IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 250.
#2751 7 years ago

My game currently has 1335 plays and it had at least 1000 of those before I turned off the Scoleri Brothers. I've played it enough to have a 1.9 billion point game. Breaking them in wasn't doing the trick. I think I'll try stretching out the stock springs but as I've thought about it more, I think I prefer the game without them.

#2752 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

My game currently has 1335 plays and it had at least 1000 of those before I turned off the Scoleri Brothers. I've played it enough to have a 1.9 billion point game. Breaking them in wasn't doing the trick. I think I'll try stretching out the stock springs but as I've thought about it more, I think I prefer the game without them.

For my machine stretching the springs out didn't fix the problem. "Stretching the springs" to me means making them have less tension. I recommend attaching the stock springs so that they have more tension. I hope this makes sense. Attach the springs so that less coils are being used.
Now my scoleri targets drop perfectly with any shot.
Junky

#2753 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

For my machine stretching the springs out didn't fix the problem. "Stretching the springs" to me means making them have less tension. I recommend attaching the stock springs so that they have more tension. I hope this makes sense. Attach the springs so that less coils are being used.
Junky

Call pinball life and get springs for $.99 and the shorter piece for right ramp.

Worked for Me!!!

#2754 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Junky

The two things you are referring to are one and the same. You are stretching the springs out and creating more tension when you mount them using less coils. This is what I did and it works well in my case.

Quoted from sepins:

Call pinball life and get springs for $.99 and the shorter piece for right ramp.
Worked for Me!!!

The pinball life springs worked well for a bit for me but they create so much tension that eventually the targets wouldn't stay up anymore. They'd pop up but drop down immediately. I've heard of many people experiencing the same thing.

#2755 7 years ago

Ordered my topper from Classicgamerooms on eBay for $504.00 with "fast and free shipping" on 4.4.17. As of today my topper still hasn't shipped. I contacted them and the owner told me they weren't in stock but he has 10 on the way and is expecting them in tomorrow 4.10.17. Seems pretty deceiving to list an item you don't even have in stock. I was hoping to have my topper by tomorrow at the latest. Anyone else dealt with this company? They have great feedback on eBay somehow! Hopefully it actually ships tomorrow.

#2756 7 years ago

IMG_4150 (resized).PNGIMG_4150 (resized).PNG

#2757 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

They are supposed to drop with one hit.

Yes, they should drop with one hit. Most owners have adjusted the spring. Its the best option really. The replacement spring is too tight for most people who have to go back to the original spring and then adjust mechanically. "This works and its easy to do.
To adjust the springs: slip the spring off of its hook and link it on the hook about 12 coils into the spring effectively letting you shorten the spring by a variable adjustment. The typical choice is 10-15 coils.
If you still get failed drops bump the number of coils up by 3.
12 up to 15 and test again.
scolari-spring (resized).jpgscolari-spring (resized).jpg

#2758 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Ordered my topper from Classicgamerooms on eBay for $504.00 with "fast and free shipping" on 4.4.17. As of today my topper still hasn't shipped. I contacted them and the owner told me they weren't in stock but he has 10 on the way and is expecting them in tomorrow 4.10.17. Seems pretty deceiving to list an item you don't even have in stock. I was hoping to have my topper by tomorrow at the latest. Anyone else dealt with this company? They have great feedback on eBay somehow! Hopefully it actually ships tomorrow.

Jason is our local ATL Stern Distro. Good guy. I have bought 3 NIB Stern games from him and have been happy.

#2759 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Jason is our local ATL Stern Distro. Good guy. I have bought 3 NIB Stern games from him and have been happy.

Yea I've ordered from them before without issue. I'm not trying to be a pain with him but he doesn't seem to get why I would be frustrated that my order hasn't shipped a week later when the listing said in stock (and still does).

#2760 7 years ago

Does anyone know when the round Librarian white insert is supposed to illuminate. I have never seen it lit other that test mode and the attract mode. I have completed every scene ,and started but came up short of completing "We are ready to believe you!"by one shot each time i have gotten there.

I am certain there are some treasures that I have missed along the way- for instance :
During Stay Puft scene- he usually flattens cars, only once has he gone after a church building.I have seen some interesting Slimer animations, that were not part of Ballroom, but I don't know what triggered this.

#2761 7 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Does anyone know when the round Librarian white insert is supposed to illuminate. I have never seen it lit other that test mode and the attract mode.

The white dome always flashes (as a warning) right before the ball kicks out of the left scoop.

#2762 7 years ago

I think he means the librarian insert, the one at the top of that ladder. I am curious about this also

#2763 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think he means the librarian insert, the one at the top of that ladder. I am curious about this also

+1 , never seen it lit .

#2764 7 years ago

I wanted to give my thanks and round of applause for all the help chucksmith is sharing in this thread!

A Godsend to Stern and Pinside for all the Help!!

#2765 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I wanted to give my thanks and round of applause for all the help chucksmith is sharing in this thread!

Thank you, but I'm just giving back and paying it forward. I'm grateful for Pinside and its community.

#2766 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Of course (silly me) My brain saw Library in place of Librarian.
As I recall, The Librarian light has come up in previous posts. Its not been programmed all along. Maybe in 1.14?
Ghostbusters v1.13 bugs and features Post #1 in topic
Ghostbusters code/bugs/ideas... Post #401 in topic
Ghostbusters code/bugs/ideas... Post #353 in topic

lib-light (resized).jpglib-light (resized).jpg

#2767 7 years ago

Something wonderful is happening with my library mod just ordered this off ebay should be a perfect fit ill let your imagination wonder pics video coming soon

IMG_7268 (resized).PNGIMG_7268 (resized).PNG

IMG_7286 (resized).PNGIMG_7286 (resized).PNG

#2768 7 years ago

Anyone occasionally have the ball hit marshmallowman when it's auto plunged? It then rolls down the who brought the dog ramp.

#2769 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

in the other way, its a bit pity that "new owners" didnt search or just read previous pages (even if i know, its already page 56 here)
as most of the last probs related are not new and already debated more than few times

see, i was interested in (and than bought it) an Avengers, than i've read all his "club" topic, because i know it would be usefull for me

but OK...

#2770 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

in the other way, its a bit pity that "new owners" didnt search or just read previous pages (even if i know, its already page 56 here)
as most of the last probs related are not new and already debated more than few times
see, i was interested in (and than bought it) an Avengers, than i've read all his "club" topic, because i know it would be usefull for me
but OK...

Searching Pinside can be hit or miss most of the time.
New-comers will have even less chance of hitting the right key words or knowing even what words to search on or where to look.
Providing the best help will encourage new people to stay excited about pinball. Offering quick clear help means more people getting & staying involved in pinball vs being frustrated with things that they could easily fix just because they had the help they needed.
When I 1st joined, I had a lot of help with little questions that were a big deal to me, yet everyone was really helpful & patient.
Thank you to everyone who helped me when I 1st bought by Ghostbusters Pinball machine.

#2771 7 years ago

Ok. I have a question for owners/operators:

I played in C Division this past weekend at PAPA and played Ghost Busters. I hit the hurry-up shot for 101 million points. I put my name in and everything. However, the game only scored me 30 million. The guy after me did the same thing: Hit a 110 million hurry-up, put his name in. Only had 80 million points.

Is there a way in the system to shut off the hurry-up score? Like make it so the shot doesn't count at all? I was already playing bad but that really blew my vibe for the rest of the weekend.

#2772 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone occasionally have the ball hit marshmallowman when it's auto plunged? It then rolls down the who brought the dog ramp.

Me. I believe this is why junky bent up the corner of the gate it goes through on the right side on his game. for me, when this happens, it bangs into the Stay Puft. So I may be doing the same (currently, this happens about 25% of the time)

#2773 7 years ago

I just installed this on the right side, left side yet to do. My seams aren't split "yet" so hopefully they will prevent it from happening in the future. Stern should do this on ALL their legs on ALL their games. Just got the left side done, about 20 minutes.

IMGA0087 (resized).JPGIMGA0087 (resized).JPG

IMGA0088 (resized).JPGIMGA0088 (resized).JPG

#2774 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just installed this on the right side, left side yet to do. My seams aren't split "yet" so hopefully they will prevent it from happening in the future. Stern should do this on ALL their legs on ALL their games. Just got the left side done, about 20 minutes.

Hi Paul,
Where did you get this corner reinforcement item?
Is there an example of splitting sides?
Is there a known cause to the splitting?

#2775 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Where did you get this corner reinforcement item?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2776 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Is there an example of splitting sides?

Here's the topic. A must read even though it does go a little off topic towards the end.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets/page/4

#2777 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

but OK...

I did a search for the issue I brought up and came up empty. It was also my first post in this thread so it allowed me to "join the club". Thanks for the inviting attitude! I've bought 18 pins in 9 months. Would it have been a good use of my time to read every post in every club for each of those? If you assume 10 seconds per post in this thread alone, that's almost 8 hours. I don't have time for that. I would read a ton of posts that would never be useful to me and I'd have to remember the exact answer for all of the questions so if I ever had that problem in the future, I could "know" the fix. If I didn't remember and had to look it up again, I wasted my time the first time; just like you wasted your time with your post and I wasted my time responding to it.

Now back on topic with a Ghostbusters quote. "Yes, it's true; this man has no dick." -Peter Venkman

#2778 7 years ago
Quoted from clue2025:

Ok. I have a question for owners/operators:
I played in C Division this past weekend at PAPA and played Ghost Busters. I hit the hurry-up shot for 101 million points. I put my name in and everything. However, the game only scored me 30 million. The guy after me did the same thing: Hit a 110 million hurry-up, put his name in. Only had 80 million points.
Is there a way in the system to shut off the hurry-up score? Like make it so the shot doesn't count at all? I was already playing bad but that really blew my vibe for the rest of the weekend.

Which hurry up? I assume you are talking about Gozer? Were multipliers running at the time? I know there were some bugs with the terror dog hurry ups which were fixed in 1.13 but with fixing them the double score moved from the ramp to the target. I don't know if that was intentional or not. The game also doesn't let you run 2 terror dog hurry ups at the same time either... I hope that gets fixed in the future.

Rob

#2779 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But, are some people over-tightening the leg bolts which could contribute to the issue?

Rob

#2780 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

But, are some people over-tightening the leg bolts which could contribute to the issue?
Rob

Maybe, maybe aggressive and constant nudging. All I know is that the HD leg braces give the game a better chance of staying in one piece.

#2781 7 years ago

Are the leg light ups causing this Paul ?

#2782 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Are the leg light ups causing this Paul ?

I think they are heating and melting the Elmers glue Stern uses. But don't tell anyone.

#2783 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think they are heating and melting the Elmers glue Stern uses. But don't tell anyone.

Lol

#2784 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

When I 1st joined, I had a lot of help with little questions that were a big deal to me, yet everyone was really helpful & patient. Thank you to everyone who helped me when I 1st bought by Ghostbusters Pinball machine.

and i was one of these guys as i was more than active in some GB threads, including code update... (btw, of course +1 with what Art said about you)
btw, its not my com was negative to just be negative (even more when i'm NOT natural english native, and also far from being perfect in that language) but more to people do a simple search by themself instead of having this easy reflex to ask evbd for the probs they have in front of them

in the same idea not sure if the "dick" joke is a... joke !?

meanwhile, for those not liking what i wrote, without knowing me, than feel free to add some more negative thumbs if this makes you feel better

have a nice day, and of course enjoy GB

#2785 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's the topic. A must read even though it does go a little off topic towards the end.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets/page/4

Last night I read the entire thread. Then I inspected my from corners inside and out.

Q: Has anyone had splitting and NOT had a shaker motor? I've seen several photos posted and every one who showed the inside-right had a shaker motor. If the the shaker is causing this , you would think the right corner would be the worst , not the left.

My side-art is fine at the moment. My seams look fine for now, but I also just ordered the corner braces.

#2786 7 years ago

Hmmm, GB is the only game that I have with a shaker motor, but have only had it on for a week or better. I may order these HD braces just for good measure, but see no evidence of separation at this point.

I did have a RS for 6 months and never noticed any splitting on this....and this game had a shaker since day one.

#2787 7 years ago

My GB is fine. AS is split on left side. Less than 100 plays. Teflon sliders on legs. I've ordered reinforcements for both.

#2788 7 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Hmmm, GB is the only game that I have with a shaker motor, but have only had it on for a week or better. I may order these HD braces just for good measure, but see no evidence of separation at this point.
I did have a RS for 6 months and never noticed any splitting on this....and this game had a shaker since day one.

Not sure what RS is (sorry), but here are the Stern games that should be looked at (or any Stern title purchased on the last 2 years.)
recent stern games (resized).pngrecent stern games (resized).png

#2789 7 years ago

Whoops ,sorry thought this was inquiring about any shaker motor. RS is Roadshow.

I will read through the thread that you mentioned.

#2790 7 years ago

20170411_081258 (resized).jpg20170411_081258 (resized).jpg

#2791 7 years ago

Wow...sorry to hear that is happening to your game. This is BS that this is evening happening on new games. Has your distributor said anything about taking care of the issue?

#2792 7 years ago

I finally reached WARTBY and have some questions for those that have reached this mode. I created a new thread as I didn't want it to be a spoiler for those that haven't reached it. If someone has reached it and understands the mode if you could chime in it would be much appreciated. Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-wartby-question

#2793 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow...sorry to hear that is happening to your game. This is BS that this is evening happening on new games. Has your distributor said anything about taking care of the issue?

I just discovered it last night. Stern should at least reinforce the corners

#2794 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Q: Has anyone had splitting and NOT had a shaker motor? I've seen several photos posted and every one who showed the inside-right had a shaker motor. If the the shaker is causing this , you would think the right corner would be the worst , not the left.

The one on location near me is split and has no shaker.

#2795 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I just discovered it last night. Stern should at least reinforce the corners

Yipes!! I guess I am going to order those re-enforced corners too. argh.

#2796 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Which hurry up? I assume you are talking about Gozer? Were multipliers running at the time? I know there were some bugs with the terror dog hurry ups which were fixed in 1.13 but with fixing them the double score moved from the ramp to the target. I don't know if that was intentional or not. The game also doesn't let you run 2 terror dog hurry ups at the same time either... I hope that gets fixed in the future.
Rob

The right ramp hurry up which I think is Gozer. That'd be crap if they didn't update something or whatever but that was annoying. Why put a machine in the bank if there are known problems? Ah well. Here's to Pinburgh with everything from bad to great lol.

#2797 7 years ago
Quoted from clue2025:

The right ramp hurry up which I think is Gozer. That'd be crap if they didn't update something or whatever but that was annoying. Why put a machine in the bank if there are known problems? Ah well. Here's to Pinburgh with everything from bad to great lol.

Gozer hurry up is the stand up target in the very back to the left of the pop bumpers. Gozer will flash when you're in this hurry up. You can't really see the target from a normal playing position.

#2798 7 years ago

I had this right out of the box. I did add a shaker motor but it hasnt gotten any worse. Will that reinforcement pull the wood back together?

IMG_1297 (resized).JPGIMG_1297 (resized).JPG

#2799 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I had this right out of the box. I did add a shaker motor but it hasnt gotten any worse. Will that reinforcement pull the wood back together?

Yikes...you'd probably want to glue it and clamp it together somehow before installing that bracket to make the seam as unnoticeable as possible.

#2800 7 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Yikes...you'd probably want to glue it and clamp it together somehow before installing that bracket to make the seam as unnoticeable as possible.

Yeah I would use a clamp to bring it back together and then use the bracket (and maybe an L bracket above it) to help keep it in place.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 49.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/56?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.