B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 250.
#3151 6 years ago

There are quite a few bugs in the current code. I hope they eventually address them all. For example, has anyone shot the ball into the left scoop and then had it immediately kicked out without giving you credit for the shot? The game obviously knows the ball is there, otherwise it wouldn't be kicked out until the ball search. This happens occasionally on my machine. It has to be a bug, right?

#3152 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There are quite a few bugs in the current code. I hope they eventually address them all. For example, has anyone shot the ball into the left scoop and then had it immediately kicked out without giving you credit for the shot? The game obviously knows the ball is there, otherwise it wouldn't be kicked out until the ball search. This happens occasionally on my machine. It has to be a bug, right?

That could just be a switch sensitivity issue. Same things happened on my Metallica in the snake mouth. I think if the game senses on/off/on/off from the switch, it'll kick it out without counting it. After tweaking the switch a bit - it doesn't happen anymore.

#3153 6 years ago

Does anyone ever have a problem with slimmer moving really, I mean really slow from the playfield back to his home position? It does it every once in awhile.

#3154 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I had a similar issue on my machine recently. The problem ended up being a loose switch at the bottom of the scoop, one of the screws which held the scoop in place had fallen out and was laying in the bottom of the cabinet. Might be worth flipping up the playfield and checking if both screws for the switch are present & tightened.

#3155 6 years ago

Only in San Francisco

IMG_7403 (resized).JPGIMG_7403 (resized).JPG

#3156 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's a switch adjustment issue. It isn't staying closed when entering the scoop.

Rob

#3157 6 years ago

If anyone is interested I have a set up brand new Stern Ghostbusters 3d logo flipper bat. $20 shipped. PM me if you want em.

IMG_1975 (resized).JPGIMG_1975 (resized).JPG

#3158 6 years ago

looks like someone wants them. Thanks

#3159 6 years ago

lost one of the Scoleri Brothers drop down spring does anyone know what the part number is or where I can order one from
Thanks

#3160 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

lost one of the Scoleri Brothers drop down spring does anyone know what the part number is or where I can order one from
Thanks

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4251

#3161 6 years ago

Didn't see any one mention this new mod from Hooked in the thread so far, river of slime mod is just cool one of the best mods I have seen for GB, check it out!

00 (resized).jpg00 (resized).jpg0000 (resized).jpg0000 (resized).jpg

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p103/Ghostbusters-Slime-River-Pinball-Mod

#3162 6 years ago

I was thinking of snagging it, but just haven't pulled the trigger. You like? I think it works well since it went with the movie!

#3163 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn't see any one mention this new mod from Hooked in the thread so far, river of slime mod is just cool one of the best mods I have seen for GB, check it out!

Its not only a must, its Perfection! Love it!

#3164 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its not only a must, its Perfection! Love it!

I spotted it while making up a small order from Hooked and instantly thought it's a must have mod!

Was surprised to see it wasn't mentioned here now go buy these people and get them installed asap

#3165 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I kinda like the green slime, may have to pick this up soon. Are you getting a GB Jon?

#3166 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I kinda like the green slime, may have to pick this up soon. Are you getting a GB Jon?

Who-Dey pink is the only choice, it's the river of slime man cmon!

Yeah I am it wasn't planned pretty much fell in my lap so to speak made an awesome deal for a POTC & GB.

#3168 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

who-dey pink is the only choice, it's the river of slime man cmon!
Yeah I am it wasn't planned pretty much fell in my lap so to speak made an awesome deal for a POTC & GB.

I know but I love that color green and besides, GB and green go together! Are you getting a Pro, Premium, or LE?

#3169 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

who-dey pink is the only choice, it's the river of slime man cmon!

i agree but it is actually RED. i wish it was pink. would go better in the game.

IMG_3255 (resized).JPGIMG_3255 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3170 6 years ago

Looks great installed, bit of a shame to hear its RED when its stated as PINK on the site, how does it look in person when lite up?

#3171 6 years ago

Took another pic overtop of city and one of front pop

#3172 6 years ago

At what angle should the play field be set at, don't trust the bubble!!

#3173 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks great installed, bit of a shame to hear its RED when its stated as PINK on the site, how does it look in person when lite up?

I agree it looks cool, but can be a bit of a pain with all the airballs. They have an annoying tendency to get stuck in the middle. The flying balls also broke off some of the plastic edges on mine. Even though I have the ramp airball plastic and added foam to the standup targets to reduce airballs, I removed the mod.

#3174 6 years ago

Interesting you still have airballs.......from Scoleri Targets? 2x/3X? Cliffies?

I havent seen but 5-6 Airballs in 8 months.....about the same as any other game.....

#3175 6 years ago

Are the scoleri brother targets supposed to go down after 1 hit or should it take more?

#3176 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Interesting you still have airballs.......from Scoleri Targets? 2x/3X? Cliffies?
I havent seen but 5-6 Airballs in 8 months.....about the same as any other game.....

The airballs are mostly under control in my game. Your plastic is great. Scoleris seem fine. Maybe from Cliffy's off the upper part of the right ramp? The game is so fast, sometimes it's hard to tell where the airballs come from. GB is my only game, so I play the hell out of it. Maybe one out of 15 games gets a crazy airball. Having to pull the glass a couple of times a week to free the ball from the mod was enough for me to ditch it.

#3177 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I agree it looks cool, but can be a bit of a pain with all the airballs. They have an annoying tendency to get stuck in the middle. The flying balls also broke off some of the plastic edges on mine. Even though I have the ramp airball plastic and added foam to the standup targets to reduce airballs, I removed the mod.

haven't had this happen yet! crossing my fingers.

#3178 6 years ago

I noticed on my GBLE that the Public Library has a black post installed on the right side when looking at the front. Also, there is a hole drilled in back to put the nut on the bolt that holds the black post.

What was - is this post supposed to be used for - odd to be there by itself.

thx.

library (resized).jpglibrary (resized).jpg

#3179 6 years ago

Also... question - what voltage are the little flasher boards (520-6785-00): are these 12 VDC? 12 VAC?

Also, what is the little GI boards (520-5307-00): are these 5 VDC or 5 VAC?

thx!

#3180 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Also... question - what voltage are the little flasher boards (520-6785-00): are these 12 VDC? 12 VAC?
thx!

somebody is modding!

#3181 6 years ago
Quoted from Oxdeadbeef:

I had a similar issue on my machine recently. The problem ended up being a loose switch at the bottom of the scoop, one of the screws which held the scoop in place had fallen out and was laying in the bottom of the cabinet. Might be worth flipping up the playfield and checking if both screws for the switch are present & tightened.

this has happened to me twice,I tightened them a bit more,and been good since

#3182 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Verify yourself, but I think all playfield lighting is +5v. The only 12v connections I see are on Node 1 which powers the coin door.

I searched the manual and i believe anything supplied (non coil) from either node 8 or node 9 is 5v.

Again, verify yourself, but that's what I believe to be true.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/ghostbusters/pro/1959/Ghostbusters_Pro_web.pdf

#3183 6 years ago

hope some one can help, The side of one of my Scoleri brother drop target is sticking above the play field . Half is even and half is higher,seems to be sitting crooked . Is there an adjustment (picture would help)
Thanks

#3184 6 years ago

Doodled some ghostbusters flipper toppers. Not sure if I'll ever get around to sculpting or casting them, but thought this thread might dig em'

IMG_5567 (resized).JPGIMG_5567 (resized).JPG

#3185 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

hope some one can help, The side of one of my Scoleri brother drop target is sticking above the play field . Half is even and half is higher,seems to be sitting crooked . Is there an adjustment (picture would help)
Thanks

There's an adjustment arm underneath the drop target under the playfield. Pop the hood and have at it.

#3186 6 years ago

Has anyone else ever had your flipper buttons just fly off the machine during a game? This has now happened 3 or 4 times (always the same side) and I have no idea why. And do the stand up targets require multiple shots before falling down or should they always drop at the first contact?

#3187 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Has anyone else ever had your flipper buttons just fly off the machine during a game? This has now happened 3 or 4 times (always the same side) and I have no idea why. And do the stand up targets require multiple shots before falling down or should they always drop at the first contact?

If the nut isn't tight enough this will happen, it could also be bent/mishapen causing it to come loose. You could try a little removable locktite (blue) or a small wood screw with a washer to keep it from turning.

The drop targets should fall with one hit, but there is a common issue where direct hits don't cause them to fall. This is fixed either by replacing the tension spring with a stronger one, or tightening the existing one by moving it down a few coils until it falls as desired.

#3188 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Has anyone else ever had your flipper buttons just fly off the machine during a game? This has now happened 3 or 4 times (always the same side) and I have no idea why.

If it's just the center part of the button it's probably broken. If that little ridge is broken the button will pop out. Check yours

IMGA0126 (resized).JPGIMGA0126 (resized).JPG

#3189 6 years ago

Good excuse to upgrade to LED lit flipper buttons. it's a sign.

#3190 6 years ago

Thanks , That did it

#3191 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There's an adjustment arm underneath the drop target under the playfield. Pop the hood and have at it.

Thanks for the reply ,all even know

#3192 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Good excuse to upgrade to LED lit flipper buttons. it's a sign.

Yup, it's an easy DIY project.

#3193 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup, it's an easy DIY project.

Yeah I am thinking about picking up the purple ones from PBL, i think that color would fit nicely but have to wait a bit, my GB is being picked up tonight by a local stern approved repair person to have my cab swapped out.

#3194 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Doodled some ghostbusters flipper toppers. Not sure if I'll ever get around to sculpting or casting them, but thought this thread might dig em'

i love the proton pack ones!

#3195 6 years ago

Yeah I am thinking about picking up the purple ones from PBL, i think that color would fit nicely but have to wait a bit, my GB is being picked up tonight by a local stern approved repair person to have my cab swapped out.

I went the Purple LED Flipper Button route myself for my Premium. I think it adds a nice touch, and fits the art package and ZY Stern Art blades/inner decals.

#3196 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I went the Purple LED Flipper Button route myself for my Premium. I think it adds a nice touch, and fits the art package and ZY Stern Art blades/inner decals.

I went purple as well on my premium. They look great!

#3197 6 years ago

I did the cointaker for spike system led flipper buttons in purple. Super easy and they look good!

#3198 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Quoted from gweempose:

I went purple as well on my premium. They look great!

Which did you guys use? cointaker? or PBL? (or other)

#3199 6 years ago

Which did you guys use? cointaker? or PBL? (or other)

I've never tried the Cointaker ones, but I've installed the PBL ones on many of my games. They are awesome!

#3200 6 years ago

After the imminent release of Star Wars, maybe Dwight will be able to give some more love to GB?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
15,699 (OBO)
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/64?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.