B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 250.
#2201 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Another thing: the ugly 2 coil crossover mech in the backbox is no longer needed. You can now remove it. This thing.

Would the FF speakers (maybe the smaller ones) pair well with a subwoofer or would that be overkill?

#2202 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Would the FF speakers (maybe the smaller ones) pair well with a subwoofer or would that be overkill?

I defiantly won't be hooking up mine to a sub. I actually had my GB connected to a sub before the install. That went upstairs. Maybe the 8" could benefit from an external, but I would still think no. The speakers are pretty balanced and you can adjust bass in the game settings.

#2203 7 years ago

Ive been enjoying mine and the difference with a standard polk sub.

What would be the expected difference heard, in switching to a FF System?

Would an Old man hear this difference?

#2204 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ive been enjoying mine and the difference with a standard polk sub.
What would be the expected difference heard, in switching to a FF System?
Would an Old man hear this difference?

For sure Art. I had a 10" infinity external subwoofer connected before i went to this setup. The sub is great for bass. But with the FF speakers you hear so much more detail with everything else. Much better quality. Not loud, tinny, and harsh like the stock speakers. Plus the bass is tighter (not muddy) You would notice it too. Assuming you are not deaf!

#2205 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Old code I think I got there once in like 100 games. Now I get it like as often as HOTK on GOT

So you get there like every single game then right?

#2206 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For sure Art. I had a 10" infinity external subwoofer connected before i went to this setup. The sub is great for bass. But with the FF speakers you hear so much more detail with everything else. Much better quality. Not loud, tinny, and harsh like the stock speakers. Plus the bass is tighter (not muddy) You would notice it too. Assuming you are not deaf!

Thank you!.....going deaf!

#2207 7 years ago

Thread is now 45 pages long and I am sure this question has already been answered, but I
dare to ask in any case. The volume on my pin is now at 1 and the music is -20 and speech -10.
The audio is still quite loud and if I turn it up a notch to 2 or 3, it get much louder than to what
I have used to: usually the changes have been small and incremental with every notch, but here
the audio just gets quite much louder with every notch.

Is the pin supposed to be this loud, or is there some setting that I should use to make the pin
a bit quieter?

#2208 7 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thread is now 45 pages long and I am sure this question has already been answered, but I
dare to ask in any case. The volume on my pin is now at 1 and the music is -20 and speech -10.
The audio is still quite loud and if I turn it up a notch to 2 or 3, it get much louder than to what
I have used to: usually the changes have been small and incremental with every notch, but here
the audio just gets quite much louder with every notch.
Is the pin supposed to be this loud, or is there some setting that I should use to make the pin
a bit quieter?

For some reason, this game is louder than others. It seems that the minimum volume is much higher than other games. I am wondering if that can be adjusted in the code?

#2209 7 years ago

I thought the music and speech intonation going into the negative made it louder. I would try putting them back to 0 and see if its better, then go into the positive numbers

#2210 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I thought the music and speech intonation going into the negative made it louder. I would try putting them back to 0 and see if its better, then go into the positive numbers

That's correct. Negative increases the volume. Positive decreases it (attenuating).
I do agree though, this game seems extra loud to me also.
Junky

#2211 7 years ago

I had the volume of my last Stern game (SAM) set at 22. The equivalent is 4 on Ghostbusters.

Perhaps SPIKE is much louder?

#2212 7 years ago

Adjusted music and speech to 0. Main volume is adjusted to 1...

#2213 7 years ago

I am looking to buy this game soon. Can you tell me exactly what mods I am looking at here (in the yellow boxes)?

I know one is the center post mod which I can get from pinball life.

But what about the other 2?

Is one of them the blue plastic protector set that is $29.99?

I don't know what that green piece is but I assume it helps with the ball jumping. Where can I get that?

This is a picture from the local mall.
Thanks.

gb1 (resized).jpggb1 (resized).jpg

#2214 7 years ago

the only mod i see is the pinball life center post mod.

#2215 7 years ago

The entire Pinball Life kit is in the photo, including the green plastics that prevent balls from hopping the outlane guide.

#2216 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I am looking to buy this game soon. Can you tell me exactly what mods I am looking at here (in the yellow boxes)?
I know one is the center post mod which I can get from pinball life.
But what about the other 2?
Is one of them the blue plastic protector set that is $29.99?
I don't know what that green piece is but I assume it helps with the ball jumping. Where can I get that?
This is a picture from the local mall.
Thanks.

Left & right are outlane & plastic protectors. Check out OldPinGuy's (Art) outlane guards If you want a version that is crystal clear and protects from outlane jumps and protects plastics. For me its the perfect solution.

#2217 7 years ago

Installed Meph's terror dogs today they look superlative.

IMG_2253 (resized).JPGIMG_2253 (resized).JPG

IMG_2255 (resized).JPGIMG_2255 (resized).JPG

IMG_2254 (resized).JPGIMG_2254 (resized).JPG

IMG_2256 (resized).JPGIMG_2256 (resized).JPG

#2218 7 years ago

Has anyone tried swapping out the cheap looking Gozer plastic with something like this?

Gozer (resized).jpgGozer (resized).jpg

#2219 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Them Terror Dogs are pretty cool, may have to get me a couple of those!

#2220 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Them Terror Dogs are pretty cool, may have to get me a couple of those!

and LED the eyes!

#2221 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

and LED the eyes!

No doubt, how cool would that be? Good idea!

#2222 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I had the volume of my last Stern game (SAM) set at 22. The equivalent is 4 on Ghostbusters.
Perhaps SPIKE is much louder?

Sam is mono spike is stero big difference in sound

#2223 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

How did you adhear the dog to the pin?

#2224 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

GB has a different volume level. GOT isn't screeching at level 10. Not sure why. Putting the FF speakers changed things a lot, where there is more range in the volume control. Maybe because they need more power to drive them.

#2225 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Has anyone tried swapping out the cheap looking Gozer plastic with something like this?

My pro built in October 2016 doesn't have the tall Gozer plastic. It has the same slimmer plastic that it over the slingshot area. Anyone selling the Gozer plastic? Sure would prefer that one

#2226 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have thought about it but not sure if it would look right. You would need to chop it in half to make it work.

#2227 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Yup, 2 dogs look great next to Gozer

#2228 7 years ago

Symmetrical Book Stacking installed by the library. (made sense to me to mount it by the library).
Most people mount it on the right near the Symmetrical Book Stacking newton ball.

This takes advantage of the flasher reducing the blinding light yet makes the books look nice with the flashing glow.

#2229 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have thought about it but not sure if it would look right. You would need to chop it in half to make it work.

How tall is the plastic? The action figure is 7".

#2230 7 years ago

Just shipped off my gb le playfeild to stern for replacement

#2231 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Symmetrical Book Stacking installed by the library. (made sense to me to mount it by the library).
Most people mount it on the right near the Symmetrical Book Stacking newton ball.
This takes advantage of the flasher reducing the blinding light yet makes the books look nice with the flashing glow.
» YouTube video

I like your videos on YouTube Chuck, thanks for all the good info you put on there!

#2232 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am wondering about this as well, anybody care to comment on this?

#2233 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I used glue dots (same thing I used to secore the Hallmark light cycles on Tron). They hold well and they're 100% removable.

#2234 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The entire Pinball Life kit is in the photo, including the green plastics that prevent balls from hopping the outlane guide.

Do you have a link to that kit?

#2235 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I used hot glue. I am thinking of redoing them using a green hot glue stick so it looks like the dogs are standing in slime .

#2236 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I used a thin 2-sided sticky pad I had in my parts drawer.

#2237 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What's weird is that I was looking for it earlier today, and it no longer appears to be on their site. I'd suggest shooting them an email to see what the deal is.

#2238 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What's weird is that I was looking for it earlier today, and it no longer appears to be on their site. I'd suggest shooting them an email to see what the deal is.

Historically, when an item is not currently available at pinball-life, they make that item invisible to the users.
I ran into the same situation with a different item. I contacted pinball life and they explained the item was not currently available.

#2239 7 years ago

Joined the GB Premium club yesterday. My family and I sure enjoy this addition to the collection. In fact, they typically don't play, but spent over an hour on this machine yesterday. I installed Art's air ball protectors before we played one game. Also, the gentleman I bought it from had it set to five ball games, which seems right on as we are learning. We Got One!!

IMG_4335 (resized).JPGIMG_4335 (resized).JPG

#2240 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

In quality, not volume.

#2241 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Looks like this one from Little shop of games does the same thing

IMG_6045 (resized).PNGIMG_6045 (resized).PNG

#2242 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Looks like this one from Little shop of games does the same thing

Except that is only one piece whereas the one from pinball life I believe is 3 pieces (as seen in my photo) and the center post might sit about a 1/4 inch higher. Pinball life one is $45 if they ever get it back in stock.

To be honest, I am not exactly sure what the lower play field looks like with out any mods...but I'll know tomorrow for sure.

#2243 7 years ago

Pinball life was one piece like that one, but had some extra slime parts for decoration and green flipper rubber.

#2244 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Pinball life was one piece like that one, but had some extra slime parts for decoration and green flipper rubber.

Did it have the 3 items highlighted in my previously posted photo?

#2245 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I used glue dots (same thing I used to secore the Hallmark light cycles on Tron). They hold well and they're 100% removable.

these ?

https://www.amazon.com/Glue-Dots-Removable-Sheets-Value/dp/B004L6GHZG

they look kinda of wide in size. Do you have a close up pic on how your applied the dot?

#2246 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

these ?
amazon.com link »
they look kinda of wide in size. Do you have a close up pic on how your applied the dot?

The ones in the link I noticed were 1/2" diameter but they also sell some that are 1/8" in diameter. I wonder if the 1/8" ones would be better to mount the dog with? His feet look really small so I'm thinking the 1/8" ones may be better?

#2247 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Did it have the 3 items highlighted in my previously posted photo?

Yes, i almost bought it but decided against it. I know i saw them somewhere for sale on another site, but cant remember.

#2249 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Heres link for 1/8 but it doesnt say removable.
amazon.com link »

The guy from glue dots said they are not considered removable. He said they do make some 1/4" ones that are removable but I didn't find them. If 1/2" worked for you it should work for us, just seems like that may be a little big?

#2250 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

these ?
amazon.com link »

I no longer have the original packaging, but it was either that or something similar. You can carefully pull a dot (or a portion of a dot) from the sheet and sort of roll it on your fingertips like a booger. I used the "booger technique" for the bottoms of the terror dog's feet, er, paws.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.