Topic Stats

• 9,020 posts
  • 728 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 275 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,708 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E568AAF9-992C-4759-9EB6-6A103C43F049 (resized).jpeg
20210103_155327 (resized).jpg
E62D3A0D-6CB3-4F22-8BBF-1495E6AC1503 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210114_235214477 (resized).jpg
A8BA14B2-038F-4494-BEBE-10E831DACC36 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
50FAD40F-1B49-4B9D-A315-9F06743691B7 (resized).jpeg
48EAD4DF-B9F4-465C-B53D-D2AB6A589B98 (resized).jpeg
6FA4CCC7-8CFE-45F7-B0F8-7A2E82FFB273 (resized).jpeg
14AD83D4-8805-495E-85D9-ECFBDE7DA3E5 (resized).jpeg
60D0B9EE-A8B2-44AD-B004-7F424F1866B8 (resized).jpeg
6E53267D-4B45-40A7-AC78-F6793B566B3C (resized).jpeg
5EAB581F-5E9F-4039-A33E-C1142A3F9DF0 (resized).jpeg
deadflipimage002 (resized).JPG
deadflipimage (resized).JPG
PXL_20210108_023301238 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9020 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 181.
#1701 4 years ago

image (resized).jpeg

#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ultimately, it's the designer at the end of the
line, but these issues are all solved.

Captive ball issue is fixed but how were the airballs off targets and balls jumping the inlane wires fixed? Mine was built a month ago and still has these 2 issues. I had a game today where 3 balls in a row jumped the inlane wires right into the outlane.

#1703 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

how were the airballs off targets and balls jumping the inlane wires fixed?

Not fixed at factory, but solved by users. Airballs by fitting plastic protectors. Inlane wires by getting under the playfield and punching them out a couple of mm.

#1704 4 years ago

I've heard some inland rails on games are not as high as others.
Equally. A pic from a user, where the playfield was dimpled different in the sense that the ramp and targets are about 6mm different.
Either that or the left captive ball lower.

Solutions, albeit plastics, or raising rails.

To me, not as big a deal, because even Samsung released exploding phones, iphone, etc. It would be nice if everything was perfect,
but I've long learned the world doesn't work that way.

#1705 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

can someone post the link to the airball protector pattern? Thanks

Saw your post ... let me know if you need help. This is one I made. Works like a charm

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=mt45#post-3318091

#1706 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

To me, not as big a deal, because even Samsung released exploding phones, iphone, etc. It would be nice if everything was perfect, but I've long learned the world doesn't work that way.

Big difference

Apple and Samsung will do what's necessary to fix it, they won't continue sending out defective phones, especially if they are aware of a fix.

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Big difference
Apple and Samsung will do what's necessary to fix it, they won't continue sending out defective phones, especially if they are aware of a fix.

First off - both companies have continued to sell phones with issues. The exploding battery issue? No they stopped but that's because that can literally kill someone. A pinball machine that breaks a plastic or drains your ball too fast can't. Not comparable.

#1708 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Big difference

Of course there are differences.
Look at annual sales and volume of units.
The point was even giant companies can release a product with issues.
If the discussion is moved to how issues are handled, while no one here or consumer would be happy, there are reasons.
As consumers, we can choose not to buy.

This is not meant as a defense for Stern, but more a conveying that social media, can magnify and distort issues.

Ex. One person only, so far, has reported an airball breaking their Goggle's. I have 8 requests to offer a plastic.

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Just got back home from the York show. Played a few games on the premium Cointaker had there. I dont think the add ons on premium compared to pro add any fun and they definitly made game feel slower then a pro. Magna slings were the worst addon.

LOL

Nonsense.

#1710 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

One person only, so far, has reported an airball breaking their Goggle's.

I thought it was 2.

#1711 4 years ago

Could be, Ive seen one, and no target air ball protection was present.

Youll need to find the other, if you wish, and we can see if that one is the first to happen with
target protection.

#1712 4 years ago

I looked at my Ecto Goggles. But there is a plastic right in front of the display - i think it is numbered 75 - that should be sufficient to hold those airballs or is not?

#1713 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I looked at my Ecto Goggles. But there is a plastic right in front of the display - i think it is numbered 75 - that should be sufficient to hold those airballs or is not?

Nope. It's paper thin. Screen crushes behind it.

#1714 4 years ago

You can just add an extra layer to that with lexan? I thinks for looks a better solution.

#1715 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

You can just add an extra layer to that with lexan? I thinks for looks a better solution.

Not a bad idea.

#1716 4 years ago

First picture is from August 10th, 2nd picture from today October 3rd. 5 ghosted inserts and not slowing down at all. April build date.

20160810_103327 (resized).jpg

20161003_092155 (resized).jpg

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

First picture is from August 10th, 2nd picture from today October 3rd. 5 ghosted inserts and not slowing down at all. April build date.

Does the insert feel flat?

#1718 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Does the insert feel flat?

No there sunk in. On one of these ghostbusters threads i showed a metal flat ruler with a flashlight behind it on the playfield over top of one of my ghosted inserts and you could see the insert i was showing was sunk.

#1719 4 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

So I assume you contacted your distributor or STERN with pics?

#1720 4 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

So I assume you contacted your distributor or STERN with pics?

Definitely! Im in the replacement program. I just wanted to show how the ghosting has progressed over last few months.

#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

No there sunk in. On one of these ghostbusters threads i showed a metal flat ruler with a flashlight behind it on the playfield over top of one of my ghosted inserts and you could see the insert i was showing was sunk.

Wow!!

#1723 4 years ago

I will be joining next week!! Actually found 1 local for sale.

#1724 4 years ago

Hell Yeah! Stacked SFMB with PKE into MHMB. Had all the modes beat but 2, ballroom and staypuft.

20161005_143326 (resized).jpg

#1725 4 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hell Yeah! Stacked SFMB with PKE into MHMB. Had all the modes beat but 2, ballroom and staypuft.

I aint gonna play you for money that's for sure.

#1726 4 years ago

I may be crazy but it doesn't seem like orbits register for modes after starting a MB. Just me?

#1727 4 years ago

So, I was considering swapping out all of the rubbers for a longer lasting alternative (titan/silicone rings), but as I'm looking at the game- there are a lot of plastics that would have to be removed (and probably the entire ramp) - replacing the rings appears to be an immense project.

This is my first machine, so I have nothing to really compare it to - but is replacing rubbers normally a fairly labor intensive task? Or is it more challenging on a GB? Or are there some easy steps that I'm simply not thinking about here?

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I may be crazy but it doesn't seem like orbits register for modes after starting a MB. Just me?

I have noticed if a ball just shoots out of the shooter lane the right orbit won't register if it hits the switch as the ball is being launched.

#1729 4 years ago

Im in just picked up a pro on Craigslist

IMG_6513 (resized).PNG

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from jasino313:

So, I was considering swapping out all of the rubbers for a longer lasting alternative (titan/silicone rings), but as I'm looking at the game- there are a lot of plastics that would have to be removed (and probably the entire ramp) - replacing the rings appears to be an immense project.
This is my first machine, so I have nothing to really compare it to - but is replacing rubbers normally a fairly labor intensive task? Or is it more challenging on a GB? Or are there some easy steps that I'm simply not thinking about here?

I have shopped and sold a few games to help afford the hobby. Some games require all the ramps removed. Normally with a 10 plus year old game I end up performing a complete strip clean wax etc.
I have noticed data east and sega to require more disassembly. And those half rubber posts. Since stern is essentially the same company. I would say this is normal.

In a average game when the rubbers need replacing it's not a bad idea to clean and wax everywhere when you can. It's due.
Fortytwo

#1731 4 years ago
Quoted from jasino313:

It took me 3 hours on a Premium/LE to change the rubbers.
The hardest spot is to the right of the ramp, this required 4 screws from below to drop the slimer
mech. maybe I did it wrong, but one of the easier ones to do.

#1732 4 years ago

I've been preparing for the coming of Gozer for months, and today's the big day!

If anyone needs me, I'll be looking out my window every 30 seconds, anxiously waiting to see the destructor's chosen form.

#1733 4 years ago

Woooooooooooooo!

IMG_1660 (resized).JPG

IMG_1662 (resized).JPG

#1734 4 years ago

WELL! You've had it for 5 hours so let's see it already!!

#1735 4 years ago

I'll post some much better pics tomorrow, but here's one I snapped right after I installed the speaker grills.

IMG_1677 (resized).JPG

#1736 4 years ago

looks great! Where did you get those speaker panels?

#1737 4 years ago

Beat Stay Puft.

IMG_0759 (resized).JPG

#1738 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

looks great! Where did you get those speaker panels?

www.speakerlightkits.com

#1739 4 years ago

So I want to add slimer speaker inserts to my le, anyone know where to get them? I saw a specific one but they don't seem to be available

#1740 4 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

So I want to add slimer speaker inserts to my le, anyone know where to get them? I saw a specific one but they don't seem to be available

They have them available at the link I posted above.

www.modfatherpinball.com also has a slimer design, that appears to be in stock.

#1741 4 years ago

Yeah I saw his and the ones at speakerlights, I really like the ones at pinbal.center but can't seem to find them here.

#1742 4 years ago

Coming soon as reported from Pinball Paparazzi FB page..coming soon (resized).jpg

#1743 4 years ago

I saw the new movie last night. Almost all the jokes were just not funny (at all) and Chris Hemsworth's character was absolutely atrocious (at trying to be funny). The girls themselves were ok for the most part. I did like the slimer part though.

Rob

#1744 4 years ago

Some more pics of my new Premium:

IMG_2446 (resized).JPG

IMG_2460 (resized).JPG

IMG_2490 (resized).JPG

IMG_2491 (resized).JPG

IMG_2523 (resized).JPG

#1745 4 years ago

How u liking the prem 30fathomdave? Does it play a lot different than the pro ? looks nice

#1746 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

How u liking the prem 30fathomdave? Does it play a lot different than the pro ? looks nice

Thanks! I played a Pro pretty much all weekend at CAX this past July, and I loved it, but the Premium destroys it IMO. The right ramp, subway, magna slings, and ecto goggles are badass.

#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from jasino313:

I put the clear silicone rings on my Pro. It took about 3 hours. I had to take off the ramp to do it. You also have to take off Slimer which was kind of a pain. There is a nylon spacer on one of the pivots that fell off and it took me a while to sort out where it came from. Other than that I just did it a section at a time. It also let me get some wax into areas that you normally couldn't If you've shopped pinballs before it's not that big a deal. Just take your time..

#1748 4 years ago

Where did the nylon spacer go?

I found one same, after changing out rubbers, and couldnt find its home..........

#1749 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Where did the nylon spacer go?

I found one same, after changing out rubbers, and couldnt find its home..........

On the left side of the front pin in the bracket. I took pics before I started but had to put them on the PC to see them clearly. Looking at them on the phone wasn't cutting it. See pic...

0918161126 (resized).jpg

#1750 4 years ago

Some pics to help you decide if you want to get the Hot Wheels classic Ecto models..

IMG20161011083047 (resized).jpg

IMG20161011082852 (resized).jpg

IMG20161011082931 (resized).jpg

IMG20161011082758 (resized).jpg

IMG20161011082702 (resized).jpg

IMG20161011082601 (resized).jpg

IMG20161011082504 (resized).jpg

IMG20161011082210 (resized).jpg

IMG20161011082052 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Martinez, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
There are 9020 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 181.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside