IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 250.
#3201 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

After the imminent release of Star Wars, maybe Dwight will be able to give some more love to GB?

My fear is that the opposite is true. He will now be so focused on completing SW and fixing its bugs, that GB will be an afterthought and soon forgotten.

#3202 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

After the imminent release of Star Wars, maybe Dwight will be able to give some more love to GB?

Or GOT?

#3203 6 years ago

Yeah, that would be nice I'm not familiar with the state of GOT code, but GB definitely needs some bug squashing and the "Are You a God?" wizard mode added at the very least.

#3204 6 years ago

Just a quick tip for those of you looking to upgrade your shooter rod on a GBLE. I didn't like the specific rod that modfather made for GBLE (colors and pattern seem a bit boring/off), so I tried a Creature from the Black Lagoon modfather shooter rod and it matches up perfectly! Check it out.

Btw I wish we could merge both the GB threads together, I never know which one to post it (both are just as active), so sometimes I post the same thing in both.

IMG_20170602_135331 (resized).jpgIMG_20170602_135331 (resized).jpg

#3205 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

Just a quick tip for those of you looking to upgrade your shooter rod on a GBLE. I didn't like the specific rod that modfather made for GBLE (colors and pattern seem a bit boring/off), so I tried a Creature from the Black Lagoon modfather shooter rod and it matches up perfectly! Check it out.
Btw I wish we could merge both the GB threads together, I never know which one to post it (both are just as active), so sometimes I post the same thing in both.

That looks like the Hulk's testicle.

#3206 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

Btw I wish we could merge both the GB threads together

What is the other main thread?

#3208 6 years ago

What are the main differences between pro, premium, and le?

#3209 6 years ago
Quoted from stlmo:

The Premium has the Subway ramp, magna slings, ecto goggles (not a big deal) and a different right ramp also and nicer playfield toys. I think that's about it but I'm tired and sleepy and could be forgetting a thing or two possibly. The subway ramp and magna slings alone make the purchase of the Premium worth the extra money though. The Pro isn't a bad machine either but if you can afford it I would go Premium.

#3210 6 years ago

I have had a fresh set of balls in my game for about a year now, and changed them last night....

It was easy to see they had become slightly magnetized.

New Balls, created a more robust movement again from the magna slings....Awesome!

I just love playing this game and the magna slings are a big part of it!

Just a heads up to perhaps consider a ball change to owners after a few hundred games.....

#3211 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

That looks like the Hulk's testicle.

and than, i only have a single question : the left, or the right !?

#3214 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and than, i only have a single question : the left, or the right !?

I am pretty sure it's the left.

#3215 6 years ago
Quoted from stlmo:

I agree with Who-dey, the subway and Magna slings make it worth the cost.

Also..
Rotating Slimer (5 target positions vs 1)
Molded 3D Library vs 2d flat
Molded 3D Storage containment vs 2d flat
Under playfield hardware rails (so much nicer)

Here's the matrix
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/ghostbusters/premium/Ghostbusters%20Features%20Matrix.pdf

Get the premium or you'll be looking to upgrade later IMO

Junky

#3216 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I agree with Who-dey, the subway and Magna slings make it worth the cost.
Junky

so magna slings and subway = $3,000

#3217 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

so magna slings and subway = $3,000

$3k? Are people paying msrp or what?

I have a premium and agree it is worth the upgrade IF you can afford the extra money. If you can only afford the pro, that is a fantastic deal too!

#3218 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am pretty sure it's the left.

good point ! its correct ! thats the left one !

i know it, as in fact i've tried to touch the right few days ago, and...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_01/Hero3CP_468x606.jpg

#3219 6 years ago

I have a Pro. Love it. Wish I would've got the Premium, though. Subway ramp and magna slings are cool.

Go Premium!

#3220 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have had a fresh set of balls in my game for about a year now, and changed them last night....
It was easy to see they had become slightly magnetized.
New Balls, created a more robust movement again from the magna slings....Awesome!
I just love playing this game and the magna slings are a big part of it!
Just a heads up to perhaps consider a ball change to owners after a few hundred games.....

That's funny you say that Art ,
Last night my ball kept getting stuck to the top of the sling post like it was magnetized.
How do you check to see if they are magnetized ?

#3221 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

That's funny you say that Art ,
Last night my ball kept getting stuck to the top of the sling post like it was magnetized.
How do you check to see if they are magnetized ?

Take out of the game, put next to another ball. Slowly pull it away from the other ball. If he other ball comes with it, magnetized.

#3222 6 years ago

I could be wrong, but similar to Art, I switched mine when I noticed the ball was hugging almost sticking along the metal outlane guide. (magnetized).

Then again, I may just suck as a player.
Love having my balls in a sling with this game!

#3223 6 years ago

The magna slings are energized more than a game with an exposed core further up the playfield.

Seems logical GB Balls are getting charged more!

Besides, some wax, new sling rubbers and balls, 11 months going strong!

#3224 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

TaylorVA has teamed up with Cliffy to do nice metal ones to blend in better.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-drain-busters
IMG_8388FFCE6477-1 (resized).jpegIMG_8388FFCE6477-1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6FA65FE88361-1 (resized).jpegIMG_6FA65FE88361-1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_F6B3BDC6C32B-1 (resized).jpegIMG_F6B3BDC6C32B-1 (resized).jpeg

#3225 6 years ago

How does this stop the drains from happening?

#3226 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

How does this stop the drains from happening?

By making the ball guides higher.

#3227 6 years ago

I drain more by bounce arounds than bounce overs.. I tapped my rails up on my Prem day one and have not one bounce over. I guess I am lucky.

#3228 6 years ago

Try a little bumper rubber on the outlane post. That should help with drains when nudging.

#3229 6 years ago

Just stopping by to say arghhhhhhhhhh I was one shot away on my GB Pro from beating the Stay Puft scene, the right ramp. Also I hate that right ramp. Any tips on hitting it cleanly? It has such a thin margin of error on the shot.

#3230 6 years ago

another great game in term of play, but again misery in term of points (absolute no PF multiplier done in this game)

reach/played WARTBY (including a funny/hard/crazy 2nd MASS HYSTERIA in it !!!), and than ending with only 4.6B...

#3231 6 years ago

Has anyone tried these and how do the work as far as the drain goes. Not cheap and don't want to spend the money if they don't work to well
Thanks

6debd8a7a25786076125f1c2cb18d247d000635b (resized).jpg6debd8a7a25786076125f1c2cb18d247d000635b (resized).jpg

#3232 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

Has anyone tried these and how do the work as far as the drain goes. Not cheap and don't want to spend the money if they don't work to well
Thanks

I haven't tired those but you could get two of these for 50 cents if you can figure the size (which I haven't been able to do).

bumper rubber (resized).jpgbumper rubber (resized).jpg

#3233 6 years ago

Picking up a low play HUO Premium this week. Build date is November 2016 and it is described as perfect - what should I be looking for when i go see it? Thx

#3234 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I haven't tired those but you could get two of these for 50 cents if you can figure the size (which I haven't been able to do).

my pic from my GB
must say i'm still with these, working OK for sure
may be if you'll go for this, dont cut the ring as me, better remove the steel lane and insert properly the rings...
and sorry cant say what size these are, i had a full stock of various sides

now, about the Yoyo mods, its good too
he's here on pinside and could told more about it... PM him may be

PS : btw, this was my 1st GB, the one with ghosting & clearcoat probs
and you can see the clearcoat bad quality at the plot at the outlanes, with the circle marked in it

#3235 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

my pic from my GB
must say i'm still with these, working OK for sure
may be if you'll go for this, dont cut the ring as me, better remove the steel lane and insert properly the rings...
and sorry cant say what size these are, i had a full stock of various sides
now, about the Yoyo mods, its good too
he's here on pinside and could told more about it... PM him may be
PS : btw, this was my 1st GB, the one with ghosting & clearcoat probs
and you can see the clearcoat bad quality at the plot at the outlanes, with the circle marked in it

I was looking for over 30 mins to find the source of that photo. lol

I was going to ask where you got if because I've tried some many versions/sizes from pinball life and none of them fit that well because that post is bigger than the others.

#3236 6 years ago

Just ordered a pro for our bar! I'm beyond excited for my first pin!

#3237 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

Thanks

I have a pair of these in pink. They seem like they would work well, but I moved my outlane posts in before I got them so never installed. I paid about $30 shipped from France, but would sell them for $20 shipped if anyone is interested.

#3238 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Yup, that's what I use.

#3239 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup, that's what I use.

Can you tell me the part number you bought and from where?

Thanks.

#3240 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Can you tell me the part number you bought and from where?
Thanks.

3/16 inch inside diameter from a ring kit.

#3241 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

3/16 inch inside diameter from a ring kit.

Yea, I haven't found any that size on the inside. PL seems to only advertise the outside diameter.

I was trying not to buy a set that costs $30.

#3242 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Yea, I haven't found any that size on the inside. PL seems to only advertise the outside diameter.
I was trying not to buy a set that costs $30.

http://www.pbresource.com/rubber.html
http://www.pbresource.com/rubber/rubberchart.jpg

#3243 6 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

Picking up a low play HUO Premium this week. Build date is November 2016 and it is described as perfect - what should I be looking for when i go see it? Thx

Front of the cab at the corners. Mine has a split on the left side. On the playfield, look for insert ghosting, especially the small triangle inserts pointing to the left scoop. But a November build, it's probably fine. Mine is a September build and doesn't have ghosting. Also look for clear chipping at the shooter lane, around the Scoleri Bros, and the drain hole.

#3244 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

Thanks

I ordered them and as I already had set the outlanes to minimum width, the ball got stuck between the outlane post and those rubbers. I would need to move the outlane posts back to maximum width in order to use the Yoyokopter rubbers, but I think moving the outlane post on the right side will be problematic. Previous owner had done that and when moving the post, had also chipped a piece of the clearcoat apparently. I am so not looking forward to that...

#3245 6 years ago

i have to correct about the Yoyo mods :

i was a betatester for the version 1, and yes those were too long and close outlanes way too much...
these last ones are shorter and seems OK (? i have not tried them !)

again, ask Yoyo
(and i will point him here)

#3246 6 years ago

Hi , you can see here a vidéo for the "save post "
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yoyokopter-mod-development-and-reviews-thread#post-3804348
,with my save post you can put the outlane minipost in middle or high position.

#3248 6 years ago

i think you need one of the two smallest ones on the ring chart

#3249 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

i think you need one of the two smallest ones on the ring chart

The inside diameter is not big enough for the posts on the smaller sizes. That's the issue I was running into with the PL ones - none of them fitted properly.

I cut them to put them on and it leaves a gap around the post. I can turn them so the gap is in the back and they seem to function properly, it's just not a glove fit.

#3250 6 years ago

My solution was to keep a bunch of all sizes in smaller rings and posts in Silicone.

They stretch easier, and fir better than stock sizes listed in a game....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
15,699 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/65?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.