B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 250.
#2651 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Is there a colorDMD for GB?

No, they haven't colorized it yet.

#2652 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

So you want to justify the stern ghost busters topper? Look at previous toppers. Most copy a toy on the play field ( TWD, GOT ) but GB topper is unique in that the topper has unique code that does not copy anything on the playfield. What we need is more code supporting the GB topper. Currently it goes off when the Ecto 1 is on the DMD and that's all I've seen so far.

Agreed 100%. It complements the game in a way most of the toppers don't.

#2653 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I just bought a premium from a distributor and they are going to ship it tomorrow.
after seeing all this stuff about ghosting inserts it starting to make me second guess the purchase.
is this something that has been fixed? or am I taking a gamble?
is there a certain date that stern started making them right?
if so I'll probably go with dialed in or something.

Take a deep breath and relax lol. Your machine will be made way after the bad runs and the ghosting is a non issue now. Anything made october 2016 and after will be fine. Only thing I would reccomend to you would be to turn the ball trough eject setting down to the lowest setting which is 175 I believe because the trough eject is set from the factory way way too hard and could damage your shooter lane IMO.

#2654 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Take a deep breath and relax lol. Your machine will be made way after the bad runs and the ghosting is a non issue now. Anything made october 2016 and after will be fine. Only thing I would reccomend to you would be to turn the ball trough eject setting down to the lowest setting which is 175 I believe because the trough eject is set from the factory way way too hard and could damage your shooter lane IMO.

P.S. oh yeah, you just bought the best damn pinball machine there is too! GB is a total blast

#2655 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

awesome, yeah I really liked the game. At least the few games I was able to play.

#2656 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

awesome, yeah I really liked the game. At least the few games I was able to play.

You are going to absolutely love it. Its my favorite game of all time. It can be frustrating at times because its a hard machine but its a blast to play overall.

#2657 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Dumb question time: Do you you guys add any kind of extra protection behind the legs or is what looks to be already attached to the cab sufficient?

That's all you need to prevent the cab decal from wrinkling. For looks get my mod.

#2658 7 years ago

You'll love GB, any version, but I'm biased for our premium. It doesn't matter if the game is PERFECT, people will pick it apart. Not sure why this is but it happens. We have over 600 plays now and it seems to get better and better. Can't wait to play it again and again.

Yes, there are something you can do to make it play better and after a while you'll be adjusting again, and cleaning, and adjusting, etc.
Example, I put the Scolari bros springs in at 0 plays. At 600 plays I had to go back to the orig spring on the left brother. At 600 plays I took my home-made air protector off to make some technical adjustments and the ball still flies (really flies). The playfield is dimpled and ramps have a wear line but I still love it, so does my wife and daughter.

Added the Pinovators system tonight. Paid $90 (on close out - the one without the mute) and it's awesome. If you haven't played GB with headphones (and I know I've said this recently) - you need to.

#2659 7 years ago

Would anyone recommend installing a full playfield protector on new Ghostbusters Premium? I'm wondering if it's worth the extra expense and time investment. I won't have my game for at least a couple weeks.

#2660 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Would anyone recommend installing a full playfield protector on new Ghostbusters Premium? I'm wondering if it's worth the extra expense and time investment. I won't have my game for at least a couple weeks.

You will have to remove a lot of stuff to put it on. with that said, some people love , others say they would not use them.
Pro's protects the playfield
Con's they can get scratched and need to replaced after X plays. (no idea how long) .
If I had a time machine , I think I would put one on. The cost is fair, the amount stuff you need to remove & replace?
I'm not crazy about that.
Now here is one that looks like you won't have to take off too much from the back from pinballlife.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4461
The flippers, slings, all have to come off and then it goes over slimer or the city, not sure what the back square lines up to..
I would say do it...
Worst case scenario, you take it off and don't replace it in a few years.
Best case scenario, you use it for years & years and your playfield looks awesome.

#2661 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I recommend it

#2662 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Reseat your connections under the playfield.....should fix that.

