B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 250.
#1551 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Who here has le's? If so what numbers and how is the ghosting?

My original play field date sticker was removed at the factory and a handwritten 7-21 is in it's place, so I'm not sure if that means its a 7-21 built play field or if that's when it was just re-inspected. 100 + games and all is good so far, but I've had a plastic protector and cliffy's on from day one so I'm not sure If I'm prolonging any issues from appearing or if it's just not having it at this point. That said there is another person on one of these GB threads that has a July 21st play field date as well and is having all of the play field issues. Still not sure if a handwritten 7-21 on play fields means born on or reinspect.

Does anyone know what the handwritten date on side of play field is? Since there was a sticker there and it appears it was removed, I'm thinking it's a re inspection date??

#1552 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Hmm actually mine are wrap around. The side wrap and the front is a separate piece. Are they shipping them now as 3 pieces with no overlap?

My Pro is a first run and it has the same wrap around.

#1553 7 years ago

Here is a pic of the new side stickers. No wrap around.

0919161725 (resized).jpg0919161725 (resized).jpg

#1554 7 years ago

My Premium should arrive next week. I'll be putting in the airball plastic that fella made (forget his name but they look great) and pinball life's kit plus art blades.

Centre post will go in because of the pro I played and the guru that is TILT can sort out slimer and the out kickers.

Fuck man I am twitching to get it now it's almost here

#1555 7 years ago

Anyone else have a draining problem from the right side. I've leveled my machine put it on the right pitch adn yet when I do a ramp shot the ball exits the ramp with a wicked backspin and directly goes in the outlane? I'd say this happens about 1 every 3 shots. It's driving me nuts. Any solutions?

#1556 7 years ago

One thing I'm surprised with is the cabinet art lack of lineup from front to side. Wi how awesome it is and how little of the front you see and consider there's only 4 inches to lineup. Would they have drawn the art to lineup like every other game out there?personally the last cab photo looks worse than the original. They even cut out around the shooter area. What next an all black front of cab! Bally tried it and it looked bad.

#1557 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Anyone else have a draining problem from the right side. I've leveled my machine put it on the right pitch adn yet when I do a ramp shot the ball exits the ramp with a wicked backspin and directly goes in the outlane? I'd say this happens about 1 every 3 shots. It's driving me nuts. Any solutions?

Could you modify or change the black bumper at the end of the ramp? Make it absorb more of the balls momentum and spin before it drops down?

#1558 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

You were right- the stern wire fix doesn't let the target rest forward enough to open the switch. I'll have to file it back a bit. Anyone else have this?

Do you have the metal plate completely flat on the playfield? You may need to take out the red LED behind the target to make it flat. The metal piece goes around the LED bulb socket.

#1559 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I had this on 1 out of every 5 balls through the ramp. I cut a piece of target foam (dead bounce foam) in half and placed the square of foam in the dead center of the rubber pad at the end of the ramp and it hasn't happened again.

#1560 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I had this on 1 out of every 5 balls through the ramp. I cut a piece of target foam (dead bounce foam) in half and placed the square of foam in the dead center of the rubber pad at the end of the ramp and it hasn't happened again.

Will try that tonight thanks.

#1561 7 years ago

Yeah, premium in tha house!

1474432389688 (resized).jpg1474432389688 (resized).jpg

#1562 7 years ago

First day with premium in the house and I have spent all afternoon studying the airballs off the left ramp. I am convinced I have stopped them by adjusting the flipper bat angle to normal. I'm happy to spend some time investigating and writing up the physics on it, but for now I'm happy that they are gone. And I have yet to come across a downside to having the flipper angle at normal. I am not a dogmatic person, and if I find it is not really working I will say so, and I would love to prove this idea wrong, but I seriously am not seeing them from the moment I adjusted the flippers.
For those waiting for a premium, you will NOT be disappointed (linear mode progression aside. I have not spent enough time yet to know whether this annoys me, although I have heard "who brought the dog" a LOT, haha).

#1563 7 years ago

I'm at over 2 weeks owning a GB pro, and on location at my studio lobby (we are a video game company) me and a few other employees have racked up 800+ games. Here's my thoughts:

It's challenging. I love the design of the game. It is pretty easy to teach newbies the rules (I'm always amazed how many people didn't know pinball had rules...) and its really difficult to master those shots. Currently no one has completed a 'tower' of story modes. I have read that you get the "we came, we saw, we kicked its..." multiball mode once you complete all story modes in a stack, but no one has yet managed to complete " back off man...", "The Ballroom", or "Gozer".

Its a calculated, punishing game. Which has made multiplayer a lot of fun. Its pretty difficult to trap the ball reliably. and there are not a lot of super safe shots. so even if you are being calculated and hitting high scores, a single slip up WILL end your ball. resulting in short games all around, with very wide ranges of scores at the end. Mostly people who are just flailing at the ball end up with low scores, and people who know what they are doing have high scores. despite the game times being pretty much the same.

While being challenging is great, the table also comes with some really wicked unpredictability. during the first 100-200 credits, the surface tension on the playfield did really weird things to the balls motion. The ball would bounce off a slingshot at full speed, come to a dead stop in the center of the playfield, then fall and drain. That weird surface tension seems to be wearing off, but odd spins and sudden changes in direction still happen from time to time. I've been thinking of cleaning the field and seeing if I cant buff it all to normality.

The most common way to drain balls is the outlanes. Audits showed something like 80% of drains are the outlanes. I put a clear acrylic mod over the left outlane rails, but the right guard rail is still getting jumped from time to time, ruining good games. I had to take the right side protector off because the screw that holds the end of the ramp was not long enough to accommodate the acrylic guard. I'll probably resort to taking the original artwork acrylic off in favor of the mod. which is a shame to sacrifice art for function.

Airballs are a major problem. I have ordered a mod but it has not arrived yet. I have had a LOT of great games ruined by the ball flying up and bouncing all over the place. I am really anxious to see if my games improve significantly once I don't have airballs anymore...

I also find the nearly vertical slingshots tend to slowly 'juggle' the ball upward, and after 10 or so back and forth, they almost always fire it directly into an outlane. I've taken to nudging hard whenever they start passing back and forth to break the momentum. seems to work for the most part.

The flipper gap does not bother me. Its there, and I notice it. But besides the RARE 'Straight down' from the bumpers area, I pretty much never find myself cursing the gap.

The Scoleri Bros are awesome. I fucking hate them, they ruin everything, but when I beat them and get that super Jackpot... thats a good pinball moment.

The left kicker started kicking right into the drain at some point. I lowered the power so now it just drops into the left flipper. I actually prefer it.

The right mini ramp is extremely difficult, but I forgive it because its a relatively safe shot.

The left captive ball is not very difficult to hit, but its extremely dangerous to do, and you are required to do it a lot if you want a high score. I'm really struggling with that shot at the moment. but it seems 50/50 as to whether it bounces right off into an outlane after. I tend to get my best captive ball hits by accident from the slingshots.

I think that the 'Bonus Points / HELD / Multipliers' are ruining the competitive play of the game. we are averaging 40-100 mill regularly, with the occasional 400+MILL game where we didn't even understand where those points came from. They always involve a multiball but in general the games were not very well played it was just a ton of multipliers and HELD rewards. My last game today I was pissed as my last ball drained thinking I had just played a mediocre game only to look up and see 500 Million on the scoreboard. I had like a x15 multiplier somehow...

In general I love the game. But it might be a little too punishing, and random. I want my wizard modes to be hard to get to. really hard. but I have been playing the hell out of this thing and I have not even gotten close to halfway there yet. And all my best scores were by accident. Its weird. Not getting rid of it anytime soon. and when I do, it will only be to buy a Premium for my home. Its a great game, but may not settle in my top 5 long term.

#1564 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

And I have yet to come across a downside to having the flipper angle at normal.

Try hitting the right ramp and scoop with the flippers bats set that high and let us know if it is still possible from a cradle.

#1565 7 years ago

I think the Brothers should be worth a lot more than (is it a 3X) Super Jackpot. Make them a 10X Super and then things get interesting. I avoid them every time, but making them into a valuable risk/reward would be quite a twist. Or make it an option setting...

#1566 7 years ago

That would be a nice Combo, and maybe active if both targets are dropped either without another hit
or a timer.

This would make sense.....a countdown, with reward to drop them and a menu setting that controls the time,
and a self drop, on or off at the end of the timer. Music and animation, making the Scoleri Targets a mode.

I think, it would be great to have lots of tweaks in the menu for users...the variety of options would make everyone happy, and I think more interest over the title lasting longer, and being a better seller.

Not too much code to add.

#1567 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Try hitting the right ramp and scoop with the flippers bats set that high and let us know if it is still possible from a cradle.

Right ramp is harder, definitely. It doesn't have the energy to complete unless it's a perfect shot. Scoop I've found to be no issue.

#1568 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I think the Brothers should be worth a lot more than (is it a 3X) Super Jackpot. Make them a 10X Super and then things get interesting. I avoid them every time, but making them into a valuable risk/reward would be quite a twist. Or make it an option setting...

I think the bros. should become worth more if you drop one and it returns, and so on until you nail both. Also I'd like to see delay till the other comes back increased so you can be strategic if you do in fact want to play the risk/reward game of only taking out one at a time.

#1569 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Right ramp is harder, definitely. It doesn't have the energy to complete unless it's a perfect shot. Scoop I've found to be no issue.

I brought my flippers up initially as well due to airballs. While the shots could be made, I just isn't as fun as when they are in the factory position after trying both ways out a bunch of times. The lower PKE stand up shots are near impossible to do consistently when raised. Ended up doing longer flippers and lowering back to factory specs, but in the end still getting center post kit. Highly recommend airball plastic.

#1570 7 years ago

Dammit! Started Loopin Supers the other day with the super JP at 49M, then only managed a lousy 2 ramps!

#1571 7 years ago

Joined the club

IMG_0435 (resized).JPGIMG_0435 (resized).JPG

#1572 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Dammit! Started Loopin Supers the other day with the super JP at 49M, then only managed a lousy 2 ramps!

100 million from 2 ramp shots.... That's fairly easy.. Now try getting 100 million from SFMB.

Rob

#1573 7 years ago

My best SFMB score 20160924_002545 (resized).jpg20160924_002545 (resized).jpg

#1574 7 years ago

2 new arrivals today.......weekend set for some pinball fun!!!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1575 7 years ago

29M skillshot! WTF!? What did I do? haha.

#1576 7 years ago

Skillshots are worth 10% of your total score. Easy to rack up huge skill shots if you are having a good game.

#1577 7 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

2 new arrivals today.......weekend set for some pinball fun!!!

Wow, what a great arrival pair! Have fun this weekend.

#1578 7 years ago

Does anyone ever go for the spinner or right scoop skills shots? I never, ever shoot for these. Usually I am picking scene starts if I want to play specific scenes, the 5x multiplier if I had a good bonus hold or lately the playfield multipliers for something different.

Rob

#1579 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

My best SFMB score

That's a really good SFMB score. The consensus is that 20-30 million seems average for many. It's just not a fun multiball as it is right now.

Rob

#1580 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That's a really good SFMB score. The consensus is that 20-30 million seems average for many. It's just not a fun multiball as it is right now.
Rob

Agreed, its over so quickly. The drops just get in the way and dont really enhance. Lighting the add a ball is too difficult most times IMO. It would be cool if maybe both drops started up. Knocking them down lights a super jackpot, but the jackpot grows based on how many other ghosts you collect before hitting the ramp. Each ramp shot resets the drops and ghosts. Might be more of a risk reward type game play. Who knows, maybe I just suck at the multiball and havent learned how to really focus and score points on it.

#1581 7 years ago

Will someone explain the rules with the captive balls? I understand that 2 balls will qualify locks but after that it gets a little hazy. TIA

#1582 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Will someone explain the rules with the captive balls? I understand that 2 balls will qualify locks but after that it gets a little hazy. TIA

The captive ball rules are not easy. Some things like add-a-ball and playfield multipliers require looping all the balls (3x requiring looping them all again after 2x lights). I think the left captive ball rules are the worst part of the game right now because it's just not an intuitive shot. You see something blinking, you shoot it and you still don't get anything. That can be frustrating for the player. The game display doesn't tell you anything either (that I remember).

Rob

#1583 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I'm at over 2 weeks owning a GB pro, and on location at my studio lobby (we are a video game company) me and a few other employees have racked up 800+ games. Here's my thoughts:
It's challenging. I love the design of the game. It is pretty easy to teach newbies the rules (I'm always amazed how many people didn't know pinball had rules...) and its really difficult to master those shots. Currently no one has completed a 'tower' of story modes. I have read that you get the "we came, we saw, we kicked its..." multiball mode once you complete all story modes in a stack, but no one has yet managed to complete " back off man...", "The Ballroom", or "Gozer".

...and that is why I currently hate the game. 800 games and no Marshmallow Man? To anyone who's about to say "Play Better", stop typing - this game is just a dick.

#1584 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and that is why I currently hate the game. 800 games and no Marshmallow Man? To anyone who's about to say "Play Better", stop typing - this game is just a dick.

I agree they should make it so you can start any scene you want not just the ones at the bottom of the ladder it would be a lot more fun

#1585 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have never seen one poster constantly bash a game like you. It's like you love hating this game - saying it everywhere you can (multi threads). We get it - you hate the game. Can't you stop being such a downer or at least stop posting about it?

#1586 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have never seen one poster constantly bash a game like you. It's like you love hating this game - saying it everywhere you can (multi threads). We get it - you hate the game. Can't you stop being such a downer or at least stop posting about it?

CrazyLevi has him beat.

#1587 7 years ago

I don't even own the game but managed to get to Marshmallow man on a sited GB Pro.
I wouldn't mind owning a GB down the road but there are other titles out there at the moment that interest me more.

#1588 7 years ago

Yep they definitely need to make it non linear.

#1589 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

CrazyLevi has him beat.

Hell yes he does! CrazyLevi is the King of Ghostbusters bashing. lol

#1590 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes, stop. Save your wisdom for your next battle.

#1591 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Only cheerleaders allowed? Have I ever asked anyone who thinks its perfect to stop posting? Put me on ignore if it hurts you so much to read some dissent.

#1592 7 years ago

Game is hard AF but that's one of the reasons I'm drawn to it. I'm personally going the left ramp ladder route but The Ballroom is handing me my ass on that ramp right shot, JFC.

I can see where the linear nature could get old but it just seems there are a lot of different ways to approach the game. You have 3 mode ladders to select, can go for ghost or work on building up for a killer Super Loopin run.

#1593 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Only cheerleaders allowed? Have I ever asked anyone who thinks its perfect to stop posting? Put me on ignore if it hurts you so much to read some dissent.

ok will do thanks.

#1594 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The problem is as a negative cheerleader, you never stop with the diatribe and you continue to vociferate loudly anytime a positive notion is posted. It gets insipid.

#1595 7 years ago

Put the Yeti art blades on my game this weekend. Really like how well they integrate with the back of the playfield art and the material Stern uses for the blades. I'd put a set of art blades in my Tron and these are much sturdier and seem like they'll hold up well. Almost seems like the kind of material used for video game control panel art.

Also ordered some frosted Comet sunlight LEDs to swap in for the stock GI LEDs. The bulbs the game comes with are just too harsh, especially during multiball.

IMG_6992 (resized).JPGIMG_6992 (resized).JPG
IMG_6993 (resized).JPGIMG_6993 (resized).JPG

#1596 7 years ago

While Kevin is busy with craft projects I'm busy playing.

IMG_0536 (resized).JPGIMG_0536 (resized).JPG

#1597 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

While Kevin is busy with craft projects I'm busy playing.

Where is the score that goes with those initials?

#1598 7 years ago

Do any of you guys have any tips for completing "Gozer" mode. I've made it there probably 12 or more times but have yet to complete it. I know you start of by building up the value on right orbit and then cash in on Right Ramp. Then you build by hitting left ramp and cash at Gozer target, but after that it seems like I try to hit what's lit and then Gozer again but it doesn't complete the mode. it usually times out for me and I'm unsure of what I'm missing? thanks!

#1599 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Where is the score that goes with those initials?

Baby steps

#1600 7 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

The problem is as a negative cheerleader, you never stop with the diatribe and you continue to vociferate loudly anytime a positive notion is posted. It gets insipid.

Insipid? Please. Am I insulting anyone? Look at the people who've spent years of their lives being negative about MMr - what's their motivation? Pure greed, hatred of Rick, etc - THAT'S insipid. What's my motivation? I want the game to be fun so I can buy one! Oh, what a horror!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.