B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 250.
#2851 7 years ago

Does anyone think that the video modes are severely unbalanced compared to the rest of the starting modes? When you can get 60 million off a video mode and only 20 million off something like Who Brought the Dog, it just doesn't seem right. You can easily rack up 120 - 180 million just playing video modes off the skill shot, whereas you need to finish 5 or 6 regular modes to accomplish the same thing.

Unless there is something I'm missing?

#2852 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yes you are right guess I am not done lol

glad i could help.

#2853 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does anyone think that the video modes are severely unbalanced compared to the rest of the starting modes? When you can get 60 million off a video mode and only 20 million off something like Who Brought the Dog, it just doesn't seem right. You can easily rack up 120 - 180 million just playing video modes off the skill shot, whereas you need to finish 5 or 6 regular modes to accomplish the same thing.

I agree that's a really good point.

#2854 7 years ago
Quoted from ecto1a2003:

glad i could help.

Ok picked up some spray paint gonna attempt to do this myself blue didn't seem to match

#2855 7 years ago

Took a deep breath and finally knuckled up to install side art by removing the playfield.
First time doing it, and the only way to do it IMHO.
Not typically a big mod guy, but man do they really complete the game without committing too much scratch!!!
Highly recommended.

IMG_0492 (resized).JPGIMG_0492 (resized).JPG

#2856 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Took a deep breath and finally knuckled up to install side art by removing the playfield.
Not typically a big mod guy, but man do they really complete the game without committing too much scratch!!!
Highly recommended.

The Stern ones?

#2857 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Highly recommended.

I totally agree mate, they look ace! (Do the kids still say ace any more?).
I just sold my LE to a friend and when we swapped out the playfields (more ghosting than The Exorcist) we put in the side blades and they really bring the art from the playfield up the sides of the cabinet.
Very cool mod

#2858 7 years ago

If you are playing for points and worried about the video modes, you're doing it wrong.

All the real points in the game come from getting the playfield multipliers going and then starting a mb or pke frenzy. Preferably both.

I've had frenzy shots worth close to a billion. I'm sure crazier numbers are possible.

I don't ever play either of the video modes. They're both garbage and a waste of time.

While the starting modes might not be worth much, they are ultimately helping you to progress to a mb.

There are also good points to be had from the bonus. I've had bonuses over a billion as well.

So basically, play the video modes if you like them, not because they are crucial to good scores.

#2859 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

If you are playing for points and worried about the video modes, you're doing it wrong.
All the real points in the game come from getting the playfield multipliers going and then starting a mb or pke frenzy. Preferably both.

Any way you can point me in the right direction? For some reason, this game eats my lunch.

Unless I have a really good game, I keep getting smacked by the guys that put up 180 million in video modes. I complete 2 or 3 regular modes and only end up in the 100 - 140 range. I refuse to play video modes to win a game and would rather play pinball to win a game, but maybe I'm just stubborn.

#2860 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Highly recommended.

They are a really nice add on for the money. Improves the look and adds to the "world under the glass". Worth it!

#2861 7 years ago

I find getting multipliers are key to big scores, as well as going after ghosts. Ghosts unlock extra balls, SFMB, PKE, and MHMB - I actually find if I'm going for mode progression I often get less ghosts as I'm targeting ramps away from the light a ghost targets. This game definitely has an exponential scoring to it, but makes it exciting when it hits. Going deep in the modes aren't necessarily my best scoring games.

#2862 7 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Ghosts unlock extra balls

When does your extra ball light come on? After collecting 50 and 100 ghosts?

#2863 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

When does your extra ball light come on? After collecting 50 and 100 ghosts?

I believe you can either set it, or it auto adjusts. Think mine is around 70 right now

#2864 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I believe you can either set it, or it auto adjusts. Think mine is around 70 right now

What do you mean it auto adjusts?

I had mine set on default which I thought was 50 and it keep going up to where it was at 67.

When I specifically set it to 50, it only lights are 50 and not 100. The game I sometimes play on route lights at 50 and 100 which is how I want mine to work. Can't figure it out.

#2865 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What do you mean it auto adjusts?
I had mine set on default which I thought was 50 and it keep going up to where it was at 67.
When I specifically set it to 50, it only lights are 50 and not 100. The game I sometimes play on route lights at 50 and 100 which is how I want mine to work. Can't figure it out.

Default means it will auto adjust depending on how well the average game is played. Play better it makes it harder. Play worse it makes it easier. Just like replays. No comment on the 50 and 100 ghosts deal. Maybe that is a part of the default setting too.

#2866 7 years ago

Any way you can point me in the right direction? For some reason, this game eats my lunch.
Unless I have a really good game, I keep getting smacked by the guys that put up 180 million in video modes. I complete 2 or 3 regular modes and only end up in the 100 - 140 range. I refuse to play video modes to win a game and would rather play pinball to win a game, but maybe I'm just stubborn.

I almost always go for the K skill shot. Those multipliers are huge and tough to light manually.

After that, I try to hit the ghosts target to bring down Slimer while the ball save is on to try and get a mode going.

Choosing which ladder to attack comes down to the pin I'm playing. On mine, the left scoop kickout is friendly so that's a good option because it has the shortest path to WCWS. On the 2 I play on location, the kickout is suspect so I usually go for either of the other ladders.

Also worth paying attention to is how long the ball save from the right eject is and how hard it comes out. I like to let the eject dead flip off the left flipper, bounce over to the right and then take a shot at the left captive balls while the save is on.

If the feeds from the pops are friendly, just putting any ball you can't control in there is a good strategy. Lots of good awards.

If you aren't in the habit of cradling a ball during mb, you should start trying. During WCWS, cradle on the left, and spam the ramp with the right flipper all day. Lots of easy points here if you can set this up. Especially with some multipliers.

Sounds like you are playing competitively. How's your nudge game? One thing I learned quickly from better players is they aren't afraid to slide a pin. Figure out what the limit is and work it.

#2867 7 years ago

how do you light MPs besides the K shot?

#2868 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Highly recommended.

Installed pinblades successfully without removing playfield but have to admit the wife helped. I'd have to admit that if I had a quick place to lay the playfield I would have just removed it. Stern has made it so easy with the new Spike system.

#2869 7 years ago

not sure why people are taking their playfields out. Did it myself with the soapy water method and installed perfectly in 10 min. Just a suggestion for next time.

Video below - this guy has a lot of good videos besides this too.

Used it twice and perfection

#2870 7 years ago

For me it was really easy to install the art blades with the playfield tilted up by taping it in place with blue painters tape. I then removed half of the backing and stuck it in place. Then I removed the other half of the backing. It worked perfectly.
Didn't remove the playfield and didn't use any liquids.
Junky

#2871 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

how do you light MPs besides the K shot?

Not sure how to get the insert lit, but once it is, you need to move all 4 balls in the left captive ball stack.

Once you do that you get the 2X. You then have to do it again to get the 3X. It is very difficult to get them going for 6X like that. That's why the K shot is so valuable.

#2872 7 years ago

Hi, no news about a new code ?
Tanks for tours answers

#2873 7 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hi, no news about a new code ?
Tanks for tours answers

The rumor around here is that there will be no more new code.

I certainly hope that's not true. WARTB as it stands is a joke. It takes a lot of effort to get there and the payoff is weak.

#2874 7 years ago

Thanks
it Can't be the end of the code

#2875 7 years ago

What is the current code.
I'm running 1.11 on LE

#2876 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

What is the current code.
I'm running 1.11 on LE

#2877 6 years ago

It's not the end of the code, IMO, although we may bot see anything for a while.

#2878 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Not sure how to get the insert lit, but once it is, you need to move all 4 balls in the left captive ball stack.
Once you do that you get the 2X. You then have to do it again to get the 3X. It is very difficult to get them going for 6X like that. That's why the K shot is so valuable.

wait - so if you don't get K, in order to get the insert light (so you can hit and turn on X scoring) you need to move all 4 balls just for 2? WHa?

#2879 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wait - so if you don't get K, in order to get the insert light (so you can hit and turn on X scoring) you need to move all 4 balls just for 2? WHa?

Hitting the proton pack targets is what lights the 'light super jackpot' and 'light playfield multipliers' lights.

Hitting the captive balls is what awards what is lit. So if 'light playfield multipliers' is lit in front of the captive balls, shooting the captive balls around will actually light the playfield multipliers.

I believe once you shoot the first captive ball, you have limited time to shoot the next captive ball. If time runs out, the balls fall back to their starting position.

Hope that made sense.

#2880 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The rumor around here is that there will be no more new code.
I certainly hope that's not true. WARTB as it stands is a joke. It takes a lot of effort to get there and the payoff is weak.

rumors are rumors...
and facts are facts ! Dwight clearly said, to some of us, that GB is now done, simple as that
btw, i'm also with the most of us hopping he will bring on his "home/freetime" to give us more, but...

#2881 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

rumors are rumors...
and facts are facts ! Dwight clearly said, to some of us, that GB is now done, simple as that

No, not that simple.

Dwight has to say that, in case the code never gets updated. They don't want to make promises they can't keep.

He may, of course, get time to work on it some more. Then it's a surprise.

#2882 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I almost always go for the K skill shot. Those multipliers are huge and tough to light manually.
After that, I try to hit the ghosts target to bring down Slimer while the ball save is on to try and get a mode going.
Choosing which ladder to attack comes down to the pin I'm playing. On mine, the left scoop kickout is friendly so that's a good option because it has the shortest path to WCWS. On the 2 I play on location, the kickout is suspect so I usually go for either of the other ladders.
Also worth paying attention to is how long the ball save from the right eject is and how hard it comes out. I like to let the eject dead flip off the left flipper, bounce over to the right and then take a shot at the left captive balls while the save is on.
If the feeds from the pops are friendly, just putting any ball you can't control in there is a good strategy. Lots of good awards.
If you aren't in the habit of cradling a ball during mb, you should start trying. During WCWS, cradle on the left, and spam the ramp with the right flipper all day. Lots of easy points here if you can set this up. Especially with some multipliers.
Sounds like you are playing competitively. How's your nudge game? One thing I learned quickly from better players is they aren't afraid to slide a pin. Figure out what the limit is and work it.

That K roll over is a bitch to hit! If you do hit it, how do you collect the multipliers? I'm assuming if you light them on the skill shot, you want to start a mode or something before hitting the standups?

I do cradle during multiball, but I have issues on this game. Other Sterns are easy for me, but these flippers don't seem to have as much pitch, which makes it difficult for me to judge during multiball. Other Sterns I can just glance at the ball and know it won't roll off the end.

My nudging is pretty good actually and I have no problems with slap and slide saves. On this game, it's tough though because of the way the ball likes to rattle around in the outlanes and catch you off guard.

So I went over last night and put about 20 - 25 games on it and had mixed results. I ignored the modes for the most part and focused on the ghost, the captive ball and the PKE targets on the left. For some reason, I'm not wrapping my head around the way the captive ball works, nor can I figure out how I'm lighting the Storage Facility.

It looks like hitting the PKE targets on the left light the different captive ball inserts, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to collect them once lit. For example, I'll have Light Storage Facility and then hit the captive ball, but in wouldn't light to allow me to collect the lock. However, if I were to drain, the Storage Facility lock would be lit?

I was trying to light all three locks and collect two. Then I was waiting until my next ball to try and start PKE frenzy from the skill shot and stack in Storage Facility Multiball. I was successfully a few times and put up some decent scores, but aside from that, they were pretty mundane.

I did have one crazy game, but I honestly don't know what I did to get my score. I was successful with the PKE / SFMB stack and was able to keep adding ball after ball after ball somehow. Does anyone know how the add-a-ball works?

That game I put up 2,231,304,570, but like I said, I'm not exactly sure how I did it.

I'm trying to find a way to consistently put up 250 million plus, but I'm just not getting it. I guess that's what makes it a good game.

#2883 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Hitting the proton pack targets is what lights the 'light super jackpot' and 'light playfield multipliers' lights.
Hitting the captive balls is what awards what is lit. So if 'light playfield multipliers' is lit in front of the captive balls, shooting the captive balls around will actually light the playfield multipliers.
I believe once you shoot the first captive ball, you have limited time to shoot the next captive ball. If time runs out, the balls fall back to their starting position.
Hope that made sense.

That does - thanks. So in order to get what is lit by the captive balls, I need to hit all of them or just one to get the light item? All seems like a lot but I guess fair.

#2884 6 years ago

So if the code is done, is this game worth buying as is? Does it feel incomplete? I'm considering getting one and would love to know from someone who's had one for at least 5-6 months....

#2885 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So if the code is done, is this game worth buying as is? Does it feel incomplete? I'm considering getting one and would love to know from someone who's had one for at least 5-6 months....

if you're a (very) good player (with mind easily linked to code), you should see few things you will not like...
if you're just casual, you will surelly never notice what we are refering about...

#2886 6 years ago

The first level scenes are far too easy and offer no scoring advantage for playing them well (or not). Plus, they always score the same. This may be ok on location, but it sucks for home use games.

DCTS video mode made ESP video mode irrelevant because DCTS is guaranteed points where ESP is not. ESP takes too many guesses to become valuable and you are most likely going to fail before you get above 60 million. I would have preferred DCTS starts from the left scoop as a random award perhaps because it does not fit in (IMHO) with the right scoop ESP.

Rob

#2887 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i you're a (very) good player (with mind easily linked to code), you should see few things you will not like...
if you're just casual, you will surelly never notice what we are refering about...

GB code was changed to try and make it less difficult for new players. Which is fine, but some of these changes cannot be adjusted in the game settings which I hope Dwight will consider adding.

My wishlist:

More settings to change the difficulties of some aspects of the game.
Adjustable timers in settings for the scenes
Spinner levels which can be increased outside of random awards
Optional expanded scoring/features for first level scenes.
Extra bonus for having 2 concurrent terror dog hurryups
Increase E skill shot super jackpot points
A fixed (settings adjustable) super jackpot for clearing the ghosts in SFMB. 50 million?
Something better for WCWS multiball. Right now it's not that great.
Playfield X can be earned easiser from captive balls. 3x is way too difficult to earn.
Skill shots time out (settings adjustable time, or no timeout).
Librarian insert... does something ?

I've love to see the game still be improved upon, but I know if that does happen it's not going to be for quite a while.

Rob

#2888 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The first level scenes are far too easy and offer no scoring advantage for playing them well (or not). Plus, they always score the same. This may be ok

Spooked librarian with 6x scoring is pretty fun. Can get like 200 mil from that one mode if you max it out.

#2889 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Spooked librarian with 6x scoring is pretty fun. Can get like 200 mil from that one mode if you max it out.

Ok, but aside from multipliers, they score the same. WBTD scores 21 million every time for example. I like how the spinner is used in 'back off man' (?) to increase the super jackpot value. That's the kind of variance in the scenes which I like. Every scene should have some unique feature like that. For example, what if during WBTD if you hit the dog target it increases the shot values by a few million? Or spooked librarian if you shoot the left scoop the values increase.... It adds a little bit of extra variety and strategy to the first scenes. It's there on the other scenes, just not the first ones.

Rob

#2890 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Ok, but aside from multipliers, they score the same. WBTD scores 21 million every time for example. I like how the spinner is used in 'back off man' (?) to increase the super jackpot value. That's the kind of variance in the scenes which I like. Every scene should have some unique feature like that. For example, what if during WBTD if you hit the dog target it increases the shot values by a few million? Or spooked librarian if you shoot the left scoop the values increase.... It adds a little bit of extra variety and strategy to the first scenes. It's there on the other scenes, just not the first ones.
Rob

That would be awesome. Like tunnel mode in TWD. That's probably my favorite mode of any game I've played.

#2891 6 years ago

How do the code questions affect development of a GB color dmd? Is it on the horizon or would the color dmd guys wait to see if the code will be updated again before making much progress?

#2892 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

No, not that simple.
Dwight has to say that, in case the code never gets updated. They don't want to make promises they can't keep.
He may, of course, get time to work on it some more. Then it's a surprise.

Exactly. There is no guarantee so that's all that can be said.

Rob

#2893 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

GB code was changed to try and make it less difficult for new players. Which is fine, but some of these changes cannot be adjusted in the game settings which I hope Dwight will consider adding.
My wishlist:

Spinner levels which can be increased outside of random awards

Increase Spinner Level is also a skill shot you can hit.

#2894 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Increase Spinner Level is also a skill shot you can hit.

Yeah, but I want GoT like spinner levels... lol

Rob

#2895 6 years ago

Just had a massive rush of a game at 6b (1st high score).

Not sure if this was mentioned before but when you shoot tobin's, if you hit both flipper buttons together during the first animation, it will give you a list of rewards, you have a split second to determine if you want to keep those rewards. If yes, hit the right flipper button, if not hit both flipper buttons together again.

I think you can do this up to 2 times (3 lists). I usually look for light extra ball and if I don't see if I'll hit both flippers. Sometimes I'll stick if I see start PKE if I am close to a MB or 10% of score.

#2896 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Just had a massive rush of a game at 6b (1st high score).
Not sure if this was mentioned before but when you shoot tobin's, if you hit both flipper buttons together during the first animation, it will give you a list of rewards, you have a split second to determine if you want to keep those rewards. If yes, hit the right flipper button, if not hit both flipper buttons together again.
I think you can do this up to 2 times (3 lists). I usually look for light extra ball and if I don't see if I'll hit both flippers. Sometimes I'll stick if I see start PKE if I am close to a MB or 10% of score.

I don't think that's true. I think you just get everything in the list.

#2897 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I don't think that's true. I think you just get everything in the list.

You do get everything on the list. My point is you can change the list out. If you don't like the first list, hit both flipper buttons, if you don't like the 2nd list, hit both flipper buttons again; you are stuck with the 3rd list.

#2898 6 years ago

The tilt forum guys tend to care more about actual game play then over here. This is what they have to say.

http://tiltforums.com/t/ghostbusters-pinball-rulesheet/1358

(20) Tobin's Spirit Guide
This award is lit at the left scoop after collecting 20 Ghosts or as a random Slot Pops award. It can also be started by making the left scoop Skill Shot if it's already lit to start a Scene. Tobin's Spirit Guide instantly awards 3 to 5 random awards - sometimes minor, sometimes important. I won't be listing all the possible awards here because there's likely far too many, but awards like Light Storage Facility or Light Playfield Multipliers are more likely to be given out in 3-packs than awards like Spot G-H-O-S-T. In other words, you may get 3 relatively impactful awards, or 4-5 less-impactful awards. Competition mode will standardize the awards; one other giveaway is that the animation is much faster.

#2899 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

You do get everything on the list. My point is you can change the list out. If you don't like the first list, hit both flipper buttons, if you don't like the 2nd list, hit both flipper buttons again; you are stuck with the 3rd list.

Still don't agree. Your just speeding up the process.

There is an adjustment in the menu which I have set that shortens the animation. It just immediately puts up your awards instead of doing the multi list deal

Good game in any case. I feel like over 2 bil is the mark of a good game.

#2900 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Still don't agree. Your just speeding up the process.

Nope. It's definitely 3 separate unique random lists.

I've done what you said about speeding up the process - after you read the list you can hit both flipper buttons to immediately get the rewards and have the ball kicked out.

This is different. Try it. As soon as the list appears, hit both flipper buttons- don't wait more than a split second. I usually try to read the first 2 items in the list and kill it if I don't see extra ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.