Topic Stats

• 7,512 posts
  • 629 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Nightmare
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,334 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

710x528_29308725_15723322_1571103682 (resized).jpg
710x528_29267126_15702769_1570683537 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308800_15723368_1571104279 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308803_15723368_1571104285 (resized).jpg
bf1ecaed04eb60860c21359dd51f4feb7a593976 (resized).png
Ghostbusters Flippers (resized).jpg
1C55D30B-9826-41A7-A056-49843875557B (resized).png
7EE32369-9377-48E8-A828-0B61232126FA (resized).jpeg
IMG_8515 (resized).JPG
CC980D64-BBDA-4A9A-A773-3CA624D39D60 (resized).jpeg
56443AD1-10A5-4FF3-86E1-A91B566FA8F2 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).png
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
screen-capture (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7512 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 151.
#1901 2 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

100% plus for Paul's Leg Light ups, I have the green on the front and I had comments on NYE with friends over who all thought they looked great and came from the factory like that

Looks really nice mate

#1902 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Took me forever. I used a open ended spanner with 1/8 at best turns to unscrew the rhs one. What it taught me was that I have a lot of patience otherwise it would have turned me into a serial killer.

Get yourself a 1/4" deep socket and you can move them with ease.

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Get yourself a 1/4" deep socket and you can move them with ease.

Yes I did for next time. Bought a whole set of deep sockets just in case

#1904 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Lower it under adjustments

One would think that the default score should be beatable though!

Rob

#1906 2 years ago

Mode start question: as an example if I am running Who Brought the Dog and I finish the mode using the left ramp then We Got One starts automatically. I wish completing a mode would then light all modes so I can shoot for what mode I want to start next. This makes it difficult to progress on one ladder as it is currently.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is that just the way it is? As I recall, this has been like this on all codes I've played (LE).

Any thoughts are appreciated.

#1907 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Mode start question: as an example if I am running Who Brought the Dog and I finish the mode using the left ramp then We Got One starts automatically. I wish completing a mode would then light all modes so I can shoot for what mode I want to start next. This makes it difficult to progress on one ladder as it is currently.
Is there a setting I'm missing or is that just the way it is? As I recall, this has been like this on all codes I've played (LE).

For any scene, just don't shoot a ladder shot as the last shot - that's just the way it is. It's wishful thinking to hope some things like this could be changed in game settings, but it's unlikely to happen.

Rob

#1908 2 years ago

Ok, we have a scream in the game... That's cool, but I have it turned off. Maybe there could be other things not so obnoxious like some maniacal laughter or other ghostly sounds. Maybe a ghostly laugh when the ball drains instead of hearing "I blame myself, so do I" for the billionth time. Even the odd "Mother Puss Bucket!" would be nice.....

There's so many good quotes: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/quotes

Rob

#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

For any scene, just don't shoot a ladder shot as the last shot - that's just the way it is. It's wishful thinking to hope some things like this could be changed in game settings, but it's unlikely to happen.
Rob

Yeah. I've started to try and finish up in different ways. I guess that is just more strategy to think about. Thanks.

#1910 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Well the only strategy to achieve what you want is to shoot either the left loop or right ramp shots as your last to complete a scene if the are part of the shot making. For example who brought the dog, shoot right loop, then left ramp, then left loop. All scenes will then be available. We got one same deal, shoot either left loop or left ramp, then right loop or right ramp, then go for left loop only.

#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Well the only strategy to achieve what you want is to shoot either the left loop or right ramp shots as your last to complete a scene if the are part of the shot making. For example who brought the dog, shoot right loop, then left ramp, then left loop. All scenes will then be available. We got one same deal, shoot either left loop or left ramp, then right loop or right ramp, then go for left loop only.

Sorry I just noticed this was covered a couple of posts earlier

#1912 2 years ago

Dec 17th date on BB.
Ready for overtime! (and protectors Art! )

IMG_0342 (resized).JPG

#1913 2 years ago

Does anyone have a good idea on where this proton pack would look good on the pf?

20170106_142812 (resized).jpg

#1914 2 years ago

I have another small batch of Terror dogs ready to ship.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-terror-dog-mod

I also released a new mod today, the Ghostbusters PKE Meter. It's designed after the PKE Meter from the original Ghostbusters and made to mount somewhere around the PKE ramp. I have a batch ready to ship tomorrow morning.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pke-meter-mod

29105670376_194c549f2a_z (resized).jpg28519922223_5471bb7a17_z (resized).jpg

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Does anyone have a good idea on where this proton pack would look good on the pf?

Yup I make some with el wires check out my thread.

IMG_2501 (resized).JPG

IMG_2499 (resized).JPG

IMG_2497 (resized).JPG

IMG_2506 (resized).JPG

IMG_2507 (resized).JPG

#1917 2 years ago

Does anyone have a good way to mount the hotwheel on the airball protector like in this pic?

a768c59e1de52e12aa9c3d68a0df4ef42ca4b778 (resized).jpg

#1918 2 years ago

I used clear Velcro. Note that you may have to place washers under the protector as it will sag due to the weight.

#1919 2 years ago

Grab a small second piece of plastic.

Drill a small hole through into car, and a standard sheet screw will hold tight.
Using a small standoff, if needed, or a clear washer, mount a few mm above the protector.

This achieves a few things.
First, the car wont bounce when an airball flexes the protector.
Second, the few mm in height, allows one to swivel into position so that the spinner doesnt hit or the ball.

Took about 5 minutes.

#1921 2 years ago

so how does everyone line their flippers up for this game. For example - the small circle located near the bottom of each flipper. I just realized my left one is lined lower than right (must been factory set like that) - but that seems odd. Feel like they either both line up the circle to the middle of the flipper or top of the flipper.

#1922 2 years ago

The dots for flipper alignment should not vary from game to game. Should be aligned with the middle of the flipper. Do you have a photo?

#1923 2 years ago

I've only been a member of the club for about a week, but I'm really enjoying the game so far. What triggers that blood curdling scream from the librarian? I've only experienced it a few times, but it's by far the loudest thing I ever heard come out of a pinball machine!!!

#1924 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've only been a member of the club for about a week, but I'm really enjoying the game so far. What triggers that blood curdling scream from the librarian? I've only experienced it a few times, but it's by far the loudest thing I ever heard come out of a pinball machine!!!

Random. Totally. And yes it's cool but I turned it off since the kids are often sleeping....

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The dots for flipper alignment should not vary from game to game. Should be aligned with the middle of the flipper. Do you have a photo?

Got it. My Metallica is lined up like that and my right flipper for gb but left must have dropped by itself BC no longer center. Will need to align. Did it in my old Williams wonder if it's there same with these new Stern's

#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Random. Totally. And yes it's cool but I turned it off since the kids are often sleeping....

I didn't even realize there was an adjustment for it. Thanks!

#1927 2 years ago

I'm going to order some speaker lights and inserts for the game. Which ones do you guys think look best? I'm strongly considering the "Slimer" ones, but I'd love to see a good pic of what they look like installed.

#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm going to order some speaker lights and inserts for the game. Which ones do you guys think look best? I'm strongly considering the "Slimer" ones, but I'd love to see a good pic of what they look like installed.

I was very close to buying the ghostbusters "ghost" logo but haven't pulled the trigger. Pretty expensive for what they are (80 shipped). I might still do it but it's not a def.

#1929 2 years ago

Are there bugs in 1.12 relating to sounds and sounds with modes? It seems like my game is a little "slow" to realize what quite is going on when handling multiple things at once (in the middle of a scene while locking a ball for instance). Also, when you bring a scene into storage facility multiple, the sounds seem to all be messed up - no multiball music, lightshow all weird, etc. Are people experiencing the same thing?

#1930 2 years ago

Anyone know a fix for the prem/Le where strong right orbit shots aren't registering?

#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone know a fix for the prem/Le where strong right orbit shots aren't registering?

Haven't seen that. Check the switch. Unless you are in multiball and a ball happens to be in the shooter lane when you hit the right orbit. Similar thing happens on GOT I believe. Maybe it's how the code accounts for it.

#1932 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Haven't seen that. Check the switch.

Switch is good. The ball is jumping the switch on strong shots.

#1933 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don't really have that issue. Check the pitch. Maybe lower coil power.

#1934 2 years ago

The speaker lights from speakerlightkits.com are by far the best thing I have added...I think it was like $69 for everything

speaker (resized).jpg

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

The speaker lights from speakerlightkits.com are by far the best thing I have added...I think it was like $69 for everything

That's super reflective on the glass. Do you use bent plastic on your game?

#1936 2 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Those are the ones I was looking to get but seem like it was 80. What do you love so much about them besides appearance? They do look good and I have a green DMD already which would really tie in.

I agree with the reflections - that would bother me. Maybe just the pic?

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have this happen too (not a lot but it happens). Low coils, pitch is fine. This game is just violent.

#1938 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm glad you asked this, because I'm having this exact same issue. The game is still very new to me, so I haven't even really opened it up to check it out closely yet. Where is the switch that registers the right orbit shot? The only one I see is the opto inside the tunnel. I think it may be some kind of bug in the code, because the hologram shot always seem to register, even when the orbit shot doesn't. Is there something I'm missing?

#1939 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm glad you asked this, because I'm having this exact same issue. The game is still very new to me, so I haven't even really opened it up to check it out closely yet. Where is the switch that registers the right orbit shot? The only one I see is the opto inside the tunnel. I think it may be some kind of bug in the code, because the hologram shot always seem to register, even when the orbit shot doesn't. Is there something I'm missing?

Ectogogles is the opto at the hologram - The right orbit is a switch just before the orbit turns right. Different switches.

#1940 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ectogogles is the opto at the hologram - The right orbit is a switch just before the orbit turns right. Different switches.

Thanks! I looked for another switch, but it was hiding back there behind the Stay Puft guy. The ball must be getting some air when it goes over the drop target and isn't fully engaging that switch. I'm not sure how to address this.

#1941 2 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

The speaker lights from speakerlightkits.com are by far the best thing I have added...

Those look great! I think I'm going to order them.

#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! I looked for another switch, but it was hiding back there behind the Stay Puft guy. The ball must be getting some air when it goes over the drop target and isn't fully engaging that switch. I'm not sure how to address this.

Do you have a cliffy protector on the drop?

#1943 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Do you have a cliffy protector on the drop?

No. I ordered some, but they haven't arrived yet. Based on what I've read here, I still haven't decided whether or not I'm going to install them. The next time I open up the game, I'll double check the target to make sure it is sitting perfectly flush.

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Are there bugs in 1.12 relating to sounds and sounds with modes? It seems like my game is a little "slow" to realize what quite is going on when handling multiple things at once (in the middle of a scene while locking a ball for instance). Also, when you bring a scene into storage facility multiple, the sounds seem to all be messed up - no multiball music, lightshow all weird, etc. Are people experiencing the same thing?

I think it's just sterns spike system. My gotle can be slow to register everything when you have multiple things happening at once.

#1945 2 years ago

I simply love the appearance of them! I love lights LOL, LED legs and shooter rod are next! Then probably undercab lights

They do reflect heavily on the glass and I do have the bent plastic deflector for it....

I did also add two of the Terror Dog mod's and they are nicely done!

Haven't even gotten a billion yet....900,000,000 is my best so far....though I did get 1bil+ at the show in IAAPA

AWESOME game!!

#1946 2 years ago

man - that reflection alone will prevent me from getting them but DAMN they look good!

what is this bent plastic deflector? Where did you get?

#1947 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

man - that reflection alone will prevent me from getting them but DAMN they look good!
what is this bent plastic deflector? Where did you get?

Takes the glare off the glass Pinballlife has them best money you will ever spend 7$

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Takes the glare off the glass Pinballlife has them best money you will ever spend 7$

done and done - thanks. How do you apply it btw? It goes in front of the DMD?

#1949 2 years ago

btw - does anyone know the part that you screw on which keeps the plastics in line? For example - plastic goes over the metal posts then you screwn these on so the plastic doesn't move. They are throughout the game - I need extra ones. Anyone know size/where they are on pinball life? Thanks in advance.

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

btw - does anyone know the part that you screw on which keeps the plastics in line? For example - plastic goes over the metal posts then you screwn these on so the plastic doesn't move. They are throughout the game - I need extra ones. Anyone know size/where they are on pinball life? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if you mean washers or stand-offs .
Do you mean hex post you see around the game? can you show a picture of what you want?
SO1 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Olive Branch, MS
There are 7512 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 151.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside