B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 250.
#2951 6 years ago

Hey guys, just joined the club a few days ago with a premium.

#2952 6 years ago

Cliffy's arrived time to install

IMG_3250 (resized).JPGIMG_3250 (resized).JPG

#2953 6 years ago

Installed

IMG_3251 (resized).JPGIMG_3251 (resized).JPG

IMG_3252 (resized).JPGIMG_3252 (resized).JPG

#2954 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Hey guys, just joined the club a few days ago with a premium.

Welcome aboard.

#2956 6 years ago

Also no one answered but why are people removing Mylar in the right orbit does that fix the gate issue or something ?

#2957 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Also no one answered but why are people removing Mylar in the right orbit does that fix the gate issue or something ?

The mylar seems to be causing some lift before the orbit switch on hard shots and the switch sometimes does not register as a result. Removing the mylar seems to have corrected the problem for everyone who wrote in--including for me. Mine easily pulled up and left just a bit of residue. Goo gone got it off easily.

#2958 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

The mylar seems to be causing some lift before the orbit switch on hard shots and the switch sometimes does not register as a result. Removing the mylar seems to have corrected the problem for everyone who wrote in--including for me. Mine easily pulled up and left just a bit of residue. Goo gone got it off easily.

Cool I will try it no worries about playfield damage there ?

#2959 6 years ago

Nah. Just get it started with a fingernail and pull up with needle nose pliers. Piece of cake.

#2960 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Nah. Just get it started with a fingernail and pull up with needle nose pliers. Piece of cake.

Thanks not worried about the removal I mean from the ball I assume it's there for a reason ... but maybe not

#2961 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Thanks not worried about the removal I mean from the ball I assume it's there for a reason ... but maybe not

Can't ever have enough protection on a game I guess. Shouldn't need to worry about damage there. Do regular upkeep and it will be fine.

#2962 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Respectfully, IMO the right ramp is just fine with the standard hex post. I think it's supposed to be a tougher shot but it is still very make-able. I can make it pretty consistently.

I think this varies from game to game, but a majority of them seem to benefit from this change. Even perfect shots were often getting rejected on my game before swapping out the post.

#2963 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Thanks. Not worried about the removal. I mean from the ball. I assume it's there for a reason ... but maybe not

I could see some wear starting to develop there on a routed game, but I don't think it would be a problem on a HUO game.

#2964 6 years ago

seen it too if course... wanted to reply to Jared directly on facebook, but...
and than, Jared, do you know more things than even Dwight ignore ?
must admit its really confusing

my GB could leave soon, but i admit that one more time i'm really asking myself to know what to do (just wait again ?)

#2965 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

seen it too if course... wanted to reply to Jared directly on facebook, but...
and than, Jared, do you know more things than even Dwight ignore ?
must admit its really confusing
my GB could leave soon, but i admit that one more time i'm really asking myself to know what to do (just wait again ?)

Dwight and the others coders are forced to not promise updates after a certain release, so Stern can't be held to that promise.

Just because Dwight has said in the past it's done, doesn't mean no more code updates. It's just what he has to say.

#2966 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The most important fixes in terms of making the game play correctly would be adding the airball deflector, changing out the hex post for the right ramp, and removing the mylar from the right orbit.

Can someone post a picture of the mylar that needs to be removed?

Thx!

#2967 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Can someone post a picture of the mylar that needs to be removed?
Thx!

I'm curious to see the mylar in question as well. I checked my machine, NIB purchase of mine, and for the life of me, I can't see any mylar on the PF in the location. I'm assuming that Stern didn't include on my earlier release (Oct '16), and applied the mylar on later releases?

#2968 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I'm curious to see the mylar in question as well. I checked my machine, NIB purchase of mine, and for the life of me, I can't see any mylar on the PF in the location. I'm assuming that Stern didn't include on my earlier release (Oct '16), and applied the mylar on later releases?

Yes. Are you having issues with your right orbit not registering?

#2969 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Are you having issues with your right orbit not registering?

Not I, I've never noticed an issue with that particular switch not registering.

The only 'issue' regarding a switch registering is when the ball goes up the Subway ramp, sometimes the switch doesn't register during WBTDO, Jackpot, SF, etc. I bent the metal arm of that particular switch to stick out more into the ramp lane, and it seems to have improved, but there are times it doesn't register. I've tested it in the service menu...100% register, I've taken the glass off and passed the ball through 10 times, and it registers 100%, but during gameplay it sometimes doesn't register, so I'm wondering if it is a bug vs being a physical issue.

