B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 250.
#2601 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Based on my slow motion filming, the gate opens when the switch following the ecto-goggles just hits.
(pros its right there after the shooter lane exit) -
The ball rolls over the wire pressing the switch, hopefully right away before the ball completely presses the wire actuator down.
Does it do it every single time? Depends on code and where you are in the game, and which direction the ball is flowing.
* If you do a manual full plunge , the gate should open every time.
* If you do a left flip up to the right-to-left orbit and it goes through and lands on the left flipper, It should repeat again and again.
* Auto Plunge (ball save) I don't think this will ever let the ball past the gate. The ball should be blocked and fall to the pops.

Thanks for the info Chuck.

I'm very frustrated with the right orbit counter-clockwise shot from the left flipper. MANY times this shot doesn't register during a mode. I'm assuming it's the rollover switch above the ecto goggles that isn't being pressed. I think these shots should count during the mode even if they crash into the closed electric gate. The opto under the goggles should count IMO. I think I'm gonna try a plastic "roof" as others have done above the switch by stay puft.

On soapbox..
I'm just plain irritated that there are so many required "fixes" for this brand new game to play correctly.
Bending the gate frame above stay puft
Airball deflector!
Anti-outlane jumping plastics
Scoleri spring adjustments**
And now a plastic orbit "roof" above the switch too?

WTF? Didn't Stern techs actually play these machines??
Off soapbox..

**Scoleri springs! Others stated that stretching or expanding the springs did the trick. This was the exact opposite on my game. I needed a much stiffer spring on mine. Now they drop nicely

Junky

#2602 7 years ago

Yesterday right in the middle of a 2 player game my machine did a complete shutdown and restart. This is the first time I've seen this. Anyone else have this happen? If it's already mentioned somewhere I haven't seen it.

#2603 7 years ago

I've got a 1 5/8" hex post. I'll have to try that right ramp trick. Mine isn't impossible to hit by any stretch, but it's definitely the hardest shot in the game - and I get plenty of rejects. So there's an existing hex under the playfield that I just swap out?

#2604 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I've got a 1 5/8" hex post. I'll have to try that right ramp trick. Mine isn't impossible to hit by any stretch, but it's definitely the hardest shot in the game - and I get plenty of rejects. So there's an existing hex under the playfield that I just swap out?

Yeah- Remove one top screw then remove hex spacer. Really easy. If you tiny monkey fingers you can replace hex spacer
without removing gerbil cage but it's only 2 more hex nuts to do that.

#2605 7 years ago

Joined the club last week! Picked up a pro in a trade with a fellow pinsider.

Couple of questions:

1. Is "Are you a God" in the game yet? I got through WARTB but thought that was the end and stopped paying attention so not sure if there was some way to qualify AYAG or if maybe it's not coded yet.

2. On my pin when shooting the left ramp, the feed around to the right flipper seems to go into the lock more than it should. I play two other Gb's locally and they don't seem to play the same as mine. I'm going to re check the side to side leveling first. After that I'm considering putting a washer under the ramp somewhere to level it out.
I looked through the issue thread and didn't see anyone mention this yet. It's not too major, but it slows the game down, and can be especially painful during looping supers.

3. You better players out there, what settings have you changed? Since getting to WARTB I've opened the outlanes and set the eb limit to 3. Wondering if there are any mode settings worth checking out.

4. Lastly and sadly, there are a couple of inserts starting to ghost. Anything I'm supposed to do other than use good balls/clean/wax?

Busting makes me feel good

#2606 7 years ago

1. assuming that WARTBY is not the same than AYAG (for Dwight i mean), than no, its still not in

2. without the gate being active ? than its not logical

3. time mode to OFF (its ON from factory); and if you like it more brutal, remove the gate at the right lane at the bumpers exit

4. well, ghosting is ghosting, what you have said will not make the ghosting "better"

#2607 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

2. without the gate being active ? than its not logical

Yes. It seems like maybe a leveling issue. It doesn't always go in there. Perfectly solid shots will rip around and feed to the flipper. Otherwise it's about 50/50 if they drop into the hole or feed to the flipper.

Thanks for the other recommendations.

#2608 7 years ago

I own a Pro, and finally got to play a Premium in person. I noticed on the premium that the short ramp on the right had a narrower (1/8th"?) blue rubber. the pro looks like its about twice as thick. Has anyone ever installed the premium rubber on the pro to make the short ramp entrance a little wider and easier to hit?

also I have noticed that when i start 'storage facility multiball' if my first immediate shot is the left orbit, it does not register. It will register later, once all the multiballs are in play, but there seems to be a timer running that delays that shot. haven't noticed it on others yet. small thing but kind of annoying.

#2609 7 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

I'm seeing a lot of node board failure. This is disappointing for a game hardly 1 year old. Is there a pattern developing with specific boards going, or does it seem random? And what is the cause of these board failures?
I've had my GBLE going strong so far, but it's discouraging to keep reading about node board failures.
*knocks on wood*

Until we can document true node boards failures completely unrelated to adding lighting or plugging in the wrong item in the wrong socket etc, I don't feel its fair to say Stern is making a bad node boards. My node boards are all working fine since Oct 2016. I'm sure there have been some failures and from what I've seen, Stern has replaced the node boards quickly when that happened. If its a real problem, maybe we need a thread documenting node boards failures.

#2610 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Yeah- Remove one top screw then remove hex spacer. Really easy. If you tiny monkey fingers you can replace hex spacer
without removing gerbil cage but it's only 2 more hex nuts to do that.

Holy smokes! I just put the 1 5/8 spacer in and it makes a world of a difference! That shot is buttery smooth now. I'd add this small but huge change to the "must" list for Premium/LE owners.

#2611 7 years ago

Wow. Unfortunately tonight I saw my GB Prem shutdown and restart in the middle of a game again. This is the second time now that this has happened (and the 2nd day in a row). This is not good.
Tonight this happened when the ball was stuck, sitting balanced above the right slingshot. The machine started looking for the missing ball. A small nudge caused the "hey watch it" tilt warning audio and then the dmd went black. Then the whole machine restarted. I don't see any errors or tech alerts in the menu.
I'm gonna have to call Stern tomorrow about this.

Have any of you seen this?

Junky

#2612 7 years ago

Reseat your connections under the playfield.....should fix that.

#2613 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Wow. Unfortunately tonight I saw my GB Prem shutdown and restart in the middle of a game again. This is the second time now that this has happened (and the 2nd day in a row). This is not good.
Tonight this happened when the ball was stuck, sitting balanced above the right slingshot. The machine started looking for the missing ball. A small nudge caused the "hey watch it" tilt warning audio and then the dmd went black. Then the whole machine restarted. I don't see any errors or tech alerts in the menu.
I'm gonna have to call Stern tomorrow about this.
Have any of you seen this?

Possibly an overly sensitive slam-tilt switch?

#2614 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Reseat your connections under the playfield.....should fix that.

Thanks. I will try that

#2615 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Possibly an overly sensitive slam-tilt switch?

Thanks. No. It's not tilting. It's shutting down. Black dmd, then the words "restarting"

#2616 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Until we can document true node boards failures completely unrelated to adding lighting or plugging in the wrong item in the wrong socket etc, I don't feel its fair to say Stern is making a bad node boards. My node boards are all working fine since Oct 2016. I'm sure there have been some failures and from what I've seen, Stern has replaced the node boards quickly when that happened. If its a real problem, maybe we need a thread documenting node boards failures.

Agreed. Had my game since November. No node failures. My friend has had his since October, no node failures. Our local arcade has GOT, GB, and Batman '66. No node failures.

His (arcade owner) Big Lewboski, however, has had all kids of board problems.

#2617 7 years ago

I recently bought a ghostbusters pro. I added mods and wanted to share some pictures.

IMG_4212 (resized).JPGIMG_4212 (resized).JPG

IMG_4213 (resized).JPGIMG_4213 (resized).JPG

IMG_4214 (resized).JPGIMG_4214 (resized).JPG

IMG_4215 (resized).JPGIMG_4215 (resized).JPG

IMG_4216 (resized).JPGIMG_4216 (resized).JPG

IMG_4217 (resized).JPGIMG_4217 (resized).JPG

IMG_4218 (resized).JPGIMG_4218 (resized).JPG

IMG_4220 (resized).JPGIMG_4220 (resized).JPG

IMG_4221 (resized).JPGIMG_4221 (resized).JPG

IMG_4222 (resized).JPGIMG_4222 (resized).JPG

IMG_4223 (resized).JPGIMG_4223 (resized).JPG

IMG_4227 (resized).JPGIMG_4227 (resized).JPG

#2618 7 years ago

Thanks. I will try that

That shaker is so damn intense, this is what im thinking. something has to be loose.

#2619 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

That shaker is so damn intense, this is what im thinking. something has to be loose.

I put mine on medium setting because it was shaking the machine way too much on maximum. It's perfect now.

#2620 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I put mine on medium setting because it was shaking the machine way too much on maximum. It's perfect now.

Yes. If you feel the shaker is too much. You want to make a manual adjustment. Both weights are currently set the same. So set one 90 degrees out if phase with the other. Result 50% reduction in intensity.
The menu adjust only controls frequency and duration, but not intensity.

#2621 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Yes. If you feel the shaker is too much. You want to make a manual adjustment. Both weights are currently set the same. So set one 90 degrees out if phase with the other. Result 50% reduction in intensity.
The menu adjust only controls frequency and duration, but not intensity.

Im sure you are correct but my first reaction was to change the settings in the menu and it worked and it feels perfect now so that is an easier fix than making a manual adjustment. Everyone may not get the same result as I did but its worth a try imo.

#2622 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackpin:

I recently bought a ghostbusters pro. I added mods and wanted to share some pictures.

I hope you are happy with it. For me this is way to much....sorry.

#2623 7 years ago

Has anyone made any custom code? I do enjoy sterns code but would like more movie speech.

#2624 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im sure you are correct but my first reaction was to change the settings in the menu and it worked and it feels perfect now so that is an easier fix than making a manual adjustment. Everyone may not get the same result as I did but its worth a try imo.

Oh yes. For sure. Its a good idea to set in software 1st to minimum or medium to see if you're happy with it.
If not, make the manual adjustment.

#2625 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

That shaker is so damn intense, this is what I'm thinking. something has to be loose.

The Shaker is intense. I have mine set at minimum, then like many folks, I finally adjusted it manually. I could not bare to use it at the factory position.

#2626 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

The Shaker is intense. I have mine set at minimum, then like many folks, I finally adjusted it manually. I could not bare to use it at the factory position.

How do you adjust it?

#2627 7 years ago

Thanks. No. It's not tilting. It's shutting down. Black dmd, then the words "restarting"

Slam tilt and regular tilt are not the same thing or same mechanisms. Never did a slam tilt on a Stern but with some games it will shut it down, lights out, reset the game and you lose your credit.

#2628 7 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

How do you adjust it?

Everyone is saying "Don't ask him that, He'll go through it all again!"
Ok so take your shaker out.

Loosen one weight .
Its going to be hard to loosen.
You need a 3/32 allen wrench. See photo or.. grab a right-angel-Allen with vice-grip and unscrew.
At the start both weights are set the same. Set one 90 degrees out of phase with the other.
Lock it down. (Stern glues the screw in)
adjust shaker motor (resized).jpgadjust shaker motor (resized).jpg

#2629 7 years ago

Any new code update rumors?

#2630 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Yea mine arrives Tuesday, I am going to try changing the settings first and if needed, do the manual adjustment. I have played junky's GB premium and while I like the shaker, its just a little bit too much for my particular taste. But that is the great thing about adjustments, everyone can dial it in to their liking.

#2631 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackpin:

Has anyone made any custom code? I do enjoy sterns code but would like more movie speech.

I downloaded the game image and loaded it up in pinball browser (just for the heck of it) I would be curious to tweak some of the sounds/music. More curious to see if they put another update out anytime soon.

