IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 250.
#3101 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Awesome- thank you very much

You're welcome

#3102 6 years ago

has anyone swapped out the rubbers on this game yet? i changed out the black ones for a combination of translucent white and translucent green ones. it looks great.

one problem, though -- there is one large rubber ring to the left of the pops that i could not for the life of me figure out how to get off of there. i disassembled just about everything. i took off the ramps. i removed the Gozer plastic. i even removed the four screws underneath the playfield holding the Slimer arm in place, but that didn't help. it seems like i need to remove the slimer arm completely, but i can't figure out a way to do that. am i missing something obvious?

(GB Pro by the way)

#3103 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

has anyone swapped out the rubbers on this game yet? i changed out the black ones for a combination of translucent white and translucent green ones. it looks great.
one problem, though -- there is one large rubber ring to the left of the pops that i could not for the life of me figure out how to get off of there. i disassembled just about everything. i took off the ramps. i removed the Gozer plastic. i even removed the four screws underneath the playfield holding the Slimer arm in place, but that didn't help. it seems like i need to remove the slimer arm completely, but i can't figure out a way to do that. am i missing something obvious?
(GB Pro by the way)

I changed my rings out to one of the Titan kits. Of course I took everything off the playfield to do it-as I was installing a playfield protector at the same time. My post was #2673.With everything off-I just slide both rings up the Slimer boom and off.

Mine was a Prem and may be different the the Pro.

IMG_0044 2 (resized).JPGIMG_0044 2 (resized).JPG

#3104 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

(GB Pro by the way)

I replaced all my rubbers also with the clear translucent ones. It was a while ago. You have to remove Slimer to replace that rubber. If I recall correctly you have to remove the 'c' clips on the pivot point of Slimer so that you can take him off. Be careful of the little spacers on the pivot pin. They fell off and I had some trouble figuring out how they went on reassembly. Take some good pictures

#3105 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

I replaced all my rubbers also with the clear translucent ones. It was a while ago. You have to remove Slimer to replace that rubber. If I recall correctly you have to remove the 'c' clips on the pivot point of Slimer so that you can take him off. Be careful of the little spacers on the pivot pin. They fell off and I had some trouble figuring out how they went on reassembly. Take some good pictures

ugh, that's what i was afraid of. i didn't want to totally disassemble that arm as well as removing it. bleah.

#3106 6 years ago

Added the DIY storage facility mod to my Pro the other day. Lots of dremelling and cutting, but it turned out nice. Really like it. MUCH BETTER than the flat plastic. LED action and function seems more obvious now.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG

3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG

#3107 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

You can try these... They will extend the height and fit the nut
ebay.com link
ebay.com link

Sweet. I'm going to do this in conjunction with the purple wedges.

Should be the ultimate solution.

#3108 6 years ago

gonna try reinstalling the game code. Then if that doesn't work, I just got a tip to try to swap the node boards # 8 and # 9 to see if the fixes the scoleri brother issue. it would make me feel better knowing someone else had this issue, sadly it sounds like I'm the only one.
guess we'll see.

#3109 6 years ago

Does anyone know if it's normal on the premium for one side of magna sling flasher inserts to remain lit at times?

I've only played a couples games as I've been installing mods / protectors but have seen this occur a couple times after the magna slings activate. Once the ball drains the lights do go out and I think during gameplay I saw them go out when the magna slings were activated again (can't recall for sure).

#3110 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone know if it's normal on the premium for one side of magna sling flasher inserts to remain lit at times?

I'm pretty sure that after a certain amount of hits, they stay lit - and when they're lit, that means they're gonna do trickster magnet stuff with the ball. So if one sling got hit more than the other, that particular sling will stay lit to let you know it's goofy time.

#3111 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm pretty sure that after a certain amount of hits, they stay lit - and when they're lit, that means they're gonna do trickster magnet stuff with the ball. So if one sling got hit more than the other, that particular sling will stay lit to let you know it's goofy time.

Ah ok! Makes sense. Thank you! That's cool Dwight coded that in.

#3112 6 years ago

Finally had a chance to play a good 10 games tonight on my new premium after a few hours of installing mods, flipper button protectors, Williams leg plates, shooter lane cliffy, mylar in shooter lane, Pinnovators sub adapter, lighter speaker kit, and then cleaning / waxing the playfield. Still need to install the official art blades but they are on the way.

Wow, what a fun game! The game is super fast and tough as nails. Audio quality is very nice and the Pinnovators subwoofer kit combined with a 10" Polk sub sound awesome. I really like all of the skill shot options, I never understood them until I took some time and went through them tonight.

Everything mechanically is working great out of the box. The magna slings are very cool and seem responsive. The magna slings and subway ramp are both really unique features to have on a pinball machine that I've never seen before. Very happy to have added this game to my collection.

#3113 6 years ago

the speed of this game is really wonderful. i can't stop playing it. it did require a lot of tweaking on my part to get it right, but now that it's dialed in, it is a speed demon and a brutal monster, but it is absolutely both fair and fun. those STDM drains people complain about CAN be mitigated if you know when to nudge.

