IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 250.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Unavoidable. Happens with every machine, every time.
Over time, so many dimples, it begins to look flat again.

What smokedog said.
I have 4 new in box Sterns now. They all went through this process.
They look very dimpled after about 20 to 50 plays then it starts getting less and less noticeable.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from cubitron:

Pro pre-order! I check my email constantly in giddy anticipation. Any day now....right?

Yeah, people are getting their pros little by little. They're coming out a lot slower than I would have guessed they would.

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Has anyone gotten midnight madness mode? Is there a setting that needs to be enabled for it to work? I am pretty sure we should have gotten it, as we manually set the clock to 11:57 pm last night and started playing a game past the 12:00 mark and nothing happened?

We got Midnight Madness at midnight on Saturday. I just got done playing my 700 million point game, next guys starts and a few seconds in gets Midnight Madness. I didn't even know it had that in the game, otherwise I would have craddled the ball for a minute and got it myself.

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

We got Midnight Madness at midnight on Saturday. I just got done playing my 700 million point game, next guys starts and a few seconds in gets Midnight Madness. I didn't even know it had that in the game, otherwise I would have craddled the ball for a minute and got it myself.

I have set my clock up for midnight madness and been playing when midnight struck and still haven't seen this mode happen. I'm not sure if some other setting needs to be enabled, but there was a setting in a menu that stated midnight madness was enabled. I am wondering if it simply starts if you're in the middle of your game when the clock hits midnight or if there is some shot in the game that needs to be made to activate the midnight madness mode, or if I am simply overlooking some other setting in the menus

#155 7 years ago

Should just start automatically I'd guess. That's how it is in past games

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I have set my clock up for midnight madness and been playing when midnight struck and still haven't seen this mode happen. I'm not sure if some other setting needs to be enabled, but there was a setting in a menu that stated midnight madness was enabled. I am wondering if it simply starts if you're in the middle of your game when the clock hits midnight or if there is some shot in the game that needs to be made to activate the midnight madness mode, or if I am simply overlooking some other setting in the menus

He didn't do anything specific as far as I could tell, it just took over the game and started like midnight madness normally does.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

what does that mode do?

#158 7 years ago

Supposed to be a multi ball mode, has its own score keeping so there can be a midnight madness champ score separate from regular scores

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Supposed to be a multi ball mode, has its own score keeping so there can be a midnight madness champ score separate from regular scores

that's cool..thanks

#160 7 years ago

saw this on another forum:::
I was playing Stern's new Ghostbusters pin at my local comic shop last night, and during the middle of the ball the machine went black as if it had turned off. After a brief pause, the DMD started flashing "Midnight Madness." Then, the machine came back to life and launched a five-ball multiball mode. It was pretty crazy.

I looked at my phone after the balls drained and noticed it was midnight. Coincidence? To my surprise, apparently this mode has existed in several pins over the years and triggers based on the machine's internal clock hitting 12:00 AM. That's news to me.

So, that's the story. Big points for a "cheap" high score and a free game.

#161 7 years ago

LE ordered #2. First time I ordered a game without playing it. I just had a good feeling.

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

saw this on another forum:::
I was playing Stern's new Ghostbusters pin at my local comic shop last night, and during the middle of the ball the machine went black as if it had turned off. After a brief pause, the DMD started flashing "Midnight Madness." Then, the machine came back to life and launched a five-ball multiball mode. It was pretty crazy.
I looked at my phone after the balls drained and noticed it was midnight. Coincidence? To my surprise, apparently this mode has existed in several pins over the years and triggers based on the machine's internal clock hitting 12:00 AM. That's news to me.
So, that's the story. Big points for a "cheap" high score and a free game.

I wouldn't say it was "big point" for a cheap high score. The one I saw, the individual shots don't award that much. He ended up with about 40 million for that mode.

#163 7 years ago

PinB on others gb thread posted this! Good news!!
Ghostbusters LE gameplay will be streamed live NEXT WEDNESDAY (May 4) from the Stern Factory by Dead Flip at 5pm CST. Jody just announced it on Dead Flip's stream (https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip).

#164 7 years ago

Finally we will see the le.

#165 7 years ago

Awesomeness. Jack had said Premium, but great to see the LE

#166 7 years ago

premium and LE are exact same gameplay and playfield

#167 7 years ago

Can someone please post a picture of the score card? I thought there was one floating around here but I can't find it. Thank you!

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Can someone please post a picture of the score card? I thought there was one floating around here but I can't find it. Thank you!

13106037_10153644755363528_1562338546_o_(resized).jpg13106037_10153644755363528_1562338546_o_(resized).jpg

#169 7 years ago

Ordered and patiently waiting!
premiummembership.jpg.69ee7b8af296d25ce64c2974bb6b708b_(resized).jpgpremiummembership.jpg.69ee7b8af296d25ce64c2974bb6b708b_(resized).jpg

#170 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegJust in time for tonight's launch party at The Sanctum. Should be starting the party around 6. If you're in the Connecticut area come on by. 290 Pratt St Meriden CT. East Enterance.

Live streaming on the game all night. Probably be playing it for 6 hours straight at least. Tinyurl.com/thesanctum

#171 7 years ago

Spike shaker setting on my table. It is lonely and waiting for its Premium.

Thanks JJ

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Just in time for tonight's launch party at The Sanctum. Should be starting the party around 6. If you're in the Connecticut area come on by. 290 Pratt St Meriden CT. East Enterance.

I'm as interested in the giant golf tee holding the roof up in the back corner.

#173 7 years ago

I was in for a pre-pre-order slot of the LE with a distributor but gave my spot up prior to announcement to buy a Monster Bash. Back in now, this time for a Premium. The wife is really looking forward to this pin.

#174 7 years ago

Does any know how you definitively start a scene besides with a skill shot or completing slimmer?

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Does any know how you definitively start a scene besides with a skill shot or completing slimmer?

I'd be curious about this too, it doesn't seem clear.

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Those are the only two ways I know how. Nice thing is when you complete a scene, they all relight.

It's a one ball game. I just blew mine up for 6.5 billion on ball 3. Had 'The Ballroom' running with storage facility multiball. While that was happening, 'Mass Hysteria' multi started. 6 balls on the play field with reverse flippers! What a blast.

#178 7 years ago

This game is fun. Score potential is huge.

20160430_105521_(resized).jpg20160430_105521_(resized).jpg

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm as interested in the giant golf tee holding the roof up in the back corner.

Whole building is columns like that. It's crazy one. Old silver smithing factory.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Those are the only two ways I know how. Nice thing is when you complete a scene, they all relight.
It's a one ball game. I just blew mine up for 6.5 billion on ball 3. Had 'The Ballroom' running with storage facility multiball. While that was happening, 'Mass Hysteria' multi started. 6 balls on the play field with reverse flippers! What a blast.

Thanks, if you don't complete a mode how do you reactivate? Is Slimer the only way?

And If you complete the mode, then lose the ball, are all three modes still lit on the next ball, or do you have to complete the skill shot or Slimer?

#181 7 years ago

Ghost target then bash Slimer until he rises. Keeping the ball in play is key.

After completing a mode , then draining they go away.

After getting Slimer up, then draining, they will stay lit. I think.

#182 7 years ago

Or get the skill shot for the mode you want to relight.

#183 7 years ago

Just posted our Ghostbusters Pro review, we unbox it, go over the playfield a bit and have about 90 minutes of candid 2 and 3 player games.

#184 7 years ago

nice unboxing. Looks like the pro model comes with a cliffy protector on the left scoop.

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

nice unboxing. Looks like the pro model comes with a cliffy protector on the left scoop.

Yes, the left scoop is well protected. Even the ramps have good entrance coverage. I'd probably put a little mylar in and around the right saucer for the long run.

#186 7 years ago

Ghostbusters is now at East Side Pinball.

IMG_1623_(resized).jpgIMG_1623_(resized).jpg

#187 7 years ago

sad news for aussies, shipment has been delayed and the first container now not getting to Sydney until end of June..... another 8 weeks... bummer

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Ghostbusters is now at East Side Pinball.

IMG_1623_(resized).jpg

super solid line up in that pic!!!

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Just posted our Ghostbusters Pro review, we unbox it, go over the playfield a bit and have about 90 minutes of candid 2 and 3 player games. » YouTube video

Great video guys! Possibly one of the best ones that has been posted online.

Very brutal game.. but unfortunately, some of the brutality seems to be by design flaw.

Example, at 18:20, the ball literally hits the inlane guide and hops straight into the shooter lane. I have no idea why they did not correct this for production, but many people are complaining about this- hopefully Stern is aware of this and is working on a fix for current games in production.

Other than that, the game looks awesome and based on your gameplay, I don't think it drains too much.. and you even had your outlanes at stock settings. Can't wait for my LE.

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Great video guys! Possibly one of the best ones that has been posted online.
Very brutal game.. but unfortunately, some of the brutality seems to be by design flaw.
Example, at 18:20, the ball literally hits the inlane guide and hops straight into the shooter lane. I have no idea why they did not correct this for production, but many people are complaining about this- hopefully Stern is aware of this and is working on a fix for current games in production.
Other than that, the game looks awesome and based on your gameplay, I don't think it drains too much.. and you even had your outlanes at stock settings. Can't wait for my LE.

The review video was on day one, the air balls and jumping is not so bad now. It really calms down after 50 or so games, we've even waxed it since then. Its fun, it totally has the one more game appeal going for it, for me at least. On the night we filmed the review, I had one ball totally jump out of the machine, i caught it before it rolled out onto the floor. I dont think ive had anything hit the glass now since then.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The review video was on day one, the air balls and jumping is not so bad now. It really calms down after 50 or so games, we've even waxed it since then. Its fun, it totally has the one more game appeal going for it, for me at least. On the night we filmed the review, I had one ball totally jump out of the machine, i caught it before it rolled out onto the floor. I dont think ive had anything hit the glass now since then.

That's great to know !! Thanks man. I wish everyone who records or streams gameplay would use both of those angles.

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Seriously man, get some (20 or more) games in on it, especially one that has had a bunch of plays on it (like Josh states). The game does calm down, you get to know the lay out better, and you won't see nearly the amount of out lane hoping, SDTM etc. Making a statement like 'design flaw' before even a single plunge on a machine sounds like a slight towards Stern and JT, like it's their first pinball machine they've designed and built.

My scores are starting to avg around the 100 million mark, and they wouldnt be if I had a ton of SDTM our out lane cheap drains.

#195 7 years ago

I recorded a road trip solo podcast yesterday as I drove out to Colorado for the launch party. I give my thoughts on the game and how it is at this point. I'll try to get the show up tonight.

I address the ball jumping the lane guides. It happened a lot on one of the two machines, pretty much never on the other. The machine that was getting heavier play didn't have that problem, so it's definitely a thing where more plays will calm the issue down. But still, those lane guides should be an inch or two taller.

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

But still, those lane guides should be an inch or two taller.

Maybe someone with some pull could contact JT and ask him about it. I'm sure it was taken into consideration.

But then again, maybe they didn't consider it or test it and just moved straight from CAD and into production.

#197 7 years ago

In the Mezel GB mods thread, Tim said he is looking into a mod/fix that will address the ball hopping the lane guides. I'll be purchasing that for sure, glad to see the crew at Mezel addressing this.

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

After getting Slimer up, then draining, they will stay lit. I think.

This is correct. Not sure what happens if you hit a Start Scene skill shot on the next ball with them lit if they will still be lit after that if you drain again (assuming you still have ball 3 or an extra.) Like if you have a "free" Start Scene you have not used still hanging around from chasing away Slimer.

I didn't realize at first that getting Light Storage Facility from the captive ball keeps it lit through draining and everything until you start multiball. Where if you are awarded Light Storage Facility from either the pops or Tobin's it is only good for one lock. (This might be clued with lit solid vs. lit blinking like the FAQ says, I will need to check or watch gameplay video.)

#199 7 years ago

I just read that we had 400 people go through the door at the MPLS release party. WOW!!!

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just read that we had 400 people go through the door at the MPLS release party. WOW!!!

That's amazing, and depressing....because I wasn't there. That's like...I don't even know what to do with that. That's four times the amount of people that compete in a typical TPF tournament. There's no way that everyone even got to play a single game, right? Crazy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.