys recommend for the captive balls? I'm pretty sure I'm going with the standard green on the left and pink in the center, but what balls specifically would you recommend? Fluorescent or glow in the dark? Any specific manufacturer? Some of the pages I've been looking at are fairly confusing as far as what they selling. For example:
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-slimer-pinballs?variant=16895844484
That is listed as a set of 4 slimer green captive balls, but the color choices are blue and pink. Does that mean that you also get a set of blue or pink ones for the center captive balls or is it just a site error?

This is the same one I have. 3 green balls for the left and one pink ball for the middle captive. They really make the game look good. Id recommend these

#3508 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

This has probably been asked to death but a quick google search showed old results -- for those of you that have played both -- how do you feel about GB vs TWD (Pro versions) after the code updates and general gameplay? I'm considering attempting to trade my TWD for a GB because I'm a GB fanatic, but I want to make sure I'm making the right call. I don't have a place to play on location, sadly, so Pinside is my main information area.

I have both in the Premium versions. I plan on keeping them both. However, if I HAD to get rid of one it would be the GB. TWD is just a better game. You can just enjoy it right out of the box without changing anything. GB requires tweaks and mods immediately. Mine STILL isn't perfect. About 10% of the auto-plunges still make the ball hit stay puft and then bounce around for example. Airballs are CRAZY and require a mod to stop them. Also, the more I play GB, the more I dislike the flippers. There's definitely something different with the FEEL. I haven't tried adjusting the switches yet but they just feel clunky compared to TWD (and others). Trying to do a post pass is a real pain in the ass for example. A brand spanking new pin should NOT have as many problems as GB does.
I know you asked about the pros. GB pro is missing some of the vital components that the Premium has. These extra features are important. The evil magna slings, subway ramp/lock, and horizontally moving slimer for example.
You may regret trading out your TWD for the GB. Especially if you're going GB Pro. You should play one first.
Just my opinions...
Junky

#3509 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I have both in the Premium versions. I plan on keeping them both. However, if I HAD to get rid of one it would be the GB. TWD is just a better game. You can just enjoy it right out of the box without changing anything. GB requires tweaks and mods immediately. Mine STILL isn't perfect. About 10% of the auto-plunges still make the ball hit stay puft and then bounce around for example. Airballs are CRAZY and require a mod to stop them. Also, the more I play GB, the more I dislike the flippers. There's definitely something different with the FEEL. I haven't tried adjusting the switches yet but they just feel clunky compared to TWD (and others). Trying to do a post pass is a real pain in the ass for example. A brand spanking new pin should NOT have as many problems as GB does.
I know you asked about the pros. GB pro is missing some of the vital components that the Premium has. These extra features are important. The evil magna slings, subway ramp/lock, and horizontally moving slimer for example.
You may regret trading out your TWD for the GB. Especially if you're going GB Pro. You should play one first.
Just my opinions...
Junky

The post passing problems has something to do with the new spike system. That does kinda suck for sure. It can still be done but with far less success.

#3510 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I like GB, but I don't consider it a keeper in a smaller collection.

Funny, since it's the only game in my collection.

#3511 6 years ago

TWD is a fun game, but really doesn't have the unique features of GB, like magna slings, subway lock, and Ecto Googles.

And it's in mono with shitty voice acting.

So yeah, no comparison there.

#3512 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Funny, since it's the only game in my collection.

Not really funny. More likely I'm just a better player than you are.

I think GB is a masterpiece to look at. Not so much to play. After getting through the entire game several times and realizing WARTB is giant turd of a wizard mode, it doesn't really make me want to play it all that much anymore.

#3513 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Not really funny. More likely I'm just a better player than you are.
I think GB is a masterpiece to look at. Not so much to play. After getting through the entire game several times and realizing WARTB is giant turd of a wizard mode, it doesn't really make me want to play it all that much anymore.

Very funny.

More likely you just like to complain.

You're in the wrong thread, troll elsewhere.

#3514 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

TWD is a fun game, but really doesn't have the unique features of GB, like magna slings, subway lock, and Ecto Googles.
And it's in mono with shitty voice acting.
So yeah, no comparison there.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions -- i'd like to point out though, that if I were to get a GB, it'd be a Pro, and it doesn't have any of those 3 things.

#3515 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

a masterpiece to look at. Not so much to play

I knew a few women like that, in my youth.

#3516 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I knew a few women like that, in my youth.

can I get an amen

#3517 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions -- i'd like to point out though, that if I were to get a GB, it'd be a Pro, and it doesn't have any of those 3 things.

In a battle of Pro's, I'll admit it's much closer. TWD Pro seems to be not missing as much as GB Pro is.

#3518 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

In a battle of Pro's, I'll admit it's much closer. TWD Pro seems to be not missing as much as GB Pro is.

Do you prefer TWD on the Pro side?

#3519 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Do you prefer TWD on the Pro side?

Hard to say......but GB Pro plays weird to me. I didn't notice too much change on TWD Pro.

#3520 6 years ago

It's interesting, after I go out to barcades and try a bunch of pins I usually come home and play GB again. It's still just so fun for me. Also +1 for WC94. I'd like to add that one day.

#3521 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

can I get an amen

heyyyyy.....i know you!!!!

#3522 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

heyyyyy.....i know you!!!!

You sure you do sexy beast.

#3523 6 years ago

Air ball protector.
Few sets left, PM me if interested. Check out video in the link below as well as details on the plastics.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-air-ball-protector-right-gate-orbit-prote

pic7 (resized).jpgpic7 (resized).jpgpic5 (resized).jpgpic5 (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protector

#3524 6 years ago

Hey all, pretty new here after lurking for some time however I have a GB Premium on the way this week.

So far I have the lane plastics, the airball plastics, Scoleri springs, and a shooter lane kickout protector kit from pinball life.

I do have additional things coming from Cliff but that will be a few weeks out.

I plan on using some painters tape at the ball drain until I get everything, but not sure what I can really do around the drop targets for now. The thought of having to leave a NIB pin alone and unplayed until I can get everything is killing my wood.

Am I being over cautious? Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for having me,
G

#3525 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

It's your game. No being over cautious when it's your game. I would say making sure the drop targets are flush with the playfield is most important. Imo Cliffys aren't needed if they are flush.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3526 6 years ago

Thanks very much.

Forgive me, but which parts would I need to adjust in order to help them sit flush. *edit it looks like these two screws but not sure.

Looking at the online manual here

drop (resized).PNGdrop (resized).PNG

drop 2 (resized).PNGdrop 2 (resized).PNG

#3527 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

This is the same one I have. 3 green balls for the left and one pink ball for the middle captive. They really make the game look good. Id recommend these

Thanks! They just arrived today along with the clear airball protector mod, installing them this evening.

#3528 6 years ago

This just happened!

IMG_0993 (resized).JPGIMG_0993 (resized).JPG

#3529 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Hey all, pretty new here after lurking for some time however I have a GB Premium on the way this week.
So far I have the lane plastics, the airball plastics, Scoleri springs, and a shooter lane kickout protector kit from pinball life.
I plan on using some painters tape at the ball drain until I get everything, but not sure what I can really do around the drop targets for now.
G

I installed the Cliffys at the drop targets and had nothing but airballs coming off the left target - not matter how perfectly I adjusted it. In the end I removed the Cliffy and replaced it with a small mylar to protect that edge.
Also recommend you test adjusting the existing springs prior to stalling the aftermarket version. Details are located in this thread but it takes less than 5 minutes to perform.

#3530 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I plan on using some painters tape at the ball drain until I get everything, but not sure what I can really do around the drop targets for now. The thought of having to leave a NIB pin alone and unplayed until I can get everything is killing my wood.
Thanks for having me,
G

I played mine while I was waiting on my cliffy's, I say play it and enjoy it. The biggest thing that I recommend on GB is that you turn down the trough eject power because it very possibly could damage your shooter lane IMO. The ball shoots out into the shooter lane ridiculously hard compared to other pins. I turned mine down to the lowest setting and it works just fine. GB is a great game and you are going to love it!

#3531 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice all, I really appreciate it.

#3532 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Thanks for the advice all, I really appreciate it.

I didnt bother with the drop target cliffys, in fact, I turned them off, they annoy the crap out of me. lol

#3533 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I didnt bother with the drop target cliffys, in fact, I turned them off, they annoy the crap out of me. lol

I have done the same and working on a little project

#3534 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I have thought about turning them off also. I think the game would be better off without them, especially since they never drop when you hit the damn things. I know I can cut some off of the spring to help the issue but I just haven't done it yet. I wish they would have never been put into the game though truthfully.

#3535 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have thought about turning them off also. I think the game would be better off without them, especially since they never drop when you hit the damn things. I know I can cut some off of the spring to help the issue but I just haven't done it yet. I wish they would have never been put into the game though truthfully.

You don't need to cut the spring. You can just "shorten" it by reattaching it effectively reducing the usable length by about 1/4. This fixed the problem for me 100%. Those little bastards drop every time!
Junky

#3536 6 years ago

Dude, do the loop spring trick! I hated the Scoleris until I fixed the springs. Now they drop perfectly and I actually like them for the challenge. It's a 5-10 min. fix. No need to cut. Just pull the spring a bit and loop it around 10-12 rings down so it's a bit tighter.

#3537 6 years ago

Thanks for the tip guys, i will try that as soon as I get a chance. I thought people were cutting the springs down a couple of coils.

#3538 6 years ago

and aim these targets with a reverse shoot, its near 100% working (and safe) as it
as yes, a direct hit is often a pain...

#3539 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Dude, do the loop spring trick! I hated the Scoleris until I fixed the springs. Now they drop perfectly and I actually like them for the challenge. It's a 5-10 min. fix. No need to cut. Just pull the spring a bit and loop it around 10-12 rings down so it's a bit tighter.

Any chance you have a pic of this?

I thought the end of the spring was open for connecting, so if you pull the spring to use the middle, how does it get looped?

#3540 6 years ago

I was able to put the notch through the loop on the spring fairly easily. You shouldn't need an open loop. I'll try to get a pic sometime soon, but give it a shot.

#3541 6 years ago

Since we are talking about the Scoleri Brothers, does anyone know how the callout works? Is there a time based aspect to getting it to shout the "Two in the Box!" call out or is it just random? Sometimes it plays and sometimes it doesn't(it's one of my favorite callouts from both movies).

#3542 6 years ago

"GB is a great game and you are going to love it!"

Just don't let yourself cheat the skill shot, or your friends. Oh, and don't reach the final wizard mode. It's broken too. Other than that it's a fun little game with great music. And the cabinet looks pretty too

#3543 6 years ago

Also can anyone recommend an air ball mod for the Pro variant? I asked someone at Modfather and they told me theirs supported both Pro and Premium (incorrect after ordering it and installing it, the Slimer bangs into the plastic from the mod.)
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/ghostbusters-air-ball-deflector-coming-soon
I'm assuming the Premium/LE don't have this issue due to Slimer being further out in the playfield since he swings back and forth. I've had a lot of balls go flying and I think I've just been lucky up to this point to not have anything shatter.

#3544 6 years ago

So my premium came in today, build date is april 2017.

It looks like the pf is lined on both sides with metal rails, i was going to install a shooter lane protector but id have to tap metal. Is it possible stern started making these different?

I also cant find a date for my playfield, but its in great condition so far. No idea how long it could take for ghosting to start though. There are numbers written, but I dont see any date stamps.

It came with 1.13 code installed

Cabinet build was great, top and bottom, no corner or seam issues.

Lastly the drop targets seem to work just fine and are level out of the box.

15017314697951535119012 (resized).jpg15017314697951535119012 (resized).jpg
15017315668221315018814 (resized).jpg15017315668221315018814 (resized).jpg
15017316103611285637396 (resized).jpg15017316103611285637396 (resized).jpg

#3545 6 years ago

I want the 3D Firehouse Station Mod, can I get it anywhere beside the Stern mod collection? I don't care of the other mods offered in the pack, (well, maybe the PKE mod)

#3546 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I want the 3D Firehouse Station Mod, can I get it anywhere beside the Stern mod collection? I don't care of the other mods offered in the pack, (well, maybe the PKE mod)

Nope.

#3547 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Also can anyone recommend an air ball mod for the Pro variant? I asked someone at Modfather and they told me theirs supported both Pro and Premium (incorrect after ordering it and installing it, the Slimer bangs into the plastic from the mod.)
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/ghostbusters-air-ball-deflector-coming-soon
I'm assuming the Premium/LE don't have this issue due to Slimer being further out in the playfield since he swings back and forth. I've had a lot of balls go flying and I think I've just been lucky up to this point to not have anything shatter.

I have Arts protector on my Pro. Works great.

#3548 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I would pass on Arts protector only stops the right target before the the ramp, the left target does nothing to stop airballs, the material on Arts, does not cover enough of the left target to stop air balls, infact not even 1/2 the ball is covered when it hits the target (I even modified it to as per his recommendation). Also when ball goes up the ramp it grazes the protector, slowing the ball speed up the ramp, even modified and washers.

skip Arts and choose a better design.

Trying CPR9999's set of 2, will report back later.

see here

#3549 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes, Cointaker sales the firehouse mod sets, you do have to buy a set however, I only wanted firehouse so I got the less expensive set. included in the lower end set is green ooze for slimmer and spotlights, also later built GB's the green slimmer ooze does not fit the later built pins. the ooze is cheap looking does not match the colors, nor did I install the flipper bat covers.

#3550 6 years ago

First, my model must have worked on many, and maybe failed a few. (between all vendors selling, I believe around 800 units)

This is due to variations in Sterns assembly.

Nonetheless, I'm no longer selling, so the advice from above is likely very valid.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
There are 12,413 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.