IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 249.
#2501 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No you don't want to wax it, have you watched any of those factory tour videos? They polish the hell out of them at the factory.

Agreed. Don't wax.

#2502 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No you don't want to wax it, have you watched any of those factory tour videos? They polish the hell out of them at the factory.

Yeah, I know some people do it, but I see no reason to wax a brand new game. The most important thing is to get an airball deflector installed ASAP. I'd also recommend cliffys for the shooter lane and drain hole.

#2503 7 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

NIB Ghostbusters Pro
What to do for initial setup? Wax? Playfield protector? All thoughts appreciated!

I put mine together and play it about 400-500 games before I clean it and wax it.

#2504 7 years ago

My GB Premium didn't come with a manual but I did download the one available at Stern's website. It seems to be missing all the drawings which I'm use to seeing (and using) for the electrical and electronics (schematics).

Anyone know where I can get the GB Prem schematics?

#2505 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

My GB Premium didn't come with a manual but I did download the one available at Stern's website. It seems to be missing all the drawings which I'm use to seeing (and using) for the electrical and electronics (schematics).
Anyone know where I can get the GB Prem schematics?

Stern doesn't do schematics anymore. It's BS.

#2506 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah, I know some people do it, but I see no reason to wax a brand new game. The most important thing is to get an airball deflector installed ASAP. I'd also recommend cliffys for the shooter lane and drain hole.

These are the 2 most important cliffys everyone should have.

#2507 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

So I've been trying to figure out why my right orbit and ball plunge is not smooth. Upon closer inspection I noticed the metal flap is sticking out under the orbit wall.
Is that how everyone's pin is? Doesn't seem right.

That's how mine is. I don't believe the ball makes contact with it though.
Bending up the corner of the bracket on the metal gate seems to help quite a bit up there. I think the ball is lofting from the playfield both when plunged hard and when shot into the right orbit from a strong left flipper shot. The ball was striking that gate frame consistently on my machine. Poor design IMO.

Junky

#2508 7 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

That's how mine is. I don't believe the ball makes contact with it though.
Bending up the corner of the bracket on the metal gate seems to help quite a bit up there. I think the ball is lofting from the playfield both when plunged hard and when shot into the right orbit from a strong left flipper shot. The ball was striking that gate frame consistently on my machine. Poor design IMO.
Junky

I assume you took it off and bent it? What did you use to bend it?

#2509 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I assume you took it off and bent it? What did you use to bend it?

Actually removing it is a huge pain in the ass. I couldn't figure out an easy way to get it out without removing multiple things including the metal rail that borders the orbit. So instead I removed stay puft and was able to very carefully bend the corner of the gate frame with a pair of pliers while it was in place.

20170324_113216.jpg20170324_113216.jpg

#2510 7 years ago

Definitely wax. The moment after you wax is the moment your ball starts digging into a wax coat and not into the clear coat .

#2511 7 years ago

How do I swap out the orange shooter spring for a green one? Doesn't seem like the black tip comes off.

#2512 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How do I swap out the orange shooter spring for a green one? Doesn't seem like the black tip comes off.

The black tip will come off, keep at it.

#2513 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Yup. I thought the same thing. But it came off and once its off it was pretty easy to take on and off again.
Take the entire shooter mech out if you have not done so already.
Lift the playfield > remove the screws from the inside holding the shooter mech in.
Grab hold of the rubber tip with your paw and twist & pull.
Its like a vacuum inside so just keep turning and pulling. It will come off.
No need to resort to tools for removing the tip.

#2514 7 years ago

Actually removing it is a huge pain in the ass. I couldn't figure out an easy way to get it out without removing multiple things including the metal rail that borders the orbit. So instead I removed stay puft and was able to very carefully bend the corner of the gate frame with a pair of pliers while it was in place.

I wonder if Stern moved this gate forward when mounting.
I have not had this issue on my Sept 2016 build Premium.
Check out my video of the ball moving through this gate.

#2515 7 years ago

I just beat my highest score by a landslide.

8,636,972,320!

I had 6x playfield multipliers with a pretty long mass hysteria multi-ball.
3 ball game
All defaults

I'm super stoked!

Junky

20170324_155252 (resized).jpg20170324_155252 (resized).jpg

#2516 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I wonder if Stern moved this gate forward when mounting.
I have not had this issue on my Sept 2016 build Premium.
Check out my video of the ball moving through this gate.
» YouTube video

My pro playfield is dated Nov 2016. The issue seems to be getting worse unless I am just more aware of it now. Happens maybe 2 out of 5 shots. Sometimes it gets through the first gate but not the second gate and sometimes it shots back the lane. The plunge isn't always clean either. Very frustrating.

I really need someone to play while I film.

Btw, has anyone seen the extra ball message at 49 ghosts instead of 50? I've seen that the last 2 nights.

#2517 7 years ago

8,636,972,320!
3 ball game
All defaults
I'm super stoked!
Junky

Very nice. Feels good doesn't it? I had the 6x with 3 stacks when I got my high score last week. Haven't come close since.

I haven't figured out what the sound is yet for reversing the flippers.

#2518 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks Chuck, I sent them an email. If I don't hear back in a few days I'll give them a call.

Did you check the fuse on the node board?

Rob

#2519 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

No fuse on my board, it was one of the first off the line back in April of last year. I did see the new replacement boards had fuses though.

#2520 7 years ago

8,636,972,320!
3 ball game
All defaults
I'm super stoked!
Junky

nice of course
but ALL DEFAULTS is not good if you're a good player already
its too easy with the mode (timer) being completed even if you just keep the ball on a flipper and wait for the timer to reach 0... this have to be change for sure

#2521 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No fuse on my board, it was one of the first off the line back in April of last year. I did see the new replacement boards had fuses though

Quoted from Rob_G:

pics somewhere ?

well, than i'm not crazy, as for what i remember, didnt found fuse on my 1st GB (also very first runs)
will check asap my 2nd one...

#2522 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

nice of course
its too easy with the mode (timer) being completed even if you just keep the ball on a flipper and wait for the timer to reach 0... this have to be change for sure

Pretty sure you cannot time out modes. Dwight doesn't allow it. Haha. Mode timers pause after a few seconds of no switch hits. No idea why someone would time out the modes in GB anyway. That's where all the points are.

#2523 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No fuse on my board, it was one of the first off the line back in April of last year. I did see the new replacement boards had fuses though.

No Fuse on my Sept. 2016 machine.
So I went to Marco to check the boards. This is strange. Does anyone have a ghostbusters with a fuse on the cab board?
Check these photos and note the text. The fuse board does not list ghostbusters as compatible and these boards look different.
The model # are not at all the same... Maybe there is a new (3rd) cab node from stern that I have not seen.
If you have a fuse on your GB cab node, please post a picture of it. Thanks.
cab-node-fuse (resized).pngcab-node-fuse (resized).png
cab-node-1 (resized).pngcab-node-1 (resized).png

#2524 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

No Fuse on my Sept. 2016 machine.
So I went to Marco to check the boards. This is strange. Does anyone have a ghostbusters with a fuse on the cab board?
Check these photos and note the text. The fuse board does not list ghostbusters as compatible and these boards look different.
The model # are not at all the same... Maybe there is a new (3rd) cab node from stern that I have not seen.
If you have a fuse on your GB cab node, please post a picture of it. Thanks.

Yeah I don't get it either. It would make sense to put a fuse on it to protect it thou.

#2525 7 years ago

Fuses can be a problem as they can open during an unusual spike that might happen when there's a lot going on, where the spike would normally kill the fuse and possibly cause damage to the power components.

Then the game is dead and you're in a boxing match with Stern. Plus, there are some owners who have no idea how to find, much less replace a fuse.

It would make much more sense to put a current limiter on the board that can shut the circuitry down temporarily during the high demand short term spike, then resume afterwards. Since a coil driver is subject to failure under a heat vs. time curve, a spike can sometimes be tolerated if it's short enough to minimize meltdown.

