Topic Stats

• 7,867 posts
  • 649 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by WindRaidor
  • Topic is favorited by 231 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,411 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0318 (resized).jpg
IMG_0322 (resized).jpg
IMG_0321 (resized).jpg
IMG_0319 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190520_204355313 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190520_204350890 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190520_204421837 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190520_204406824 (resized).jpg
09D617A3-A4CC-4429-9C64-40305518BCF8 (resized).jpeg
BE47E1C5-C786-4E37-9640-D43510FA4427 (resized).jpeg
B3FE822D-B058-4396-9C1E-14C5A0E90C36 (resized).jpeg
20200110_093319 (resized).jpg
20200110_093249 (resized).jpg
20200101_141844183_iOS (resized).jpg
AA5C2B88-7DBD-44C5-8942-642DB155313A (resized).png
E98276E5-296B-4F64-8523-DA1F93D600FD (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7867 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 158.
#2351 2 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Just completed a 1.9 bil game finished ballroom and close to Stay puff, but tilted out... Naysayers be damned GB is freeking awesome. Soon all 3 ladders will be completed...soon...

I am feeling exactly the same way as you are right now about GB! GB Premium the funnest pinball machine that I've ever played hands down.

#2352 2 years ago

I don't know of another game that has that "one more game" vibe like Ghostbusters. Granted, this is partly because it kicks my ass so often but it's still a fantastic game. Speakers and PDI glass have been awesome mods too!

#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Just completed a 1.9 bil game finished ballroom and close to Stay puff, but tilted out... Naysayers be damned GB is freeking awesome. Soon all 3 ladders will be completed...soon...

I didn't get that far in modes but I did stack wcws with pke to mh with 6x. Didn't have much time to look up but I did see a sj for 800m and hit pke a few times which I am sure was over a billion. Finished with 12b. That was a super intense game!

Previous high game was 2.5b on my machine.

#2354 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I didn't get that far in modes but I did stack wcws with pke to mh with 6x. Didn't have much time to look up but I did see a sj for 800m and hit pke a few times which I am sure was over a billion. Finished with 12b. That was a super intense game!
Previous high game was 2.5b on my machine.

12B Wow!! - I think my pke was 300M and bonus on 2nd ball was 400m. I wasn't really focused on points, just trying to finish the modes, but I think if you can get a good ball going and then stack 2x or 3x pf you can rack up huge points fast. Bonus held, multipliers are huge as well. I need to think through a points strategy...

#2355 2 years ago

Just about 6 months with my GB Prem and hands down GREAT pin. Yes it definitely has that one more game appeal still!

8/10 games it feels like someone kicked the shit out of you but man those 2 awesome games really makes you appreciate the effort!

Those that did the speaker upgrade feel that it's worth the money? What are your favorite mods?

I have added the speaker light kits (awesome) and two terror dog models (still looking for best way to mount)

Fun times!

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

I have added the speaker light kits (awesome)

Can you post picture of speaker lights installed? I'm confused by these - are they 1 color or multiple colors?

Thanks.

#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Just about 6 months with my GB Prem and hands down GREAT pin. Yes it definitely has that one more game appeal still!
8/10 games it feels like someone kicked the shit out of you but man those 2 awesome games really makes you appreciate the effort!

19/20 for me!

#2359 2 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Those that did the speaker upgrade feel that it's worth the money? What are your favorite mods?

The Flipper Fidelity speakers are an awesome mod. The quality of the audio is very crisp and tight and sounds amazing with the upgraded speakers. Night and day. I got the 10" woofer.

#2360 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Can you post picture of speaker lights installed? I'm confused by these - are they 1 color or multiple colors?
Thanks.

It's just a metal frame that acts as a spacer for the speaker. An RGB LED strip is on the inside of the spacer.

It comes with a remote control so you can change it to any color. You can also change brightness.

#2361 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The Flipper Fidelity speakers are an awesome mod. The quality of the audio is very crisp and tight and sounds amazing with the upgraded speakers. Night and day. I got the 10" woofer.

I'm planning on doing this myself. It's only $135 at Pinball Life. The audio in the game is really good. I'm impressed with the music and sound effects. I wish I could attenuate the pop bumper sound effects a small amount, though.

I currently and running it with an external sub. The start of facility multiball is really heavy on the bass! It sounds awesome.

#2362 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm planning on doing this myself. It's only $135 at Pinball Life. The audio in the game is really good. I'm impressed with the music and sound effects. I wish I could attenuate the pop bumper sound effects a small amount, though.
I currently and running it with an external sub. The start of facility multiball is really heavy on the bass! It sounds awesome.

Yep I got mine from Pinball Life also. Good shipping rates there.

#2363 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.

I will try and get a pic tonight...I think they look great! Easy to install and are RGB with a remote so any color and pattern you like.

#2364 2 years ago

Hello- looking at possibly getting a GB Premium. Read about how to make the game more playable, but I've only seen a couple posts about installing slightly longer flippers. Any opinion on that to compensate for the center gap?

Thanks

#2365 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Hello- looking at possibly getting a GB Premium. Read about how to make the game more playable, but I've only seen a couple posts about installing slightly longer flippers. Any opinion on that to compensate for the center gap?
Thanks

I feel like criticism of the center gap is really overblown. It's not terribly noticeable. My wife, who doesn't play much, had a couple really good games on it yesterday. She thought it was a ton of fun and didn't complain about drains at all.

If you really want to modify the game to make it easier, Pinball Life offers a kit to add a center post. Marco Specialties has some longer "carrot" flippers. Both are really easy to install.

#2366 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I feel like criticism of the center gap is really overblown. It's not terribly noticeable. My wife, who doesn't play much, had a couple really good games on it yesterday. She thought it was a ton of fun and didn't complain about drains at all.

I'm guessing if you don't play a lot, the larger gap is probably less noticeable. It's the people who come into the game with some decent flipper skills that have trouble adjusting. You have to alter you technique and play more defensively on this game or it will make you pay.

#2367 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Thanks

Flipper gap is a non-issue. When that ball drops out of the pops and heads SDTM, it would pass right through the standard gap as well.

There are issues with GB. The flipper gap isn't one of them.

#2368 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm guessing if you don't play a lot, the larger gap is probably less noticeable. It's the people who come into the game with some decent flipper skills that have trouble adjusting. You have to alter you technique and play more defensively on this game or it will make you pay.

That's true.

I think it also takes a few warm up games to get used to the flipper angle, too. After playing other machines all night, then switching to GB, it takes awhile to get used to the shot and play field geometry.

#2369 2 years ago

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it. I own a WOZ, and the kids absolutely love it. I want to add a 2nd game but want to make sure it's on the easier for the kids, if possible. GB has a great theme for the family, just concerned it won't get played due to difficulty. If that can be mitigated, it's likely the right one for our house.

#2370 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it. I own a WOZ, and the kids absolutely love it. I want to add a 2nd game but want to make sure it's on the easier for the kids, if possible. GB has a great theme for the family, just concerned it won't get played due to difficulty. If that can be mitigated, it's likely the right one for our house.

GB is a very hard game. there's not much you can do to mitigate it. there will be a lot of games where a kid doesn't even get a mode started.

#2371 2 years ago

My 4 1/2 year old plays it regularly with me. His high score is 38 million. He has finished Who Brought the Dog before.

I've seen him do post passing that makes my jaw drop.

He hasn't hit Storage Facility Multi-Ball yet, but he's been close.

#2372 2 years ago

Anyone know how the NEGATIVE REINFORCEMENT works? I've read that you get 1 correct guess per 10 ghosts caught but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. I always choose the streams cause I can complete that about 7 out 10 times.

#2373 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Anyone know how the NEGATIVE REINFORCEMENT works? I've read that you get 1 correct guess per 10 ghosts caught but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. I always choose the streams cause I can complete that about 7 out 10 times.

They really need to tweak the video modes in the software. As it stands, I can't see any reason to ever choose ESP over cross the streams. Am I missing something?

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

They really need to tweak the video modes in the software. As it stands, I can't see any reason to ever choose ESP over cross the streams. Am I missing something?

Yeah, there's no reason to pick ESP Ability at this time. Maybe if they put an extra ball or some other award at certain guess levels (bonus multiplier at 3 correct, extra ball at 5, light playfield multipliers at 7, etc.).

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, there's no reason to pick ESP Ability at this time. Maybe if they put an extra ball or some other award at certain guess levels (bonus multiplier at 3 correct, extra ball at 5, light playfield multipliers at 7, etc.).

Those are excellent ideas! I hope Dwight is reading this. There needs to be some reason to justify the high risk/reward of the mode. As it stands, there isn't one. Cross the streams, on the other hand, is easy points, especially if you have the playfield multiplier(s) going.

#2376 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

well, if you've captured tons of ghosts, wouldn't ESP eventually surpass CTS? but i agree, Cross the Streams is virtually always the better choice. also, it might be the only game where going for the video mode on all three skill shots (and doing literally nothing else) nets you a fairly competitive score, haha. i mean, 150 million will win most rounds at the league i play in!

the real problem is that the scoring with the modes is so non-linear. you pretty much have to progress to at least step 3 of one of the ladders before you outscore someone who just goes for video mode on every plunge. 60 million is just too big a chunk of change in this game. beating Cross the Streams should be worth ~35 million and a random award, to put it more in line with the first or second stage of the ladders.

#2377 2 years ago

My tobins guide doesnt light up after capturing 20 ghosts??...does anybody else have this problem? I mean it is suppose to light up, correct? such a fun game, my top score is 2b but my wife has 3.1b GC on it..have owned the premium for 5 weeks.

#2378 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

My tobins guide doesnt light up after capturing 20 ghosts??...does anybody else have this problem? I mean it is suppose to light up, correct? such a fun game, my top score is 2b but my wife has 3.1b GC on it..have owned the premium for 5 weeks.

It doesn't light while your in a mode

#2379 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It doesn't light while your in a mode

thank you,I did not realize this..most times i get to 20 ghosts, im well into a mode. hmmm..must add this to my technique thanks again

#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

thank you,I did not realize this..most times i get to 20 ghosts, im well into a mode. hmmm..must add this to my technique thanks again

As soon as you exit the mode, it will be lit. You won't miss out on qualifying it, it's just not available to collect during a mode, so the insert light is off.

#2381 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

I picked up a GB premium and have a six and eight year old. They love it. The guy I bought it from had it set to five ball versus three, and that seems to help out with the increased difficulty. I'm also adding the center post upgrade tonight to see if I can lock it into my liking.

#2382 2 years ago

Thank you. Let me know how the center post goes. I'm thinking of doing same thing.

#2383 2 years ago

I disabled the tilt mechanism, and I get brutal nudging the machine. I replaced the feet with nylon feet. If I time it right, a SDTM ball can be veered to a flipper by quickly sliding the machine to one side.

The only problem is, if I go to a regular barcade and play any game, I tilt it out within maybe 10 seconds.

Might not be a good thing, what I do...

#2384 2 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I disabled the tilt mechanism, and I get brutal nudging the machine. I replaced the feet with nylon feet. If I time it right, a SDTM ball can be veered to a flipper by quickly sliding the machine to one side.
The only problem is, if I go to a regular barcade and play any game, I tilt it out within maybe 10 seconds.
Might not be a good thing, what I do...

Love it when Ernie is pissed. Heyy watch it KID!

#2385 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

GB Prem will be going right next to my WOZ when it arrives. My kids dont really care about the modes, they just want to bash the ball around and have some fun so I am not really concerned.

#2386 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

GB Prem will be going right next to my WOZ when it arrives. My kids dont really care about the modes, they just want to bash the ball around and have some fun so I am not really concerned.

WOZ and GB Is a good combo. They'll love it.

#2387 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

WOZ and GB Is a good combo. They'll love it.

indeed, indeed. just need a Black Hole and a STTNG and it'd be the perfect collection IMO ...

#2388 2 years ago

Good call, great set.
Cliff does excellent work.

Community announcement:
Did you know the "Cliffys" on your GB are not Cliffys at all?
Stern stole his designs for the VUKs on GB and the shooter lane protectors on BM66.
Boo, I say.
Down with the man!!

#2389 2 years ago

I've read that a possible new Star Wars pinball game is coming out this year. Is that true? Any insight?

#2390 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

I've read that a possible new Star Wars pinball game is coming out this year. Is that true? Any insight?

Coded by sir Dwight Sullivan and Desgined by the flow master Steve Ritchie. No idea when it will be announced.

#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Stern stole his designs for the VUKs on GB and the shooter lane protectors on BM66.

Yeah, that wasn't cool at all.

#2392 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah, that wasn't cool at all.

I was surprised they actually came with protectors, though!

#2393 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I saw these in one of the pictures a few pages ago. Do they help deter outlane drains?

Better it's the "save-post" in flexible plastic

Soon available on my Pinside shop

IMG_20170315_164538 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170315_164557 (resized).jpg

#2394 2 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Better it's the "save-post" in flexible plastic
Soon available on my Pinside shop

That's a great take on it!!!

#2395 2 years ago

your game, you can do what you want with it. i'm not criticizing, i swear. me, i like the challenge. i feel like i'm learning more about ball control than i ever have.

#2396 2 years ago

i hate when the ball hits the inner lanes dividing rail and goes in the out lane as if it was sucked in with a magnet! DRAIN.

#2397 2 years ago

Yes, the gap is too big, yes the Outlanes are too hungry.

That said, the machine has made me a MUCH better player over the past 6 months. I've probably put 2,000+ credits on my machine personally since September. I played it 'stock' out of the box until the last software update when I moved the out lane pegs in to their closest position. In previous versions of the software, the scores were a lot more wild and luck dependent. As they have tightened and balanced the rules, it was becoming more about making progress on the ladders and less about multipliers and massive random jackpots.

now that the outlanes are on 'easy' the game is a lot of fun (if not a bit brutal). I have still never gotten to "were ready to believe you". I still cannot beat the Marshmallow man. But I try every day. and I am becoming a much better player because of the challenge. This is a game where if you make a single mistake, its likely you are going to loose your ball. Whether its hitting the X2 X3 targets while trying to go up the ramp, or clipping the stacked books captive ball, once that ball is flung off in a random direction not in-line with one of the lanes, there's a pretty good chance its headed for an outlane, or down the drain at a weird angle. The scolleri brothers perfectly illustrate this, as I loose my ball 90% of the time before collecting the jackpot for sinking them. Once that ball moves in a random direction, you're toast.

This game is all about ball control, and accuracy. Its a great teacher.

#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Yes, the gap is too big, yes the Outlanes are too hungry.
That said, the machine has made me a MUCH better player over the past 6 months.

I'll second that. My scores have gone up on ALL my games after owning GB for a while.

#2399 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Thank you. Let me know how the center post goes. I'm thinking of doing same thing.

Monkeyed around with my GB Premium today. First, adjusted the flippers up slightly. Didn't like the droopy feel. I also added super bands to the flippers. Doing just these two things really helps, in my opinion. I'm able to cradle and pass so much better than I could before. There aren't any shot that are more difficult by adjusting the flippers up.

I also added the middle post. I tried to tweak it to my liking (please see pic). I'm going to continue to tinker with it. Not sure it's necessary with the flippers in the correct alignment and the super bands on the flippers.

IMG_4383 (resized).JPG

#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Good call, great set.
Cliff does excellent work.
Community announcement:
Boo, I say.
Down with the man!!

I guess Cliff couldn't find a way to patent his designs completely so Stern made their "own" version

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 7867 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 158.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside