New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 158155)

Ghostbusters Club - We Got One!!!

By 30FathomDave

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,820 posts
  • 712 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by ralphwiggum
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,649 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E945CA4C-38FE-43DD-930B-2A71637EBC84 (resized).jpeg
7330D805-47D7-432D-A4BF-D481785CC7AA (resized).jpeg
3EBED90E-4C00-4621-BCB0-FD479D1871F8 (resized).jpeg
Right Card Watermarked (resized).jpg
Left Card Watermarked (resized).jpg
1C1946E5-6E24-4B31-A1A8-8D23B4F0C1CF (resized).jpeg
C67F6957-246E-4063-8D16-F91C73CC6A72 (resized).jpeg
06B5A2A2-9BEB-493C-8BDD-B68418A1382D (resized).jpeg
23221DAF-699F-413D-95C2-22B33BAF4041 (resized).jpeg
D1C69F89-85FF-4840-9A30-1C11A203607E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20201026_1152158 (resized).jpg
C0DB7DA9-960E-4242-B4F1-2F44843ED9AD (resized).jpeg
7490D055-E920-4E7D-87DA-67B826E2FCB6 (resized).jpeg
AF372D96-1459-4815-83D6-9572EE96C0D8 (resized).jpeg
E4A5BF03-BD63-4FF8-A5D6-42CE33B183A4 (resized).jpeg
FFD929EE-47A7-42F5-81FF-73AA5FFDC802 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8820 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 177.
#3251 3 years ago

Just as an FYI, after removing the mylar I had a ball go through the right orbit that still didn't trigger that rollover target during a scene. It was another top speed shot, maybe it is ricocheting off the wall on the right as it nears the target and skipping over it? I've hit a few more top speed shots at it and it did trigger though, so I'm not sure.
Is there any kind of trick to hitting that right ramp on the Pro? It seems nearly impossible to time the flip properly.

#3252 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

The inside diameter is not big enough for the posts on the smaller sizes. That's the issue I was running into with the PL ones - none of them fitted properly.
I cut them to put them on and it leaves a gap around the post. I can turn them so the gap is in the back and they seem to function properly, it's just not a glove fit.

They stretch!

#3253 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

They stretch!

How hard is it to put them on the posts without cutting them?

#3254 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How hard is it to put them on the posts without cutting them?

just be carful not to damage the play field . i would just leave them off.

#3255 3 years ago

So is there any way to stop the ball from going SDTM between the 2 flippers when it comes off the bumpers? I don't have that much issue with the losing the balls on the left or right side of the slingshots, but man it goes straight down the middle waaaaaaaaaaaay to often. I love the game but its frustrating as heck!

#3256 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So is there any way to stop the ball from going SDTM between the 2 flippers when it comes off the bumpers? I don't have that much issue with the losing the balls on the left or right side of the slingshots, but man it goes straight down the middle waaaaaaaaaaaay to often. I love the game but its frustrating as heck!

body English !

#3257 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I got the slightly longer flippers, angled them up (so they are like all my other pins) and a gentle nudge does the trick for me.

#3258 3 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Just as an FYI, after removing the mylar I had a ball go through the right orbit that still didn't trigger that rollover target during a scene. It was another top speed shot, maybe it is ricocheting off the wall on the right as it nears the target and skipping over it? I've hit a few more top speed shots at it and it did trigger though, so I'm not sure.
Is there any kind of trick to hitting that right ramp on the Pro? It seems nearly impossible to time the flip properly.

Had to be a fluke I think because since I removed my mylar that switch has registered 100% of the time.

#3259 3 years ago

Same here. Once the mylar is gone, maybe a tweak to the switch would solve any remaining issues.

#3260 3 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I noticed my left flipper was more droopy then my right flipper and lower then the factory default. After I put it back to the factory default, that right ramp was much easier to hit. I would say check your flipper.

#3261 3 years ago

Six months in and still loving my Premium. What are the chances we'll see a Proton Stream add-on kit released along with a corresponding code update? I keep thinking the L-brackets are there for a reason...

#3262 3 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Six months in and still loving my Premium. What are the chances we'll see a Proton Stream add-on kit released along with a corresponding code update? I keep thinking the L-brackets are there for a reason...

I used to think that. Those are actually to prevent ball sticks. Now the holes in the lower left and right of the playfield are definitely for the protons. Or used to be. Seems the proton add on turned out to be too costly for stern to launch. It would have been too expensive. Jody mentioned that on one of the Facebook tours and also Trudeau mentioned it in an interview.

#3263 3 years ago

Picked up my Premium last night. Extremely low play HUO with a bunch of mods and extras. Really loving this game so far! Prior owner had a center drain post in it, which I am going to leave for the time being. It's a tough game and everyone here is a novice at best. Much rather progress in the game a bit each time than play a ton of 5 minute games. heh.

For now it's in the dining room until I can get some manpower here to help move it upstairs in the game room.

1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2289 (resized).JPG

#3264 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I used to think that. Those are actually to prevent ball sticks. Now the holes in the lower left and right of the playfield are definitely for the protons. Or used to be. Seems the proton add on turned out to be too costly for stern to launch. It would have been too expensive. Jody mentioned that on one of the Facebook tours and also Trudeau mentioned it in an interview.

Ya but they should know damn well the people will buy the add on as a mod. I bet the topper sold well and was pretty expensive.

#3265 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I noticed my left flipper was more droopy then my right flipper and lower then the factory default. After I put it back to the factory default, that right ramp was much easier to hit. I would say check your flipper.

How exactly would I be able to tell if it isn't factory default? Sorry, new to pin ownership.

#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

How exactly would I be able to tell if it isn't factory default? Sorry, new to pin ownership.

Adjusting is easy - just an Allen wrench. But the question becomes should your settings or not. I'd say if you consistently have trouble making a certain shot then try moving the flippers. You can always move them back. But there's always a give and take to a certain degree when messing with the flippers. The flipper angle that makes it easier to backhand the ramp for multiball lock might make it more difficult to make the right ramp, etc. Raising both flippers to make them less "droopy" might close the SDTM gap some but might make it harder to hit left or right targets. You have to adjust them where you like and it's OK to experiment.

#3267 3 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I used a picture I had as reference when the game was first setup.

#3268 3 years ago

I use the small holes at the tip of the flipper to adjust.

#3269 3 years ago

"Back off man" was my last scene to complete, one shot left.... bricked it and it rebounded directly down the left outlane at a million miles an hour.... Ive still never hit "were ready to believe you" mode... 10 months of this game and its still so damn addictive.

gonna go cry now. then put in another credit.

#3270 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I use the small holes at the tip of the flipper to adjust.

Sounds like the flipper marks are "low" so people are moving them up. I need to look at mine. Cuz I cannot hit the right ramp from my right flipper. But some say they can after adjustment.

#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

gonna go cry now. then put in another credit.

I hear ya, I'm coming up on a year and only got WARTBY once and I've not yet made it to Stay Puft, one shot away (always seems to be one shot away)... Good times though!

#3272 3 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

I hear ya, I'm coming up on a year and only got WARTBY once and I've not yet made it to Stay Puft, one shot away (always seems to be one shot away)... Good times though!

I wonder if once i finally hit all the scenes if I'll want to sell it. It's beautiful. A great theme. Its SO hard it has made me a better player. But damn is it frustrating.

#3273 3 years ago

(yes, its frustrating)

but again, depending on how you have set-up the pin, it goes from too easy to too hard...
on "factory", dont need to make all the needeed shots to finish/complete a mission, only make a switch time to time (to relaunch stopped timer) and wait for timer to reach 0... that's bad (and to easy) for sure :/

#3274 3 years ago

Can someone tell me what the two circled lights do? The one on the right is lit more often then the left, but I can't figure out what they indicate. Thanks

Capture (resized).JPG

#3275 3 years ago

No one knows!

Its believed they were to tie in with Proton Beams that didnt make the cut.

eb7c3267d56191c13e52a0bb4c5b1bd3d08daff6 (resized).png

whitewood (1) (resized).jpeg

#3276 3 years ago

Note the stand up targets, instead of captive ball, and apparently a magnet.

Hitting Slimer with a magnet altering course, or magnet to target would have been better
than a Captive ball, IMO.

But Imagine a magnet in Slimer that would repel the ball as well.....

It was discussed there might have been a dont cross the streams mode, with the beams on motors,
and would have been flipper controlled.

Cost saving put it into a video mode.

This may be wrong, its all speculation,

#3277 3 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Can someone tell me what the two circled lights do? The one on the right is lit more often then the left, but I can't figure out what they indicate. Thanks

would be good if they finished some code on these as I would love to finish off with a interactive mod to link to these.

#3278 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

would be good if they finished some code on these...

well, i was quite "involved" in new code & ideas hope...

tomorrow, the GB will (should be) leave the house for a new home, think its enough for me
but as always, and just to make the universal law wrong, be sure a new code will be available right after my GB will be out !!!

lol

#3279 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Maybe this is new in 1.12? I am playing Spook Central, ball in the pops and either from a pop award or from hitting Gozer, I see in the DMD, "Stay Puft Award Grows" ~20M. Anyone else seen this? Not sure if it was related to the mode or just a random pop award? Maybe I just never noticed this and it has been there all along.

I don't think anybody replied to that but I just saw it in that video:

And after exiting the bumpers, the Spook Central Hurry Up value is bigger!

I never saw that in mine, and to me, that's a mode error/typo. It should say "Spook Central award grows", not Stay Puft

#3280 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, i was quite "involved" in new code & ideas hope...
tomorrow, the GB will (should be) leave the house for a new home, think its enough for me
but as always, and just to make the universal law wrong, be sure a new code will be available right after my GB will be out !!!
lol

Did you keep it for how long? I do not buy more game if the code is not finished ... it is so frustrating

#3281 3 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Did you keep it for how long? I do not buy more game if the code is not finished ... it is so frustrating

But it's like getting a whole new game when it's done. But I understand what your saying.

#3282 3 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

+1
lesson learned

#3283 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But it's like getting a whole new game when it's done. But I understand what your saying.

ok if you're lucky enough to own lots of games...
i have only 2 pins home, than i cant see it as it

#3284 3 years ago

Can someone explain how the gozer scene works and how to complete it?
Thanks

#3285 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok if you're lucky enough to own lots of games...
i have only 2 pins home, than i cant see it as it

I see.

#3286 3 years ago

asta la vista... let's say bye-bye to this club

no more patience for me
now, i hope you guys still get a code update in a near future, as GB deserve it, its something very special and not common in pinball history

gb (resized).JPG

#3287 3 years ago

I was wondering if someone knows if you order a new GB Pre from a distributor now, if the playfield is not only fixed ghosting wise but if the clear is fixed too, and maybe looking like a AS playfield?
Also the GB playfields seem to have a softer wood, at least the early ones.
Played my friends AS LE and that PF just looks awesome. Hardly any dimples.

#3288 3 years ago

Some of the excessive dimpling appears to be in the clear coat finishing, as an issue, more so than soft wood underneath.

Regarding the performance of a playfield from Stern, either game, is more "luck" at getting a
product with issues.

If this is an issue for you, you can check with your distributor as to their policies,
or buy a HUO, where you can see a few months of play, and check the playfield to your
standards.

As an example, I have an early run LE, with one hairline.

Quite a few guys have seen and played.
One who was interested, (not selling) did a quick glance, and said..."looks good"

Another, who was to be buying a Premium, borrowed my magnifying glass and studied the playfield for about 10 minutes!

Two opposite extremes to the "playfield" question, and everyone has a different need.

#3289 3 years ago

as Art said

the guy who bought my GB takes it mainly because he knows i've got no ghosting & no clearcoat probs (after +/- 1 year at home)... simple as that
may be control quality has change at STERN, but seems a NIB remains a lotery

#3290 3 years ago

FINALLY BEAT THE GAME! got to 'we are ready to believe you' for the first time this morning. Been playing this game 2-10 times every day for 10 months. Its frustrating as hell but its made me a MUCH better pinball player. Final score was 3.7B which is funny because that's not even the GC score. my last game was a bit of a speed run through the modes.

As happy and relieved as I am to finally conquer this beast, I gotta say, what a dissapointing wizard mode. I dont know what I was expecting, but a copy/paste of 'we came we saw' multiball was not it. Storage Facility Multiball has more anticipation and celebration to it. Really surprised they just threw in vanilla at the end of that ride.

19149009_10155163851829504_7368945990716144474_n (resized).jpg

#3291 3 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I was wondering if someone knows if you order a new GB Pre from a distributor now, if the playfield is not only fixed ghosting wise but if the clear is fixed too, and maybe looking like a AS playfield?
Also the GB playfields seem to have a softer wood, at least the early ones.
Played my friends AS LE and that PF just looks awesome. Hardly any dimples.

Aussie's distributor in NSW - AMD Amusements wouldn't have old games as keeps selling out.

I do think the wood is a little softer than years ago but they are probably using more fast growing tree plantations now so not alot of choice there just the industry. Gomez said in a fairly recent interview that they have settled on a clearcoat now that is durable but flexible which means they will all dimple compared to their previous clears as they were much harder but had a tendency to crack and ghost. I got mine in Feb 17 and was a Dec 16 build and has been great - some dimpling, no cracking or ghosting with 600-700 plays.

#3292 3 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

FINALLY BEAT THE GAME! got to 'we are ready to believe you' for the first time this morning. Been playing this game 2-10 times every day for 10 months. Its frustrating as hell but its made me a MUCH better pinball player. Final score was 3.7B which is funny because that's not even the GC score. my last game was a bit of a speed run through the modes.
As happy and relieved as I am to finally conquer this beast, I gotta say, what a dissapointing wizard mode. I dont know what I was expecting, but a copy/paste of 'we came we saw' multiball was not it. Storage Facility Multiball has more anticipation and celebration to it. Really surprised they just threw in vanilla at the end of that ride.

"Are you a god?" is the final wizard mode. Not sure if it's been coded yet.

#3293 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Do we know if Stern thinks that the code is complete?

#3294 3 years ago

quick question on the gozer mode... After hitting the right ramp then gozer, all four white arrows light up but hitting them just builds the gozer award. During this time gozer is not lit, but I assume if i hit her that's all I need to beat the mode? I've always nailed the lit arrows but never quite manage the second gozer hit (but it's hard to tell) as she is not flashing like she was during the first half of the mode. Am I missing something?

BTW just had an epic 9.9 billion stacking SFMB, MHMB, Psychokenetic while in the Spook central mode... good times forgot to mention the 6X obviously - no high scores without that ever

#3295 3 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

BTW just had an epic 9.9 billion stacking SFMB, MHMB, Psychokenetic while in the Spook central mode... good times forgot to mention the 6X obviously - no high scores without that ever

not too shabby

#3296 3 years ago

I did see a facebook post about code, not specifically on GB but someone asked what about GB code and the Stern response was just wait.... but who knows, but really hope so.

#3297 3 years ago

Yeah that's probably the way to go, to get a nice HUO. This way I know for sure.
I don't want any playfield issues because I think this game could be a keepeter for me.
Love the theme! Love the layout the "10" shots the artwork, the music the lot.
I also heard that there will be a code update. I was talking to Bowen Kerins a couple of weeks ago (several times PAPA world champ).
I asked him why they are not using GB in any of their tournaments.
He said that you could short plunge the ball, have several hits, drain and get the ball back and do this several times over.
So Stern will definitely fix it one would hope since Lyman is playing those tournaments as well. I hope he will give his input to Stern about this.
I hope the code changes are not just minor cause GB has got huge potential.
Just think of what people thought of Metallica before the code was "fixed" and what a great game it is now.

Sorry my English
Originally from Swizterland

#3298 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Currently not in the game. However there are menu options for it in the settings so there's hopefully a chance it gets in.

#3299 3 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked already, but did stern do away with the coin door safety switch? My KISS has one, and the GB manual still lists it. My newly purchased GBPrem doesn't have one.

#3300 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Sorry if this has been asked already, but did stern do away with the coin door safety switch? My KISS has one, and the GB manual still lists it. My newly purchased GBPrem doesn't have one.

They took out the high power so it doesn't need it anymore.

(AKA to save monies)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
There are 8820 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 177.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside