New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 158155)

Ghostbusters Club - We Got One!!!

By 30FathomDave

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,882 posts
  • 716 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by shaunpurslow
  • Topic is favorited by 269 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,673 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020-11-25-18-38-42 (resized).jpg
IMG_3982 (resized).JPG
IMG_3978 (resized).JPG
IMG_3980 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8762 (resized).jpg
C3A46B35-B443-4954-938A-6B08B06D7C28 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).jpg
2573626B-9D7A-47A3-97A6-5BD3E58514EE (resized).jpeg
FF120A9B-FA78-472F-805D-B2275F4A58C0 (resized).jpeg
5713752D-1999-46EC-863E-F73AA802B3C4 (resized).jpeg
AFF0B540-ECF4-49C5-B413-829E69B699D5 (resized).jpeg
38F687D3-D891-4678-96AB-28C5F2E4F9BA (resized).jpeg
418AC15F-D784-48C7-897C-C6587E1A817F (resized).jpeg
IMG_8278 (resized).jpg
215CC573-3E9C-4682-BD48-3ED097FF78E2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8882 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 178.
#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Was hoping to get a 1959 Cadillac meteor miller some day but settled for this instead has march build date.

Congrats. Put the HD leg braces on the front legs right away to play it safe.

#3002 3 years ago

Have been doing my fair share of reading and my go that route did notice the the outer rail is no long wood its a piece of steel so no rail guard needed. Also looks like ball trough on the out going side may have been changed to help stop the shooter lane damage got 10 games on it have one one switch thats sometimes doesn't register during game play will adjust it and go from there. Been busy also waiting on stuff ordered for it to show up before i set it up for prime time play. Played 3 different ones a pro,premium and an le in town before getting mine.

#3003 3 years ago

Just got my GB Prem and wow, so much fun! Its like Iron Man on steroids with a lot more to shoot! So is 5 billion a good score on this thing or no? Just had a fun game!

#3004 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just got my GB Prem and wow, so much fun! Its like Iron Man on steroids with a lot more to shoot! So is 5 billion a good score on this thing or no? Just had a fun game!

Yes 5 billion is a great score. You scored that and you just got the game?

#3005 3 years ago

How many extra balls though
Great score. Took me a long time to crack that billion digit.

#3006 3 years ago

Finally unpacked my prem this weekend; what a beautiful pin

I do have Slimer drag his butt on the metal though. So if I understand correctly I should add a washer?

Thx!

#3007 3 years ago

Curious about a single issue I've noticed with the game, wondering if anyone else has this. I've got the Pro and sometimes when I hit the right orbit for a scene shot it doesn't register it. It only happens if I hit it cleanly at top speed, if it hits the ramp on the way up and slows down it always triggers...anyone else experience this? If the shot is to start a scene it always triggers since the ball is held, I'm specifically referring to scene progress shots.
Also I flipping love this table, I'm so glad I purchased it! I still haven't managed to clear all scenes on a game(running factory rules). I've gotten 7/9 before, that was as close as I've gotten. Top scores so far are 8.7bil and 7.9bil, have only gotten 2-3bil beyond that a few times.

#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes 5 billion is a great score. You scored that and you just got the game?

Yes. About my 15th game if I had to guess. But like the 14 other ones I never even broke 1 billion, not even close. I have now played it a ton but haven't come close to that score lol

#3009 3 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Curious about a single issue I've noticed with the game, wondering if anyone else has this. I've got the Pro and sometimes when I hit the right orbit for a scene shot it doesn't register it.

Easy fix. Just remove the mylar right before the switch and you'll be good to go.

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Finally unpacked my prem this weekend; what a beautiful pin
I do have Slimer drag his butt on the metal though. So if I understand correctly I should add a washer?
Thx!

First Check to see there is no extra Plastic or metal solder under his butt.

You can either or in Combo, remove the 3 washers under the captive plate that it is hitting,
or using a Hex key, loosen the Grub/Set screw on the Boom pole.
Raise it 1 to 2mm and tighten.

You can add a washer underneath if you wish, shooter rod washers are the perfect size.

#3011 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Easy fix. Just remove the mylar right before the switch and you'll be good to go.

Thanks so much! I'm new to ownership, I'll give that a shot. I guess it is causing it to jump over the switch at high speed?

#3012 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

This is the first pin where my 4 year old scoots a chair over, turns it on and plays all by herself. Don't care what the haters think, we love it.

Funny you mentioned this - my 2.5 year old does the same thing and is literally learning pinball on it. He waits for the ball to come to him. It's pretty amazing! He loves this machine.

#3013 3 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Thanks so much! I'm new to ownership, I'll give that a shot. I guess it is causing it to jump over the switch at high speed?

Yep. That's exactly what is happening.

#3014 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. That's exactly what is happening.

The only thing I can see before the rollover target is a long sticker with the traffic art on it, I can see the rectangular outline of the sticker itself, is this what I need to pull off? My machine is only about a month old so it sounds like it should have the mylar based on the previous posts I was reading through in this thread.

#3015 3 years ago

You might need to adjust the switch it is rolling over instead of removing factory Mylar

#3016 3 years ago

You could try adjusting the switch, but that has not corrected the issue for many on here. It sounds like the rectangular sticker is the factory mylar. It should come up easily, and you could use something like Goo Gone to get rid of any residue (though I had almost none).

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

The only thing I can see before the rollover target is a long sticker with the traffic art on it, I can see the rectangular outline of the sticker itself, is this what I need to pull off? My machine is only about a month old so it sounds like it should have the mylar based on the previous posts I was reading through in this thread.

The traffic art is actually on the playfield, not the mylar, but it may look that way at first glance.

That long strip of mylar is what you need to remove.

#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The traffic art is actually on the playfield, not the mylar, but it may look that way at first glance.
That long strip of mylar is what you need to remove.

Ah alright, got it, thanks folks!

#3019 3 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

You might need to adjust the switch it is rolling over instead of removing factory Mylar

The Mylar is what the problem is, not the switch.

#3020 3 years ago

Can someone point to where this Mylar is on the Pro? Just want to be sure. Also, do you need to use freeze spray or just pick at it?

#3021 3 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Can someone point to where this Mylar is on the Pro? Just want to be sure. Also, do you need to use freeze spray or just pick at it?

Freeze spray is unnecessary. Just pick at the edge until you can grab on to it and it will peel right off.

#3022 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

First Check to see there is no extra Plastic or metal solder under his butt.
You can either or in Combo, remove the 3 washers under the captive plate that it is hitting,
or using a Hex key, loosen the Grub/Set screw on the Boom pole.
Raise it 1 to 2mm and tighten.
You can add a washer underneath if you wish, shooter rod washers are the perfect size.

I untightened the Hex key but moving it up or down doesn't help much.

There is indeed some solder underneath, but don't know how to remove this?

I also noticed you can pull the wire upwards (see picture) and then it's fine. But after some play it moves down again and the problem retarts.

IMG_1326_good (resized).JPG

IMG_1327_bad (resized).JPG

#3023 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I untightened the Hex key but moving it up or down doesn't help much.
There is indeed some solder underneath, but don't know how to remove this?
I also noticed you can pull the wire upwards (see picture) and then it's fine. But after some play it moves down again and the problem retarts.

The set screw oldpinguy was talking about on the boom is here. If slimer is dragging his but, just raise him up a little bit, you could add a few washers or just space it 1/8" by eye and tighten the set screw back up, run him down in test mode and see if he drags any more.

slimer-adjustment (resized).png

#3024 3 years ago

Finally decided to join the club. Almost joined the Aerosmith club but the distributor I was going to go through was taking a long time to get back with me which made me feel uncomfortable.

I talked to my wife and friends to get their thoughts on both games and decided to go with a GB Premium. I was honsetly to the point of writing a list of pros and cons for both games as I couldn't decide, lol. I ordered the game from CoinTaker and it's shipping out today. According to CoinTaker the game was made about 3 weeks ago.

GB Premium has some of the coolest toys I've seen in a pinball machine so it's hard to pass up. I know some people knock it for being difficult but I welcome the challenge and have no plans to add a center post or make any lane modifications.

I have the airball protector for the ramp. Is the Ecto Goggles protector really necessary if the ramp airball protector is on the game?

#3025 3 years ago

The set screw oldpinguy was talking about on the boom is here. If slimer is dragging his but, just raise him up a little bit, you could add a few washers or just space it 1/8" by eye and tighten the set screw back up, run him down in test mode and see if he drags any more.

My slimer's butt is also hanging too low, but even though I removed the set screw, it seems that it is next to impossible to get Slimer mech's rod moving. There might be some old glue etc. there saying do not remove the rod Any best practices on how to do it - using a hammer might not be the best option?

EDIT: Got it to move with some brute-force tactics

#3026 3 years ago

Posted these in the old speculation thread because I'd forgotten about this one. Good molded toys for mods:

IMG_0574 (resized).JPG

IMG_0575 (resized).JPG

#3027 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Finally decided to join the club. Almost joined the Aerosmith club but the distributor I was going to go through was taking a long time to get back with me which made me feel uncomfortable.
I talked to my wife and friends to get their thoughts on both games and decided to go with a GB Premium. I was honsetly to the point of writing a list of pros and cons for both games as I couldn't decide, lol. I ordered the game from CoinTaker and it's shipping out today. According to CoinTaker the game was made about 3 weeks ago.
GB Premium has some of the coolest toys I've seen in a pinball machine so it's hard to pass up. I know some people knock it for being difficult but I welcome the challenge and have no plans to add a center post or make any lane modifications.
I have the airball protector for the ramp. Is the Ecto Goggles protector really necessary if the ramp airball protector is on the game?

Welcome, you will love it (GB gets more love here than WOZ which i thought would never happen)

I have the ecto googles protector and have yet to see it get used, but my GB does not get much play time so its a small sample size.

Take pics of the box/pallet before unboxing (Stern asked for pics when I put in my request for a new cab, i assume to prove it wasnt damaged in transit, luckily i took some!)

#3028 3 years ago

Take pics of the box/pallet before unboxing (Stern asked for pics when I put in my request for a new cab, i assume to prove it wasnt damaged in transit, luckily i took some!)

+++++ that. All 4 full sides and top and close-ups of any damage.

#3029 3 years ago

Question: who makes the slingshot lane protectors that don't cover up the whole area. (like the ones that come in the upgrade kit from pblife) Saw a GB on route with these and I like them better than the ones that cover all the lanes with just clear plexi.

I've looked on here, modfather, etc, and just not finding it.

#3030 3 years ago

Question: who makes the slingshot lane protectors that don't cover up the whole area. (like the ones that come in the upgrade kit from pblife) Saw a GB on route with these and I like them better than the ones that cover all the lanes with just clear plexi.
I've looked on here, modfather, etc, and just not finding it.

TaylorVA has teamed up with Cliffy to do nice metal ones to blend in better.

#3031 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Is like to see these!

#3033 3 years ago

So does someone have a link to the larger flipper bats (or is it just thicker bands?) that might help you save so many of the SDTM occurrences with this awesome pin?

#3034 3 years ago

Has anyone installed the Lasseriffic backboard LED mod? It looks pretty cool. I already have two single LED scoop mods from Mezel Mods. I'm wondering with the backboard mod (6 LED's) and the 2 scoop LED mods if it would be drawing too much more from the game? I read some concerns about drawing additional power from node boards.

http://cointaker.com/products/ghostbusters-backboard-lighting-kit

#3035 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anyone installed the Lasseriffic backboard LED mod? It looks pretty cool. I already have two single LED scoop mods from Mezel Mods. I'm wondering with the backboard mod (6 LED's) and the 2 scoop LED mods if it would be drawing too much more from the game? I read some concerns about drawing additional power from node boards.
http://cointaker.com/products/ghostbusters-backboard-lighting-kit

Your fine, don't worry.

#3036 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So does someone have a link to the larger flipper bats (or is it just thicker bands?) that might help you save so many of the SDTM occurrences with this awesome pin?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=20-9592

They are just a smidge larger, i added green super bands and I also angled them up slightly so they no longer drop/dip lower. It is a noticeable difference for me (scroll a few pages back i posted pics) but you are still going to get the occasional SDTM. Worth it IMHO

#3037 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Awesome, I would totally pick up a set.

#3038 3 years ago

Looking for help with my auto launcher, it will not stay above the rod and it keeps falling down.

IMG_2862 (resized).JPG

IMG_2858 (resized).JPG

IMG_2860 (resized).JPG

#3039 3 years ago

I cleaned and waxed my gb this weekend and I replaced the stock balls with premium balls. It plays much faster and harder now. More difficult to catch and cradle.

#3040 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I cleaned and waxed my gb this weekend and I replaced the stock balls with premium balls. It plays much faster and harder now. More difficult to catch and cradle.

That's because of the waxing, it will slow down in about 50 or so games.

#3041 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's because of the waxing, it will slow down in about 50 or so games.

Good cause I'm getting my butt kicked.

#3042 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Good cause I'm getting my butt kicked.

Yeah it's a whole new game whenever you wax ANY game. The Shiny balls do help some too of course. Play on.

#3043 3 years ago

You're missing a nut an bolt.

IMG_6418 (resized).JPG

#3044 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

You're missing a nut an bolt.

What program do you use to be able to draw on a picture? I could use something like that. Is it a Windoz program?

#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What program do you use to be able to draw on a picture? I could use something like that. Is it a Windoz program?

Windows = Photos (Drawing Tools)

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/12/13/new-features-arrive-microsoft-photos-windows-10/#mYyeP4Wi6hZemIcr.97

Mac = Preview (Toolbox icon)

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH20227?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

#3046 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

PDF

#3047 3 years ago

Just had an amazing game, over 7 Billion...and is there anyway to know when the flippers will change back and forth during mass hysteria? That kills me every time!!!

#3049 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just had an amazing game, over 7 Billion...and is there anyway to know when the flippers will change back and forth during mass hysteria? That kills me every time!!!

A sound is played when you hit the captive ball signifying the flippers are about to switch. It can be difficult to pick out sometimes when you have a lot going on, but once you know what to listen for it's manageable.

#3050 3 years ago

Too bad you can't disable that reversed-flipper feature thru the menu. When I get to that mode, I end up pounding both flippers like a 2-year old kid. Wear and tear on the system when you do that. And no control whatsoever. Probably the number two frustration in the game, STDM being number one.

So.

I will be designing a circuit that reverses the reverse flippers when that mode kicks in. Flippers will then work normally throughout that mode. My goal for the next few weeks. Someday they might add a disable menu choice to the code, but I can't wait for someday.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Trade
Sale Pending!
Hanover, VA
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 16.00
There are 8882 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 178.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside