New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 158155)

Ghostbusters Club - We Got One!!!

By 30FathomDave

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,878 posts
  • 715 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Tjohejsan
  • Topic is favorited by 269 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,673 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020-11-25-18-38-42 (resized).jpg
IMG_3982 (resized).JPG
IMG_3978 (resized).JPG
IMG_3980 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8762 (resized).jpg
C3A46B35-B443-4954-938A-6B08B06D7C28 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).jpg
2573626B-9D7A-47A3-97A6-5BD3E58514EE (resized).jpeg
FF120A9B-FA78-472F-805D-B2275F4A58C0 (resized).jpeg
5713752D-1999-46EC-863E-F73AA802B3C4 (resized).jpeg
AFF0B540-ECF4-49C5-B413-829E69B699D5 (resized).jpeg
38F687D3-D891-4678-96AB-28C5F2E4F9BA (resized).jpeg
418AC15F-D784-48C7-897C-C6587E1A817F (resized).jpeg
IMG_8278 (resized).jpg
215CC573-3E9C-4682-BD48-3ED097FF78E2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8878 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 178.
#2901 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

've done what you said about speeding up the process - after you read the list you can hit both flipper buttons to immediately get the rewards and have the ball kicked out.

What code you running? I feel like the past few times I've tried this on new code it hasn't worked.

#2902 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Nope. It's definitely 3 separate unique random lists.
I've done what you said about speeding up the process - after you read the list you can hit both flipper buttons to immediately get the rewards and have the ball kicked out.
This is different. Try it. As soon as the list appears, hit both flipper buttons- don't wait more than a split second. I usually try to read the first 2 items in the list and kill it if I don't see extra ball.

I agree with you. I've seen that too, but wasn't sure what triggered it.

Now I know, thanks!

#2903 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What code you running? I feel like the past few times I've tried this on new code it hasn't worked.

You gave to be quick. No time to read the entire list.

#2904 3 years ago

I am in with an LE. Really think Stern put it together on this one. Can anyone tell me if there is something missing on the post that I have pictured. The one below the ramp near the slimer. Thanks

IMG_2798 (resized).JPG

IMG_2799 (resized).JPG

#2905 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

You gave to be quick. No time to read the entire list.

I always decide before the list even shows. I've had times where I just monkey flip the whole time and it doesn't show me multiple lists. However, I feel this acted just like you described when I did it in older code.

#2906 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I am in with an LE. Really think Stern put it together on this one. Can anyone tell me if there is something missing on the post that I have pictured. The one below the ramp near the slimer. Thanks

I was wondering this same exact question. I saw the empty hex post on mine the other day, and thought "am I missing something?" or "is this left empty for a future mod or something?"

#2907 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can anyone tell me if there is something missing on the post that I have pictured. The one below the ramp near the slimer. Thanks

I think it's just to block balls from getting stuck in the area behind it.

#2908 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I always decide before the list even shows. I've had times where I just monkey flip the whole time and it doesn't show me multiple lists. However, I feel this acted just like you described when I did it in older code.

FWIW, the code Readme file doesn't mention any changes to Tobin's functionality. The only time it's mentioned is in regards to pop awards.

I'm hoping we can confirm this to work. EB's are cool, but another way to light those multipliers would be great.

Some 'research' with a couple cold ones is in order this weekend.

#2909 3 years ago

hello everybody! i just begun this hobby with this pinball (premium)! just paid and cant wait to receive it!
greetings from Spain!

#2910 3 years ago
Quoted from kiosh:

hello everybody! i just begun this hobby with this pinball (premium)! just paid and cant wait to receive it!
greetings from Spain!

Congrats! It's an amazing game! It's also a bit hard, so consider it a trial by fire! When you play other pins, they will seem like they're in slow motion!

#2911 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Congrats! It's an amazing game! It's also a bit hard, so consider it a trial by fire! When you play other pins, they will seem like they're in slow motion!

OMG, im a total noob at this! im scared! hahahha
who you gonna call!!!?

#2912 3 years ago
Quoted from kiosh:

who you gonna call!!!?

Stern!

#2913 3 years ago
Quoted from kiosh:

who you gonna call!!!?

This was my first on only pinball...so far. I'm a noob(owner) too.

Congrats on the purchase!

#2914 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

This was my first on only pinball...so far. I'm a noob(owner) too.
Congrats on the purchase!

Welcome you guys. I love the fact that Ghostbusters seems to bring new people to the hobby. That's awesome

#2915 3 years ago

Just got a couple games in.