#2526 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Fuses can be a problem as they can open during an unusual spike that might happen when there's a lot going on, where the spike would normally kill the fuse and possibly cause damage to the power components.
Then the game is dead and you're in a boxing match with Stern. Plus, there are some owners who have no idea how to find, much less replace a fuse.
It would make much more sense to put a current limiter on the board that can shut the circuitry down temporarily during the high demand short term spike, then resume afterwards. Since a coil driver is subject to failure under a heat vs. time curve, a spike can sometimes be tolerated if it's short enough to minimize meltdown.

Interesting. Thanks.

#2527 7 years ago

I just performed the same fix with great effect. To remove the stop, I lifted the playfield and carefully removed the backboard. Removing the stop was easy after this. Using pliers, I bent the edge upward and also used a hobby file to remove the edge burrs.

Ball stops during auto plunge are all but eliminated. Thanks for the great idea!

#2528 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Great info Ramegoom. Yes. If Stern is using an auto reset-able protection circuit, its a better idea for them and users.
It also makes more sense that the fused bd is listed as Kiss and GOT but not Ghostbusters. I assume the older fused board is improved by the newer non-fused bd. Both are spike games but GB is much newer so logic follows its the more advanced version.

#2529 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Agreed. I never know when they switch. Hopefully, they add a louder more noticeable sound in an update.

#2530 7 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I just performed the same fix with great effect. To remove the stop, I lifted the playfield and carefully removed the backboard. Removing the stop was easy after this. Using pliers, I bent the edge upward and also used a hobby file to remove the edge burrs.
Ball stops during auto plunge are all but eliminated. Thanks for the great idea!

I'm glad this worked for you. It has definitely helped with my machine. I didn't think about removing the backboard.
I can't take credit for this though. It wasn't my idea. Another pinside member posted this fix a while back. I don't remember who it was.

Junky

#2531 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Very nice. Feels good doesn't it? I had the 6x with 3 stacks when I got my high score last week. Haven't come close since.

Thank you.

I can hear the sound that is made when the flippers are switched. Maybe it's because I like to play with the volume pretty high (usually 10).

Junky

#2532 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

nice of course

I never said I was a good player. I just had one really good game. In my opinion I don't think this game is too easy either. I get SO MANY center drains it's crazy. One of the reasons I am loving this game so much is because it's difficult though.

Junky

#2533 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

My pro playfield is dated Nov 2016. The issue seems to be getting worse unless I am just more aware of it now. Happens maybe 2 out of 5 shots. Sometimes it gets through the first gate but not the second gate and sometimes it shots back the lane. The plunge isn't always clean either. Very frustrating.
I really need someone to play while I film.
Btw, has anyone seen the extra ball message at 49 ghosts instead of 50? I've seen that the last 2 nights.

These are my opinions.

The ball not making it through the first gate is because it's hitting the corner of the frame as I described earlier. Before I bent the corner this happened A LOT on my machine.

I believe the second issue you're describing may be due to the ball floating over the rollover switch in the orbit without actually activating it. I think the electric gate may only open after the rollover switch is activated. This may explain why some plunges and orbit shots go around above the lanes, and some hit the closed gate and go into the lanes.
My other theory is that the electric gate randomly opens with some plunges/orbit shots. I asked Chas at Stern about this and he didn't know.

Junky

#2534 7 years ago

These are my opinions.
The ball not making it through the first gate is because it's hitting the corner of the frame as I described earlier. Before I bent the corner this happened A LOT on my machine.
I believe the second issue you're describing may be due to the ball floating over the rollover switch in the orbit without actually activating it. I think the electric gate may only open after the rollover switch is activated. This may explain why some plunges and orbit shots go around above the lanes, and some hit the closed gate and go into the lanes.
My other theory is that the electric gate randomly opens with some plunges/orbit shots. I asked Chas at Stern about this and he didn't know.
Junky

The switch does make the gate open, but I believe there is a level of code as well.
The switch is made and then if the computer says open gate then it opens.
I've filmed it and slowed it down. You can see the switch get pressed and the gate opens right at that moment.

#2535 7 years ago

I never said I was a good player. I just had one really good game. In my opinion I don't think this game is too easy either. I get SO MANY center drains it's crazy. One of the reasons I am loving this game so much is because it's difficult though.Junky

well, scoring that is not only luck, than you're a good player (and my previous com was positive of course)

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure you cannot time out modes. Dwight doesn't allow it. Haha. Mode timers pause after a few seconds of no switch hits. No idea why someone would time out the modes in GB anyway. That's where all the points are.

right, but it remains easy to just make a switch
right again about collecting points in mode, lets admit the aim in this case is to avoid playing hard/dangerous ones to reach easier the wizard...

and even not sure as long time not put my hands in the setup but i think we can bypass that chrono being stop

bah

#2536 7 years ago

These are my opinions.
Junky

Once I confirmed this is the only issue, I will try bending. I am not going to attempt to take it off though.

Had extra ball message at 51 today. Lol

Any one get center drains from the right orbit back flow? Sometimes that protective gate doesn't do its job

#2537 7 years ago

Learned my lesson today. Moved the flippers up to be less droopy and the game played terrible. Ball coming out of the Ecto lane would normally land safely on the right flipper. Now, it was bouncing off the flipper, hitting the sling, and draining. Tried the flippers a little bit lower, same thing. Went back to their stock position. and everything was fine. Lesson learned, the game was designed with the droopy flippers in mind.

#2538 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Agreed. I never know when they switch. Hopefully, they add a louder more noticeable sound in an update.

look at the play field lights. when 100 is lit mass hysteria hits. "switch those hands". you get number of ghost caught pops up on display leading up to it.

#2539 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

look at the play field lights. when 100 is lit mass hysteria hits. "switch those hands". you get number of ghost caught pops up on display leading up to it.

It doesn't stay reversed. If you listen for the sound during the multiball you will know when it switches back and forth

Junky

#2540 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Plus the call out is a little late if I'm already in the middle of a multiball.

I wish you would get more info on the instant status too.

#2541 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Learned my lesson today. Moved the flippers up to be less droopy and the game played terrible. Ball coming out of the Ecto lane would normally land safely on the right flipper. Now, it was bouncing off the flipper, hitting the sling, and draining. Tried the flippers a little bit lower, same thing. Went back to their stock position. and everything was fine. Lesson learned, the game was designed with the droopy flippers in mind.

It's all about personal preference. I love my flippers being even with the plastics and find playing much more enjoyable. I'm able to backhand the left ramp and cradle and pass much easier than when I had the flippers "droopy."
Again, whatever floats your boat and has you enjoying the game.
BTW: Bustin makes me feel good!

#2542 7 years ago

It doesn't stay reversed. If you listen for the sound during the multiball you will know when it switches back and forth
Junky

Yeah, I can't hear the specific noise. I don't know what it even sounds like. There's so much freaking happening, it's difficult to identify the sound.

#2543 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Yeah, I can't hear the specific noise. I don't know what it even sounds like. There's so much freaking happening, it's difficult to identify the sound.

It's a series of tones. Once you figure it out you'll hear it everytime.

#2544 7 years ago

I wished they used the red outlane insert lights to indicate normal vs reverse flipper mode. Right side for normal and left for reversed. Blinking for change coming.

#2545 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I wished they used the red outlane insert lights to indicate normal vs reverse flipper mode. Right side for normal and left for reversed. Blinking for change coming.

You beat me to it. Those red inserts would be the best way by far to indicate the normal and reversed flippers.

#2546 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You beat me to it. Those red inserts would be the best way by far to indicate the normal and reversed flippers.

Excellent idea!
Gamecode 1.14???

#2547 7 years ago

you're just few monthes late guys...
all this, and much more, already listed in the 1.13 (and also few numbers before) topic talks incl feedback/bug/ideas

the sound is too low, hoping Dwight make it louder
about red lights in the outlanes : the 2 are off, flippers are normal, the 2 are blinking, meaning beware, flippers are inverted

and even better : a possible set-up in the menu, about inverted flippers, with 3 choices :

- factory settings : as now, invertion going on & off
- no inversion
- full inversion : flipper are inverted during all the multiball

#2549 7 years ago

Just got mass hysteria for the first time. Is it normal for the flippers to act strange during that mode?

#2550 7 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Just got mass hysteria for the first time. Is it normal for the flippers to act strange during that mode?

yes cross your arms put right hand on left flipper and left hand on right flipper buttons. and go to town!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 12,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.