B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 250.
#2551 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

yes cross your arms put right hand on left flipper and left hand on right flipper buttons. and go to town!

Hahaha. i had no idea. Once i drained in about 5 seconds, they were fine

#2552 7 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Just got mass hysteria for the first time. Is it normal for the flippers to act strange during that mode?

Lol....this just gave me a good chuckle!

It sure doesn't seem normal does it?

#2553 7 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Hahaha. i had no idea. Once i drained in about 5 seconds, they were fine

did you get midnight madness yet? ( if not adjust your time so midnight is at a time that you usually play. i have mine set that 10:00pm is midnight so if i have guests over they get the experience!) enjoy!

#2554 7 years ago

I am building a hardware fix for those reversed flippers during mass hysteria. It will automatically set the flippers to operate correctly during the programmed mass hysteria reversal.

My biggest pet peeve on the game. It'll be gone soon. I'm on it.

#2555 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I am building a hardware fix for those reversed flippers during mass hysteria. It will automatically set the flippers to operate correctly during the programmed mass hysteria reversal.
My biggest pet peeve on the game. It'll be gone soon. I'm on it.

Then they would be operating "incorrectly", because that's how the mode is designed.

#2556 7 years ago

Yup I fried U14 on the node board inside the cab by the coin door. Am I stupid or what.

IMGA0043 (resized).JPGIMGA0043 (resized).JPG

#2557 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup I fried U14 on the node board inside the cab by the coin door. Am I stupid or what.

Looks like a switch mode power supply IC. If you can read the part number on the top of it, you can order one from Digikey for a couple bucks. Who knows what else got damaged. Damage isn't always visible. Might be worth a shot, though.

#2558 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ouch, Paul!

#2559 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Looks like a switch mode power supply IC. If you can read the part number on the top of it, you can order one from Digikey for a couple bucks. Who knows what else got damaged. Damage isn't always visible. Might be worth a shot, though.

replacing that part would be such a PITA though

#2560 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

replacing that part would be such a PITA though

Surface mount is actually pretty easy. I prefer it much more than through hole. That part is an SOIC, so it's not too small. Surface mount pads usually don't have a lot of thermal mass, so the IC pins lift with very little heat.

When putting the part back on, add some flux, line up the part, then solder one of the corner pins. The others just need a little heat, and you're good to go.

#2561 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Then they would be operating "incorrectly", because that's how the mode is designed.

Yep, incorrect is good for this feature. Stern should have given us an option to turn it off. And if some future upgrade gives it to us, then it will no longer be incorrect.

But I'm impatient, and can't wait.

#2562 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

That's waaaaay beyond what I can do and like you said who knows what else got damaged. Thanks though. Melissa at CT is looking into it.

#2563 7 years ago

just replaced the 3 red LEDs on the back of the playfield with purple, and the stacked books red captive ball light with green. Game looks so much better. more 'night time-y'. Pics don't do it justice. Try it out.

gbP (resized).jpggbP (resized).jpg

#2564 7 years ago

Premium on the way from Flipper Fidelity!

#2565 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

just replaced the 3 red LEDs on the back of the playfield with purple, and the stacked books red captive ball light with green. Game looks so much better. more 'night time-y'. Pics don't do it justice. Try it out.

try red or blue in place of the two white bulbs.

#2566 7 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of the stern rails from PBL installed on a pro? I couldn't find a good place to attach them to the PF. Also, the screws appeared to give about 1/8 of an inch of clearence before poping through the other side of the play field.

#2567 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Does anyone have a picture of the stern rails from PBL installed on a pro? I couldn't find a good place to attach them to the PF. Also, the screws appeared to give about 1/8 of an inch of clearence before poping through the other side of the play field.

PBL side rails GB (resized).jpegPBL side rails GB (resized).jpeg

#2568 7 years ago

I think he means the playfield support rails. Btw, nice baby pac. Great game.

#2569 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. My bad.

#2570 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

There are 2 nutserts in front of holes for the stock pegs. I removed the pegs and used those for the front then just used available open space for the back screws. Actuall I can't remember if the nutserts were there or if I put them there.

#2571 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes it is... but not its not mine. That was a pic from another pinside member I saved a while back.

So the under PF glide rails....
I've seen those installed. I think PBL has a shot.. Here ya go...
glides (resized).jpgglides (resized).jpg

#2572 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Yes it is... but not its not mine. That was a pic from another pinside member I saved a while back.
So the under PF glide rails....
I've seen those installed. I think PBL has a shot.. Here ya go...

Thanks. I was hoping to have a picture from underneath from someone who installed it on a GB. I didn't really find a clear spot for either rail to screw in (when using the predrilled hole next to the pegs.

#2573 7 years ago

Getting a node board runtime update failure on a GB pro. Can someone look at the solenoid driver node board located under the playfield near the trough? I believe with the game on and running I should see a flickering yellow and green LED and a steady red LED. I only have a steady red LED.

#2574 7 years ago

Here's the left side front. The big hole in the middle of the first shot is the peg hole. The right side is the same.

IMGA0044 (resized).JPGIMGA0044 (resized).JPG

IMGA0045 (resized).JPGIMGA0045 (resized).JPG

#2575 7 years ago

Do you mean this board?

IMGA0041 (resized).JPGIMGA0041 (resized).JPG

IMGA0046 (resized).JPGIMGA0046 (resized).JPG

Or this one.

IMGA0044 (resized).JPGIMGA0044 (resized).JPG

#2576 7 years ago

I'm in the club!

IMG_20170328_000216807 (resized).jpgIMG_20170328_000216807 (resized).jpg

#2577 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I'm in the club!

Congrats! You made a good choice!

#2578 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's the left side front. The big hole in the middle of the first shot is the peg hole. The right side is the same.

Where did you find space for the other ends?

#2579 7 years ago

When the playfield is flipped up against the backbox, the one located at the extreme upper left. I believe it's the third one of your pictures as it only has one RJ45 cable plugged into it. With the game on and running (coin door closed) I believe there should be a red, green and yellow LEDs lit. Thanks.

#2580 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Where did you find space for the other ends?

Just match up the front holes and you see where to put the back screws.

#2581 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

When the playfield is flipped up against the backbox, the one located at the extreme upper left. I believe it's the third one of your pictures as it only has one RJ45 cable plugged into it. With the game on and running (coin door closed) I believe there should be a red, green and yellow LEDs lit. Thanks.

My game is down so I can't check those lights. I need a new board that's in the first 2 pictures. Do the 2 leds on that board light for you?

#2582 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My game is down so I can't check those lights. I need a new board that's in the first 2 pictures. Do the 2 leds on that board light for you?

Only the red one labeled 48V. There should be a green 6V and a yellow comm light, both of those don't light.

IMG_20170327_191826 (resized).jpgIMG_20170327_191826 (resized).jpg

#2583 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I have the Slimer shooter from Pinball Customs. It's awesome, but a word or warning: Brock does great work, but he is slooooooow when it comes to fulfilling orders. Mine took about 5 months to receive from the time I ordered it.

What's your dog doing in the background.

#2584 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Only the red one labeled 48V. There should be a green 6V and a yellow comm light, both of those don't light.

What about the other board?

#2585 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What about the other board?

All fine. I'm heading out to run diagnostics on it and try different ethernet cables.

#2586 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just match up the front holes and you see where to put the back screws.

There is no room. Always on top of something or major tension butted up against something. If they were 2 inches shorter it would fit.

IMG_2625 (resized).JPGIMG_2625 (resized).JPG

IMG_2626 (resized).JPGIMG_2626 (resized).JPG

IMG_2627 (resized).JPGIMG_2627 (resized).JPG

#2587 7 years ago

Left side.
IMGA0047 (resized).JPGIMGA0047 (resized).JPG

Right side.
IMGA0048 (resized).JPGIMGA0048 (resized).JPG

Just bend the left side back a little bit. Mine works perfect.

