B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 250.
#2001 7 years ago

My wife got hers today

IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG

IMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPG

IMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPG

#2002 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Has anyone heard some of the new call outs on code 1.13?
I have only noticed the SFM call out so far, but I'm also not that good to get any further.

Listen when you hit the PKE stand ups on the left.
There is also a new call out for Staypuft mode as well but that takes some time to get to.

#2003 7 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

My wife got hers today

That ought to keep her happy for a while.

#2004 7 years ago

Her favorite pin by far

#2005 7 years ago

Does anyone care to share what the street price is on a NIB Pro these days?

#2006 7 years ago

Anyone else find that their elbows hurt after playing this game?
I love this game, and playing it has improved my flipper skills quite a bit...and maybe my nudging too....
Just finished a few games, stopping on a 800m score, my best so far on the newest code, but still not the 2.7b I had previous. Guess I'll keep playing!

#2007 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Has anyone heard some of the new call outs on code 1.13?
I have only noticed the SFM call out so far, but I'm also not that good to get any further.

There are quite a few new call outs. I played with headphones last night and noticed many more than when playing without. It's funny how a seemingly small update with callouts properly placed can make the game seem much more complete. Not saying that they won't add new things (which I think they certainly will) - if they have sold 2,000 GB games so far (the speculation) it is seemingly is the fastest selling Stern title in a long time... they will support it wide solid code.

#2008 7 years ago

Hey random question... I'm going to install a green light mod in the Library scoop. I took a reading with my multi meter for the general Illumination lights under the Library (so I can link up to them in parallel) and my meter is reading 10V? I thought most GI lights ran on 6.5V?

Think my meter is off? Am I testing the wrong way? or are there 10V GI lights in the new machines and I just didn't know? I'm a little hesitant to hook up my super bright green if its just gonna get immediately fried...

Thanks

#2009 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Does anyone care to share what the street price is on a NIB Pro these days?

$5200

#2010 7 years ago

6000€ ...

#2011 7 years ago

Well, I went ahead and Hooked it up anyway. Voltage meter reads 10V and the LED says its a 6.5V bulb... but seems to be working fine so far. I guess worst case scenario it burns out fast and I need to buy another with a resistor.

Green (resized).jpgGreen (resized).jpg

#2012 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Well, I went ahead and Hooked it up anyway. Voltage meter reads 10V and the LED says its a 6.5V bulb... but seems to be working fine so far. I guess worst case scenario it burns out fast and I need to buy another with a resistor.

Every bulb in spike games are 6v even flashers. Should be good.

#2013 7 years ago

Ouch! Seems steep for a pro.

Thanks for sharing.

#2014 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

well now I gotta figure out why my meter reads 10V. :-/

#2015 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Flashers are 5v

#2016 7 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

How would people feel if they changed the right orbit skill shot (Start a Scene) to start a random scene, rather than WBTD? From my experience and comments I've read on various GB threads, WBTD gets kind of stale since it's the easiest scene to start(again my experience).
Lately I just start with library as my scene skill shot but that takes a bit more effort - plus it's pretty fun to just plunge, nail the right orbit, and get right into the action.
Or do others choose different skill shots and am I the minority here?

I think a random scene instead of WBTD would be a welcome change!

#2017 7 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I think a random scene instead of WBTD would be a welcome change!

WBTD is the best way to get the modes started while avoiding slimmer, and saving the High points scenes for playfield multiplier opportunity.

my strategy is that WBTD is a perfect opener to the game. It's (arguably) the easiest skill shot for a start scene, and its not worth many points. and you get to avoid slimer. The fact its not worth many points is important because of your options on how to finish WBTD:

1: I always try to complete WBTD in this order: Main ramp, then right orbit, then left orbit. This leaves you open to choose your next scene, rather than auto-starting We Got One or Spook Central. At this point, I try to hit the Library, or start We Got One if i have to. I try to avoid starting Spook Central. Once my first Ball drains, on my second Ball (or third, however long it takes) I try to hit the "K" skillshot, to light Multipliers. Once both multipliers are lit, THEN I try my best to start Spook central. When it starts, dont skip the cinematic, dead flip and trap the ball, and hit the main ramp your first try for 15Mil x 6 jackpots for the mode. If you can pull this off, its huge points.

2: if I loose the ball during WBTD, I try to hit the "K" skillshot. If I'm successful, I try to immediately start Spook Central for the above reasons.

I would be sad If Big points opportunities like Spook Central or Spooked Librarian started randomly without my chance to light multipliers first.

For a while i was trying to hit Library and Back Off Man first to light WCWS mode as fast as possible, (hopefully with multipliers) but I found those modes are actually quite punishing if you are not on your game. and honestly I'm not the most reliable shooter.

#2018 7 years ago

yep, finally some nice & quite various strategies in this game

just got a marshmallow mode going with in X3 starting shoot, that was 150.000.000 per shoot than ... according to your stragegy and having the PF in X6, this would have become some +/- 1B shoots in the mode

for those who're playing in DUO, its very fun now about the mass hysteria, as in fact it should be more easy while controlling only 1 flipper each, but its a complete mess all over, pure fun, laugh & adrenaline (tanx my son for these nice shared moments)

#2019 7 years ago

I had 6x going the other day with marshmallow. My last shot was worth 450m, 6x was still going but I drained.

#2020 7 years ago

Just joined a week ago. Great game.

2017 024 (resized).JPG2017 024 (resized).JPG

#2021 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I had 6x going the other day with marshmallow. My last shot was worth 450m, 6x was still going but I drained.

I think my biggest gripe with the GB software is that too much of your score is dependent on being able to hit that damn "k" skillshot and get the 2X and 3X multipliers lit. My ultimate goal with the game is not to get to one of the main wizard modes but rather to start "Stay Puft" with both 6X multipliers ready to go on the ramp and then rip 300-500 million shots and blow up the score. I've only managed to do this a couple times because that "K" skillshot is so tough to hit consistently and you may as well just throw that game away if you can't hit it because the multipliers are too difficult to light via the captive ball. I have never before played a game where the skillshot is by far the most important shot you will ever hit during the game. Because of that the game is just way too inconsistent. My best scoring games are not the one's that I played necessarily the best, but rather the ones that I lucked into hitting the K skillshot at an opportune time.

I actually think I would probably like the game better if they would just remove the playfield multiplier option from the skillshot altogether and take some of the "luck" factor out of it.

#2022 7 years ago

Anybody else see the video posted to youtube yesterday about a clip being added to the Ecto Goggles with Pinball Browser? I hadn't heard of this before.

#2023 7 years ago

I have a premium... where is the club ? I am interested to see how you customized yours and where you bought the itsms?

#2024 7 years ago
Quoted from benjibenji:

I have a premium... where is the club ? I am interested to see how you customized yours and where you bought the itsms?

This is the closest thing to an official GB Premium club ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info

#2025 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

That looks awesome!

#2026 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think my biggest gripe with the GB software is that too much of your score is dependent on being able to hit that damn "k" skillshot and get the 2X and 3X multipliers lit. My ultimate goal with the game is not to get to one of the main wizard modes but rather to start "Stay Puft" with both 6X multipliers ready to go on the ramp and then rip 300-500 million shots and blow up the score. I've only managed to do this a couple times because that "K" skillshot is so tough to hit consistently and you may as well just throw that game away if you can't hit it because the multipliers are too difficult to light via the captive ball. I have never before played a game where the skillshot is by far the most important shot you will ever hit during the game. Because of that the game is just way too inconsistent. My best scoring games are not the one's that I played necessarily the best, but rather the ones that I lucked into hitting the K skillshot at an opportune time.
I actually think I would probably like the game better if they would just remove the playfield multiplier option from the skillshot altogether and take some of the "luck" factor out of it.

Well said. The skillshot is just too damn important on GB. A guy won in league the other night by simply full plunging/dead bouncing into the scoop on every ball and just playing Don't Cross The Streams. Won the 4 player game and barely even had to flip!

#2027 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Well said. The skillshot is just too damn important on GB. A guy won in league the other night by simply full plunging/dead bouncing into the scoop on every ball and just playing Don't Cross The Streams. Won the 4 player game and barely even had to flip!

Hahaha. Awesome. So what did he end with like 150 million?

#2028 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

Anybody else see the video posted to youtube yesterday about a clip being added to the Ecto Goggles with Pinball Browser? I hadn't heard of this before.
» YouTube video

The YT video says-- "Using the Pinball Browser, I was able to add Vigo to the Ecto Goggles for the Ghostbusters Pinball."
Now this sounds like he ADDED Vigo . Was it already there? Is this clip actually visible in normal play for 1.13 ? I'm guessing not.

#2029 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

The YT video says-- "Using the Pinball Browser, I was able to add Vigo to the Ecto Goggles for the Ghostbusters Pinball."
Now this sounds like he ADDED Vigo . Was it already there? Is this clip actually visible in normal play for 1.13 ? I'm guessing not.

I think he added it because he has another video where he talks about adding a song with Pinball Browser. Not sure.

#2030 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

I think he added it because he has another video where he talks about adding a song with Pinball Browser. Not sure.

Yes. Apparently there's a cat ghost and he replaced that with Vigo. He also added Higher and Higher to midnight madness.

#2032 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Apparently there's a cat ghost and he replaced that with Vigo. He also added Higher and Higher to midnight madness.

Would be great if they duplicated the videos/images for the ectogoggles. If it picks them at random, it wouldn't mean anything different, but would allow the mod community to cone in and replace the dupes with new ones.

#2033 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hahaha. Awesome. So what did he end with like 150 million?

Yep! 158M.

#2034 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Correct. I contacted him for details-- He wrote: I added it. Replaced the cat, to be more exact.

#2035 7 years ago

did a road trip and finally picked up a new GB Pro. beautiful looking game...

I haven't played yet and noticed already probably 100 dimples (to be expected from a play test but still surprising having not played it yet). My question to those having bought new sterns, on inspecting the playfield I noticed 6-7 raised bumps in the clear where it must of had crap / dust on the playfield when curing and never buffed off. What is going to happen to these spots as that are in the main front to middle of the playfield. Will they level off or will the clear possibly crack / chip? I can't put a mylar piece on it as it will just bubble.

is this just a normal thing and will the raised bumps level out?

#2036 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

did a road trip and finally picked up a new GB Pro. beautiful looking game...
I haven't played yet and noticed already probably 100 dimples (to be expected from a play test but still surprising having not played it yet). My question to those having bought new sterns, on inspecting the playfield I noticed 6-7 raised bumps in the clear where it must of had crap / dust on the playfield when curing and never buffed off. What is going to happen to these spots as that are in the main front to middle of the playfield. Will they level off or will the clear possibly crack / chip? I can't put a mylar piece on it as it will just bubble.
is this just a normal thing and will the raised bumps level out?

My TWD Premium had ZERO dimples on the PF which shows they never playtested it...thankfully everything worked 100%. I doubt if they usually have the time to roll a ball on the PF. The testing must just be of the mechs, coils, etc.

Sorry you got a "bad" PF but the bumps (while not normal) probably won't change over time. You're just stuck with it.

It's impressive people still have the balls to buy Stern NIB. I know after all I've seen I certainly could never do it again. Maybe HUO where it can be inspected but opening the box is more anxiety-producing than enjoyable.

#2037 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

how was the slope ? even more when playing in a league !?
when i do that on mine, ball didnt go higher than the mid right slingshot...

#2038 7 years ago

That's a shame. I believe that was a picture of John Trudeau's actual cat he slipped into the game.

#2039 7 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

That's a shame. I believe that was a picture of John Trudeau's actual cat he slipped into the game.

It's a shame he replaced it? Given the whopping 3 ghosts (or maybe 4? ...not sure) I can do without the guy's cat being a quarter of the available images.

#2040 7 years ago

Here's the Midnight Madness changes.

Can't thank Olivier and his Pinball Browser enough.

Might have some more changes to post later. If anyone is interested in Vigo or anything else about this, feel free to PM me.

Enjoy!

#2041 7 years ago

Anyone use the browser to add the song on our own from second movie? If you did where did you put it?

#2042 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone use the browser to add the song on our own from second movie? If you did where did you put it?

That's next on my list. I want to replace the Ray Parker jr song that plays at Game Over to use On Our Own. The problem is, this clip isn't showing up in the Pinball Browser. I'm working with Olivier (the author of the Pinball Browser) to try and find it.

#2043 7 years ago

A friend got the scream on my Pro tonight, EVERYBODY thought it was great.

#2044 7 years ago

Feedback needed from owners that have the firehouse mod.
I have a PREM and dont tend to go crazy w/mods but interested- worth it?
And can a few of you share pics of cool shooters you installed?
Feeling a bit inspired to change that as well!

One month in and loving it so far but too many dimples....
from my wife kicking my arse on this game!!

#2045 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I love this game but agree scoring is too lopsided on the K skill shot. I often feel like game is a bust if I can't get that darn K shot!

#2046 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Feedback on from owners that have the firehouse mod.
I have a PREM and dont tend to go crazy w/mods but interested- worth it?
And can a few of you share pics of cool shooters you installed?
Feeling a bit inspired to change that as well!
Loving the game on month in so far but many dimples....
But they are mostly on my arse from my wife kicking it on this game!!
Love it!

I have the Slimer shooter from Pinball Customs. It's awesome, but a word or warning: Brock does great work, but he is slooooooow when it comes to fulfilling orders. Mine took about 5 months to receive from the time I ordered it.

IMG_1813 (resized).JPGIMG_1813 (resized).JPG

IMG_1812 (resized).JPGIMG_1812 (resized).JPG

#2047 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I love this game but agree scoring is too lopsided on the K skill shot. I often feel like game is a bust if I can't get that darn K shot!

I think the E skill shot is just the opposite, too weak. If it added 10 million to the super jackpot, then it would be worth while. I wish the P was still add 5x also.

Rob

#2048 7 years ago

Speaking of slimer, I've had limited time on GB on location is hitting slimer and hitting the green arrows worthwhile? I kind of feel I avoid him as much as possible

#2049 7 years ago

The women really love ghostbusters

IMG_0630 (resized).JPGIMG_0630 (resized).JPG

IMG_0637 (resized).JPGIMG_0637 (resized).JPG

#2050 7 years ago

I hope my lady likes it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/41?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.