#2970 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Not I, I've never noticed an issue with that particular switch not registering.

Okay well then that's because you don't have Mylar there. No need to worry. You're good.

#2971 6 years ago

Has anyone noticed the Subway Ramp registering 'issue' I described in post #2969 above?

#2972 6 years ago

Spent a good chunk of time last night reading through all of the fixes and tweaks that people have implemented to make the game more "playable". I just picked up a relatively bone stock premium, that was having a ton of airballs, and lots of STDM drains from all over. Here is what I have done, and since doing these things have had several really fun and rewarding games. (Mass-Hysteria multiball, 2x storage facility multiball, and 5 modes completed in the first game. Two 400-450 million point games, and I don't really know the ruleset all that well yet.)

-Already had the airball protector for the left ramp
-Updated software to 1.13
-Set incline to 7.0 degrees (Although the manual says 6.5, it's just not steep enough for this games geometry.) I used pinguy on my iphone as the bubble level on my pin is not a good indicator of slope in this case.
-Left to right completely level (0.0) both on the front and back of the playfield
-Slightly bent the left eject towards the right flipper
-Increased left eject to full coil strength (64)
-Decreased right eject coil strength to 30.
-Installed pinball life (green slime if it matters) lane heighteners only from the Ghostbusters Upgrade Kit

#2973 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Correct. Mylar started in the November run.

#2974 6 years ago

knockerlover - You might have already done this, but I recommend moving the outlane pins to the tightest setting too. I also set my 'extra ball' to unlimited. Has only made a difference in 1 or 2 games, but the game is so hard its worth getting any little benefit you can!

#2975 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

knockerlover - You might have already done this, but I recommend moving the outlane pins to the tightest setting too. I also set my 'extra ball' to unlimited. Has only made a difference in 1 or 2 games, but the game is so hard its worth getting any little benefit you can!

I haven't tightened the inlanes yet, I'm relatively happy with how the game is playing at the moment. I'd rather not turn on extra balls as I sometimes host, and play in a league that doesn't allow extra balls!

#2976 6 years ago

Hi guys I got my Premium last year in October, we have played it a ton and really just noticed that my playfield is full of dimples. I know its from airballs mostly and at this point the playtfield is really shot I think, Its my first Pin and didn't really know any better on protecting it ( preventing airballs ) I assume the dimples is commonplace?

#2977 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Hi guys I got my Premium last year in October, we have played it a ton and really just noticed that my playfield is full of dimples. I know its from airballs mostly and at this point the playtfield is really shot I think, Its my first Pin and didn't really know any better on protecting it ( preventing airballs ) I assume the dimples is commonplace?

IMHO, the dimples are fine. though everyone has their own tweaks (air ball protectors, angling the targets, etc) your still going to get dimples. I wouldnt worry about it, the PF isnt shot, its just worn in

#2978 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

There is nothing you can really do about the dimples. It seems that the playfields are simply made of softer wood these days.

#2979 6 years ago

I just Ordered a AIRBALL Protector that I saw here on Pinside. I never really noticed it too much until I saw some discoloration on a ghost in the middle of the table, It was a dimple that was reflecting light ( like a sparkle in the playfield ). For the most part you don't notice it until you remove the glass and then inspect it. I will definitely buy a Premium Playfield and store it if I get the chance just to have it. I'm already worried about my MMR and AFMR LE on order hehe, I'm new to owning tables so I have a lot to learn. Ive been messing with my Digital Pinball machine for the last 5 years.

#2980 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I just Ordered a AIRBALL Protector that I saw here on Pinside. I never really noticed it too much until I saw some discoloration on a ghost in the middle of the table, It was a dimple that was reflecting light ( like a sparkle in the playfield ). For the most part you don't notice it until you remove the glass and then inspect it. I will definitely buy a Premium Playfield and store it if I get the chance just to have it. I'm already worried about my MMR and AFMR LE on order hehe, I'm new to owning tables so I have a lot to learn. Ive been messing with my Digital Pinball machine for the last 5 years.

Don't sweat it. Buy them and enjoy them.

#2981 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

When do you get extra balls, specifically?

#2982 6 years ago

Anybody have the looping supers timer run out while your looping the ramp nonstop?

#2983 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Anybody have the looping supers timer run out while your looping the ramp nonstop?

Happens to me all the time.

#2984 6 years ago

I can hear the kids in the room below me playing it again. Suddenly all this seems so trivial.

#2985 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Cliffy's arrived time to install

Just don't install the Bros cliffys ( left one especially). Caused so many airballs on left ramp had to remove

#2986 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I can hear the kids in the room below me playing it again. Suddenly all this seems so trivial.

Agree. Isn't it great?
Our family is really enjoying this pin as well.

#2987 6 years ago

This is the first pin where my 4 year old scoots a chair over, turns it on and plays all by herself. Don't care what the haters think, we love it.

#2988 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

This is the first pin where my 4 year old scoots a chair over, turns it on and plays all by herself. Don't care what the haters think, we love it.

Definitely agree, this is the funnest game in my collection period. I can't believe there is so much controversy about this game, crazy!

#2989 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Agree with you buddy. At times I hate it and I'm frustrated, but then I have a good game and I'm stoked. I keep pressing that start button over and over!

Junky

#2990 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

When do you get extra balls, specifically?

you light extra ball at (15?) ghosts captured. Extra ball I believe has a chance to be lit any time you complete a scene. (theres a setting in the menu that says default is 25% but that may be refering to something else)

Light extra ball is common in Tobin Spirit guide rewards, though by default, if you have already collected (3?) extra balls those tobin pages will not come up anymore, unless unlimited extra ball is turned on.

You can also set 'Special' reward to be an extra ball as well.

#2991 6 years ago

I have a few questions about making this an easier game for family enjoyment.

Does anyone make flipper bats longer than 3 inches for this game? (I already have a center post installed.)

How can I move the right outlane post to the bottom hole? I have moved the left one.

Who sells the outlane guide mod that clips onto the high end of the guide making the gap smaller? L shaped thingy i saw here a few days ago but can't find it now.

Thanks!

#2992 6 years ago

Not sure whos selling the mods but I see adds for em on the forum frequently.
You trying to make it more fun for young kids? I'd deffinitely lower the angle, so the ball moves a lot slower. And maybe try setting the extra ball % to a much higher number than 25%. Maybe even 100%. So if they beat a scene, they light extra ball every time. If they are older kids, or adults that just dont play much, your mods will probably do the trick. Let em be challenged and get better.

I wish STERN had a 'time trial' mode where you just get unlimited balls for 5 minutes. ZEN pinball does this, and you can also set the game to remove a % of points if you loose a ball. This sets a fantastic handicap for players of different skill levels. New players try to get as high a score as they can and don't get frustrated by failure, and skilled players try not to loose any balls because their penalty is to loose a large % of their score if they do. IMHO this is the future innovation that should be made in pinball. not LED screens and virtual reality.

*EDIT: oh, also you could try setting ball count to 5. longer games in general even before all the extra ball shananigans

#2993 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Extra ball I believe has a chance to be lit any time you complete a scene

Actually I believe its anytime you complete 3 scenes.

#2994 6 years ago

if i remember well its 3 scenes and 50 ghosts (not 15)

#2995 6 years ago

does anyone know what the 25% extra ball chance is then in the settings menu? I just played around with it. I turned it up to 50% (highest it will go) but didnt notice anything different in the 2 games I played.

#2996 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

does anyone know what the 25% extra ball chance is then in the settings menu? I just played around with it. I turned it up to 50% (highest it will go) but didnt notice anything different in the 2 games I played.

This is just a guess, but it could be the chance of being given an extra ball from the pop bumpers.

#2997 6 years ago

Just got back from Allentown and slimed my GB thanks to cointaker.

IMG_3269 (resized).JPGIMG_3269 (resized).JPG

#2998 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Just got back from Allentown and slimed my GB thanks to cointaker.

It's a great mod isn't it. I got the green set on my pro.

#2999 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

if i remember well its 3 scenes and 50 ghosts (not 15)

I just changed mine to 50 ghosts and 4 scenes

#3000 6 years ago

Was hoping to get a 1959 Cadillac meteor miller some day but settled for this instead has march build date.

IMG_1010 (resized).JPGIMG_1010 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/60?hl=ecto1a2003 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.