For the most part, didn't seem to be able to have any impact on Tobins. However, there was one instance where I did feel like the flipper did make the list react. Will definitely have to continue to pay attention.

Got to WARTB for the 3rd time.
Still extremely disappointing. It started with out much of any intro. That was strange, I thought the other times at least the start was interesting. One of my better games though. Was able to complete the left ladder a 2nd time and get WCWS going again. Didn't really notice if scores get any kind of bump, but it didn't seem like it.

Lastly, was fishing around in the menus. There is a timer setting for Are You A God MB. Pretty shitty that it probably won't make it into the game. I was ready to let them slide for putting it on the score card, but having it in menus has reignited my sadness.

#2916 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

For the most part, didn't seem to be able to have any impact on Tobins. However, there was one instance where I did feel like the flipper did make the list react. Will definitely have to continue to pay attention.
Still extremely disappointing. It started with out much of any intro. That was strange, I thought the other times at least the start was interesting. One of my better games though. Was able to complete the left ladder a 2nd time and get WCWS going again. Didn't really notice if scores get any kind of bump, but it didn't seem like it.
Lastly, was fishing around in the menus. There is a timer setting for Are You A God MB. Pretty shitty that it probably won't make it into the game. I was ready to let them slide for putting it on the score card, but having it in menus has reignited my sadness.

It will come eventually.....patience.

#2918 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I'm hoping we can confirm this to work. EB's are cool, but another way to light those multipliers would be great.
Some 'research' with a couple cold ones is in order this weekend.

The multipliers are one of the most difficult things in the game to get (aside from the skill shot). I play MANY games without even lighting the 2x multiplier, let alone 3x. I have only lit 2x from the left captive ball a few times, but NEVER 3x.

Rob

#2919 3 years ago

so I can confirm that when I removed the cliffy for the left bros, no more airs going up the left ramp. It def was the cliffy. FYI if you are having the same problem

note - I still get target air ocassional but I was getting air balls before they were reaching targets - now due to my cliffy.

#2920 3 years ago

Just finished my Storage Facility mod on my pro. Really happy with how it turned out. Sooooo much better than that flat piece of plastic.

IMG_2522 (resized).JPG

IMG_2516 (resized).JPG

IMG_2512 (resized).JPG

IMG_2510 (resized).JPG

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Just finished my Storage Facility mod on my pro. Really happy with how it turned out. Sooooo much better than that flat piece of plastic.

im not familiar with this mod, do you have a link that i could look at?

#2922 3 years ago
Quoted from ecto1a2003:

im not familiar with this mod, do you have a link that i could look at?

Here you go:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-containment-unit-upgrade#post-3411117

#2923 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Looks awesome!

#2924 3 years ago

Thanks Aquapin for coming up with that and sharing it. This was the only thing left that bothered me about the playfield. It makes such a big difference...love it!

I did a couple of things differently. I made sure to work in the back cover to hide all the wiring and glued the LED's inside because I didn't want screws to show on the front. Cutting the model and trimming was a bit of a PITA but it turned out great so I can't complain.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks awesome!

Thank you!

#2925 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I can confirm that when I removed the cliffy for the left bros, no more airs going up the left ramp. It def was the cliffy. FYI if you are having the same problem
note - I still get target air ocassional but I was getting air balls before they were reaching targets - now due to my cliffy.

I had the same problem so I removed both of them. Made some adjustments with the target heights but no matter what I did, the game was just unplayable.

#2926 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Recently installed one in my pro cool mod.

IMG_3239 (resized).JPG

#2927 3 years ago

Do any of you doing the Storage mod have a video on how you did these?
They look awesome!!

#2928 3 years ago

I've only had my GB premium for about a week. it seems like once every other game the trough coil kicks out 2 balls. has anyone else had this issue?

#2929 3 years ago

Try reseating the cables first.

#2930 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Do any of you doing the Storage mod have a video on how you did these?
They look awesome!!

no but its pretty simple and straight forward just think it thru.

#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

no but its pretty simple and straight forward just think it thru.

Are you cutting the bottoms off?

#2932 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Are you cutting the bottoms off?

IMG_3242 (resized).JPG

#2933 3 years ago

Basically cutting the bottom part off in line with the bottom of the door. There is trimming that will need to be done inside and drilling of the holes to accommodate the lights.

I also cut the width down maybe 1/4" and notched the side to allow the spot light to fit back in place.