Quoted from chuckcasey:

This did happen to me right after I adjusted the flippers. Turned out that I had knocked up molex connector off of the NODE near the left flipper solenoid. The game kinda of played for a sec and then rebooted. Thought my life was over but found the molex had fallen off. No more old days when you pulled connectors to troubleshoot. Pulling one now puts the SPIKE system in a tail spin.

Thanks for the responses guys.
I snugged up every connector I could find in the whole machine. I didn't find any that appeared very loose. I DO think this may have fixed the problem. I played many games yesterday and didn't have a restart. So far, so good.
I also decreased the shaker intensity to minimal.

Thanks
Junky

#2663 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I generally think full playfield protectors are overkill on a modern games. Given how prevalent dimpling is on GB, however, it might not be a bad idea. I'm not sure if it's from the softer wood, or simply because the ball is so wild, but I have more dimpling on my GB than any other game I own.

#2664 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I generally think full playfield protectors are overkill on a modern games. Given how prevalent dimpling is on GB, however, it might not be a bad idea. I'm not sure if it's from the softer wood, or simply because the ball is so wild, but I have more dimpling on my GB than any other game I own.

Would the PF protector actually prevent the dimpling that occurs on GB, or would it just lessen the effect?

#2665 7 years ago

Keep playing it eventually it will be one big dimple.

#2666 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Would the PF protector actually prevent the dimpling that occurs on GB, or would it just lessen the effect?

I'm not sure. I guess it depends on what they're made out of and how thick they are.

#2667 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

this is what I was wondering, It would have to be some pretty thick/strong material to prevent dimpling. So I would be pretty skeptical.

#2668 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Yes, they do prevent dimples.

#2669 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes, they do prevent dimples.

I doubt that seriously

#2670 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nope....too much trouble. That playfield will be fine and last forever in a home environment. Just keep it cleaned and waxed every so often and put new balls in the game once a year.

#2671 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nope....too much trouble. That playfield will be fine and last forever in a home environment. Just keep it cleaned and waxed every so often and put new balls in the game once a year.

I bought premium balls but don't want to put them in yet until they stop hitting the corner of the orbit gate.

#2672 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I doubt that seriously

Do you have any on your pins?

#2673 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I really like them. I put one on my GB Prem this weekend. It took about 4+ hours to remove everything...taking pictures as i went. I think it was right around 3 hours to re-install. I installed a set of Titan rings on it .My game is 3 weeks old and is littered with dimples, at least with the protector on now, they are harder to see.

IMG_4094 2 (resized).JPGIMG_4094 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_4462 2 (resized).JPGIMG_4462 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_4664 2 (resized).JPGIMG_4664 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_5955 2 (resized).JPGIMG_5955 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_6645 2 (resized).JPGIMG_6645 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_7103 2 (resized).JPGIMG_7103 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_8040 2 (resized).JPGIMG_8040 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_8476 2 (resized).JPGIMG_8476 2 (resized).JPG

#2674 7 years ago

Ha..just noticed right sling is missing a 5/16" nut...so that is where that extra part goes.

I notice that the ball is extremely quite as it rolls on the PF protector, it has a dampening effect. I can only speculate that this would suggest a cushioning for air ball dimples.

I got my game through Marco Specialties as a show game for the Banning Arcade Expo-I wished that I had enough time to install it prior to the show opening, it would be interesting to see if it would eliminate the dimples.

Some love the product, others hate it. I have them on 3 of my games and I am satisfied with the look and performance.

#2675 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Do you have any on your pins?

No and I don't want any on my pins either. Let's just suppose that they do prevent dimples. If that's true then the protector is so hard that there's no way in hell that it plays the same as a pinball machine that doesn't have one. Playfield protectors are overkill, just play the game and enjoy it. A game should last forever in a home use environment anyway if taken care of.

#2676 7 years ago

I just got my GB Premium and I am in the process of installing all the mods i purchased for it. Has anyone out there installed the LERmods
Ecto 1?
http://lermods.com/products/ghostbusters-pinball-illuminated-flashing-sirens-ecto-1-car-mod

I have an idea where to mount (Right ramp) but I am not sure where to snake the wires. Also, I am kinda bummed it used alligator clips instead of a connector. If that clip falls off or shorts across will it damage the machine? Lastly, can someone take better pics from their premium to show how they installed? PF, and under PF, and how they routed the wires would be helpful.

I also had a second question. I wanted to set the game up for a 7 degree incline. Stern says if the bubble is centered in the level on the game its 6.5 degree. Someone at Stern told me 7 degree's the bulb should be directly underneath the top line. I took a digital angle finder and placed it on the upper playfield and it reads 7 degrees and then placed it on the lower playfield and its 6.5 degrees. The bubble is also halfway over the top line.

Why is the angle different from top vs bottom of playfield?

Thanks in advance.

#2677 7 years ago

Damn it. I couldn't wait. I ordered a topper. Can't wait to get it!

#2678 7 years ago

I also just finished a video for my Ghostbusters...keep free to check it out and subscribe to my channel!

#2679 7 years ago

Is there a way to set extra balls at 50 AND 100 ghosts? I could have swore the one on location lit extra ball at 50 and 100 ghosts.

Mine only lights at 50. (I removed the default and have it set to 50)

#2680 7 years ago

I've got a gripe with the DMD.

Animations are great, but it's hard to know what your score is or what ball you're on. There's always scenes or graphics taking up the whole display, and the score is hardly ever shown. Even at the beginning of the ball, you have the skill shot info, but not the score. I rarely know my score until the whole game is over. It's ridiculous to have to stop your game and hold the flippers up to see your score.

I know Gomez always said "the game is under the glass", but Stern waited way too long to transition to LCD. There's a lot happening on these newer games, and more display is required. This game definitely deserved it. A damn shame.

#2681 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I've got a gripe with the DMD.
Animations are great, but it's hard to know what your score is or what ball you're on. There's always scenes or graphics taking up the whole display, and the score is hardly ever shown. Even at the beginning of the ball, you have the skill shot info, but not the score. I rarely know my score until the whole game is over. It's ridiculous to have to stop your game and hold the flippers up to see your score.
I know Gomez always said "the game is under the glass", but Stern waited way too long to transition to LCD. There's a lot happening on these newer games, and more display is required. This game definitely deserved it. A damn shame.

Agree 100% and it's not just limited to GB either. Pretty sure my GOT and TWD do the same thing.

#2682 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I also just finished a video for my Ghostbusters...keep free to check it out and subscribe to my channel!
» YouTube video

Good video!

#2683 7 years ago

It was my gripe too, about not being able to see you score and hence progress. With AS the score is posted a lot and makes team play better - at least you know where you are compared with someone else

#2684 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Agree 100% and it's not just limited to GB either. Pretty sure my GOT and TWD do the same thing.

TWD drives me nuts because once your game is over the score displays for barely a micro second before the match sequence. You almost always have to hit the flipper button to see your score when it's done.

#2685 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Damn it. I couldn't wait. I ordered a topper. Can't wait to get it!

Good for you! I know people are buying them, but I wish it was an open discussion. I'm thinking due to the price, its not talked about much for fear of criticism. Personally, I want to get one, I just keep putting it off. If the next code update adds anything new to it, that might be all it takes to get me to order one.

#2686 7 years ago

Even though I wouldn't buy one, I do think the GB topper is the best one Stern has done to date. The one for KISS is pretty darn cool as well.

#2687 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Even though I wouldn't buy one, I do think the GB topper is the best one Stern has done to date. The one for KISS is pretty darn cool as well.

Really? I think it looks like it was made out of Tupperware.

#2688 7 years ago

I know one thing, whoever put that little plastic on the right right side that is riveted on right above the outlane post is a sadist. Hope I only ever have to move that thing once. Realistically if you want to move that outlane post you have to take out the subway ramp. I lived dangerously and just loosened stuff up but I thought I was going to break something getting it out of there.

2304dc3fdb756c8354749f2283db30c8b3a6d5c4 (resized).jpg2304dc3fdb756c8354749f2283db30c8b3a6d5c4 (resized).jpg

#2689 7 years ago

Is there a cliffy or something to protect the ESP (Van Horne) kickoff. Something like the shire protector? Maybe it doesn't exist yet.

IMG_20170405_202722 (resized).jpgIMG_20170405_202722 (resized).jpg

#2690 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Agree. So many other Stern toppers just duplicate something that is already on the playfield but to a larger scale. The Ghostbusters topper is truly unique and replicates one of the most iconic pieces on the Ecto-1.

I think the price is what turns a lot of people off considering that their are no actual rotating beacons in the topper (just simulated) and there is not a functioning siren.

I'll probably buy one eventually if it's integration is expanded with a future code update.

#2691 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Really? I think it looks like it was made out of Tupperware.

Really. It looks great! Love mine!

#2692 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Good for you! I know people are buying them, but I wish it was an open discussion. I'm thinking due to the price, its not talked about much for fear of criticism. Personally, I want to get one, I just keep putting it off. If the next code update adds anything new to it, that might be all it takes to get me to order one.

I sold one of my guitars that doesn't get much play to fund it. I couldn't justify using my savings for something trivial like that. It really completes the machine to me so hopefully it arrives soon. I got it on eBay from Classicgamerooms. They need to get it shipped!

#2693 7 years ago

Up in post #2673 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/54#post-3694450), I noticed the inserts are different colors, not the original white flashers. Cool look!

#2694 7 years ago

What do those inserts represent by the way? I notice that sometimes they are lit and sometimes not. They always flash when the slings 'fire' but they are lit solid on occasion.

#2695 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

What do those inserts represent by the way? I notice that sometimes they are lit and sometimes not. They always flash when the slings 'fire' but they are lit solid on occasion.

The more lights, the more active they are. Also I think if they are lit solid, they may activate even without a ball hitting the sling switch, I swear it has grabbed the balls without them touching a switch.

#2696 7 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Up in post #2673 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/54#post-3694450), I noticed the inserts are different colors, not the original white flashers. Cool look!

Those do look cool. Does anyone what bulb socket type the mode ladder inserts use? I haven't received my game yet but may order some colored LED'S for those inserts.

#2697 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Is there a cliffy or something to protect the ESP (Van Horne) kickoff. Something like the shire protector? Maybe it doesn't exist yet.

not sure if you said it before, but how much games on this pin ?
as it looks quite "damaged" already... :/

#2698 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

You will have to remove a lot of stuff to put it on. with that said, some people love , others say they would not use them.
Pro's protects the playfield
Con's they can get scratched and need to replaced after X plays. (no idea how long) .
If I had a time machine , I think I would put one on. The cost is fair, the amount stuff you need to remove & replace?
I'm not crazy about that.
Now here is one that looks like you won't have to take off too much from the back from pinballlife.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4461
The flippers, slings, all have to come off and then it goes over slimer or the city, not sure what the back square lines up to..
I would say do it...
Worst case scenario, you take it off and don't replace it in a few years.
Best case scenario, you use it for years & years and your playfield looks awesome.

Thanks for the tips. The pinball life protector looks nice as like you said you don't have to remove as much. The protector must stop at the orbits, I wonder if the protector would lift up near the edge as the ball rolls over it from orbit shots?

There's also this one which is a full playfield protector.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/58joTtBkSk2BFnxLz17wyw?catgoryid=22&name=Playfield%20Protector%20Ghostbusters%20(Premium)%20%7C%202016

Update: nevermind, looks like the Pinball Life protector is a full protector as well.

#2699 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not sure if you said it before, but how much games on this pin ?
as it looks quite "damaged" already... :/

It is damaged which is why I'm asking. Prob a billion million games

#2700 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

use mylar

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
15,699 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.