#3114 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

gonna try reinstalling the game code. Then if that doesn't work, I just got a tip to try to swap the node boards # 8 and # 9 to see if the fixes the scoleri brother issue. it would make me feel better knowing someone else had this issue, sadly it sounds like I'm the only one.
guess we'll see.

I haven't heard of your issue before.
Here's a guess..
I suppose it's possible that you could have one or more rj45 (node ethernet) connectors that aren't seated correctly.
When my GB was brand new the whole game would black out and then restart like a pc restarting. Others here on pinside advised me to check the rj45 connectors. I went through the whole machine disconnecting and then re-connecting these rj45s firmly. Ever since I haven't had a single resetting issue.
Like I said, just a guess.
Good luck.
Junky

#3115 6 years ago

@allibaster, where did you buy the DIY storage facility mod

#3116 6 years ago

This is what I get for not reading this whole thread before really playing my GB premium. An airball flew into my ecto goggles and cracked the LCD screen. Thankfully the mirror survived unscathed. I purchased a replacement LCD node board from Marco but it arrived defective and they are out of stock. Good ol' steve at Marco took both boards back to try and repair them, but I'm still without one for now.

Apparently, the GI is in series with the node board via the two network cables on the back. So the game is dark without it plugged in. In case anyone has this problem, you can run the GI cable directly to the LED board underneath the playfield taking the node board out of the loop. It will still throw a node board error on startup, but you can play with lights on.

I have every ecto goggles metal and plastic shield ready to go for when I get one of those node boards back. Lessons learned.

#3117 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

This is what I get for not reading this whole thread before really playing my GB premium. An airball flew into my ecto goggles and cracked the LCD screen. Thankfully the mirror survived unscathed. I purchased a replacement LCD node board from Marco but it arrived defective and they are out of stock. Good ol' steve at Marco took both boards back to try and repair them, but I'm still without one for now.
Apparently, the GI is in series with the node board via the two network cables on the back. So the game is dark without it plugged in. In case anyone has this problem, you can run the GI cable directly to the LED board underneath the playfield taking the node board out of the loop. It will still throw a node board error on startup, but you can play with lights on.
I have every ecto goggles metal and plastic shield ready to go for when I get one of those node boards back. Lessons learned.

Bummer

#3118 6 years ago
Quoted from lash:

allibaster, where did you buy the DIY storage facility mod

It's out of the Walter Peck Ghostbusters action figure set. About $30 from Amazon or eBay. You have to cut and drill yourself.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-containment-unit-upgrade

#3119 6 years ago

hi guys,just to show you a mod made by yoyokopter
many thanks to him

IMG_20170519_221430 (resized).jpgIMG_20170519_221430 (resized).jpg

#3120 6 years ago

and just another game to prove that GB is quite unbalanced on how its scoring...
or may be just to confirm what we're saying in tournament : pinball is a 1 ball game...

ok than,

ball 1 : 155.000 pts (quite hard to score less than that)
ball 2 : something in the 500.000 pts ... misery continues lol
ball 3 (+EB) : i got quite all, only BACK OFF MAN missing to get the big wizard, finishing my game at +8B (and again i didnt "think/play" with the PF multiplier, that's for sure my biggest prob on this game)

finally, games like that are making GB even more fun

#3121 6 years ago

k I figured out my scoleri brother issue, it was something I fixed in another game before so I should of known better. Something extremely stupid. The reason I was having so much trouble was because the two times I went to specific test mode it worked fine. Finally after doing all of the things I listed above I went back into the game specific test for a third time and it didn't want to go back down. The metal trip lever needed to be adjusted slightly. the coil was firing off but the magnetic pull wasn't enough in some instances to get it work properly. At least I'll know better for next time, even if the test are working it doesn't mean it works 100% of the time.

still need to find that post for the right ramp, went to ace hardware and they didn't have anything below 10-24 for coupler nuts ( I believe is what they called them). I'm getting better at backhanding it.

#3122 6 years ago

What ecto-1 one mod is the one that gets installed over the left ramp?

I've seen a couple setup like that.

#3124 6 years ago

No Hot Wheels.

#3125 6 years ago

Is this a mod that someone is selling? I thought I saw one lit up.

Also, if it's a die cast car, how is it installed?

Thanks

#3126 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and just another game to prove that GB is quite unbalanced on how its scoring...
or may be just to confirm what we're saying in tournament : pinball is a 1 ball game...
ok than,
ball 1 : 155.000 pts (quite hard to score less than that)
ball 2 : something in the 500.000 pts ... misery continues lol
ball 3 (+EB) : i got quite all, only BACK OFF MAN missing to get the big wizard, finishing my game at +8B (and again i didnt "think/play" with the PF multiplier, that's for sure my biggest prob on this game)
finally, games like that are making GB even more fun

PF multiplier is something I never try for, unless it's by a skill shot. It's hard to get 2x lit from the captive balls and 3x - forget about it, I have never done it! Maybe if the captive balls didn't time out or we could set the timeout longer? But, GB isn't really about the multipliers anyhow. GoT on the other hand...

Rob

#3127 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

k coupler nuts ( I believe is what they called them). I'm getting better at backhanding it.

Rod coupling

#3128 6 years ago

Does anyone have a diagram of the plunger assembly? Mine came completely apart, springs, rod, washer, etc. I want to make sure I put this back together the right way. Any help is greatly appreciated!

#3129 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Does anyone have a diagram of the plunger assembly? Mine came completely apart, springs, rod, washer, etc. I want to make sure I put this back together the right way. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Probably the same as your Star Trek or Metallica.

#3130 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Probably the same as your Star Trek or Metallica.

Doh. Good point. I do have one extra washer that I can't seem to find where it should go but it appears to be working for now lol

#3131 6 years ago

Here's a picture of mine.

IMG_0002 (resized).jpgIMG_0002 (resized).jpg

IMG_0003 (resized).jpgIMG_0003 (resized).jpg

Just make sure you get the washer orientation correct.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/perhaps-the-most-ocd-question-ever-asked

#3132 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Did yours already have the left side protector installed from factory? Mine didn't come with one but they shipped it later. Wondering if I still need the full plastic protector.

#3133 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Did yours already have the left side protector installed from factory? Mine didn't come with one but they shipped it later. Wondering if I still need the full plastic protector.

It didn't have one but I'm not taking any chances and am going with both.

#3134 6 years ago

So i want to get a ColorDMD for my GB Prem. Should I go with LED or LCD? Can someone educate me real quick?

#3135 6 years ago

Hard to say, i like the led cause it fits in the space better, but the lcd's high res setting is really cool.
Sorry for not helping much

#3136 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Hard to say, i like the led cause it fits in the space better, but the lcd's high res setting is really cool.
Sorry for not helping much

LCD can't do dots XL right? Or is the hi res kind of similar?
Rob

Added over 7 years ago: LED can't do dotsXL, LCD can.. I must have been tired when I posted that.

Rob

#3137 6 years ago

Lcd does have dots xl, high res is no dots more like a cartoon look.
Led does not do high res.

#3138 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

And the LED looks more like pinpoints of colored light to me. I prefer the LCD in anything it fits in, LED when it does not.

#3139 6 years ago

Got the purple wedges and the 1/4 inch spacers installed under the airball deflector.

Very happy with the game now. Ball glides freely under the deflector when going up the ramp.

#3140 6 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

And the LED looks more like pinpoints of colored light to me. I prefer the LCD in anything it fits in, LED when it does not.

Has color DMD released one for GB??

#3141 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Has color DMD released one for GB??

No...
But you could run one of many single color choices .

#3142 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Sorry, it must have been a long day. I got LCD and LED mixed up.

Rob

#3143 6 years ago

How come sometimes when you complete Slimer it lights the first mode inserts and sometimes it doesn't? When they don't light, I feel like I have to hit the right orbit in order to start a mode.

#3144 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

How come sometimes when you complete Slimer it lights the first mode inserts and sometimes it doesn't? When they don't light, I feel like I have to hit the right orbit in order to start a mode.

It should light the next available mode to complete in each ladder which may or may not be the first one.

#3145 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

It should light the next available mode to complete in each ladder which may or may not be the first one.

I meant before any modes have been started, sorry. Usually Ball 1, hit ghost target, slimer swings down. Hit him 3 times, he goes away. At this point, sometimes the mode inserts are lit and sometimes they aren't. When they aren't lit, hitting right orbit will start WBTD. Slimer is always on the ecto goggle display when they aren't lit.

I'm not sure what causes either outcome.

#3146 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Slimer is always on the ecto goggle display when they aren't lit.

I think the slimer ecto shot is the final shot needed to complete slimer mode and light the modes. That's why they aren't lit and WBTD starts. Not sure why this happens as the slimer mode doesn't always seem to need the ecto shot to complete.

#3147 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the slimer ecto shot is the final shot needed to complete slimer mode and light the modes. That's why they aren't lit and WBTD starts. Not sure why this happens as the slimer mode doesn't always seem to need the ecto shot to complete.

Yep. I think it's a bug. Sometimes you have to hit Slimer in the ecto goggles to complete it, and other times you don't. And what sucks is that when you nail the hologram, it automatically starts WBTD. I don't think this is how it's supposed to work.

#3148 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. I think it's a bug. Sometimes you have to hit Slimer in the ecto goggles to complete it, and other times you don't. And what sucks is that when you nail the hologram, it automatically starts WBTD. I don't think this is how it's supposed to work.

yup, this is the case.. seems totally random. but often need to hit ecto to start scene, if its a half loop,and just hits the ecto it will light scenes, a full hit will start wbtd, which can be annoying

#3149 6 years ago

Ah...I thought I was just missing something. The bug should definitely be fixed. I didn't notice mention of it in the V1.13 bug thread. Has anyone notified Stern? I could assume they know but have learned to assume nothing.

#3150 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Ah...I thought I was just missing something. The bug should definitely be fixed. I didn't notice mention of it in the V1.13 bug thread. Has anyone notified Stern? I could assume they know but have learned to assume nothing.

Doesn't hurt to remind them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

15,699 (OBO)
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/63?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.