#2632 7 years ago

I just had a huge game going. On my last ball I completed Stay Puft and started wcws, took that into PKE and I think there was a SFMB in there as well. I was rocking it and then MH started and shortly after that everything drained - it killed my game. They really need to make the sound more prominent with the flipper switch and I think more importantly, give a better call out BEFORE it starts.

Anyway, finished with 4.8b with 720m help bonus on last ball. Too bad I couldn't hit the multiplers.

#2633 7 years ago

I'm going to finally order a Ghostbusters Premium. Game looks very cool and it appears that a good number of issues, especially playfield related, have been worked out.

Also, a friend of mine messaged Stern on Facebook the other day and asked if any more code updates for Ghostbusters are coming. They said "yes!".

#2634 7 years ago

PanzerFreak you are not going to be sorry I promise you. You are getting the coolest damn pinball machine that you have ever played imo. Congrats man, that's awesome! Get Art to send you a air ball protector and lane guide protectors or sling protectors (whatever he calls them) like right now and hopefully you will get them before you get your game. They are very professional looking and they look like they are factory.

#2635 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

PanzerFreak you are not going to be sorry I promise you. You are getting the coolest damn pinball machine that you have ever played imo. Congrats man, that's awesome! Get Art to send you a air ball protector and lane guide protectors or sling protectors (whatever he calls them) like right now and hopefully you will get them before you get your game. They are very professional looking and they look like they are factory.

Thanks for the tips, will do!

#2636 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackpin:

Thanks for sharing glad you enjoy your game. I love mine. One of the best on the market.

#2637 7 years ago

I think one of my lock switches in the left captive ball area is dead. Haven't dug in yet because I need to remove the top plastics to get to them. Wanted to confirm what normal operation is.

The way I understand it is that once you move all the balls to the top section of the captive ball area, you get awarded whatever was lit, ie lock, multipliers.

Is that correct?

Or once you move the balls do you have to hit something else?

Currently that doesn't happen on my pin. The only way I seem to get the lock or multipliers lit is through the pops awards.

I think one of the switches is dead and it just doesn't know all the balls are up there.

When I got the pin, I had a tech alert saying to check lock 1. It was disabled in the menu. I put it back in service and nothing changed.

#2638 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I think one of my lock switches in the left captive ball area is dead. Haven't dug in yet because I need to remove the top plastics to get to them.

You should be able to check all those switches even without taking off the plastics. Just put the game in switch test and then nail the captive ball with a pinball. As each ball rolls up into the lock area, you should see the corresponding switches register.

Quoted from ectobar:

The way I understand it is that once you move all the balls to the top section of the captive ball area, you get awarded whatever was lit, ie lock, multipliers. Is that correct?

Yes. As soon as the first ball moves to the top section, a timer starts. If you can lock all three balls before the timer runs out, you are supposed to be awarded everything that is lit. I think there may be some bugs with the awards in the code, but I'm not sure. Obviously, if it times out before you can lock all three balls, all the balls will be dumped back into their original positions.

#2639 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes. As soon as the first ball moves to the top section, a timer starts. If you can lock all three balls before the timer runs out, you are supposed to be awarded everything that is lit. I think there may be some bugs with the awards in the code, but I'm not sure. Obviously, if it times out before you can lock all three balls, all the balls will be dumped back into their original positions.

I wasn't aware of a timer. I thought I could always light SF with on getting 2 balls around and multipliers with 3. I asked about how this works a few weeks ago but no one responded.

#2640 7 years ago

Dumb question time: Do you you guys add any kind of extra protection behind the legs or is what looks to be already attached to the cab sufficient?

#2641 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You should be able to check all those switches even without taking off the plastics. Just put the game in switch test and then nail the captive ball with a pinball.

Excellent recommendation. Should have thought of that.

Did just that and confirmed Lock 1 switch wasn't activating.
Then I manually activated the switch from under the playfield and it registered.
Took the switch out and gave the arm a little bend and now I'm good to go.

