IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 250.
#1601 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Where is the score that goes with those initials?

IMG_0538 (resized).JPGIMG_0538 (resized).JPG

#1602 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

While Kevin is busy with craft projects I'm busy playing.

Cute. Here's something for you to work toward.

gb (resized).jpggb (resized).jpg

#1603 7 years ago

So how does the depth of GB compare to Star Trek? My ST pro is my first, and only, pin. I'm trying to understand more about the code before I pull the trigger. The Hobbit would probably be as deep as deep can get but I also want to be able to have an enjoyable game that doesn't take two hours to complete.

Are the modes very linear? Does it get repetitive? Does it feel like there's always more to do and figure out? Are there better options than GB if I want a lot of modes and variety?

I've got all of ST figured out but haven't made it to Five Year Mission yet, but reaching Amok is something I can do more and more with a good game going. I've had it for about fifteen months and have 2500 plays on it.

I need to balance what I buy with some sense of family friendly. Walking Dead is out on the family front and Game of Thrones, which I liked playing, is a theme I know nothing about.

#1604 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

So how does the depth of GB compare to Star Trek? My ST pro is my first, and only, pin. I'm trying to understand more about the code before I pull the trigger. The Hobbit would probably be as deep as deep can get but I also want to be able to have an enjoyable game that doesn't take two hours to complete.
Are the modes very linear? Does it get repetitive? Does it feel like there's always more to do and figure out? Are there better options than GB if I want a lot of modes and variety?
I've got all of ST figured out but haven't made it to Five Year Mission yet, but reaching Amok is something I can do more and more with a good game going. I've had it for about fifteen months and have 2500 plays on it.
I need to balance what I buy with some sense of family friendly. Walking Dead is out on the family front and Game of Thrones, which I liked playing, is a theme I know nothing about.

Sounds like you should get a Spiderman Vault Edition.

#1605 7 years ago

I will add that I'm a big fan of Ghostbusters, not so much super heroes.

So the theme is a win, just wondering about gameplay...

#1606 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Insipid? Please. Am I insulting anyone? Look at the people who've spent years of their lives being negative about MMr - what's their motivation? Pure greed, hatred of Rick, etc - THAT'S insipid. What's my motivation? I want the game to be fun so I can buy one! Oh, what a horror!!!

Obviously, you do not understand what insipid means. That's the horror.

#1607 7 years ago

I will add that I'm a big fan of Ghostbusters, not so much super heroes.
So the theme is a win, just wondering about gameplay...

The theme is fantastic, but lots of us both a Transformers based on theme, and that flat out stunk. Gameplay was worse than chopping wood. Maybe chopping forest.

Ghostbusters is NO Transformers, which is good. Modes are pretty good too. Gameplay does get repetitive because you need to work your way up the mode ladders, so you're always playing the lower modes first. Keep in mind this pin is hard as hell, so you wind up playing those same modes A LOT. There are kits you can buy to make it play easier, but it's still very tough.

IMO, Premium/LE gameplay is MUCH better than the Pro, if you're comparing the 2. Left ramp/lock and the mangnaslings are awesome.

#1608 7 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Obviously, you do not understand what insipid means. That's the horror.

You don't understand that this is a discussion forum. If you disagree with what I'm saying - DISCUSS IT! Tell me why I'm wrong - tell me why the rules are a masterpiece. Engage. If you cant do that, put me on ignore if my dissenting opinion is too much for you to handle.

#1609 7 years ago

I think ST is deeper in terms of the number of modes and the time it takes to progress through the game. GB requires more strategy however and there are more ways to attack it. You can choose to mostly ignore modes and work on building up multipliers/SF MB, and climbing the ghost ladder instead. If you play for modes though it is very linear and repetitive especially if there is a particular mode ladder that you favor. I think there is more risk/reward in GB and the scoring is much more lopsided. You can have a great game going, start loopin' supers and then have a cheap drain off a Scoleri target which prevents you from cashing in and essentially makes your game worthless. I feel I play the game to try and get to Loopin Supers and PKE Frenzy because those are the best ways to score big points but if you screw those up you are toast.... If you are able to cash in on those and have a great game going than you can really cash in on the skill-shots which can be worth hundreds of millions by themselves. I like the game but it doesn't feel as balanced or polished as something like TWD or Met does. It's also much easier to get screwed over by a cheap drain than either of those two.

#1610 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I've only had the game set up for 3 days, give me a break bro.

#1611 7 years ago

Heres something for you to work towards

20160926_125608 (resized).jpg20160926_125608 (resized).jpg

#1612 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Heres something for you to work towards

Ok, now please remove the center post kit

#1613 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ok, now please remove the center post kit

No center post here buddy...do have 500 games played though. My other scores are all 2.5Billion up to just under my 3.9 Billion score on my leaderboard. Average game for me recently has been 1 Billion. Stacking a mode with SFMB then activating PKE frenzy into MassHysteria mball helps alot if timed right. Table gets easier once setup right that kickouts feed flippers right and know all the safe shots. Plus being able to hit the right ramp consistently makes a huge difference.

#1614 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Do any of you guys have any tips for completing "Gozer" mode. I've made it there probably 12 or more times but have yet to complete it. I know you start of by building up the value on right orbit and then cash in on Right Ramp. Then you build by hitting left ramp and cash at Gozer target, but after that it seems like I try to hit what's lit and then Gozer again but it doesn't complete the mode. it usually times out for me and I'm unsure of what I'm missing? thanks!

For "Gozer" mode, I just try & complete it as fast as possible to get to the huge points that are in the final mode of that ladder (Stay Puft). When I start Gozer, I don't waste time building up the shot values. I just go straight for the required completion shots.

First, you hit the right ramp.

Then, hit the flashing center Gozer target up the middle behind the pops (this shot is easiest to make from the right flipper).

Then, you need to hit 3 lit shots (left loop, right loop, and left ramp). I save the left ramp shot for last.

After that, the final shot needed to complete the mode will be, once again, the flashing Gozer target up the middle behind the pops.

#1615 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

For "Gozer" mode, I just try & complete it as fast as possible to get to the huge points that are in the final mode of that ladder (Stay Puft). When I start Gozer, I don't waste time building up the shot values, I just go straight for the required completion shots.
Then, hit the flashing center Gozer target up the middle behind the pops (this shot is easiest to make from the right flipper).
Then, you need to hit 3 lit shots (left loop, right loop, and left ramp). I save the left ramp shot for last.
After that, the final shot needed to complete the mode will be, once again, the flashing Gozer target up the middle behind the pops.

Thanks! That's exactly what i was looking for. My mistake was not hitting the Gozer target after the right ramp and instead shooting for left ramp first. I'll try next time not to build up values and just cash out so that I can finally make Stay Puft.

On a side note, I played a few games at lunch and made We came, We saw... for the first time using the Librarian ladder. I really think that's probably the way to go for tournaments as it's fairly simple to get to (only 2 modes to beat) and offers big points!

#1616 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You don't understand that this is a discussion forum. If you disagree with what I'm saying - DISCUSS IT! Tell me why I'm wrong - tell me why the rules are a masterpiece. Engage. If you cant do that, put me on ignore if my dissenting opinion is too much for you to handle.

Your compunction of the above is noted. It has nothing on your discord, rather the frequency of understanding your steadfast anguish of a pinball game in its infancy of rules and other issues that you propagate day after day, post after post or a need to contravene after a positive post.

#1617 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

IMO, Premium/LE gameplay is MUCH better than the Pro, if you're comparing the 2. Left ramp/lock and the mangnaslings are awesome.

But you do realize the pro plays faster! /sarcasm

Rob

#1618 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

For "Gozer" mode, I just try & complete it as fast as possible to get to the huge points that are in the final mode of that ladder (Stay Puft). When I start Gozer, I don't waste time building up the shot values, I just go straight for the required completion shots.

It's kind of interesting how the early scenes are so basic and the later ones just the opposite. I wish the earlier scenes had a bit more to them as well, but then I suppose that wouldn't be good for novice players.

Rob

#1619 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

An alternate way to get Gozer is to shoot the spinner. It will bounce around in the pops and hit Gozer in the process.

#1620 7 years ago

Gozer is as far as I have made on the right ladder as well. That one is hard for sure. Only done it 3-4 times though and normally drain trying to figure out where to miss at next. Most recently, I got to it in ~45 seconds and then could not hit the Gozer shot to save my bacon. Once of these times I'll make that my only goal, finish Gozer mode. In the past it's been something I do because it was sitting right there in front of me.

#1621 7 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Your compunction of the above is noted. It has nothing on your discord, rather the frequency of understanding your steadfast anguish of a pinball game in its infancy of rules and other issues that you propagate day after day, post after post or a need to contravene after a positive post.

Don't blame the messenger. This is a $5k-$8k+ game. It's our duty as customers & fans to tell the truth & share our experiences about these frivolous and expensive toys. We're not under any obligation to blow smoke up anyone's ass.

#1622 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don't blame the messenger. This is a $5k-$8k+ game. It's our duty as customers & fans to tell the truth & share our experiences about these frivolous and expensive toys. We're not under any obligation to blow smoke up anyone's ass.

Your farcical logic equals a duty to uncover a premature code and a general conspiracy of the insight of your colleagues experience and its ownership that its a potential cover up as a shill.

... You win, mind blown.

#1623 7 years ago

If SF lock is qualified and you hit the right ramp all the way up should that give you multiple locks? I fee like this has happened a couple of time.

Just for clarification, this is on a Professional model, not a Laughably Expensive model.

#1624 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If SF lock is qualified and you hit the right ramp all the way up should that give you multiple locks? I fee like this has happened a couple of time.
Just for clarification, this is on a Professional model, not a Laughably Expensive model.

I could be misunderstanding your question, but as far as I know there is no way to lock a ball by hitting the right ramp.

#1625 7 years ago

Finally in with a pro

20160926_141740 (resized).jpg20160926_141740 (resized).jpg

#1626 7 years ago

Anyone else notice these on Marco? The library building model, I ordered one and will post on how it turns out, it appears you have to order the decal and plastic separate, and they want 30 for just the decal so maybe someone can make some on here for less?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9836-01

#1627 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Anyone else notice these on Marco? The library building model, I ordered one and will post on how it turns out, it appears you have to order the decal and plastic separate, and they want 30 for just the decal so maybe someone can make some on here for less?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9836-01

Are you sure this will fit in a Pro?

#1628 7 years ago

No, that's why I said I'd post how it works out, left side looks exactly the same dimentions I'll probably just have to drill a few holes in the plastic and rivet the model to it, my only concern is that it will cover segoneys head on the bottom of the plastic and look funny so may swap to the le plastic eventually - I'll post how it goes for those interested.

#1629 7 years ago

Just got this inside

IMG_9825 (resized).JPGIMG_9825 (resized).JPG

#1631 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

No, that's why I said I'd post how it works out, left side looks exactly the same dimentions I'll probably just have to drill a few holes in the plastic and rivet the model to it, my only concern is that it will cover segoneys head on the bottom of the plastic and look funny so may swap to the le plastic eventually - I'll post how it goes for those interested.

I'm in. Just bought a library building.

#1632 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I am certain I have seen this on the pro. Not sure if it is a bug or a feature. Not sure if it is hardware or software. I swear I had no locks once, hit the right ramp and started multiball in one shot awarding all 3 locks. This also might be a completely fabricated memory, much less time on the pro.

I could see how failure to trigger some of the lower rollovers could turn a right ramp shot into a left. But it would not give multiple locks. Glass off test anyone?

#1633 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Oh so the stripped down doesn't play like it's supposed to model

Although I do agree the prices are getting ridiculous

#1634 7 years ago

What do you do with a translucent green apron? Tie it to Slimer of course!

#1635 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

What do you do with a translucent green apron? Tie it to Slimer of course!
» YouTube video

That is awsome.
Where did you get the apron?

#1636 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Oh so the stripped down doesn't play like it's supposed to model
Although I do agree the prices are getting ridiculous

I noticed last night that if you hit the right ramp during "Who Brought the Dog" it counts as the left ramp shot. So it's possible the right ramp could qualify locks too. It is the same ramp and switches, after all, just hitting them from a different direction. Something that could be worked out in code later on I imagine, or just leave it because the right ramp is such a PITA anyways, you may as well get rewarded for actually hitting it.

#1638 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I'm in. Just bought a library building.

Nice! If you find a source for a sticker give me a shout

#1639 7 years ago

I noticed last night that if you hit the right ramp during "Who Brought the Dog" it counts as the left ramp shot. So it's possible the right ramp could qualify locks too. It is the same ramp and switches, after all, just hitting them from a different direction. Something that could be worked out in code later on I imagine, or just leave it because the right ramp is such a PITA anyways, you may as well get rewarded for actually hitting it.

Dwight says the right ramp should never light locks, but if you hit it up there and somehow don't close the lower switch, the ramp will assume it was a left ramp shot. So if you have locks lit, you will get a lock. I hope that helps.

#1640 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dwight says the right ramp should never light locks, but if you hit it up there and somehow don't close the lower switch, the ramp will assume it was a left ramp shot. So if you have locks lit, you will get a lock. I hope that helps.

I've had the right ramp count as 2 right ramp scene shots. Once for the upper switches and again for the near exit switch.

Rob

#1641 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I've had the right ramp count as 2 right ramp scene shots. Once for the upper switches and again for the near exit switch.
Rob

yeah, that is what happened on numerous occasions to me.

#1642 7 years ago

Ok, these airballs are out of control. Took my protector off to tweak it a bit and..

IMG20160928102428 (resized).jpgIMG20160928102428 (resized).jpg

#1643 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ok, these airballs are out of control. Took my protector off to tweak it a bit and..

You gonna raise hell with Stern?

#1644 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You gonna raise hell with Stern?

My distributor is cool. I'm heading over to pick up a replacement now. They should definitely make a protector though

#1645 7 years ago

My ecto goggles broke also TimeBandit, they are getting more in soon is what I'm told.

#1646 7 years ago

Stoked to get to play both pro and premium recently and I really got to say that the pro has less air balls and much, much better flow.
Magnetic sling shots are too unpredictable ( good or bad thing ) subway doesn't really add that much, in fact it seems to frustrate me, right crossover ramp is an absolute prick of a thing to hit and did I mention more air balls!
I wouldn't have thought that based on looks, but the pro really is a great game and to me the better choice. Still has a few issues that need sorting though- airballs and cheap drains

#1647 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

is there no clear plastic in front of the tft?

#1648 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

is there no clear plastic in front of the tft?

Yes there is. It's only a dust cover though. Not going to protect against and airball direct hit. The plastic is unmarked, but the screen behind it crushed.

#1649 7 years ago

I will have to devise a protector when I get my game. I'm picking up a 4 by 8 sheet of polycarbonate today, couldn't be to hard to fab something up.

#1650 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I will have to devise a protector when I get my game. I'm picking up a 4 by 8 sheet of polycarbonate today, couldn't be to hard to fab something up.

There are plenty of mounting points to choose from. I was seriously thinking of going massive and covering all the way out to the end of the ghost inserts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.