#2588 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Left side.

Right side.

Just bend the left side back a little bit. Mine works perfect.

That's a lot of torque on 2 tiny screws. I'll take another look. Thanks

#2589 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

just screw it up!

#2590 7 years ago

Alright you crazy LED freaks, check out this new custom lighting option for all pinball machines.

http://pinstadium.com

#2591 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

No it's not, the pf doesn't weigh 200lbs ya know. They handle it just fine. I've had mine on for almost a tear and used a lot and they are still as solid as the day I put them on.

#2592 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Alright you crazy LED freaks, check out this new custom lighting option for all pinball machines.
http://pinstadium.com

Looks interesting.

#2593 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks interesting.

The always on portion is half warm or cool white, half full spectrum led that can be changed at any point via your cell phone.

Flasher strip added at an option can be jumpered to multiple flashers of the game if you want. The flasher strip is limited to one color of your choice.

#2594 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No it's not, the pf doesn't weigh 200lbs ya know. They handle it just fine. I've had mine on for almost a tear and used a lot and they are still as solid as the day I put them on.

I meant torque on the screws due to bending the support rail. Is it possible that our pf's top and bottom are not identical.

That would explain why the air ball protector didnt fit either without some adjustments.

#2595 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I'm in the club!

Love the KNVB blanket. Hup Holland!

#2596 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I meant torque on the screws due to bending the support rail. Is it possible that our pf's top and bottom are not identical.

I know what you meant and it's not a problem, your over thinking this. I don't see why they aren't the same.

#2597 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

These are my opinions.
I believe the second issue you're describing may be due to the ball floating over the rollover switch in the orbit without actually activating it. I think the electric gate may only open after the rollover switch is activated. This may explain why some plunges and orbit shots go around above the lanes, and some hit the closed gate and go into the lanes.
My other theory is that the electric gate randomly opens with some plunges/orbit shots. I asked Chas at Stern about this and he didn't know.
Junky

I was wrong. After further investigation I can see that the electric gate opens after a plunge BEFORE the ball reaches the rollover switch in the orbit. The variance must be with coding then. However, I can't tell when the gate opens (or doesn't?) in a hard orbit shot from the flipper. Is it supposed to open every time for the orbit shot? Is it supposed to open when the ball rolls over the switch?

#2598 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I was wrong. After further investigation I can see that the electric gate opens after a plunge BEFORE the ball reaches the rollover switch in the orbit. The variance must be with coding then. However, I can't tell when the gate opens (or doesn't?) in a hard orbit shot from the flipper. Is it supposed to open every time for the orbit shot? Is it supposed to open when the ball rolls over the switch?

Based on my slow motion filming, the gate opens when the switch following the ecto-goggles just hits.
(pros its right there after the shooter lane exit) -

The ball rolls over the wire pressing the switch, hopefully right away before the ball completely presses the wire actuator down.
Does it do it every single time? Depends on code and where you are in the game, and which direction the ball is flowing.
* If you do a manual full plunge , the gate should open every time.
* If you do a left flip up to the right-to-left orbit and it goes through and lands on the left flipper, It should repeat again and again.
* Auto Plunge (ball save) I don't think this will ever let the ball past the gate. The ball should be blocked and fall to the pops.

#2599 7 years ago

I'm seeing a lot of node board failure. This is disappointing for a game hardly 1 year old. Is there a pattern developing with specific boards going, or does it seem random? And what is the cause of these board failures?

I've had my GBLE going strong so far, but it's discouraging to keep reading about node board failures.

*knocks on wood*

#2600 7 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

I'm seeing a lot of node board failure. This is disappointing for a game hardly 1 year old. Is there a pattern developing with specific boards going, or does it seem random? And what is the cause of these board failures?
I've had my GBLE going strong so far, but it's discouraging to keep reading about node board failures.
*knocks on wood*

I caused mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/52?hl=gunnder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.