B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 250.
#2051 7 years ago

n.i.b. older stock. with this serial number, does it include a good or a bad playfield? worth the purchase gamble? thoughts?

20170127_210817-1 (resized).jpg20170127_210817-1 (resized).jpg

#2052 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

n.i.b. older stock. with this serial number, does it include a good or a bad playfield? worth the purchase gamble? thoughts?

Not all old playfields were bad, and not all new playfields are good, so no way to know.

#2053 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That's next on my list. I want to replace the Ray Parker jr song that plays at Game Over to use On Our Own. The problem is, this clip isn't showing up in the Pinball Browser. I'm working with Olivier (the author of the Pinball Browser) to try and find it.

Do you have a list of what sound file plays where in the game? Some are in the code multiple times.

#2054 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

I have a first run Pro from the beginning of the run and my pf is perfect with about 700 plays.

#2055 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Do you have a list of what sound file plays where in the game? Some are in the code multiple times.

Can't find the clip in the standard audio file list Pinball Browser brings up. It's not from a longer clip, or parts of shorter clips put together either. It's just not there. There are plenty of other clips from that song...just not what plays at Game Over.

Olivier, the author of the Pinball Browser is looking for the clip for me. It is stored somewhere non-standard. Hopefully, he'll find it soon.

#2056 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have a first run Pro from the beginning of the run and my pf is perfect with about 700 plays.

Thanks Paul (and bhwolf). I was just wondering if there's a way to know if purchasing without seeing it (since it's in the box) is a good plan. I thought that there was a way to minimize risk by comparing serial numbers. Know what I mean?

#2057 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Thanks Paul (and bhwolf). I was just wondering if there's a way to know if purchasing without seeing it (since it's in the box) is a good plan. I thought that there was a way to minimize risk by comparing serial numbers. Know what I mean?

If it was me, I would just buy a freshly made one that has a much better chance of having a good playfield. It's the same money probably so why not get a newer one?

#2058 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's the same money probably so why not get a newer one?

Well that's the thing. It's not the same money. I can make an offer. Know what I mean?

You're right, same money it's a no-brainer, just buy a new one and get a warranty with it.

#2059 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Well that's the thing. It's not the same money. I can make an offer. Know what I mean?
You're right, same money it's a no-brainer, just buy a new one and get a warranty with it.

How much do you think that you can buy it for?

#2060 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That's next on my list. I want to replace the Ray Parker jr song that plays at Game Over to use On Our Own. The problem is, this clip isn't showing up in the Pinball Browser. I'm working with Olivier (the author of the Pinball Browser) to try and find it.

Isn't the game over sound clip only like 30 seconds? I was thinking it would be a good multi ball song to replace one of the generic sound clips that is a longer duration.

#2061 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

You'd get the same warranty with that one too.

#2062 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Isn't the game over sound clip only like 30 seconds? I was thinking it would be a good multi ball song to replace one of the generic sound clips that is a longer duration.

The problem is that most of those clips are around 30 seconds or so.....and simply loop.

For instance, on the Midnight Madness mode, the music is a 29 second loop. When I put Higher and Higher in the game, I had to create a good, 29 second, section of that song that would loop well.

#2063 7 years ago

we just installed 1.13 code on our late September 2016 build date machine. Nice to see that Stern is still working on it.

295 plays on previous software.

20170127_152136.jpg20170127_152136.jpg
20170127_152038.jpg20170127_152038.jpg
20170127_151939.jpg20170127_151939.jpg

#2064 7 years ago

Can someone point me in the right direction for the GB rule sheets or a link - can't remember where I say them a few months ago.

#2065 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Can someone point me in the right direction for the GB rule sheets or a link - can't remember where I say them a few months ago.

http://tiltforums.com/t/ghostbusters-pinball-rulesheet/1358

#2066 7 years ago

Finally found a spot for Bobby Brown's "On Our Own".

Chose the PKE mode, as it was neutral and not scene specific.

#2067 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

» YouTube video

Love it!

#2069 7 years ago

Awesome. When I get mine that's mod number one!

#2070 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Bought my GB at Christmas and it had a serial number in the same area as the one in your post. The playfield date is July 2016. Minor ghosting developed after around 200 games.
Let us know how it goes if you get it.

#2071 7 years ago

With the notorious airballs off the targets in front of the left ramp, this protector will shield the balls from launching in the air and keep them on the playfield where they belong. Airballs may look fun when you are playing, but can do some damage to fragile parts on the playfield. Chipped plastics, dented metal or broken sensitive parts ( Ecto Goggles) need to be protected as best we can. Available in Slimer green, Magenta or Clear , these are a must have for Ghostbusters owner!
Visit our store for details @ www.modfatherpinball.com

air clear resized (resized).jpgair clear resized (resized).jpg

airballs resized (resized).jpgairballs resized (resized).jpg

aiball green resized (resized).jpgaiball green resized (resized).jpg

air ecto resized (resized).jpgair ecto resized (resized).jpg

ecto protector (resized).jpgecto protector (resized).jpg

#2072 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Can't find the clip in the standard audio file list Pinball Browser brings up. It's not from a longer clip, or parts of shorter clips put together either. It's just not there. There are plenty of other clips from that song...just not what plays at Game Over.
Olivier, the author of the Pinball Browser is looking for the clip for me. It is stored somewhere non-standard. Hopefully, he'll find it soon.

I had the same idea but I thought you can't just replace the game over, you would need to replace that song everywhere...If you find asolution let us know.

#2073 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

» YouTube video

that's cool - what did you update? I have pinbrowser already and familiar with how it works....

#2074 7 years ago

If anyone is interested in NIB demo GB Pro for $4500 located for pick up in SoCal on March 19 plase PM me.
The GB Pro will be demo'd for three days at Arcade Expo March 17-19. All in, $4500.

#2075 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I had the same idea but I thought you can't just replace the game over, you would need to replace that song everywhere...If you find asolution let us know.

No, there are clips of the song all over the code. It's not one monolithic clip. The one at the end is a 12 second clip, lopped 3 times.

#2076 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

that's cool - what did you update? I have pinbrowser already and familiar with how it works....

The PKE music. 24.5 seconds long.

#2077 7 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

Let us know how it goes if you get it.

Thanks for the info! I passed on the deal. The gamble seemed too great.

#2078 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Thanks for the info! I passed on the deal. The gamble seemed too great.

Smart move! Just get a new one with a recent playfield date.

#2079 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

No, there are clips of the song all over the code. It's not one monolithic clip. The one at the end is a 12 second clip, lopped 3 times.

thanks! Do you know what the clip at the end is called b/c I would like to try replacing it.

Can you also tell me the longer PKE clip so I can do what you did too?

Thanks!

#2080 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The PKE music. 24.5 seconds long.

How long is your higher and higher clip? Could on our own potentially be placed there?

#2081 7 years ago

Hello,club Member Hawkmoon has a Question??? OK,you owners,I have tried everything and I cannot figure out how the little desk Top GB logo assembly goes together???You know,the one in the goody bag??It has two legs and the GB logo and the name Ghostbusters in black letters??Anybody???

#2082 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks! Do you know what the clip at the end is called b/c I would like to try replacing it.
Can you also tell me the longer PKE clip so I can do what you did too?
Thanks!

Sort by time and listen to 12 seconds clips and 24 second clips. You'll find it real fast.

#2083 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How long is your higher and higher clip? Could on our own potentially be placed there?

I think around 29 seconds.

You could, but Higher and Higher goes better with Midnight Madness, IMO.

#2084 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,club Member Hawkmoon has a Question??? OK,you owners,I have tried everything and I cannot figure out how the little desk Top GB logo assembly goes together???You know,the one in the goody bag??It has two legs and the GB logo and the name Ghostbusters in black letters??Anybody???

It's just decorative. Put it on your desk. Put it on a shelf. Some games have that. It just depends on how much plastic is left over on the sheet that isn't used in the game...

#2085 7 years ago

Greetings all! I've always wanted to have a collection at some point, finally started that journey recently. NIB GB Pro will be my first, but not my last. I just wanted to introduce myself since I'll obviously have a ton to learn about upkeep and maintenance going forward.

#2086 7 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Greetings all! I've always wanted to have a collection at some point, finally started that journey recently. NIB GB Pro will be my first, but not my last. I just wanted to introduce myself since I'll obviously have a ton to learn about upkeep and maintenance going forward.

Congrats.....you wont be disappointed in GB at all, Ghostbusters rocks!

#2087 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

It goes together like this:

gb1 (resized).jpggb1 (resized).jpg

gb2 (resized).jpggb2 (resized).jpg

#2088 7 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Welcome to the hobby, and welcome to Pinside!

#2089 7 years ago

AtTheArcade,Thank,you!!The clear piece of plastic that holds them together,was NOT included with my stuff! No wonder I couldn't figure it out!!

#2090 7 years ago

Well I am officially a member finally! Machine looks beautiful, the switch at the top of the subway ramp wasnt registering on every shot but I bent it out a little and it registers 100% of he time now. Ghostbusters is an absolute blast! The ball does stay in the pops a long time, is there anything people do about that like maybe turn the power down on them? Can you even do that? My game is set up with the bubble in the middle where its suppose to be as far as the slope goes.

#2091 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I am officially a member finally! Machine looks beautiful, the switch at the top of the subway ramp wasnt registering on every shot but I bent it out a little and it registers 100% of he time now. Ghostbusters is an absolute blast! The ball does stay in the pops a long time, is there anything people do about that like maybe turn the power down on them? Can you even do that? My game is set up with the bubble in the middle where its suppose to be as far as the slope goes.

Try getting it up to 7.1 degrees at that setup on mine the pops work great. If you are using the bubble peg it to the top. Front legs down the whole way and back legs up almost the whole way.

#2092 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It really CAN sit in there forever. Somebody posted a video of a ball seeming to stay in there pounding away for what seemed like forever but was probably 3 or 4 minutes. Imagine the PF damage that will eventually do. There's been some tips over here on how to fix this wonderful design

I can remember when people claimed TWD kept the ball in the pops too long...

#2093 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Tips:
Set the bubble high between the lines
Update to the latest code . I'm not sure if there is any code in for it, but Stern
could add a timer to stop the pops for a few seconds after a set time limit letting the ball out.
I'm currently on 1.13 about 7 degrees and I don't ever see sustained pops.
(Mine is a premium which could be different than the pro in regards to pops behavior)

#2094 7 years ago

Wasn't the usual way of cancelling the pops to hold in both flipper buttons? Or was that just Timeshock? Ha.
You could cancel the Ball Lock light with that method too as I remember.
Must be pretty simple to implement.

#2095 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats! I'm also really enjoying mine, but there is definitely some dialing-in to do in the beginning. I had the same switch issue on the right orbit and am experimenting with bending the metal. My right ramp switch also doesn't register 100%. Any ideas there besides bending the switch? Could some of these issues be software related?

#2096 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Tips:
Set the bubble high between the lines
Update to the latest code . I'm not sure if there is any code in for it, but Stern
could add a timer to stop the pops for a few seconds after a set time limit letting the ball out.
I'm currently on 1.13 about 7 degrees and I don't ever see sustained pops.
(Mine is a premium which could be different than the pro in regards to pops behavior)

Thanks for the tips Chuck, I have the Premium as well. Two other things I did was lower the trough eject to the lowest setting which is 175 I believe and my left scoop was shooting the ball right between the flippers and I remember someone saying to put that on 22 I believe. I did that and now that issue is fixed also. Im definitely going to add a little more slope to the playfield like you suggested when I get home today.

#2098 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Congrats! I'm also really enjoying mine, but there is definitely some dialing-in to do in the beginning. I had the same switch issue on the right orbit and am experimenting with bending the metal. My right ramp switch also doesn't register 100%. Any ideas there besides bending the switch? Could some of these issues be software related?

Thanks Spelunk! I really love this pin and can't wait to get it dialed in just perfect. Wonder how hard the Stay Puft mode is to get to? I'm guessing that's the wizard mode right?

#2099 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wonder how hard the Stay Puft mode is to get to? I'm guessing that's the wizard mode right?

I'd call it a mini wizard mode.

#2100 7 years ago

I'm in!!!

IMG_5624 (resized).JPGIMG_5624 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/42?hl=archon9000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.