#2934 3 years ago

just found out that ghostbusters is finally coming to stern arcade. i wonder if it will have the same bugs?

http://wwg.com/2017/04/29/stern-pinball-s-ghostbusters-pinball-will-soon-get-a-home-releas/

#2935 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I've only had my GB premium for about a week. it seems like once every other game the trough coil kicks out 2 balls. has anyone else had this issue?

Try lowering the trough eject power, which will also save your shooter lane from getting chewed up.

#2936 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Awesome! I like this way better than what's on the premium. But I'm guessing it wouldn't fit?

#2937 3 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

Awesome! I like this way better than what's on the premium. But I'm guessing it wouldn't fit?

It just barely clears the glass where it is located on the Pro.

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Try lowering the trough eject power, which will also save your shooter lane from getting chewed up.

You know, there may definitely be something to what you just said. When I first got my machine I put the trough eject power to the lowest setting which was 175 I think and I had zero problems at that setting. After I installed my cliffs I bumped that up a little and have had 2 balls eject out into the trough at the same time a few times. I'm gonna put mine back down on the lowest setting. My first thought would be no way to your answer but as soon as you said that I instantly was like wow that explains my problems with the 2 balls ejecting into the shooter lane! It doesn't really make sense but I think you're right.

#2939 3 years ago

I could be wrong, but I had two balls getting kicked out right after I first set it up. After lowering the eject power, it never happened again.

#2940 3 years ago

No I think you're right for sure. I can't explain it but I definitely think you're right.

#2941 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

than game is to easy for you, or the factory set-up is to easy !
not sure how is yours (moded with carrot flippers, and/or center post, or just nothing)
but what should be change is the time out mode (n° 50) and/or mode continue (n° 51)
(the n° 43 to pause the timer is not really a prob, just control the ball on a flipper (no matter right or left) and do an easy shoot, as the right lane, to activate the timer again, and so on...)

here home, to change our way of playing with my son, just go back to factory settings, and for sure its a nonsense :

ball 1 : going for the right ladder, WBTD started & played & finished normally... the last shoot in the right lane directly launch SPOOK CENTRAL, didnt finished it, than have to relight the ladder with the slimer... than start GOOZER, few shoots to make value bigger, and than i lose the ball

ball 2 : going for the right ladder as the skillshot, than i'm (already !!!) at the MARSHMALLOW... play it (its time to get some points lol), and as often its also when all is going to light quite in the same time : start STORAGE FACTORY, complete MM, start WCWS, start PKE, and finally start MASS HYSTERIA... from last time i've check points at 800M, i'm now at 4B...

ball 3 + 2 EB : just play as it (not gone to WARTBY)... with 3 skillshots, and even more some luck with a "+10%" of the score in the mystery, game ended with 8.9B

funny, but in fact not really
but of course evbd set-up the game how he feels/likes it and its a good thing to have these options available of course
all this said, enjoy GB !

#2942 3 years ago

Ok guys I did the trim as suggested

IMG_1301 (resized).JPG

#2943 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not sure how is yours (moded with carrot flippers, and/or center post

Most definitely not. I think both of those options are ridiculous.

One of my main draws to the game was that it's challenging.

My out lane posts are in the top position. I haven't changed the mode completion setting though. Guess that's the next step.

#2944 3 years ago

A friend of mine is getting a premium next week.

What are the must fix issues?

Thx!

#2945 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Ok guys I did the trim as suggested

Niiice.

#2946 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Thx!

The most important fixes in terms of making the game play correctly would be adding the airball deflector, changing out the hex post for the right ramp, and removing the mylar from the right orbit.

#2947 3 years ago

Went ahead and put on the carrot flipper bats. Also angled then up to be in line (instead of dropping).

I like it, not going to call it a total game changer, but it helps and for me makes the game a little more fun. I also like the angle better, I can still hit the river of slime on the right just fine (and for me at least, makes hitting the left ramp from the left flipper easier)

YMMV

20170422_125727 (resized).jpg

20170422_121009 (resized).jpg

20170422_122650 (resized).jpg

#2948 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The most important fixes in terms of making the game play correctly would be adding the airball deflector, changing out the hex post for the right ramp, and removing the mylar from the right orbit.

What's the Mylar from rich orbit removal for ?

#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Thx!

As "insurance" he should put these on the front legs.

IMGA0087 (resized).JPG

#2950 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I agree with you about the airball deflector and removing the mylar. Required!

Respectfully, IMO the right ramp is just fine with the standard hex post. I think it's supposed to be a tougher shot but it is still very make-able. I can make it pretty consistently.

Bending up the corner of the mech gate frame above stay puft may be a necessity. Strange how some games have the gate problem and others don't.

Junky

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 8878 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 178.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside