New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 158155)

Ghostbusters Club - We Got One!!!

By 30FathomDave

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,824 posts
  • 712 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 minutes ago by fattdirk
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,650 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Gozer Scan 600.pdf (PDF preview)
E945CA4C-38FE-43DD-930B-2A71637EBC84 (resized).jpeg
7330D805-47D7-432D-A4BF-D481785CC7AA (resized).jpeg
3EBED90E-4C00-4621-BCB0-FD479D1871F8 (resized).jpeg
Right Card Watermarked (resized).jpg
Left Card Watermarked (resized).jpg
1C1946E5-6E24-4B31-A1A8-8D23B4F0C1CF (resized).jpeg
C67F6957-246E-4063-8D16-F91C73CC6A72 (resized).jpeg
06B5A2A2-9BEB-493C-8BDD-B68418A1382D (resized).jpeg
23221DAF-699F-413D-95C2-22B33BAF4041 (resized).jpeg
D1C69F89-85FF-4840-9A30-1C11A203607E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20201026_1152158 (resized).jpg
C0DB7DA9-960E-4242-B4F1-2F44843ED9AD (resized).jpeg
7490D055-E920-4E7D-87DA-67B826E2FCB6 (resized).jpeg
AF372D96-1459-4815-83D6-9572EE96C0D8 (resized).jpeg
E4A5BF03-BD63-4FF8-A5D6-42CE33B183A4 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8824 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 177.
#3451 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just curious, what are some of your guys high scores on GB?

5billion and some change

#3452 3 years ago

^^^ same here

#3453 3 years ago

Quick update on my Stay Puft issue. The loose wire came off the servo board. It's now reattached and working fine. I don't see how the two could be related, but the right orbit switch is now working again.

So now all I need is a new bracket, which Mezel's going to send me. I should be back to busting ghosts soon.

#3454 3 years ago

What an amazing machine. Hopefully will be joining this club soon.

#3455 3 years ago

While watching my son play, I noticed that the coin mech lights join in on the light show, turning on and off certain times during game play.

#3456 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

5billion and some change

Nice score, only about 2.3 billion here.

#3457 3 years ago

Through the power of Krazy Glue, I managed to Frankenstein my motorized Stay Puft bracket back together. I'm still going to replace the bracket though, in case it doesn't hold up.

I fired the game up, and as fate would have it, I got to Stay Puft for the first time ever (I lit it like a month ago and then drained).

This is my new best score:

IMG_1797 (resized).JPG

#3458 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You're right. Premium tells you after each lock many you have. Not sure why they didn't do this on the pro.

The pro does, in a way. First one the DMD says Storage. The second one it says Storage Facility.

If I remember correctly.

Rob

#3459 3 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Well... crap. I played like three games, and then a wild ball snapped my brand new Stay Puft bracket.

Any update? Waiting to install mine but don't want this to happen. Are we going to need another plastic protector now for the bracket?

#3460 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Any update? Waiting to install mine but don't want this to happen. Are we going to need another plastic protector now for the bracket?

No, I think we're fine. Mine was snapped by the weirdest airball I've ever seen. I dont think I could reproduce it if you gave me 1000 tries.

#3461 3 years ago

I've been playing the heck out of my GB since installing the walking Stay Puft. No issues yet.

#3462 3 years ago

So I haven't received my table yet (GB Pro) but I'm planning my Mods. My question is when do I need to add a aux power supply such as this one on Pinball Life - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4052

#3463 3 years ago

No, I think we're fine. Mine was snapped by the weirdest airball I've ever seen. I dont think I could reproduce it if you gave me 1000 tries.

Do you know where it hit? (right side?) Did it hit Stay Puft and then the bracket snapped at the pivot point - this is 3D printed looks like. It does not look like a ball will fit in there?

#3464 3 years ago

I can make this protector with a "U shape" extension to the plastic protector.
Although I need to check ball launch - might interfere.

I also purchased Stay Puft mod - will look this weekend.

pic5 - Copy (2) (resized).jpg

#3465 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Do you know where it hit? (right side?) Did it hit Stay Puft and then the bracket snapped at the pivot point - this is 3D printed looks like. It does not look like a ball will fit in there?

It hit all the way up by his head (and it hit HARD)! Like I said, craziest airball I've ever had on the game... or any game, for that matter. It figures it would happen only AFTER installing this awesome mod. The break happened at the pivot point. Here's a pic:

IMG_1795 (resized).JPG

I don't want to cause any undue panic. I really do feel this was a freak thing that no one else is likely to encounter. My advice: install it and enjoy.

Since my Krazy Glue session yesterday, it's still holding up and working great.

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from ericb:

So I haven't received my table yet (GB Pro) but I'm planning my Mods. My question is when do I need to add a aux power supply such as this one on Pinball Life - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4052

What voltage mods, 12 or 5v or a combination?

#3467 3 years ago

It hit all the way up by his head (and it hit HARD)! Like I said, craziest airball I've ever had on the game... or any game, for that matter. It figures it would happen only AFTER installing this awesome mod. The break happened at the pivot point. Here's a pic:

I don't want to cause any undue panic. I really do feel this was a freak thing that no one else is likely to encounter. My advice: install it and enjoy.

That should be twice as thick if you ask me. I wonder why they made it so thin.

#3468 3 years ago

OK, got it - does not sound like we could have prevented it (plastic protected that)!

However, looking at mine, that is the weak part of the pivot mechanism. It should be twice as thick plastic in this area.
I am sure Stay Puft can operate forever under normal conditions with this mechanical pivot mechanism design.
However, if it is SIDE loaded (say with a ball hit on Stay Puft - this is where stress can break that joint). Time will tell if this is an issue as others will hit Stay Puft in other areas.

Thanks for posting.

#3469 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Agree - we were posting at the same time - twice as thick.

#3470 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree - we were posting at the same time - twice as thick.

Maybe put a nice thick layer of JB Weld on both sides.

#3471 3 years ago

As the part is 3D printed it should be easily adjusted. Maybe mezelmods could provide the part files so you could 3D print it yourself.

#3472 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I haven't got my Stay Puft mod yet. For $150 it should last a lifetime. I'd be interested to hear from who designed it. Is the taper for looks ? Or was there no room to make it thicker? Is there some downside to making it thicker?

#3473 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What voltage mods, 12 or 5v or a combination?

That I'm not sure about yet because the only mod I've chosen so far is the shaker and that install will be a snap. Is it correct to assume that if I add several mods with LEDs I'll need another 5 volt supply eventually? I work in a field that requires me to repair
electronic equipment but I'm a definite noob when it comes to modifying a pin.

#3474 3 years ago

Maybe they can setup the replacement part at Shapeways as then it would be solid nylon. That is the downside of home 3d printers as the parts are only a % of fill (not solid) and therefore weaker. Make sure to reach out to Mezel as sure they would replace for you, and make any necessary changes.

#3475 3 years ago
Quoted from ericb:

That I'm not sure about yet because the only mod I've chosen so far is the shaker and that install will be a snap. Is it correct to assume that if I add several mods with LEDs I'll need another 5 volt supply eventually? I work in a field that requires me to repair
electronic equipment but I'm a definite noob when it comes to modifying a pin.

I "think" most mods are 12v or 6.3v. My and beatmasters mods are 12v.

#3476 3 years ago
Quoted from ericb:

Is it correct to assume that if I add several mods with LEDs I'll need another 5 volt supply eventually?

Adding a few wont be any issue...as an example, I have 3-7 SMD Strips, 6.3V, running off the 5V line.
Thats 21 bright LEDs in total.

#3477 3 years ago

My son keeping a watchful eye on our new GB prem.

20246017_10154806545693059_5165504549361876508_n (resized).jpg

#3478 3 years ago

I'll be streaming GB Pro with the walking Stay Puft mod tonight at 8 Eastern if you want to see it in action: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#3479 3 years ago

If anyone is interested in attaching a sub to their Ghostbusters or other SPIKE game, I have one for sale.
I bought it and decided I didn't need it. I've never used it.
It's $35 retail, just asking $20.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/51481

Added over 3 years ago: ****PENDING****

#3480 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I'll be streaming GB Pro with the walking Stay Puft mod tonight at 8 Eastern if you want to see it in action: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Looked for the video, did you post?

Btw...

I'm in the club

IMG_5132 (resized).JPG

IMG_5133 (resized).JPG

#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Btw...
I'm in the club

Congrats on your new game! The GB video is up from Kevin on Twitch. He is a good player and you can learn a lot from his Ghostbusters videos.

#3482 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Btw...
I'm in the club

Sure did! Streamed for two hours and Stay Puft got his steps in. The VOD is here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161993241

#3483 3 years ago

So glad I didn't listen to the naysayers on this one this is the most fun I have had playing pinball in a long time.

#3484 3 years ago

.....and for me, 1 year later, nothing but fun, too!

#3485 3 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

So glad I didn't listen to the naysayers on this one this is the most fun I have had playing pinball in a long time.

Here's what I have found with Ghostbusters. If im not really into playing and turn the game on to play a few games I always do terrible seems like. I've even thought to myself.....good God what a freakin drain monster this game is, but if I am serious and really try hard I can have some good games and a lot of fun usually. This game here, you really have to be into it seems like to do well. It's like TWD, you have to be prepared to fight with it. I can see where new and casual players could hate this game. I personally think the flipper gap was a mistake and they shouldn't have made it that way, or they should have at least put a center post in there. It doesn't bother me too bad because I'm a decent player, but for players that aren't very good I can see why some are turned off by this game.

