IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 250.
#3301 6 years ago

Ok so you can confirm your GB doesn't have one? That's really what I am looking to figure out.

#3302 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Ok so you can confirm your GB doesn't have one? That's really what I am looking to figure out.

Correct it does not. Neither my Got nor GB did.

#3303 6 years ago

After owning this game since October, I finally lit Stay Puft for the first time tonight... only to brick my shot and immediately drain.

One of these days, Stay Puft...

#3304 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

After owning this game since October, I finally lit Stay Puft for the first time tonight... only to brick my shot and immediately drain.
One of these days, Stay Puft...

know the feeling

I got it for the second time yesterday on the last ball to only launch the ball up behind the library and got caught, slid the glass and tried to then drop the ball down the shooter lane to give me time to slide the glass up and tilted the game lol

#3305 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

know the feeling
I got it for the second time yesterday on the last ball to only launch the ball up behind the library and got caught, slid the glass and tried to then drop the ball down the shooter lane to give me time to slide the glass up and tilted the game lol

Now that sucks and is some bad luck there!

#3306 6 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

I played a ghost busters in a mall the other day and have been thinking about getting one. Anyone care to share what price they ended up paying. I guess depending on cost I'd like a premium but might go with a pro.
Thanks, Rob

Picked up a huo pro Friday from a guy named Todd in Chicago. My wife and daughter both say it's their new favorite pin. We have been playing it quite a bit. Really loving it.

Only took a little over 2 months to get one.

#3307 6 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

Picked up a huo pro Friday from a guy named Todd in Chicago. My wife and daughter both say it's their new favorite pin. We have been playing it quite a bit. Really loving it.
Only took a little over 2 months to get one.

Welcome to the club.

#3308 6 years ago

I joined the club as well. Originally pre ordered a Premium last March but canceled in September. Pulled the trigger on one back on june 5th and arrived on the 9th. Have an Airball protector on the way.

IMG_0917 (resized).JPGIMG_0917 (resized).JPG

#3309 6 years ago

Congrats! change out those red LED's in the back for purple! all the cool kids are doing it!

#3310 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Congrats! change out those red LED's in the back for purple! all the cool kids are doing it!

RED and BLUE = PURPLE

#3311 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

RED and BLUE = PURPLE

the cabinet will be a bit dimmer if you remove the white lights though. But yea that would work.

#3312 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Adjusting is easy - just an Allen wrench. But the question becomes should your settings or not. I'd say if you consistently have trouble making a certain shot then try moving the flippers. You can always move them back. But there's always a give and take to a certain degree when messing with the flippers. The flipper angle that makes it easier to backhand the ramp for multiball lock might make it more difficult to make the right ramp, etc. Raising both flippers to make them less "droopy" might close the SDTM gap some but might make it harder to hit left or right targets. You have to adjust them where you like and it's OK to experiment.

Thanks for the explanation. I decided to leave it alone and have been spending games just practicing that shot and I am getting better at it little by little. I've had that right orbit fail to trigger on a scene three or four more times as well after taking that mylar off, it is driving me nuts. I also seemed to cause some weird bug during the "okay, she's a dog" scene where it refused to light up the Gozer shot despite hitting the right orbit four or five times. Any idea if Stern is still going to do any more code updates for this beyond the 1.13?

#3313 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

the cabinet will be a bit dimmer if you remove the white lights though. But yea that would work.

my pro came NIB with red and blue

#3314 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I used to think that. Those are actually to prevent ball sticks. Now the holes in the lower left and right of the playfield are definitely for the protons. Or used to be. Seems the proton add on turned out to be too costly for stern to launch. It would have been too expensive. Jody mentioned that on one of the Facebook tours and also Trudeau mentioned it in an interview.

I hear what you're saying but I haven't lost hope. I recall Trudeau saying the Proton Stream thing didn't make it into the product release, but I also heard him say (was it podcast or a video) that the toy could still become a reality. Hmm. Jody said they would consider it if there was a lot of demand (kind of what you would expect the marketing guy to say). And regarding the L-Brackets, they sure don't look to me like they're in a position to prevent stuck balls. I removed the L-Brackets from my game hundreds of plays ago... but I saved them, just in case

#3315 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

my pro came NIB with red and blue

Really!? weird. Mine came with white and red.

