IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 249.
#2101 7 years ago

And it's in the house

IMG_5625 (resized).JPGIMG_5625 (resized).JPG

#2102 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd call it a mini wizard mode.

What is the main wizard mode? I figured stay puft would be the mac daddy!

#2103 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd call it a mini wizard mode.

And pretty damn easy to get to since you don't have to complete modes. Kinda miss that rule.

#2104 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What is the main wizard mode? I figured stay puft would be the mac daddy!

The main wizard mode is "We're Ready to Believe You!". I've never reached it, and to be honest, I don't even know if its coded into the game yet.

#2105 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks Spelunk! I really love this pin and can't wait to get it dialed in just perfect. Wonder how hard the Stay Puft mode is to get to? I'm guessing that's the wizard mode right?

no, as said...

Quoted from gweempose:

The main wizard mode is "We're Ready to Believe You!". I've never reached it, and to be honest, I don't even know if its coded into the game yet.

got it, its in, its when you're finishing the 3rd ladder
and for what we've read from the begining, the big (big) wizard mode should be ARE YOU A GOD... !?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

And pretty damn easy to get to since you don't have to complete modes. Kinda miss that rule.

thats why evbd must change the factory settings, in this case the mode mission timer to OFF, else its indeed way to easy : start a mode, keep the ball on a flipper and wait... this is not playing pinball :/

#2106 7 years ago

Good call on the Premium. Congratulations !

#2107 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I believe the final wizard mode is "Are you a god?" I doubt it's been coded either.

#2108 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I believe the final wizard mode is "Are you a god?" I doubt it's been coded either.

It is coded. Beat all three mode trees.

#2109 7 years ago

Mountain gamer . When do you order yours?

#2110 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is coded. Beat all three mode trees.

That's "We're Ready to Believe You".

#2111 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Oh yeah. That's what I was thinking of....

#2112 7 years ago

So the light in my start button on my 11 month old HUO that has probably only been turned on for 72 hours total went out. Does that seem normal?

#2113 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

So how does one get it are you a god ? Assuming it's in there for course

#2114 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

So how does one get it are you a god ? Assuming it's in there for course

Zero idea.

#2115 7 years ago

"Are you a God" is still missing from the game

#2116 7 years ago
Quoted from crussomd:

So the light in my start button on my 11 month old HUO that has probably only been turned on for 72 hours total went out. Does that seem normal?

It happens all the time pull the bulb out and push it back in if that doesn't work call chas they will send you another one

#2117 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

It happens all the time pull the bulb out and push it back in if that doesn't work call chas they will send you another one

What bulb is needed here? Sounds like a good idea to pick up a couple if they are gonna burn out often.
Shoot I just placed an order on PBL and could have tossed in the bulb had I thought of it :/

#2118 7 years ago

whats the bulb partnumber for the coin slots? I'd like to chance them to pink or blue.

#2119 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

whats the bulb partnumber for the coin slots? I'd like to chance them to pink or blue.

If they are the same as GOt they are just 555 bulbs.

#2120 7 years ago

Scare feature is great until you're alone in the dark when it's foggy out.

#2121 7 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Or until it goes off and wakes up your wife or gf late at night and she's ready to kick your azz! It is cool but I disabled mine because its just too loud. I may turn it on if I have company over though.

#2122 7 years ago
Quoted from crussomd:

Bulbs go out for no reason at all. You can even have a bad bulb right out of a new box. Every pinball owner should have a supply of #555 and #44 bulbs on hand. I buy the boxes of 100 from PBL to save money.

#2123 7 years ago

I had a feeling that lamp was an LED so I checked the manual and it's this one:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/112-5033-08

you can use any 6v #555 pinball LED from cointaker, comet, marco, etc. just picking marco since they had the product number.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Bulbs go out for no reason at all. You can even have a bad bulb right out of a new box. Every pinball owner should have a supply of #555 and #44 bulbs on hand. I buy the boxes of 100 from PBL to save money.

#2124 7 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

the screaming is awesome! I like the way the face melts! to the bone!

#2125 7 years ago

When I was at RetroVolt Arcade in Redlands for their grand opening (3 hours) I heard the scream 4 times. Just had an LE and Prem on while working at the Museum of Pinball for 8 hours and never heard it. Maybe it's disabled at MoP but I doubt it.

Is the scream random?
Is it part of attract mode?
Does it happen when someone is playing?

FYI - I get my Prem on March 25. Thanks for helping.

#2126 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

When I was at RetroVolt Arcade in Redlands for their grand opening (3 hours) I heard the scream 4 times. Just had an LE and Prem on while working at the Museum of Pinball for 8 hours and never heard it. Maybe it's disabled at MoP but I doubt it.
Is the scream random?

The scream I believe is random
I don't think it's part of the attract mode
Happens when you are playing
You also have to disable it in the adjustments settings. It's called scare feature and it's default is set to on.

#2127 7 years ago

I thought I heard it in attract mode but I could be wrong.

#2128 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

And it's in the house

Well damn, I have 265660. How are you liken' it so far?

#2129 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Is the scream random?

We left it turned on after updating to V1.11 because according to stern....

Tweaks
- Made scare feature more rare

Thought it may be fun to hear it go off every now and then. But it went off probably 9-10 times during the first session and it was just annoying to me and most other people it seemed.

When I updated to v1.13 shortly after opening, I disabled scare mode. Not a fan of it personally.

#2130 7 years ago

Thinking of getting GB pro next week.

Where can I get the cliffy protectors for this? Looking for the out hole, shooter lane, and storage facilty.

Thanks.

#2131 7 years ago

I've had my GB Premium for over 2 months now and am really enjoying it. What a fun game!

#2132 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's coded (but not the true wizard mode; "Are You a God?" isn't coded yet). Tough to reach on location if Slimer doesn't register, you're not making skill shots, and scenes must be completed to move up the ladders.

It's a multiball when you get all the modes. You make lit shots, then lock balls in both left and right scoops to start Loopin' Supers. The animations and sounds are cool (hopefully more speech will be added).

#2133 7 years ago

Looks like I'll be picking up a GB Premium next weekend. It was new in box back in October. I have seen pics of the machine and the insets look good after about 100 plays.
Is it my understanding that insert issues have been resolved on these later runs, or is it hit and miss? Very excited about joining the GB group!

#2134 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Is it my understanding that insert issues have been resolved on these later runs, or is it hit and miss

Hit or miss

#2135 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Looks like I'll be picking up a GB Premium next weekend. It was new in box back in October. I have seen pics of the machine and the insets look good after about 100 plays.
Is it my understanding that insert issues have been resolved on these later runs, or is it hit and miss? Very excited about joining the GB group!

I havent heard but maybe one or two with ghosting problems after September so I think its pretty much been resolved. There is always going to be playfields that ghost because theres just no way you can have 100% perfection on a playfield, but I think the issue that was causing so many ghosting playfields has been resolved. You couldn't have picked a better game, congrats!

#2136 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Where can I get the cliffy protectors for this? Looking for the out hole, shooter lane, and storage facilty.
Thanks.

head to Cliffy and ask him for a set for GB, but don't think there is anything yet for the Storage Facility

http://cliffysprotectors.com/

#2137 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I havent heard but maybe one or two with ghosting problems after September so I think its pretty much been resolved. There is always going to be playfields that ghost because theres just no way you can have 100% perfection on a playfield, but I think the issue that was causing so many ghosting playfields has been resolved. You couldn't have picked a better game, congrats!

Thanks! My path to GB is interesting, but probably not unheard of. When it was first released by Stern I HAD to have the Slimer LE. However, I ended up backing out and going elsewhere with my collection due to the poor CQ. Now, an opportunity has presented itself to add a premium to the collection and I'm going to give it a shot.

#2138 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Mountain gamer . When do you order yours?

I had been in contact with JJ on and off the last few weeks - we talked again last Monday - I ordered it then, and they delivered it that Friday.

#2139 7 years ago

How did you get it so quick? I've been waiting months for my premium.

#2140 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Well damn, I have 265660. How are you liken' it so far?

Right on - cheers Chuck!
Definately a tough game - the gap between the flippers is huge - are people actually drilling the playfield & installing a center post like on WOZ? I wonder how much different longer flippers look and feel playing the game? I'm installing the cliffy set tonight & gonna order a guard to stop the hops off the stand-ups. Overall it looks awesome, but hard as hell out of the box. I've only gotten multiball once so far from the locks which is frustrating - I know - play better!

#2141 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

How did you get it so quick? I've been waiting months for my premium.

Sorry Bent - JJ had a few coming in and one was available so I jumped on it.... sounds like they have the earlier issues worked out and are starting to ship again - hope you get yours soon!

#2142 7 years ago

Right on - cheers Chuck!
Definately a tough game - the gap between the flippers is huge - are people actually drilling the playfield & installing a center post like on WOZ? I wonder how much different longer flippers look and feel playing the game? I'm installing the cliffy set tonight & gonna order a guard to stop the hops off the stand-ups. Overall it looks awesome, but hard as hell out of the box. I've only gotten multiball once so far from the locks which is frustrating - I know - play better!

Enjoy your game. Getting the ball under control is the key to doing anything in GB. Dead flip, use your skill shot to start modes, and shoot the middle yellow Ghost target front the left flipper only.

Pinball Life sells a kit that protects from balls jumping over the inlane rails and has an option for a center post suspended above the play field. That will make it play easier for sure. They are currently out of stock. Email terry at PL for info as to when they will get restocked. I would move your outlane posts in for now. The one on the right is a bit of a PITA since you have to loosen the ramp to get to it.

#2143 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.

Reachout to Cliffy and he'll hook you up.

#2144 7 years ago

Right on - cheers Chuck!

dont drill your PF !
as said above, or you choose to go for the lane protection with the center post, or you choose the "carrot" flippers (which i did), its only few millimeters greater, just enough/perfect to make the game "playable/enjoyable" for evbd

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/110304160913314353072/album/AF1QipNx_IU9D_O2JibvP1kLUyv2Nck0rTA7isZiqWJI/AF1QipNQrSNSfInAt0I0b3WTlIgT4VILps1ZzIOXQgAY

#2145 7 years ago

I have a PBL Set, I was going to bundle with an airball protector and put up later...
$75 is the cost to get both from vendors......$59 ship for both, if one needs.

#2146 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Is it a pretty easy install or a PITA? Anyone have pics of them installed in their GB? My Pro is going strong with no PF issues...October playfield and Nov. build. LOVE this machine. Wish I could afford the topper

#2147 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There is always going to be playfields that ghost because theres just no way you can have 100% perfection on a playfield,

Well I wouldn't go that far, my GB Pros pf is perfect after about 800 plays.

#2148 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have a PBL Set, I was going to bundle with an airball protector and put up later...
$75 is the cost to get both from vendors......$59 ship for both, if one needs.

Pm sent Art!

#2149 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Is it a pretty easy install or a PITA?

The only protector that's kind of a pain in the ass to install is the one right by the ball trough. You have to pound out these two bolts from underneath the playfield and loosen the ball guide. Definitely check out this video if you haven't done something like this before. It's very helpful:

#2150 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Is it a pretty easy install or a PITA? Anyone have pics of them installed in their GB? My Pro is going strong with no PF issues...October playfield and Nov. build. LOVE this machine. Wish I could afford the topper

Another option is to lay down Mylar around the out hole and shooter lane. Just take the apron off and it's easy peasy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 12,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/43?hl=crussomd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.