I've only had the game for about a week and it always seemed just a little off. You get light lock from the pops enough that I was still regularly getting to SFMB and didn't really know what was going on.

Now that I can actively go after those playfield multipliers, my high scores are going down.

#2642 7 years ago

How many of you guys have ordered the topper? I'm trying to save up and justify buying one to myself. It's gonna happen but man $500 is so much money for a dang topper!

#2643 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

How many of you guys have ordered the topper? I'm trying to save up and justify buying one to myself. It's gonna happen but man $500 is so much money for a dang topper!

I've asked this question before too. But it's strange how no one wants to talk about it.
You know people buy them. There is a bunch posted on youtube. I think it comes down to this. If 400 to 500 for a topper feels overwhelming then maybe it's not the best buy for you. Fact is all Stern Toppers are expensive.
So you want to justify the stern ghost busters topper? Look at previous toppers. Most copy a toy on the play field ( TWD, GOT ) but GB topper is unique in that the topper has unique code that does not copy anything on the playfield. What we need is more code supporting the GB topper. Currently it goes off when the Ecto 1 is on the DMD and that's all I've seen so far.

#2644 7 years ago

I have the topper, bought it when I got the game. I'd love to see it activate more often, but it's a neat effect with a lot going on. It currently lights up when the ecto 1 is on screen during modes etc. I'm hopeful future code may utilize it more, but who knows.

Is it worth $500 or something you "need"? I don't "need" any of this stuff, but I like interesting toppers and it's interesting to me.

#2645 7 years ago

Yesterday right in the middle of a 2 player game my machine did a complete shutdown and restart. This is the first time I've seen this. Anyone else have this happen? If it's already mentioned somewhere I haven't seen it.

This did happen to me right after I adjusted the flippers. Turned out that I had knocked up molex connector off of the NODE near the left flipper solenoid. The game kinda of played for a sec and then rebooted. Thought my life was over but found the molex had fallen off. No more old days when you pulled connectors to troubleshoot. Pulling one now puts the SPIKE system in a tail spin.

#2646 7 years ago

I can't say much for the topper and can't agree with the price tag but I did receive and install a B66 topper and can say that's it's "built well". The bottom base is fairly thick metal. Easy and secure install. More wires than I expected to see (assuming the topper is more than a two trick pony).

For now, I'm making my own topper but need to learn about the connections supplied b Stern. Anyone have the topper schematic drawings?

#2647 7 years ago

I just bought a premium from a distributor and they are going to ship it tomorrow.
after seeing all this stuff about ghosting inserts it starting to make me second guess the purchase.

is this something that has been fixed? or am I taking a gamble?
is there a certain date that stern started making them right?
if so I'll probably go with dialed in or something.

#2648 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I just bought a premium from a distributor and they are going to ship it tomorrow.
after seeing all this stuff about ghosting inserts it starting to make me second guess the purchase.
is this something that has been fixed? or am I taking a gamble?
is there a certain date that stern started making them right?
if so I'll probably go with dialed in or something.

I'm also ordering a GB Premium and have waited a year to do so because of the playfield issues. For several months now there has been steady reports of playfields with no issues. I now feel comfortable purchasing the game. Still, I'm now reading that some people are having issues with the one way gate on the left orbit of the game?

Also, as others have said purchase Arts airball protector plastic.

#2649 7 years ago

Since everybody has their own priorities, only you can answer the question as to whether or not the topper is worth the money. I personally would never spend that much on one. I'd rather apply that money towards something like a ColorDMD or PDI glass. The only Stern topper I have is on my GoT LE because the game came with it. I do think it's cool, but you can buy a lot of other stuff with $500.

#2650 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Since everybody has their own priorities, only you can answer the question as to whether or not the topper is worth the money. I personally would never spend that much on one. I'd rather apply that money towards something like a ColorDMD or PDI glass. The only Stern topper I have is on my GoT LE because the game came with it. I do think it's cool, but you can buy a lot of other stuff with $500.

Is there a colorDMD for GB? The only one I saw on you tube was 1 color(green).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

15,699 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.