#3486 3 years ago

Tomorrow is the big day! My NIB GB Premium is being delivered tomorrow and I'm looking forward to becoming a member of the club at long last.

#3487 3 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Tomorrow is the big day! My NIB GB Premium is being delivered tomorrow and I'm looking forward to becoming a member of the club at long last.

Congrats, you made a great choice and you ate going to love it!

#3488 3 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

GB is very different from other pins Ive owned. Ive had my LE in the house for about a month. All side shots are very hard. The subway shot is fairly easy, but requires you to shoot hard, so it is easy to lose control of the ball. ...and it plays fast. So, its really, really challenging...which I like. Still trying to understand scoring, but thats ok. I like that it is so different...

#3489 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

#3490 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

12b in the first few weeks I had it. Between 6-8b since. I reset all the high scores except gc. (29 looping supers)

#3491 3 years ago

This has probably been asked to death but a quick google search showed old results -- for those of you that have played both -- how do you feel about GB vs TWD (Pro versions) after the code updates and general gameplay? I'm considering attempting to trade my TWD for a GB because I'm a GB fanatic, but I want to make sure I'm making the right call. I don't have a place to play on location, sadly, so Pinside is my main information area.

#3492 3 years ago

I have both and I like GB a little more because of the theme. Both games are very fun, but i can actually achieve more on GB. You get used to the gap and how to keep the ball in play, it made me a better player for sure.
And i wish i would have seen your ad trading SW first

#3493 3 years ago

I debated a pro purchase between GB, TWD, & AS. I went with GB after putting 30 plays on each one.

#3494 3 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

This has probably been asked to death but a quick google search showed old results -- for those of you that have played both -- how do you feel about GB vs TWD (Pro versions) after the code updates and general gameplay? I'm considering attempting to trade my TWD for a GB because I'm a GB fanatic, but I want to make sure I'm making the right call. I don't have a place to play on location, sadly, so Pinside is my main information area.

That's the exact trade I made.

I think TWD is a solid game. Just wasn't playing it as much.

If you don't baby down GB it's very similar in that you are immediately punished for missing a shot.

I like GB, but I don't consider it a keeper in a smaller collection.

#3495 3 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I've only played the two on location, but I have played them both quite a bit. I prefer GB in almost every category. It has a ton of satisfying shots. There is a lot going on but it is manageable. The skill shot is a nice challenge, my only complaint with it is that it is hard to see it back there with all the stuff in the way.

I like TWD for the prison and well walker toys, but that one ramp is too steep and the skill shot is too easy. TWD not just as deep as GB and the presentation isn't as great (art and audio particularly).

#3496 3 years ago

Id go with mood.....TWD, is dark, blood bath, killing Zombies and GB is light and family fun....
Both great games, IMO, with TWD being a better rule set for serious play.

#3497 3 years ago

Starting to pick up some mods for my GB Pro, what would you guys recommend for the captive balls? I'm pretty sure I'm going with the standard green on the left and pink in the center, but what balls specifically would you recommend? Fluorescent or glow in the dark? Any specific manufacturer? Some of the pages I've been looking at are fairly confusing as far as what they selling. For example:
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-slimer-pinballs?variant=16895844484
That is listed as a set of 4 slimer green captive balls, but the color choices are blue and pink. Does that mean that you also get a set of blue or pink ones for the center captive balls or is it just a site error?

#3498 3 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Starting to pick up some mods for my GB Pro, what would you guys recommend for the captive balls? I'm pretty sure I'm going with the standard green on the left and pink in the center, but what balls specifically would you recommend? Fluorescent or glow in the dark? Any specific manufacturer? Some of the pages I've been looking at are fairly confusing as far as what they selling. For example:
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-slimer-pinballs?variant=16895844484
That is listed as a set of 4 slimer green captive balls, but the color choices are blue and pink. Does that mean that you also get a set of blue or pink ones for the center captive balls or is it just a site error?

I have fluorescent in mine cuz the game is so bright, you'll never see the glow in the dark.

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

If Gb is your only pin it will get old fast.... TWD is deeper in code. I have a GB i love it, but you need other games, id keep TWD and stack maybe some older titles with it. For the price of a GB you could add a 2 pins. Worldcup soccer anyone?

#3500 3 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I love my GB and my TWD both a lot, but if I had to get rid of one it would have to be GB. TWD is a masterpiece.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethlehem, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester Hills, MI
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 8824 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 177.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside