B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 250.
#2151 7 years ago

for the shooter lane - I used cliffy's on the rhs of the scalloped grove and pinball life's for the lhs - wasn't a fan of the pounding of bolts for the cliffy lhs. Together they work well but if a ball is shot out hard sometimes it goes up and gets hung up on the pinball life one on the edge. Happened 4 times in 400 games - need to turn the power down on the trough switch.

#2152 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Is it a pretty easy install or a PITA? Anyone have pics of them installed in their GB? My Pro is going strong with no PF issues...October playfield and Nov. build. LOVE this machine. Wish I could afford the topper

OK so cliffy drain hole is an easy install. The shooter lane requires some education before you do it.
There's the video by PinballSupernova. What this video.

Then watch my little video which covers some details you really need to know about installing the shooter-lane cliffy (bottom right)

About left side shooter Cliffy: I personally had no trouble with this one.
** Remove the auto launch mech to get at the bolts. You'll thank me later.
I used a plastic/rubber mallet to "tap" up the bolts to remove them. That was the easy part.
The hard part was getting the right/bottom cliffy mounted tight and proper so it never moves after install.
Watch my video. The techniques used here were advised by Cliffy himself.

#2153 7 years ago

I finally got to the stay putt mode but didn't know what I was doing

Can someone explain the stay puff mode on a pro for me, and on the pro does he change colour and how.?

#2154 7 years ago

Arghh this game is so freaking hard sometimes I need to be in the zone to get anywhere !

#2155 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Arghh this game is so freaking hard sometimes I need to be in the zone to get anywhere !

Agreed! We played just Ghostbusters for about 2hrs straight last night & my best game was 177 million - then my 14yr old daughter who grew up on pinball scored 757 Million..... I remember her having a monster multiball but not much more. Hate it when the kids beat me at stuff - it's why I stopped playing Xbox! Getting old sucks!

#2156 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Agreed! We played just Ghostbusters for about 2hrs straight last night & my best game was 177 million - then my 14yr old daughter who grew up on pinball scored 757 Million..... I remember her having a monster multiball but not much more. Hate it when the kids beat me at stuff - it's why I stopped playing Xbox! Getting old sucks!

Lol....that's funny but it's not funny. I was just telling someone that yesterday that even in pinball that your skills diminish as you get older. I feel your pain though for sure.

#2157 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Can someone explain the stay puff mode on a pro for me, and on the pro does he change colour and how.?

I finally reached him tonight also and had two balls left. I put my mean face on and was prepared to kick his fat marshmallow Azz, and drained my last two balls pretty much instantly! I was so pissed that I wanted to break something!

#2158 7 years ago

We played just Ghostbusters for about 2hrs straight last night & my best game was 177 million - then my 14yr old daughter who grew up on pinball scored 757 Million..... I remember her having a monster multiball but not much more. Hate it when the kids beat me at stuff - it's why I stopped playing Xbox! Getting old sucks!

Getting high scores on this game is all about the playfield multipliers. The other day I started "Don't Cross the Streams" with 6x running and I think I scored something like 450 million on just the video mode alone.

#2159 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Getting high scores on this game is all about the playfield multipliers. The other day I started "Don't Cross the Streams" with 6x running and I think I scored something like 450 million on just the video mode alone.

Yep you are right for sure. What is your best score on the new code?

#2160 7 years ago

Ok premium / le owners... I just played 1 game - beat who let the dog out, then was shooting for the left orbit - OMG - hit the 2x standup & the ball flew all the way back over the flippers and drained, went for it again, hit the 2x again - this time the ball flew diagonally across the playfield over the right slings & drained. Third ball shooting for the big ramp - hit the ramp and the ball jumped and smacked the glass - this game is possessed! I've got Arts ball hop protector ordered, but do the flippers need to be turned down? I'm afraid to play it

#2161 7 years ago

Ok premium / le owners... I just played 1 game - beat who let the dog out, then was shooting for the left orbit - OMG - hit the 2x standup & the ball flew all the way back over the flippers and drained, went for it again, hit the 2x again - this time the ball flew diagonally across the playfield over the right slings & drained. Third ball shooting for the big ramp - hit the ramp and the ball jumped and smacked the glass - this game is possessed! I've got Arts ball hop protector ordered, but do the flippers need to be turned down? I'm afraid to play it

The airball protector should solve most all of your problems.

#2162 7 years ago

hahaha.....just wait til you get the scare !!!

#2163 7 years ago

Arts protectors will fix most of the air balls. You should be able to play it until you get them I'd think? Arts protectors have a protective film on them......have fun taking that off! I think Art did that just to have some fun with us.

#2164 7 years ago

I'd turn down the flippers as on a waxed or new game you don't need a ridiculous amount of power. Plus to stop airballs from standup targets you need to angle them downwards towards the PF. Then the balls don't go airborne.

There's many ways to do it... some games (WMS/BLY) you can just bend them downward and slide a small shim behind them that can't be seen and holds them in place. If they are really stiff you can loosen them under the PF and put a couple washers under the front so when tightened they point downward. Or you can simply try to build up some stiff foam behind the front target leaf to point it down and keep it down.

This game is worse than most in this regard but with some experimentation you should be able to get it under control.

#2165 7 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback! I get using washers to aim the stand ups downward & will give that a try tomorrow. Appreciate it!

#2166 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Art did that just to have some fun with us.

#2167 7 years ago

Sorry dog you! I like to never got those damn things off! I wasn't even sure if there was a protective film over them or not after trying for about 15 minutes. Lol

#2168 7 years ago

I'm a little confused about the PKE skill shot. I guess you choose P,K, or E and try aim for the lane that is lit. Later on if you
have 2 lanes lit do you aim for the unlit lane?

Also, I can't seem to see my score until the very end.

#2169 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm a little confused about the PKE skill shot. I guess you choose P,K, or E and try aim for the lane that is lit. Later on if you have 2 lanes lit do you aim for the unlit lane?

Before plunging the ball, you select one of the three lanes with your flipper buttons. You then try to soft plunge the ball into that lit lane (you cannot change it once you plunge). If you make the shot, you will receive the corresponding reward, the most lucrative of these being the lit playfield multipliers.

During normal play, you want to use your flipper buttons so that the ball goes into an unlit lane. Every time you complete all three lanes, it increases your end of ball bonus x. This can be worth a ton of points after a long ball, especially if your bonus is held.

#2170 7 years ago

If the game doesn't hit a top switch but rolls down the loop on the one I play it lets me replunge forever after a drain. Anyone else get this?

#2171 7 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

If the game doesn't hit a top switch but rolls down the loop on the one I play it lets me replunge forever after a drain. Anyone else get this?

Yep. Takes a good bit to qualify the play field.

On another note, anyone upgrade their speakers with a FF kit? Worth it?

#2172 7 years ago

Wish I had taken a picture. Last night playing a GB pro on location I scored 4.7 billion. Had a loopin supers going with either 3x or 6x and was getting something crazy like 259M per shot. On the last ball I plunged a skill shot for over 400m. Crazy game!

#2173 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What is your best score on the new code?

It's decent, but nowhere near some of the crazy scores I've read about here ...

GB Grand Champ (resized).jpgGB Grand Champ (resized).jpg

#2174 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Factory settings or turning off ability to timeout?

#2175 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thats a good score, nice job!

#2176 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Yep. Takes a good bit to qualify the play field.
On another note, anyone upgrade their speakers with a FF kit? Worth it?

Hey Taylor. I ordered the FF speaker kit with the 10" woofer and will install it tomorrow. My buddy @randomkg installed the same kit on his Game of Thrones LE and it sounds amazing. That's why I ordered it actually. I'll keep everyone posted on it.

Eric

#2177 7 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Yes, In fact This is not just GB. I saw a video tutorial of (Stern) Star Trek where the guy intentionally did this.
If the dropped the ball , the machine did not count it and gave a new ball.

#2178 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hey Taylor. I ordered the FF speaker kit with the 10" woofer and will install it tomorrow. My buddy randomkg installed the same kit on his Game of Thrones LE and it sounds amazing. That's why I ordered it actually. I'll keep everyone posted on it.
Eric

I look forward to hearing about how the install goes and how much of a difference it makes.

#2179 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Yes, In fact This is not just GB. I saw a video tutorial of (Stern) Star Trek where the guy intentionally did this.
If the dropped the ball , the machine did not count it and gave a new ball.

I was trying it on Met last night and it seems to do something similar. However, the trough MIGHT DQ from doing a super skill shot.
I kind of get it as a fail safe in the code so it doesn't rob you of a ball, but it is mildly abusable.

Quoted from gweempose:

Extra balls? I've been knocking on 2 billion regularly in three balls lately by abusing that K skill shot. One time it was without even coming close to We Came We Saw, just 6X and multi balls.

#2180 7 years ago

Streaming Ghostbusters tonight at 7:30p EST. Little walk through for the first hour then league finals play until we are done.

http://twitch.tv/boomgo_pinball

GB-PROMO-V1 (resized).jpgGB-PROMO-V1 (resized).jpg

#2181 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Streaming Ghostbusters tonight at 7:30p EST. Little walk through for the first hour then league finals play until we are done.
http://twitch.tv/boomgo_pinball

Can't wait!

#2182 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Factory settings or turning off ability to timeout?

Everything on my game is default factory settings. Is that easier or harder?

#2183 7 years ago

I disabled timing out modes but kept everything else factory

#2184 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I disabled timing out modes but kept everything else factory

What does that mean exactly? Sorry I just got my machine and don't know much about it yet.

#2185 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Sounds like your enjoying your GB Pro Jady Do you see it as a keeper? Just one more game type machine?

#2186 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What does that mean exactly? Sorry I just got my machine and don't know much about it yet.

If you don't complete a mode and the timer runs out, you don't advance to the next mode. You have to complete the mode before you can play the next one. Factory settings allow you to play the next mode should you run out of time and not complete mode. Also, factory settings will put you back into the mode you were playing should you drain during a mode. Taylors adjustment makes you re-qualify a mode if you drain while playing one. Much much harder to advance through the game.

#2187 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you don't complete a mode and the timer runs out, you don't advance to the next mode. You have to complete the mode before you can play the next one. Factory settings allow you to play the next mode should you run out of time and not complete mode. Also, factory settings will put you back into the mode you were playing should you drain during a mode. Taylors adjustment makes you re-qualify a mode if you drain while playing one. Much much harder to advance through the game.

Yeah that does sound a lot harder. GB is already hard enough for me so I think I'm leaving mine on the factory settings.

#2188 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah that does sound a lot harder. GB is already hard enough for me so I think I'm leaving mine on the factory settings.

once you get the shots dialed in you'll progress pretty deep.

#2189 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

once you get the shots dialed in you'll progress pretty deep.

It probably is fun like that I'd say. I think GB is pretty great no matter how you play it. It's my most favorite machine for sure!

#2190 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Sounds like your enjoying your GB Pro Jady Do you see it as a keeper? Just one more game type machine?

really enjoying, definitely a one more game and kids are enjoying which is even better = glad I got it and not going anywhere for quite a while.

#2191 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you don't complete a mode and the timer runs out, you don't advance to the next mode.

I just changed mine last night so that you can no longer time out modes. I left everything else factory. I think this is a good change, and it will make getting to WCWSWKIA more satisfying.

#2192 7 years ago

Ok so reporting back on the Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade. I ordered the 10" Spike kit for my Ghostbusters. The install was very easy. I have installed FF kits on both SAM (Star Trek) and WPC (TZ) games and been happy with the results.

Wow. This is a completely different level altogether in terms of audio. The highs are crisp, the midrange is tight and the bass is fantastic. There are so many details is the audio for this game that the stock speakers do a horrible job of reproducing. This is a no brainer upgrade and makes the single biggest difference vs any upgrade I can think of. The audio quality in GB is fantastic and Spike + FF makes a huge difference.

#2193 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ok so reporting back on the Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade. I ordered the 10" Spike kit for my Ghostbusters. The install was very easy. I have installed FF kits on both SAM (Star Trek) and WPC (TZ) games and been happy with the results.
Wow. This is a completely different level altogether in terms of audio. The highs are crisp, the midrange is tight and the bass is fantastic. There are so many details is the audio for this game that the stock speakers do a horrible job of reproducing. This is a no brainer upgrade and makes the single biggest difference vs any upgrade I can think of. The audio quality in GB is fantastic and Spike + FF makes a huge difference.

Easy swap out? Anyone post any videos of an install on their machine? Can you post a link to the kit you bought...sounds like a must have!

#2194 7 years ago

I haven't upgraded my speaker package, but I think adding a shaker to the Premium I have is such a game changer for me, makes the game really come to life and give it a more complete, solid feeling.

#2195 7 years ago

Put a shaker on my Premium. Whenever it activates, I hear a high-pitched squeaking noise coming from somewhere on the right side of the cabinet.
Any ideas?

#2196 7 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Put a shaker on my Premium. Whenever it activates, I hear a high-pitched squeaking noise coming from somewhere on the right side of the cabinet.
Any ideas?

Leg bolts tight?

#2197 7 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Any ideas?

That is the area of the shaker install (but you knew that), so I would check for any loose screws/bolts, and ensure that the shaker is tightly secured, and it's wires are clear of interfering with the shaker's movement.

#2198 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just changed mine last night so that you can no longer time out modes. I left everything else factory. I think this is a good change, and it will make getting to WCWSWKIA more satisfying.

Yeah. Old code I think I got there once in like 100 games. Now I get it like as often as HOTK on GOT

#2199 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Easy swap out? Anyone post any videos of an install on their machine? Can you post a link to the kit you bought...sounds like a must have!

Very easy swap out. No video, but here are some photos.

IMG_0355 (resized).JPGIMG_0355 (resized).JPG

IMG_0357 (resized).JPGIMG_0357 (resized).JPG

IMG_0356 (resized).JPGIMG_0356 (resized).JPG

IMG_0358 (resized).JPGIMG_0358 (resized).JPG

IMG_0362 (resized).JPGIMG_0362 (resized).JPG

#2200 7 years ago

Another thing: the ugly 2 coil crossover mech in the backbox is no longer needed. You can now remove it. This thing.

IMG_0361 (resized).JPGIMG_0361 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.