IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 250.
#3051 6 years ago

In my league, a couple guys just cross there arms and so right hand is on left flipper and vise versa

#3052 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

In my league, a couple guys just cross there arms and so right hand is on left flipper and vise versa

I do the same after hearing others mention it here on Pinside. It sounds crazy, but it works. The only problem is crossing your hands when the mode starts and uncrossing when it ends. But I think I could play an entire game of reversed flippers by just crossing my hands. The mind is an interesting thing!

#3053 6 years ago

finally got Slimer, the Scoleri Brothers, and the right orbit switch adjusted to my liking, and i had a monster game last night!

i managed to get to Stay Puft mode, with 6x Playfield, and i started Storage Facility Multiball right when it started. i then made 22 loopin supers in a row during multiball / 6x playfield / Stay Puft. ended up with about 4.5 billion. (my previous best was about 1.5 billion)

unfortunately, i wasn't able to hit any of the Stay Puft mode multipliers before choosing the form of the destructor, otherwise i could have had an even higher score.

when i finished that ball, i took a bow and basked in the applause of the imaginary crowd in my basement, haha.

#3054 6 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

I do the same after hearing others mention it here on Pinside. It sounds crazy, but it works. The only problem is crossing your hands when the mode starts and uncrossing when it ends. But I think I could play an entire game of reversed flippers by just crossing my hands. The mind is an interesting thing!

i was skeptical when i first heard of that trick but after trying it, it's just by far the best way to approach that mode. the mode still needs more obvious indicators of when the flippers are switching, though.

#3055 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

unfortunately, i wasn't able to hit any of the Stay Puft mode multipliers before choosing the form of the destructor

Awesome game. That's the a good stack.

What are the multipliers? You can increase the 1x 1x 1x 1x?

#3056 6 years ago

I would love for some type of visual cue for when the flippers reverse, on top of the sound notification. Perhaps make use of the red flashers in the outlanes that were intended for the proton beams. Like, light them both up when flippers are reversed, and off when 'normal'.

#3057 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Awesome game. That's the a good stack.

yeah, you can increase them by hitting various switches before hitting a ramp or orbit.

i'm like two months behind on this thread. sorry for the multi-posts!

Quoted from clue2025:

Ok. I have a question for owners/operators:
I played in C Division this past weekend at PAPA and played Ghost Busters. I hit the hurry-up shot for 101 million points. I put my name in and everything. However, the game only scored me 30 million. The guy after me did the same thing: Hit a 110 million hurry-up, put his name in. Only had 80 million points.
Is there a way in the system to shut off the hurry-up score? Like make it so the shot doesn't count at all? I was already playing bad but that really blew my vibe for the rest of the weekend.

this is old, but i didn't see anyone answer it, and since the bug is still present in the current code, i thought i'd respond:

the good news is your game score was correct -- there's a bug that causes the game to get confused about the value of the Terror Dog Hurry Up, but only in regards to the Terror Dog high score list. you didn't actually hit a 100 million point shot. somewhere under the covers, the Hurry Up value keeps accumulating every time its collected, even though it gives you the correct value in-game. after a certain point, every player that manages to hit any terror dog shot will be prompted to enter their initials at the end, and given credit for some outrageous terror dog value that they didn't actually earn. rebooting the game resets the hurry up for real.

the bug is still there on the latest code, but only shows up if the game is played a whole bunch of times in succession, and doesn't affect anything except the terror dog champion screen.

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does anyone think that the video modes are severely unbalanced compared to the rest of the starting modes? When you can get 60 million off a video mode and only 20 million off something like Who Brought the Dog, it just doesn't seem right. You can easily rack up 120 - 180 million just playing video modes off the skill shot, whereas you need to finish 5 or 6 regular modes to accomplish the same thing.
Unless there is something I'm missing?

yeah, the video modes are definitely overpowered at least until you get very good at the game. interesting note: the playfield multipliers DO apply to the video mode, so if you can get 6x going and then hit Cross the Streams, it can be worth over 350 million! in competition, if you're up against people who don't really know the game super well, simply going for video modes on all three skill shots will probably win you a pretty high percentage of matches.

against players who really know the game, you have to hit the playfield multipliers on the skill shot.

what's even weirder about this game is how crucial the skillshot is. i'm not sure there's another pin in the world where making your skillshot is so important. if you're trying to start a mode and you miss, then you have to make at least 3 risky shots (ghost target, slimer, slimer) plus the mode start shot in order to catch up. and the 2x/3x multipliers skillshot is even more impactful - it can rocket your game into the stratosphere if made at the right time.

Quoted from Rob_G:

DCTS video mode made ESP video mode irrelevant because DCTS is guaranteed points where ESP is not. ESP takes too many guesses to become valuable and you are most likely going to fail before you get above 60 million. I would have preferred DCTS starts from the left scoop as a random award perhaps because it does not fit in (IMHO) with the right scoop ESP.
Rob

not true -- ESP gives you an automatic correct guess for every ten ghosts you've collected. so in the latter stages of long games, ESP passes up DCTS in points.

#3058 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

not true -- ESP gives you an automatic correct guess for every ten ghosts you've collected. so in the latter stages of long games, ESP passes up DCTS in points.

That's fine if most players actually know that rule exists and you have enough ghosts collected to make it far enough. Otherwise ESP still just isn't worth playing. The starting value is also way too low - I think it should start from at least 1 million and go from there.

Quoted from pezpunk:

the good news is your game score was correct -- there's a bug that causes the game to get confused about the value of the Terror Dog Hurry Up, but only in regards to the Terror Dog high score list. you didn't actually hit a 100 million point shot

Was this one reported to Dwight? There were other issues with Terror Dog hurry up scoring that were fixed in the last update.

Rob

#3059 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I thought that was only for tournament mode. I'm not finding that to be the case when I play.

#3060 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

of course
but my son didnt do it, still playing (and playing well of course) without crossing hands... !!!
to me i just cant as it, my brain is to old, coordination is fragmented lol

Quoted from ramegoom:

Too bad you can't disable that reversed-flipper feature thru the menu. When I get to that mode, I end up pounding both flippers like a 2-year old kid. Wear and tear on the system when you do that. And no control whatsoever. Probably the number two frustration in the game, STDM being number one.
So.
I will be designing a circuit that reverses the reverse flippers when that mode kicks in. Flippers will then work normally throughout that mode. My goal for the next few weeks. Someday they might add a disable menu choice to the code, but I can't wait for someday.

asked from time to D.
mainly 3 options would be very nice :

1. factory setting : as now
2. no flipper change at all
3. flipper change, and remain as it during all the MHMB, than back to normal when it ends

#3061 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

yeah, you can increase them by hitting various switches before hitting a ramp or orbit

wrong...

Quoted from pinden007:

you increase them only with the GOOZER target, and the multiplicators are changing while hittings the bumpers

#3062 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I would love for some type of visual cue for when the flippers reverse, on top of the sound notification. Perhaps make use of the red flashers in the outlanes that were intended for the proton beams. Like, light them both up when flippers are reversed, and off when 'normal'.

also in the wish-list from time...

#3063 6 years ago

I'd prefer the Mass Hystaria was more like the 'Lost in the zone' from TZ. Big multiball with unlimited add-a-balls that is timed, then drains all balls when timer is up.

Reasons why:
- The flipped buttons thing is super annoying, and (in my opinion) not fun.
- The captive ball 'reversal' makes the above point x2 annoying.
- To allow the player to turn off the flipped buttons in the menu will result in MASSIVE scores for people shooting for 100 ghosts, and no one will leave the feature on, just like no one chooses cards in video mode.

#3064 6 years ago

of course its just "personal" taste, for me here at home i would choose setting 3... like in TSPP

#3065 6 years ago

Hi guys. Google is not helping me here. Neither is the search option on pinside.

Does anybody know what the specific differences are when you install the director's cut from the installs menu?

And no, it's not in the service manual either.

Thanks
Junky

#3066 6 years ago

I asked before if it's possible to reset high score #4 and the answer was no.

Is it possible to reset all high scores? I have friends coming over and I think it would be more fun for them if the scores were reset.

Also, tonight on my last game something got out of whack because my right ramp was scoring as if it was the left ramp, e.g., it started we got one and scored a super jackpot with call out. (on the pro).

#3067 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Is it possible to reset all high scores? I have friends coming over and I think it would be more fun for them if the scores were reset.
Also, tonight on my last game something got out of whack because my right ramp was scoring as if it was the left ramp, e.g., it started we got one and scored a super jackpot with call out. (on the pro).

I cruised through the menus and could not find an option to clear HSTD. i wanted to do the same thing as far as lowering the score to default. I could do it on every game except GB.

I am curious to see this answered also.

#3068 6 years ago

Received my NIB Ghostbusters Premium yesterday! Build date is 3-25-17, playfield 2-20-17. Cabinet looks great but I still installed the Williams brackets for it.

Only issue I had was with a portion of the left outlane area, part of the left orbit and all under the apron of the game having a residue left on the playfield. The area did not feel smooth like the rest of the playfield but rough. Visually it looked the same. I used Novus 2, buffed it like crazy and now it's fine like the rest of the game. Maybe dried wax?

#3069 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Only issue I had was with a portion of the left outlane area, part of the left orbit and all under the apron of the game having a residue left on the playfield. The area did not feel smooth like the rest of the playfield but rough. Visually it looked the same. I used Novus 2, buffed it like crazy and now it's fine like the rest of the game. Maybe dried wax?

I'm not sure what that was, but I don't think they wax them at the factory.

#3070 6 years ago

ColorDMD - GB Pro - Pin-a-Go-Go this weekend!

Woo-hoo!

IMAG0065 (resized).jpgIMAG0065 (resized).jpg

#3071 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Woo-hoo!

That looks good

#3072 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Woo-hoo!

More pics please .
Is that led or lcd ?

#3073 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Woo-hoo!

Cheddar,
Looks like your using the speaker LED's RGB controller to trigger the Color DMD to match as its a function. What DMD lens did you use, clear? link to the product?

There is no file for color yet from ColorDMD for GB.

#3074 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

There is no file for color yet from ColorDMD for GB

Yes but you can install a color DmD led/lcd and set to a single color.
I've been thinking of getting one to do this as well.
Looks great Cheddar.

#3075 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys. Google is not helping me here. Neither is the search option on pinside.
Does anybody know what the specific differences are when you install the director's cut from the installs menu?
And no, it's not in the service manual either.
Thanks
Junky

good question!

#3076 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Quoted from sgorsuch:

I cruised through the menus and could not find an option to clear HSTD. i wanted to do the same thing as far as lowering the score to default. I could do it on every game except GB.
I am curious to see this answered also.

Here you go..
Utilities/Resets/Reset Grand Champion and Reset High Scores

Junky

#3077 6 years ago

Here you go..
Junky

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I assume that resets looping supers,etc., too.

#3078 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

More pics please .
Is that led or lcd ?

LCD. 2017-05-17 08.33.40 (resized).jpg2017-05-17 08.33.40 (resized).jpg

I'll grab some more pics it the show

#3079 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Cheddar,
Looks like your using the speaker LED's RGB controller to trigger the Color DMD to match as its a function. What DMD lens did you use, clear? link to the product?
There is no file for color yet from ColorDMD for GB.

nah, I just got them close by hand. I wish I could sync them.

Yeah no color dots from CDMD for GB yet. I'm just using sigma but I am ready the minute the dots drop

#3080 6 years ago

What is Sigma ?
Is it a manufacturer or type of display ?
Sorry , I should know this .
I just want to get it right .

#3081 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm not sure what that was, but I don't think they wax them at the factory.

Some guys are thinking maybe it was clear over spray? Whatever it was I'm glad it buffed out, Novus saves the day again.

#3082 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

What is Sigma ?
Is it a manufacturer or type of display ?
Sorry , I should know this .
I just want to get it right .

Sigma is the mode you use when there is no color file for the game. You can pick any one color or you might be able to fade back and forth from all colors.

#3083 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sigma is the mode you use when there is no color file for the game. You can pick any one color or you might be able to fade back and forth from all colors.

So it's used with the color dMD screen but is called sigma. And you choose it as an option on the display itself .

#3084 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So it's used with the color dMD screen but is called sigma. And you choose it as an option on the display itself .

It's what ColorDMD calls a display they sell with no multi-color coded file yet.

Choose from 49 monochrome colors is my memory is correct.

#3085 6 years ago

I just played my absolute best game ever!
GB is a frustrating pin with tons of center drains. I have A LOT of bad games, but when I have a good game it's a total BLAST!

I had Mass Hysteria twice, stay puft, we came we saw.., and a 6x multiplier.

Standard 3 ball game
Factory Defaults, except special = extra ball
Outlane Posts in the bottom holes
7 degree slope

I'm stoked!

Junky

20170517_133853.jpg20170517_133853.jpg

#3086 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It's what ColorDMD calls a display they sell with no multi-color coded file yet.
Choose from 49 monochrome colors is my memory is correct.

Cool , thanks guys .

#3087 6 years ago

nice score

and than again on GB, the PF multiplier is "the" key, and it makes the scores so unbalanced, but OK in a another way it could be so tactical
my son had a similar games as yours (200+ ghosts, 2 MH, 2 ladders completed ... from what i remember), and scores "only" the 1/2 of your points

#3088 6 years ago

GB is a frustrating pin with tons of center drains. I have A LOT of bad games, but when I have a good game it's a total BLAST!
I had Mass Hysteria twice, stay puft, we came we saw.., and a 6x multiplier.
Standard 3 ball game
Factory Defaults, except special = extra ball
Outlane Posts in the bottom holes
7 degree slope
I'm stoked!
Junky

Ok...That's the highest I've ever seen. Holy sht nice job! Blows aways my 12b. (I don't feel so bad resetting it now)

I bet you had some big time end of ball bonuses too!

You are unstoppable!

#3089 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Ok...That's the highest I've ever seen. Holy sht nice job! Blows aways my 12b. (I don't feel so bad resetting it now)
I bet you had some big time end of ball bonuses too!
You are unstoppable!

Thank you guys

#3090 6 years ago

Here you go..
Junky

Awesome- thank you very much

#3091 6 years ago

quick question, bought a GB premium 3 weeks ago or so.

the ghost brother pop up targets,
lets say they pop up, then you drain before hitting either one. the right one goes down, but the left "tony", stays up on the next ball until you hit him down. Nothing happens when you hit him, as far as ghost collection. I'm assuming this isn't supposed to happen.

also how the hell are you supposed to hit the right ramp. The ball always goes most of the way up and around, but very rarely all the way. I know when you pop the ball slightly on the right flipper to get it to move over a bit, it gives you a chance to backhand it. That seems to work better, but that method seems near impossible as well.

#3092 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

lets say they pop up, then you drain before hitting either one. the right one goes down, but the left "tony", stays up on the next ball until you hit him down. Nothing happens when you hit him, as far as ghost collection. I'm assuming this isn't supposed to happen.
also how the hell are you supposed to hit the right ramp. The ball always goes most of the way up and around, but very rarely all the way. I know when you pop the ball slightly on the right flipper to get it to move over a bit, it gives you a chance to backhand it. That seems to work better, but that method seems near impossible as well.

Both ghosts should drop down after the ball drains.

Right ramp fix https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/35#post-3456128

In the interim, try using Novus 1 on the ramp. I did this on my pro (along with waxing the playfield) an the ball zooms up the ramp.

#3093 6 years ago

Here you go..
Junky

I just noticed the GB pro on route has all the high scores reset but the grand champion.

#3094 6 years ago

Seeing these high scores is depressing haha

#3095 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

your small 'reset' solenoid on the pop up target is not firing. Theres a big one that pushes the target up onto the playfield, then a small sideways one that taps the target back down when needed. I dont have a lot of experience troubleshooting the issue but thats where you need to start looking.

#3096 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I just noticed the GB pro on route has all the high scores reset but the grand champion.

High scores (except GC) get reset after an amount of time. Mine just reset as well

#3097 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

High scores (except GC) get reset after an amount of time. Mine just reset as well

That's odd... reset after a random amount of time. Wish I could reset all mine but gc now.

Goodbye 29 ls.

I am going to email stern to see if they know specifics.

#3098 6 years ago

got it, thanks for the ramp fix, weird that they wouldn't of done something about that by now. every 20 times I actually hit the ramp maybe 1 makes it, if I'm lucky.

the brothers seems to work when they both aren't hit, they both go back down if the ball drains.

the left one tony, stays up if his brother is hit down and the ball drains.
if the tony is hit, Nunzio will go down when the ball drains.

if that isn't supposed to happen then one of my node boards is messed up.
the game code is 1.13 which is the latest.

#3099 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

That's odd... reset after a random amount of time. Wish I could reset all mine but gc now.
Goodbye 29 ls.
I am going to email stern to see if they know specifics.

It's not random.

Look through the menus. One of them is for the reset.

I believe it is default to reset after a 1000 plays. You can adjust it or turn it off.

#3100 6 years ago

You beat me to it!

20170517_201219.jpg20170517_201219.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/62?hl=ecto1a2003 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.