B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 250.
#2251 7 years ago

Hey guys. Two stupid questions that I'm sure have been covered on previous posts.
First, shouldn't both Scoleri targets pop up when you're battling them? My left one never pops up.
And, secondly, how do you disable the random screaming crazy lady? Wow. I had heard about that, but me and my shorts clearly weren't ready for that

#2252 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I no longer have the orifinal packaging, but it was either that or something similar. You can carefully pull a dot (or a portion of a dot) from the sheet and sort of roll it on your fingertips like a booger. I used the "booger technique" for the bottoms of the terror dog's feet, er, paws.

"The booger technique" lmao

That was hilarious!

#2253 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Hey guys. Two stupid questions that I'm sure have been covered on previous posts.
First, shouldn't both Scoleri targets pop up when you're battling them? My left one never pops up.
And, secondly, how do you disable the random screaming crazy lady? Wow. I had heard about that, but me and my shorts clearly weren't ready for that

Both should pop up, for sure.

You can disable the screaming lady in the setup menu. It's the "scare feature."

#2254 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

"The booger technique" lmao
That was hilarious!

He must be a "booger" expert.

#2255 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Both should pop up, for sure.
You can disable the screaming lady in the setup menu. It's the "scare feature."

I second all of that.

#2256 7 years ago

the scream feature completes the Game!

#2257 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Leg bolts tight?

That seemed to fix it. Thanks for the quick tip, @mustangpaul!

#2258 7 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

That seemed to fix it. Thanks for the quick tip, mustangpaul!

Good to hear. Ya gotta keep an eye on those things, I usually check mine every 6 months or so especially if ya got friends that like to shake your games.

#2259 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good to hear. Ya gotta keep an eye on those things, I usually check mine every 6 months or so especially if ya got friends that like to shake your games.

That's no sh*t man, I can't believe how quick the leg bolts come loose on pinball machines. As far as the shaker motor goes, I turned mine down on medium on Ghostbusters because it was shaking way too hard at times. Medium actually feels right also, feels like that should be the default setting.

#2260 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That's no sh*t man, I can't believe how quick the leg bolts come loose on pinball machines. As far as the shaker motor goes, I turned mine down on medium on Ghostbusters because it was shaking way too hard at times. Medium actually feels right also, feels like that should be the default setting.

The shaker setting doesn't control the power of the shaker....just how often it's used.

#2261 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

try adding 3/8" nuts to the bolts on inside of cab this will keep them tight double nut!

#2262 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The shaker setting doesn't control the power of the shaker....just how often it's used.

Well that may be true but I can guarantee you that it doesn't shake the machine nearly as violently when you change it from maximum to medium use. One of the settings is also "long" use and the other three are minimal, medium, and the default is maximum. That kind of indicates to me that it could also affect the speed of the shaker motor. I don't really know, all I know is when it's on maximum, it shakes the machine too hard for my liking. My other machines are on maximum and they are fine, but I don't like GB on maximum.

#2263 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Sinestro is correct that setting may control how long it spins , definitely how often it spins but the force can only be changed with a mechanical calibration.

To reduce the force from your Stern Shaker... Loosen the set-screw on one of the weights.
From the factory, the weights are set the same.
Now move the loosened weight to 90 degrees out of sync with locked down weight.
This makes a huge difference. I would not even use my shaker until I adjusted it reducing the shaker effect.

Note: If you were to set the weights 180 degrees out of phase the shaker would not make any impact so set accordingly.
Setting at 90 degrees cuts the effect to 50% of factory setting , which I feel is perfect while others love the earth shaking impact of 100%.

** Loosening the set-screw is not easy.
The screw is glued in on the Stern Shaker, but you can do it.
I used my surface mount hot-air tool with a fine nozzle to heat the screw and the glue which made it easier, while others have just used brute force.

Tips:
* Use a right angle hex key (not the Swiss army knife style) .
* If needed you can lock a vice grip on the hex to add length which in turn adds torque.
* A thick rigid pipe of the right size slipped over the hex-key handle will also work to add torque.
* Only use a key that fits perfectly in the screw. The perfect size is 3/32" .
* Cheap tools can have poor size tolerance .

#2264 7 years ago

Interesting.

I don't find the maximum setting to be much different from my last SAM game.

#2265 7 years ago

I just got my GB pro last night and it definitely needs some tweaking. Left scoop drains down the middle. Since I have no experience 'under the hood' I was going to turn down the eject power. Which menu and item number is that - there are literally 100+ options.

I do like the idea of keeping the power and turning the scoop eject angle so it shoots to the right flipper but I am not brave enough yet to try that.

The drop targets don't always drop on the first hit. Is the easiest fix for me the replacement springs from pinball life?

Has anyone bought the center post mod from little shop of games? Does the post sit to low in the PF? I think the one from pinball life looks more desirable except it's not available right now.

My game did come with the blue lane protectors.

I only got to put a few games on it last night - mainly just testing some things.

Is little shop of games the place to get the air ball protector?

Thanks.

#2266 7 years ago

I was having the same problem with the left Scoleri target. I previously had installed the stronger springs. and it seemed that the spring was too strong and wouldn't let the target come up. I replaced it with the original spring and it now works fine.

#2267 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I just got my GB pro last night and it definitely needs some tweaking.

The drop targets don't always drop on the first hit. Is the easiest fix for me the replacement springs from pinball life?

For the Scoleri springs, instead of replacing with the Pinball life ones, you can easily stretch out your current springs by 10 rungs and connect at that point. Now mine drop much easier without brick shots that hit them head on.

#2268 7 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

For the Scoleri springs, instead of replacing with the Pinball life ones, you can easily stretch out your current springs by 10 rungs and connect at that point. Now mine drop much easier without brick shots that hit them head on.

I agree with this. It's better to just stretch the original spring than to install the new ones.

#2269 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I just got my GB pro last night and it definitely needs some tweaking. Left scoop drains down the middle. Since I have no experience 'under the hood' I was going to turn down the eject power. Which menu and item number is that - there are literally 100+ options.
I do like the idea of keeping the power and turning the scoop eject angle so it shoots to the right flipper but I am not brave enough yet to try that.
Has anyone bought the center post mod from little shop of games? Does the post sit to low in the PF? I think the one from pinball life looks more desirable except it's not available right now.
I only got to put a few games on it last night - mainly just testing some things.
Is little shop of games the place to get the air ball protector?
Thanks.

The Scoleri drops will "break-in" over time and get better. If not, try the spring trick mentioned above.

As far as the scoop, trying INCREASING the power and see if it makes it over to the tip of the right flipper.

#2270 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The Scoleri drops will "break-in" over time and get better. If not, try the spring trick mentioned above.
As far as the scoop, trying INCREASING the power and see if it makes it over to the tip of the right flipper.

I tried increasing the power last night but I might have had the wrong menu option. I think it maxed out around 60. I will take a closer look at that tonight. Do you happen to know the menu item number?

Thanks.

#2271 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I tried increasing the power last night but I might have had the wrong menu option. I think it maxed out around 60. I will take a closer look at that tonight. Do you happen to know the menu item number?
Thanks.

Not off the top of my head, sorry.

It may not help...just something to try.

#2272 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

remind what the BLUE LANE PROTECTORS are?

#2273 7 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I was having the same problem with the left Scoleri target. I previously had installed the stronger springs. and it seemed that the spring was too strong and wouldn't let the target come up. I replaced it with the original spring and it now works fine.

I got my premium from a good bud who bought it New in box from stern. I highly doubt he would have changed any springs, and he only put about 100 plays on it. Anything specific to look for as I head under the hood to see why the the left scoleri isn't working properly? Thanks much!

#2274 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

remind what the BLUE LANE PROTECTORS are?

I was under the impression this was part of a mod, but maybe it's standard. (bottom photo -the part in the right rectangle)

I found it as a mod on another website. (top photo)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2275 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.

I am thinking its #12 in the ghostbusters adjustment menu.

#2276 7 years ago

The Picture shows a PBL Green Outlane Jumping Prevention, and a Center Post.
I believe it is still Out of stock.

If you want a Center Post, and cant wait Little Shop of Games has a center post version.

The second is a Protector for the stock slings. It does not have a Center Post, or help with
outlane hops.
I have one that Prevents Outlane Hops, and Slings, and others have a few versions as well.
Lermods, Chuck...Modfather...different colors, shapes and costs.

Youll really only want to decide on whether you want a center post, or whether you want a
more enjoyable game, without the outlane hops.

Some games are a few mm higher on outlanes, and balls dont jump as much.

Play a while, and see what you think....but the ramp target Plastic is a must.

GL.

#2277 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am thinking its #12 in the ghostbusters adjustment menu.

Thanks. I think it was #11. I tried 60 and that didn't work then I tried 20 and that perfectly drops it on the left flipper with the option to dead bounce to right.

#2278 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The Picture shows a PBL Green Outlane Jumping Prevention, and a Center Post.
I believe it is still Out of stock.
If you want a Center Post, and cant wait Little Shop of Games has a center post version.
The second is a Protector for the stock slings. It does not have a Center Post, or help with
outlane hops.
I have one that Prevents Outlane Hops, and Slings, and others have a few versions as well.
Lermods, Chuck...Modfather...different colors, shapes and costs.
Youll really only want to decide on whether you want a center post, or whether you want a
more enjoyable game, without the outlane hops.
Some games are a few mm higher on outlanes, and balls dont jump as much.
Play a while, and see what you think....but the ramp target Plastic is a must.
GL.

I have a feb build and don't seem to have the Outlane jumps. I definitely want a center post and prefer the one from Pbl- wish it was in stock.

I haven't scored over 300m on mine but the one at the mall I had 5.4b. Mine plays slightly different, especially from the shooter lane.

#2279 7 years ago

The reason my left scoleri target isn't working properly is that the plastic piece that holds the target up until it is hit has been broken. Is this an easy piece to find? Knock on wood, looks like an easy fix once I have the right plastic piece in place. This piece is held in place by the two small screw going up underneathe the metal bracket. Others broke this early on? This was broken after 100 plays or so. Again, looks like and easy fix.

IMG_4350 (resized).JPGIMG_4350 (resized).JPG

IMG_4351 (resized).JPGIMG_4351 (resized).JPG

#2280 7 years ago

The reason my left scoleri target isn't working properly is that the plastic piece that holds the target up until it is hit has been broken. Is this an easy piece to find?

Call Stern. I bet they'll send you out a new one.

#2281 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks. I think it was #11. I tried 60 and that didn't work then I tried 20 and that perfectly drops it on the left flipper with the option to dead bounce to right.

You're welcome. I put mine on 22. I'd like to set it on 60 so it comes out fast but it goes SDTM too often so I just leave it on 22 now.

#2282 7 years ago

The reason my left scoleri target isn't working properly is that the plastic piece that holds the target up until it is hit has been broken. Is this an easy piece to find? Knock on wood, looks like an easy fix once I have the right plastic piece in place. This piece is held in place by the two small screw going up underneathe the metal bracket. Others broke this early on? This was broken after 100 plays or so. Again, looks like and easy fix.

Call the phone number under your lock bar & talk to Chas. He's very helpful and I bet he will send you a new one.
Tip: Before calling be prepared to email him the picture of the broken part. He will need that before sending you a new part.

#2283 7 years ago

Anyone who has the official Stern Ghostbusters Topper...

Could you please measure the height of the unit and posts it here or message me if you prefer.

#2284 7 years ago

I saw these in one of the pictures a few pages ago. Do they help deter outlane drains?

#2285 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I saw these in one of the pictures a few pages ago. Do they help deter outlane drains?

I can't help but think two things when I see that pic.

#1. Why did he move the post up? Glutton for punishment?

#2. That stain from where the post was over the middle hole can be cleaned up nicely with a little Novus 1.

#2286 7 years ago

i used this, like at ALL Sterns

IMG_6510-2 (resized).jpgIMG_6510-2 (resized).jpg

#2287 7 years ago

The exact same thing happened to me at around the same time. It's a common problem. Stern needs to use a stronger part. Chas sent me a new one. Not too bad to replace. Marco also sells them for a few bucks.

#2288 7 years ago

For the Scoleri fix just uses a flat piece of aluminum. IMG_2419 (resized).PNGIMG_2419 (resized).PNG

#2289 7 years ago

Had some aluminum C channel so decided to make some ball guide extenders to take care of the ball guide hop. Sorry the pics are out of order but difficult to post pics in order from my phone. IMG_2859 (resized).JPGIMG_2859 (resized).JPGIMG_2852 (resized).JPGIMG_2852 (resized).JPGIMG_2851 (resized).JPGIMG_2851 (resized).JPGIMG_2847 (resized).JPGIMG_2847 (resized).JPG

IMG_2853 (resized).JPGIMG_2853 (resized).JPG
IMG_2854 (resized).JPGIMG_2854 (resized).JPG

#2290 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Had some aluminum C channel so decided to make some ball guide extenders to take care of the ball guide hop. Sorry the pics are out of order but difficult to post pics in order from my phone.

You should sell those.

#2291 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I can't help but think two things when I see that pic.
#1. Why did he move the post up? Glutton for punishment?
#2. That stain from where the post was over the middle hole can be cleaned up nicely with a little Novus 1.

#2 I don't believe that is a stain - it's a indentation because those things are screwed down so tight. (I moved mine last night and have the same thing)

Anyway, where so I get those rubber circles and what are they called?

Thanks.

#2292 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

#2 I don't believe that is a stain - it's a indentation because those things are screwed down so tight. (I moved mine last night and have the same thing)
Thanks.

I had the exact same thing when I moved my posts down. I was worried it was a clearcoat issue caused by the posts being screwed in too tight.

Nope, wiped right off with Nuvos 1.

#2293 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.

Are you talking about the green one he put on the lane guide? It's just a small rubber ring.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=86&pg=1

#2294 7 years ago

will be joining this club in roughly 3 weeks give or take.

for those that have the official topper, has it's usage been improved with the code updates? the reviews I found on youtube were all 6+ months old and it seemed underwhelming, but still, looks pretty cool sitting on top of there.

#2295 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

will be joining this club in roughly 3 weeks give or take.
for those that have the official topper, has it's usage been improved with the code updates? the reviews I found on youtube were all 6+ months old and it seemed underwhelming, but still, looks pretty cool sitting on top of there.

I wish it was used more. Currently, it comes on during attract mode, ball save, and We Got One for a few seconds.

Personally, I think it should run for the entire We Got One mode.

It may come on for deeper modes I haven't been to yet.

All in all, I have no regrets. The game would seem empty to me without it. Hopefully it will get tweaked.

#2296 7 years ago

I am still waiting on mine GB premium. I ordered it back in November. I keep hearing its coming soon but every week I ask, its delayed again. Now the latest is end of March. Anyone else hearing this?

#2297 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am still waiting on mine GB premium. I ordered it back in November. I keep hearing its coming soon but every week I ask, its delayed again. Now the latest is end of March. Anyone else hearing this?

Wow. That's a long wait!

I ordered a Pro last Monday. It's in transit to me now. Should have it early next week. The wait is killing me!! I can't imagine how you feel.

#2298 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Had some aluminum C channel so decided to make some ball guide extenders to take care of the ball guide hop. Sorry the pics are out of order but difficult to post pics in order from my phone.

You did a really good job. What size C channel, and what did you use to cut it?

#2299 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Ordered mine mid December and had it on the 28th of December. Unless you're outside of the US, I'd maybe at least look at other distributors. I know JJ is all caught up with his GB backlog which means you should get one pretty quickly.

#2300 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I would call some more distributors, that doesn't even sound right to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.