#3316 6 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

quick question on the gozer mode... After hitting the right ramp then gozer, all four white arrows light up but hitting them just builds the gozer award. During this time gozer is not lit, but I assume if i hit her that's all I need to beat the mode? I've always nailed the lit arrows but never quite manage the second gozer hit (but it's hard to tell) as she is not flashing like she was during the first half of the mode. Am I missing something?
BTW just had an epic 9.9 billion stacking SFMB, MHMB, Psychokenetic while in the Spook central mode... good times forgot to mention the 6X obviously - no high scores without that ever

I believe after you hit all the flashing white arrow shots gozer will start flashing. I also believe it you hit gozer to complete the scene, all the next available scenes will light, i.e, you don't have to hit ghost and drop slimer.

I also verified what I read somewhere - probably here, If you have 6x pf lit and hit a skill shot, you get 6x and the same goes for tobin's 10% of your score. This would be super valuable if you're sitting on a massive score. It's not easy to pull it off but worth a shot for a 6b shot or more.

#3317 6 years ago

If anyone is looking for a new inbox Ghostbusters Le, I have one for sale for 8300.

#3318 6 years ago

Joined the club tonight!

IMG_1869 (resized).JPGIMG_1869 (resized).JPG

#3319 6 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

Joined the club tonight!

Congrats!

#3320 6 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

Joined the club tonight!

Congrats!!
Was it NIB?

#3321 6 years ago

Are the pro's still spelling "Negative Reinforcment" wrong on the new releases?

#3322 6 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Are the pro's still spelling "Negative Reinforcment" wrong on the new releases?

Nope, they corrected it. I have a May 2017 build Pro:

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#3323 6 years ago

Oh yeah - I joined the club a couple weeks ago! Brought one of the machines home that Marcos had at the NW Show in Tacoma. 600 plays and over 1800 balls over 3 days and it looks great! So far I have cleaned and waxed it, added a shaker motor, and ordered the Mod Father Symmetrical Stacked Books mod to mount over the captive balls.

Only fix so far has been the right ramp diverter that wasn't diverting. If I pushed the diverter a little closer to the coil it would move and stick. I didn't want to bend the metal so I disassembled it and added two washers behind the coil to move it closer to the diverter. Works every time now!

Next fix is to figure out why the right orbit switch doesn't register when the ball is moving quickly. I had a Johnny Mnemonic with the same issue and simply adjusted the switch wire actuator a little higher and bent it toward the outside of the orbit so the ball caught it every time.

#3324 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Congrats!!
Was it NIB?

No, HUO, bought in December, beautiful condition. My first true NIB will be Star Wars Premium.

#3325 6 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

No, HUO, bought in December, beautiful condition. My first true NIB will be Star Wars Premium.

Since I'm so close to you, i think I will swing by when you get SW.

#3326 6 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Nope, they corrected it. I have a May 2017 build Pro

It's not that insert, it's the one with the ghost count on it (40 I think)... Can you let me know

#3327 6 years ago

Next fix is to figure out why the right orbit switch doesn't register when the ball is moving quickly.

The fix is to remove the mylar in the right orbit.

#3328 6 years ago

I just went through the whole photo gallery for this thread and I am amazed no one has tried replacing all rubbers with the clear green rings from super-bands.

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/rubbers/super-bands/green.html

I'm contemplating giving it a try, but there's a voice in the back of my head saying that the game is just going to become less bouncy and I'm going to put the old rubbers back on. It would Look amazing though....

#3329 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I just went through the whole photo gallery for this thread and I am amazed no one has tried replacing all rubbers with the clear green rings from super-bands.
I'm contemplating giving it a try, but there's a voice in the back of my head saying that the game is just going to become less bouncy and I'm going to put the old rubbers back on. It would Look amazing though....

It just might work. If you try it, please post photos and a report on how they play.

#3330 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

It just might work. If you try it, please post photos and a report on how they play.

I've got the clear green rings on my RFM they really pop with some light behind them. I definitely recommend them even if you don't like their flipper rubbers, their rings are awesome!

#3331 6 years ago

Had a brief mental nerdgasm when I saw this in my local Home Depot parking lot today.

2017-06-24 14.01.52 (resized).jpg2017-06-24 14.01.52 (resized).jpg
20170624_131546 (resized).jpg20170624_131546 (resized).jpg

#3332 6 years ago

So sad. My subway coil stopped working. What do I do now ? It looks like it burnt. And my left flipper started sticking a little bit as well. Nooooooooo. Any body help ? Only 4 months old. 3800plays

IMG_1264 (resized).JPGIMG_1264 (resized).JPG

#3333 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

would look great. I bailed doing this as tried on my metallica and those 3/16" post rubbers are impossible to put on the top lane plastic guides.

#3334 6 years ago

#3335 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

So sad. My subway coil stopped working. What do I do now ? It looks like it burnt. And my left flipper started sticking a little bit as well. Nooooooooo. Any body help ? Only 4 months old. 3800plays

Get on the phone to your distributor - they should make that right for you.

#3336 6 years ago

I designed this mod and hired out Cliff from "Cliffy's" Pinball protectors to manufacture them and Mezelmods is selling them through their site. They give a factory look to a needed fix IMO. The pics are from the prototype I have installed in my game and the final product is made from laser cut grained stainless steel. 30 sets were made, not sure how many are still available. Thanks for checking them out.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-drain-busters

att=0,998870 caption=""]IMG_2855 (resized).JPGIMG_2855 (resized).JPG IMG_2857 (resized).JPGIMG_2857 (resized).JPG Guides blend in to the original look and do not affect player's view of the ball. IMG_2854 (resized).JPGIMG_2854 (resized).JPG

fullsizeoutput_2ff (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_2ff (resized).jpeg

#3337 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I designed this mod and hired out Cliff from "Cliffy's" Pinball protectors to manufacture them and Mezelmods is selling them through their site. They give a factory look to a needed fix IMO. The pics are from the prototype I have installed in my game and the final product is made from laser cut grained stainless steel. 30 sets were made, not sure how many are still available. Thanks for checking them out.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-drain-busters
att=0,998870 caption=""] Guides blend in to the original look and do not affect player's view of the ball.

Love the podcast! Do these actually help with the insane outlanes? or is it to keep balls from jumping over the factory rails?

#3338 6 years ago
Quoted from ecto1a2003:

Love the podcast! Do these actually help with the insane outlanes? or is it to keep balls from jumping over the factory rails?

ecto1a2003

Thanks for listening, it's been fun.

These help with the ball hopping over the low outlane guides. I had the green plastic ones but was getting the ball stuck under one. I went to bend it up and it broke which led me to make these up.

#3339 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

ecto1a2003
Thanks for listening, it's been fun.
These help with the ball hopping over the low outlane guides. I had the green plastic ones but was getting the ball stuck under one. I went to bend it up and it broke which led me to make these up.

Oh cool. I might pick these up when i get my replacement playfield... Whenever that is.

#3340 6 years ago

Nope, they corrected it. I have a May 2017 build Pro:

Do you think the playfield (clear coat) looks better than earlier ones? I.e. more like the Aero Smith ones?

#3341 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Try the ones from Titan Pinball they got a kind of translucent green rubber that even glows when it's dark. I put it into my Metallica, looks great! Could imagine this would look awesome in GB
And the best thing is the bounce is almost 100% the same as with normal rubbers.
Plus the quality seems to be better too.
I did a bounce test on my Funhouse and let it drop from the middle over 4 rubbers. The ball ended up exactly where it did with the original rubbers.
All my Pins have Titan rubbers on them now.

#3342 6 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Try the ones from Titan Pinball they got a kind of translucent green rubber that even glows when it's dark. I put it into my Metallica, looks great! Could imagine this would look awesome in GB
And the best thing is the bounce is almost 100% the same as with normal rubbers.
Plus the quality seems to be better too.
I did a bounce test on my Funhouse and let it drop from the middle over 4 rubbers. The ball ended up exactly where it did with the original rubbers.
All my Pins have Titan rubbers on them now.

Pf rubber or flipper?

The Titan flipper rubber seems to be a lot different but the pf ring kit is pretty good.

#3343 6 years ago

Are titan rubbers as difficult to stretch as the super bands. I cant get post super bands on the top lane guides the 3/16's tried heat and no go. The original black rubbers are ways more flexable

#3344 6 years ago

Titans are different, they are silicone, and very easy to stretch.

#3345 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I thought super bands were silicone. I wonder what they are made of then??

#3346 6 years ago

arent they a form of urethane?

#3347 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I thought super bands were silicone. I wonder what they are made of then??

Polyurethane

#3348 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What type do you like on your flippers? Do you feel like the stock rubber is much different then titan, thoughts?

#3349 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What type do you like on your flippers? Do you feel like the stock rubber is much different then titan, thoughts?

I personally find the Titan competition rubbers to play truer to red rubber than the other flipper rubbers out there. I've had them on all my machines and for over a year and they have held up well and clean easily.

#3350 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I personally find the Titan competition rubbers to play truer to red rubber than the other flipper rubbers out there. I've had them on all my machines and for over a year and they have held up well and clean easily.

My only beef is how sticky they get right after cleaning just like superbands. I rarely clean my flipper rings because of this. But all my games have titans throughout. I love them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/67?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.