Topic Stats

• 7,870 posts
  • 652 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Patrunkenphat7
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,411 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0318 (resized).jpg
IMG_0322 (resized).jpg
IMG_0321 (resized).jpg
IMG_0319 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190520_204355313 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190520_204350890 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190520_204421837 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190520_204406824 (resized).jpg
09D617A3-A4CC-4429-9C64-40305518BCF8 (resized).jpeg
BE47E1C5-C786-4E37-9640-D43510FA4427 (resized).jpeg
B3FE822D-B058-4396-9C1E-14C5A0E90C36 (resized).jpeg
20200110_093319 (resized).jpg
20200110_093249 (resized).jpg
20200101_141844183_iOS (resized).jpg
AA5C2B88-7DBD-44C5-8942-642DB155313A (resized).png
E98276E5-296B-4F64-8523-DA1F93D600FD (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7870 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 158.
#2301 2 years ago

Did you guys order premiums or pro's?

#2302 2 years ago

How do you prop the pf up halfway?

#2303 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How do you prop the pf up halfway?

No way from the factory. Why do you only want to prop it open only half way?

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No way from the factory. Why do you only want to prop it open only half way?

I wanted to move the left side outlane bumper. I just asked the wife to hold it up for 2mins.

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I wanted to move the left side outlane bumper. I just asked the wife to hold it up for 2mins.

I see. My Pro apron is powdercoated so when I open it all the way I put a towel at the spot it leans against the bb.

#2306 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

You did a really good job. What size C channel, and what did you use to cut it?

Pretty sure it was 1/2".

Quoted from Sinestro:

You should sell those.

I'm looking at getting some made from stamped stainless. Once I find out cost I'll see if there is any interest. If so, I'll have a run made.

#2308 2 years ago

Just so new buyers know...
The rails seen in the pinball life link are standard on Premiums.
If you ordered a Pro, you get 2 pegs which are not helpful for propping up half way and sliding it out.
The stern rails (premium) have rubber bumper/feet as well at the further extension point.
20161111_103259 (resized).jpg

#2309 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

The rails seen in the pinball life link are standard on Premiums.

and the edges are sharp as hell so be careful. I take sandpaper wrapped on a block of wood and sand them smooth.

#2310 2 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am still waiting on mine GB premium. I ordered it back in November. I keep hearing its coming soon but every week I ask, its delayed again. Now the latest is end of March. Anyone else hearing this?

That's ridiculous.
JJ can get you one A LOT faster.

#2311 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

That's ridiculous.
JJ can get you one A LOT faster.

Sorry but who is JJ ?

Google only comes up with Jersey Jack who I'm sure does not sell Ghostbusters.

It would nice to have a sticky or something of distributors who carry Stern, Heighway, JerseyJack along with reviews by actual buyers.

#2312 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and the edges are sharp as hell so be careful. I take sandpaper wrapped on a block of wood and sand them smooth.

Are you referring to the PBL rails or the Stern rails ? My stern rails seem perfectly dull..

#2313 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Sorry but who is JJ ?
Google only comes up with Jersey Jack who I'm sure does not sell Ghostbusters.
It would nice to have a sticky or something of distributors who carry Stern, Heighway, JerseyJack along with reviews by actual buyers.

JJ is at Game Exchange of Colorado. I didn't buy my GB from him, but wish I had. I had to wait 7 months for mine while JJ seemed to get his orders out within days/weeks according to posts.

#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

JJ is at Game Exchange of Colorado. I didn't buy my GB from him, but wish I had. I had to wait 7 months for mine while JJ seemed to get his orders out within days/weeks according to posts.

Great to know ! Thanks for the input.
I've heard CoinTaker is a distributor people like as well.
I have not heard anything about GameroomGuys

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Great to know ! Thanks for the input.
I've heard CoinTaker is a distributor people like as well.
I have not heard anything about GameroomGuys

I got mine from coin taker this week. They delivered and setup for free. Installers were awesome and so was the price.

We played for 5 hours last night and my buddy stumbled onto midnight madness.
No center post yet and we managed 2.5b. Definitely a blast to play!

If I need to tweak the right drop target to be flush with pf, is there 1 or 2 screws to turn and which way do I turn them?

Thanks

#2316 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Are you referring to the PBL rails or the Stern rails ? My stern rails seem perfectly dull..

Yeah PBL

#2317 2 years ago

Would you say the rails are worth the $55?

#2318 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I got mine from coin taker this week. They delivered and setup for free. Installers were awesome and so was the price.
If I need to tweak the right drop target to be flush with pf, is there 1 or 2 screws to turn and which way do I turn them?
Thanks

I did not need to adjust my scolari height but I've looked at it. Should be "screw in" to lower, "screw out" to raise. As I recall it's one center screw.

If the drop targets don't drop every time, you can adjust the tension by taking the spring off and putting it back on about 12 coils up. Being a new machine stern may be using better springs so you may not need to do it.

#2319 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

You bet they are, every penny.

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks

Premium or Pro. When did you order? Did it ship directly from stern or Coin takers?

#2321 2 years ago

I've had my premium about 2 weeks now - February 7 build date. The Scolari brothers seemed to drop perfectly at first, but after installing cliffys, direct hard hits just bounce off them. In-direct or shots hitting the edges drop them every time, so I'm thinking the cliffys require tightening the springs even on newer games since they give the targets less room to move.

#2322 2 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Premium or Pro. When did you order? Did it ship directly from stern or Coin takers?

I got the pro. I am local so I called on Monday and they delivered it on Tuesday! They had 4 in stock. It's free shipping and I believe it would ship directly from cointaker.

My PF date is nov 16.

#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I've had my premium about 2 weeks now - February 7 build date. The Scolari brothers seemed to drop perfectly at first, but after installing cliffys, direct hard hits just bounce off them. In-direct or shots hitting the edges drop them every time, so I'm thinking the cliffys require tightening the springs even on newer games since they give the targets less room to move.

Do the cliffys affect the right lane shot? With my drop target sitting slighting above the pf, it was enough to pop the ball up just enough so that not all shots were clean to the right lane and I got a few roll backs and odd hits with the gate.

#2324 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I have had them with and without the rails. Unless you plan on spending a lot of time with the playfield up (where they are very helpful) they might not be worth the money.

#2325 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Do the cliffys affect the right lane shot? With my drop target sitting slighting above the pf, it was enough to pop the ball up just enough so that not all shots were clean to the right lane and I got a few roll backs and odd hits with the gate.

They might be - I get the same thing & that shot should be the easiest!

#2326 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I got the pro. I am local so I called on Monday and they delivered it on Tuesday! They had 4 in stock. It's free shipping and I believe it would ship directly from cointaker.
My PF date is nov 16.

My issue is that the distributor doesn't keep them in stock and has to order from Stern. Plus its a premium.

#2327 2 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

My issue is that the distributor doesn't keep them in stock and has to order from Stern. Plus its a premium.

Find a new distributor and have them ship you one.

#2328 2 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Did you guys order premiums or pro's?

Mine was a premium. Had it within 12 days or so of my order back in December.

Call JJ at game exchange of Colorado

#2329 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I did not need to adjust my scolari height but I've looked at it. Should be "screw in" to lower, "screw out" to raise. As I recall it's one center screw.

It's the opposite. Screw it in (clockwise) to raise the target, and screw it out (counter clockwise) to lower it. I think there might also be two screws for each target, but I can't remember for sure.

#2330 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

The cliffy exacerbates this problem, but even without it installed, it will still happen. Unfortunately, it's just a bad playfield design.

#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am still waiting on mine GB premium. I ordered it back in November. I keep hearing its coming soon but every week I ask, its delayed again. Now the latest is end of March. Anyone else hearing this?

Ordered mine a month ago and it arrived last Monday

#2332 2 years ago

It was a premium.

#2333 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

On the bright side, you avoided that run of bad playfields ...

#2334 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On the bright side, you avoided that run of bad playfields ...

Absolutely! Six weeks in and the playfield is perfect. No problems so far except for a bad drop target ledge plastic. I hope no one else gets a bad playfield at this point, but a local operator just got a new playfield for his LE, so it seems like Stern is dealing with the problem for the most part.

#2335 2 years ago

Has anyone hooked up mods on their GB machine that need to hook into a GI lamp or flasher?
I have a die cast car that I'm trying to hookup, but I am struggling to get it to light up. It came with a red and black wire and I am trying to hook it up to the scoleri lamp but it won't light. I know the car lights up because I just tested it on the shoot again lamp on creature and it lit right up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2336 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

100% YES. I cannot imagine living without them.
Every time I hike the playfield up I thank the stars those rails are there.
Truly a must have in my opinion.

#2337 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's the opposite. Screw it in (clockwise) to raise the target, and screw it out (counter clockwise) to lower it. I think there might also be two screws for each target, but I can't remember for sure.

Thanks gweempose ! I stand corrected.

#2338 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Thanks gweempose ! I stand corrected.

Thanks to both of you I was able to make this adjustment and the spring adjustment and it looks like it fixed both my issues.

I have a new issue with a weak right flipper that I posted on the issue GB thread. ☹️

#2339 2 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Has anyone hooked up mods on their GB machine that need to hook into a GI lamp or flasher?
I have a die cast car that I'm trying to hookup, but I am struggling to get it to light up. It came with a red and black wire and I am trying to hook it up to the scoleri lamp but it won't light. I know the car lights up because I just tested it on the shoot again lamp on creature and it lit right up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

just guessing, but could be the polarity of the leds inside the car, so try swapping around the connection / bulb that you are connecting too ????

#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

100% YES. I cannot imagine living without them.
Every time I hike the playfield up I thank the stars those rails are there.
Truly a must have in my opinion.

Easy install? Any difference between PBL and the Stern ones? Can you even order Stern rails?

#2341 2 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Easy install? Any difference between PBL and the Stern ones? Can you even order Stern rails?

The ones from Stern are different, but the PBL ones function similarly. I have installed a few sets in the past on Pro models with no problem. You could probably order the Stern ones from an authorized reseller, but not sure on the cost.

The kickstands are useless, I highly recommend the upgrade to sliding rails.

#2342 2 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

What voltage is the light in the car?

#2343 2 years ago

I have a question for those with the Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade.

Do you have any speaker light kits installed? If so, how is the fit?

I'd like to upgrade my speakers, but I'm afraid the deeper speakers in the backbox will conflict with the power supply as the speaker light kit adds some depth.

#2344 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'd like to upgrade my speakers, but I'm afraid the deeper speakers in the backbox will conflict with the power supply as the speaker light kit adds some depth.

With the speaker lights on my Pro I have a 1" gap to the ps.

#2345 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

With the speaker lights on my Pro I have a 1" gap to the ps.

With upgraded speakers or stock speakers?

#2346 2 years ago

Anyone know exactly how the left captive balls work in conjuction with the proton pack targets and what the purple and I think white lights mean?

#2347 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

When you order your speakers from Flipper Fidelity....it has an option to select if you are planning on using speaker light kits or not. If you select you are using the speaker light kits...they sends the upgraded speakers without the spacer rings attached to the front of them. In that case...the light kit frames are being used for the spacer that the extended tweeter needs.

If you already have aftermarket speakers with the attached spacer rings on the front of them, the spacer rings can be removed. I have explained this on my website here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE_Speakers.pdf

I hope this helps,

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#2348 2 years ago

Just completed a 1.9 bil game finished ballroom and close to Stay puff, but tilted out... Naysayers be damned GB is freeking awesome. Soon all 3 ladders will be completed...soon...

#2349 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

When you order your speakers from Flipper Fidelity....it has an option to select if you are planning on using speaker light kits or not. If you select you are using the speaker light kits...they sends the upgraded speakers without the spacer rings attached to the front of them. In that case...the light kit frames are being used for the spacer that the extended tweeter needs.
If you already have aftermarket speakers with the attached spacer rings on the front of them, the spacer rings can be removed. I have explained this on my website here:
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE_Speakers.pdf
I hope this helps,
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7870 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 158.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside