IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 249.
#3351 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I personally find the Titan competition rubbers to play truer to red rubber than the other flipper rubbers out there. I've had them on all my machines and for over a year and they have held up well and clean easily.

My tron has titans and I've swapped between the flipper rubber, stock w/ color vs titan and I am just not liking the over grip of the titans and lack of some bounce... met pro and gb prem both have stock rubber and play great so tron feels weird. The pf titan rubbers seem fine though.

#3352 6 years ago

Just finished my custom GB topper:

IMG_0449 (resized).JPGIMG_0449 (resized).JPG

#3353 6 years ago

The terror dogs was my 12 years-old's idea. Here's a close-up:

IMG_0450 (resized).JPGIMG_0450 (resized).JPG

#3354 6 years ago

Only had it for a couple of weeks, but man, this pin is addictive!

#3355 6 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Only had it for a couple of weeks, but man, this pin is addictive!

It is a great game!

Last night I just shot left side stuff to get those modes going instead of who brought the dog. Found some new modes and blew the game up. Just need someone at league to get mass hysteria. Crazy mode

#3356 6 years ago

Nice Topper Animal here a news Yoyokopter mod for the Ghostbusters PRO , an extension of the city on the ugly black metal plate.

IMG_20170625_222710 (resized).jpgIMG_20170625_222710 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170625_222722 (resized).jpgIMG_20170625_222722 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170625_222756 (resized).jpgIMG_20170625_222756 (resized).jpg

#3357 6 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

here a news Yoyokopter mod for the Ghostbusters PRO , an extension of the city on the ugly black metal plate.

Looks nice, how much?? It looks like it will block the red light, does it?

#3358 6 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Looks nice, how much??

your first born.

#3359 6 years ago

I'd be good with that.

#3360 6 years ago

Hi , yes the mod block the red light , here the last version with "slime inside" , this Mod will be on my Pinside Shop last week

IMG_20170630_193628 (resized).jpgIMG_20170630_193628 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170630_201406 (resized).jpgIMG_20170630_201406 (resized).jpg

#3361 6 years ago

Making my own 19$ beats 6999 gawd dam

IMG_7499 (resized).JPGIMG_7499 (resized).JPG

IMG_7504 (resized).JPGIMG_7504 (resized).JPG

#3362 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Where does one get one for $19? Awesome

#3363 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Where does one get one for $19? Awesome

Ebay

#3364 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My only beef is how sticky they get right after cleaning just like superbands. I rarely clean my flipper rings because of this. But all my games have titans throughout. I love them.

what are you cleaning them with? I use Naptha and haven't noticed any stickiness.

#3365 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

what are you cleaning them with? I use Naptha and haven't noticed any stickiness.

Novus 1. It's the same stickiness that superbands have before getting dirty. The ball doesn't run down the flipper bat the normal speed. Much slower. Once they get dirty, all is well.

#3366 6 years ago

****Claimed! No longer available.****

Free Bookstack mod from Modfather to whomever PM's me first and pays for shipping. Sorry it's not thin, so it will have to go in a USPS small flat rate box, $7.15. USA only.

IMG_2412 (resized).JPGIMG_2412 (resized).JPG

#3367 6 years ago

So just about 1 year to the day, I finally made it to and beat stay puft! It was an epic ball one as I got through all three modes before SPuft.. a sfmb helped put gozer down.

What a rush, wish I was able to see what was happening on the DMD while I was juggling stay puft and mass hysteria...! Caught glimpses here and there..

One thing was after I beat we came we saw nothing was lit up (over 100 ghosts), I got 80+ mill on that so I assume that's a pass..

So wartby I have to beat all ladders? See you in a year I guess

#3368 6 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

So just about 1 year to the day, I finally made it to and beat stay puft! It was an epic ball one as I got through all three modes before SPuft.. a sfmb helped put gozer down.
What a rush, wish I was able to see what was happening on the DMD while I was juggling stay puft and mass hysteria...! Caught glimpses here and there..
One thing was after I beat we came we saw nothing was lit up (over 100 ghosts), I got 80+ mill on that so I assume that's a pass..

or longer

#3369 6 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Take your time beating all the ladders, I found 'We are ready to believe you' to be quite a let down in the current code. as far as I can tell its just a copy/paste of 'we came we saw'. There should be one more code update.... someday.... that I hope includes a Wizard mode that actually rewards the epic accomplishment.

also would be nice in the next code if they used the 2 outlane lights for ball saves. I don't think anyone would complain.

#3370 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

also would be nice in the next code if they used the 2 outlane lights for ball saves. I don't think anyone would complain.

that would be really cool, and help with the crazy outlanes.

#3371 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

That's a great idea! It would make for a nice random award from the pop bumpers.

#3372 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's a great idea! It would make for a nice random award from the pop bumpers.

could be a random from the pops,
Random from Tobins spirit guide,
Could be awarded for lighting all 3 PKE targets below the library,
Could be awarded as part of the 'gear' or 'river of slime'. Maybe at least 3 loops or ramps before cashing in gets you the save.
Could be a number of spinner scores, or number of ghosts caught....

lots of options. Right now its really weird to have the lights there, and turning on randomly for apparently no reason.

#3373 6 years ago

What's the consensus on the topper? At $500, I'm reluctant. Does it interface with the gameplay in any cool way?

#3374 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

What's the consensus on the topper? At $500, I'm reluctant. Does it interface with the gameplay in any cool way?

I do like the topper, and it integrates nicely with the software, but I think it's way overpriced. I would never pay $500 for it.

#3375 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I do like the topper, and it integrates nicely with the software, but I think it's way overpriced. I would never pay $500 for it.

I agree. It looks cool but I have a hard time justifying the $500 price. I'm not sure that it is a good value at that price.

#3376 6 years ago

I agree. It looks cool but I have a hard time justifying the $500 price. I'm not sure that it is a good value at that price.

For me it was worth it. yes pricey, but it polishes the game.

It comes on at the beginning of the attract mode (and again when it loops) for about 30 seconds. Comes on during ball save, extra ball and during 'we got one' (im not sure if i missed anything)

#3377 6 years ago

If you really have a shit-ton of monies why not?
If you're making anything under $130,000 a year why would you buy this abortion?

#3378 6 years ago

10$ gozar ebay better get one quick or pay 6995 took me 15 min too install get rid of the plastic she only lights up when the gozar shot is ready

IMG_7526 (resized).JPGIMG_7526 (resized).JPG

IMG_7530 (resized).PNGIMG_7530 (resized).PNG

IMG_7531 (resized).PNGIMG_7531 (resized).PNG

#3379 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

10$ gozar ebay better get one quick or pay 6995 took me 15 min too install get rid of the plastic she only lights up when the gozar shot is ready

The plastic doesn't look very good.
This is worse.

#3380 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Oh my god, please tell me you are joking?

#3382 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Looks like Ben Stiller

Blue Steel

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#3383 6 years ago

Haha shes no model thats fosu

IMG_7534 (resized).PNGIMG_7534 (resized).PNG

IMG_7533 (resized).PNGIMG_7533 (resized).PNG

IMG_7535 (resized).PNGIMG_7535 (resized).PNG

#3385 6 years ago

Heads up: the walking Stay Puft mod is now in stock at Mezel Mods.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-walking-stay-puft

I just grabbed one!

#3386 6 years ago

Is that easy to install? Can't find anything on that?

#3387 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Haha shes no model thats fosu

Funny enough, the actress did actually have a modeling career as well: http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Slavitza_Jovan

Another fun fact, Paul Reubens (Pee Wee) was originally offered the role as Gozer was supposed to be an architect in a suit when it took human form: http://splitsider.com/2011/05/the-lost-roles-of-ghostbusters/

#3388 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Is that easy to install? Can't find anything on that?

Not sure. I don't see anything on the site yet. I'll report back once it arrives.

#3389 6 years ago

ok, the video looks amazing! im definitely getting one.

#3390 6 years ago

Well this sucks. One of the twin boys who played Oscar has committed suicide. He suffered from mental illness.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/henry-hank-deutschendorf-dead-ghostbusters-ii-actor-dies-at-29-w489135

#3391 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Did the same thing a few months ago.

FYI, instead of putting individual LED's in...I took apart a 555 green led and used the circuit board inside and then glued that in the back (which is mostly flat). Worked well.

#3393 6 years ago

Hey guys! I currently own TWD premium and a 1977 Bronco EM. I am looking to potentially add another pin to my gameroom. I am stuck between Ghostbusters and Jurassic Park. So I ask all of you GB owners, is this pin worth owning? If so, why and if not, why not?

#3394 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Hey guys! I currently own TWD premium and a 1977 Bronco EM. I am looking to potentially add another pin to my gameroom. I am stuck between Ghostbusters and Jurassic Park. So I ask all of you GB owners, is this pin worth owning? If so, why and if not, why not?

Is there one around you to try? There are some that just hate it, and everyone else in the thread will probably love it.

I played it at a launch party and love it. I love the unique layout, tons of shots, lots of modes, art work is fantastic, the sound is great. I'm not a really good player so i never see 60% of the game. But when we have league. I can't get a few guys off the game to leave :-p LOTR's does that for me as well....where a game like Tron...I like but a few games and I'm good for a while. So it really depends on what kind of game youre looking for.....

#3395 6 years ago

I've got a TWD Pro and GB Premium. There are so many things I love about GB - the sounds, art, DMD, lighting, packed playfield but after owning for about 3-4 months and 1200+ plays, it has become pretty irritating. I played nonstop for the first 2 months with nothing but enjoyment but I slowly got more and more frustrated with the STDM drains out of the left pop exit. The magnaslings are awesome at first too but the novelty wears off over time and having the ball spun in a loop just to stop right in the flipper gap is really defeating. I'll probably get rid of it here shortly once there is another game I'm really gunning for. I had a great time with it at the start and there is a lot to like but if I'm being honest with myself, it is probably time for ME to sell as I get more frustrated when playing than I am having fun. That being said.. everyone has a different experience and yours may be 100% awesome.

#3396 6 years ago

I have a GB, MET and TWD premiums. Twd and met are so much more fun than GB. All three games needed tweaking but the twd and met shots feel smoother. I won't sell my GB as it's still fun to play but it will never get as much playing time as the other two.

Make sure you install a center post, larger star posts and rubbers for the outlanes, as well as the Out-lanes protectors from yoyo. The game becomes more enjoyable when you do this. Also standup target wedges and air protectors are a must. It's a shame they released this game with so many flaws.

#3397 6 years ago

I have been playing my GB pro for a year. I still really enjpy it, but it is a tough game and can be frustrating. It's akin to the Dark Souls video games series, punishingly hard but oh-so satisfying when you do well.

I don't really have any of the issues a lot of people discuss (airballs, outlane rail jumps, SDTM drains etc). My only complaint is that it is somewhat linear and since it's hard unless you're willing to "play better" newbies tend to see the same stuff over and over. Also the strategy is all based on nailing the 6X multipliers which means a good game doesn't mean anything unless you've lit that up. Hoping a code update does come and shake things up a bit.

Overall the package is fantastic, it's gorgeous and sounds amazing. Plays hard which gives it longevity in a home environment.

#3398 6 years ago

I had a JP a couple of years ago. LOVE the theme and was super excited to pick it up. Unfortunately, I really didn't like the game. I think I sold it within 60 days. GB, on the other hand, I've had since launch and can honestly say it will never leave my collection. Part of that is theme, part of that is gameplay. I have the LE though and have found the Pro on location a few times and find it to be much more difficult. So if you can afford the Premium, I'd suggest going that route personally.

#3399 6 years ago

GB consistently gets the most plays in our house and we've had if (i am guessing) 5 months +. Yes there are frustrating things, but after putting in the slightly longer flipper bats and angling them up (no more droop) the center drains have significantly dropped for me.

I am far from a good player, so rules and what not wernt much of a factor for me, we love the theme, art, sounds and basic game play so that was good enough for us.

Ideally you just need to play one and see for yourself.

#3400 6 years ago

I'll echo the last few sentiments.
The game is beautiful and rewarding but makes you work. Ive had little issues with the game at all, I just realized early on - I just stink as a player!
Thanks to GB, I'm now developing better shot selection skills and more consistent higher scores over the last six months. I like the challenge, so it's ideal for our home.
Spend more time on one and less time on Pinside to draw your own conclusion!
Good luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 12,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/68?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.