Topic Stats

• 7,537 posts
  • 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,339 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4249BF02-91E4-42C0-8CD8-53FF7AA28431 (resized).jpeg
A459F8D4-9BD0-456B-AF9D-9219554E47C8 (resized).jpeg
74322100_2323868101073985_114778547104514048_n (resized).jpg
73072184_1399920710165801_4683349940057931776_n (resized).jpg
74384227_999785170354062_5011782936677056512_n (resized).jpg
710x528_29308725_15723322_1571103682 (resized).jpg
710x528_29267126_15702769_1570683537 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308800_15723368_1571104279 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308803_15723368_1571104285 (resized).jpg
bf1ecaed04eb60860c21359dd51f4feb7a593976 (resized).png
Ghostbusters Flippers (resized).jpg
1C55D30B-9826-41A7-A056-49843875557B (resized).png
7EE32369-9377-48E8-A828-0B61232126FA (resized).jpeg
IMG_8515 (resized).JPG
CC980D64-BBDA-4A9A-A773-3CA624D39D60 (resized).jpeg
56443AD1-10A5-4FF3-86E1-A91B566FA8F2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7537 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 151.
#1501 3 years ago

Does anyone know on the pinball
Life kit with the center post. Do you install it on top of the original plastics or underneath? I am using the big piece with the center post. The instructions are useless as it doesn't tell you anything. If it's underneath you have to take apart all of the sling plastics but it is possible to do on top of just not sure which is correct I am using the transparent one.

#1502 3 years ago

I bought that kit and then had second thoughts about putting a hole in a new game. Ended up just putting the green slime pcs in and called it a day.

I thought the piece you're trying to install would go under.

#1503 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I may be in the minority but I really don't notice too many air balls and the gap is not that bad. I see people trying to MacGyver their machines with putting a bunch of plastics all over but I think it plays good from factory. I cant imagine not having enough power to clear the ramp consistently, that would be more frustrating to me than the occasional air-ball.

That's interesting that you did not have airballs. Is yours a premium/Le or a Pro? Honestly if anyone's played like mine(premium/LE) out of the box I'd recommend not playing it until you have the plastic deflector installed. I was air balling very frequently, but only off the left ramp targets. I don't mean a few inches, I mean into the subway, over the wireform ramp that goes across the playfield down to the bottom of playfield, into the wood and plastics on the opposite side of the cabinet. I put the vengence plastic in, but because it was not bolted down on one side air balls still happened regularly. Since cutting a plastic I'm really enjoying the game worry free at this point. Still have the coils set on soft and I can still backhand the ball onto the left ramp with table set at 7 degrees. At first, watching all the airballs made me think the flippers are just way overpowered, now that the issue has been corrected I don't see it that way anymore. Probably bring my machine back to 6.5 degrees. That's just my experience with the machine.

#1504 3 years ago
Quoted from earblast:

I bought that kit and then had second thoughts about putting a hole in a new game. Ended up just putting the green slime pcs in and called it a day.
I thought the piece you're trying to install would go under.

You don't put any holes in your game. The center post is attached to the plastic and is suspended from above.

ebb0c1d2ee767b16f7eea23b2eba2ebde898e1e6 (resized).jpg

#1505 3 years ago

My advice is, if you want to play your pin and enjoy it for a LONG time, don't put the center post in.

It will make the game way too easy imho.

But, everybody needs to do what they think is right to have fun, that's what its all about.

Learn how to nudge it out of the left side of the pops, that is the only time the flipper gap comes into play.

Some of the shots are so easy, and fun, and the outlanes are also easy and forgiving.

There are tradeoffs on this one for the flipper gap!

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Thanks so much, MT45, for your template!!! It was rather fun to get in the shop and do a little work.

Happy to share it. The one I put on my machine has cut all airballs to zero!
Enjoy ... it's a great game

#1507 3 years ago

Can someone post a link to the PDF for MT45's air all deflector please

#1509 3 years ago

That center post is for pu__ys! Shake that $h!t n grind it out!

Why don't u just set it to 5 balls....cause it cheating?

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

2. Level to 6.5 degrees.

You may want it more like 7 degrees. The flippers are really strong on this game.

Quoted from Enaud:

11. Install mylar in shooter lane.

This won't stop it from cracking if it's going to. But, it will hold together if it does.

Rob

#1511 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Tell that to all the people who are putting in $1 a game. I've seen people put a dollar in, the game lasts 30 seconds and they say F that shit and walk away.

#1512 3 years ago

Center post made a world of difference for enjoyability with my kids and their friends on GB. They were getting killed by the center drains, super short / frustrating games. Now it is more balanced and getting significantly more play time with the kit installed.

#1513 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Center post made a world of difference for enjoyability with my kids and their friends on GB. They were getting killed by the center drains, super short / frustrating games. Now it is more balanced and getting significantly more play time with the kit installed.

My game was up for sale because my wife and kids didn't enjoy it. I had the PBLife kit but hadn't installed the center post. I moved the outlane posts forward and installed the center post, now Ghostbusters is no longer for sale. The wife is playing it again.

#1514 3 years ago

So is the airball stopping plastic for sale anywhere?

#1515 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't think it is yet, just the template right now

#1516 3 years ago

I am surprised that Stern has not added the plastic to the game already, like the captive ball wire fix. It seems to be needed on the LE / Premium mainly.

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You may want it more like 7 degrees. The flippers are really strong on this game.

Rob

Totally agree on the pitch for the premium / LE. Put it at 7.

#1518 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

That's a bit harsh, some people don't want shake their games. The only option available then is the longer carrot flippers or the center post kit. I've had someone once tell me "It's my sandbox and I'll play how I want too". I think that applies here

#1519 3 years ago

Has anyone performed an audit, to check the average score on their GB?

I think mine is hovering around 25 to 30 million.

My machine tends to be played by non-pinheads, and even my own scores tend to be fairly low. I've currently adjust the settings to be "slightly" easier than factory. But I don't want it to be too easy.

If you guys tell me that 25 to 30 million (average) is a little high, that will tell me that I probably made my game a little too easy.

#1520 3 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

At first, watching all the airballs made me think the flippers are just way overpowered, now that the issue has been corrected I don't see it that way anymore. Probably bring my machine back to 6.5 degrees. That's just my experience with the machine.

I don't think it has to do with the power of the flippers either-that is why I have not touched them. My machine is an LE and it is set steeper than 6.5 probably 8+. I definitely think the pitch will affect air-balls. I also play this game different than other games. I really slow down the gameplay and try and cradle and control the ball as much as possible. If you are flapping around and playing randomly on this game it will get out of control real quick. The magnetic slings really add a level of un-predictability on this game. I love it when the Ghost play catch back and forth with the ball and then drop it SDTM. That's when I yell "MotherF*&%&@!".

I did think of a possible mod to help control air balls instead of adding a bunch of plastics. I am not sure if it would work or not but how about flipper rubbers that are tapered? I was thinking if you had tall superband rubbers that were thicker at top and thinner at bottom if it would give a downward projection to the ball when being hit? Anyone ever tried this or have any insight?

#1521 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes, I will be listing some for sale later today.
And orders after that. Stay tuned.

#1522 3 years ago

The magna slings really put this one over the top in my opinion. I've got a couple more adjustments to make now that I've got some time on the game. The lower right scoops sometimes hits the flipper too hard and bounces to left out lane, and the lower right swoop ramp PKE shot sometimes bounce over to left out lane after eject. Both easy adjustments, just really have to watch hitting the ghost stand up shot and watch the exit left of pops.

The PKE shot is extremely satisfying as well as the left ramp, then watch the ball go down the subway.

#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from jasino313:

Has anyone performed an audit, to check the average score on their GB?
I think mine is hovering around 25 to 30 million.
My machine tends to be played by non-pinheads, and even my own scores tend to be fairly low. I've currently adjust the settings to be "slightly" easier than factory. But I don't want it to be too easy.
If you guys tell me that 25 to 30 million (average) is a little high, that will tell me that I probably made my game a little too easy.

I think that is a low average. That is basically finishing who brought the dog. But that might be the perfect spot for you. But I would not be concerned that your game is too easy.

My averages were around 150M last time I checked. When I set a target score for a recent pinbowling event it was at 88M, and that seemed reasonable for the experienced tournament players to get on 2 balls, or one it you got things going early. Of course for the people in there first tournament it was very high.

Note that average is not a great measure, it is skewed by the multi billion scores. Median would be better, but approximate median would be more work to program. That said, the system should have the storage and processing power required. There are several online algorithms with good guarantees that could be added to the audits. While I am making comments mostly in case Dwight is reading this, I also think the score histogram should be moved for GB and probably GOT. 150+ is a really big bucket.

#1524 3 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

You don't put any holes in your game. The center post is attached to the plastic and is suspended from above.

God thats UGLY

#1527 3 years ago

WOOT! just got my Ghostbusters PRO delivered yesterday!

just to chime in on the tally of defects and imperfections people have been reporting:

My playfield has no insert issues at all. The Slimer registers his hits just fine right out of the box. All the other switches, lights etc work as intended. In short, the game was in perfect working order.

I will say that the Airballs are a major problem. Those two ramp targets might as well be launch pads. I'm ordering that guard imediately!

Highscore my first day was 290 million. looking forward to some of the higher modes once I get more practice in.

Oh, one question. When I launch the ball the diverter on the ramp above the shooter lane 'shifts' a bit. Like its being slightly activated, then it relaxes once the ball passes it. Is this normal behavior anyone else has noticed?

#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

WOOT! just got my Ghostbusters PRO delivered yesterday!
just to chime in on the tally of defects and imperfections people have been reporting:
My playfield has no insert issues at all. The Slimer registers his hits just fine right out of the box. All the other switches, lights etc work as intended. In short, the game was in perfect working order.
I will say that the Airballs are a major problem. Those two ramp targets might as well be launch pads. I'm ordering that guard imediately!
Highscore my first day was 290 million. looking forward to some of the higher modes once I get more practice in.
Oh, one question. When I launch the ball the diverter on the ramp above the shooter lane 'shifts' a bit. Like its being slightly activated, then it relaxes once the ball passes it. Is this normal behavior anyone else has noticed?

Welcome aboard.

#1529 3 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

My playfield has no insert issues at all

You can't say that right out of the box!!!! I'm as excited as you when I get one but the bad inserts take lots of playtime to appear. Good luck.

#1530 3 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

When I launch the ball the diverter on the ramp above the shooter lane 'shifts' a bit. Like its being slightly activated, then it relaxes once the ball passes it. Is this normal behavior anyone else has noticed?

Yes, this does appear to be normal behavior. Mine does it, as well as the one on location. I have no idea why though, I also thought it was odd.

#1531 3 years ago

I just got this pin (the Pro model) last week, it is my first pin. This evening, I tried adjusting the outlane posts into the easiest position. The left post was adjustable, not too much problem. But I noticed that it doesn't seem possible to adjust the right post without removing the plastic ramp. Was anyone else able to move the right outlane post without having to take stuff off the playfield?

#1532 3 years ago

So this may have been asked already...is anyone selling precut Mylar for areas that need it? If so can someone provide me with the link to whom is selling it. - Thanks!

#1533 3 years ago
Quoted from jasino313:

I just got this pin (the Pro model) last week, it is my first pin. This evening, I tried adjusting the outlane posts into the easiest position. The left post was adjustable, not too much problem. But I noticed that it doesn't seem possible to adjust the right post without removing the plastic ramp. Was anyone else able to move the right outlane post without having to take stuff off the playfield?

You don't have to remove the ramp.
Just take out the screw on the end where the ball drops.
It will allow you to raise the ramp enough to move the post.

#1534 3 years ago

A Ghostbusters Pro was setup in a location near my work this week and the game looks great! no ghosting, has updated slimer and captive ball protector, etc. It plays well except that every ball from the left saucer gets rocketed SDTM. The only way I can save it is to give it a big shove to the right as it kicks out but this always gives me a tilt warning or two. Is there any easy way to fix this? Is there anyway to re-align the scoop easily or do a quick bend to solve this. I'm planning to call the route operator but wanted to give him a suggested fix as it's frustrating to play in its current state. the other issue is that the diverter on the ramp isn't operational. It still gives you the lock, but it doesn't drop it to the saucer below? -maybe a connector issue? thanks!

#1535 3 years ago

A slight bend to the outlet of the scoop is all thats needed to get it to hit the right flipper.

Alternately, they could reduce the coil power (there is a separate setting for each of the scoop power) to have it dribble down to the left flipper.

#1536 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

A slight bend to the outlet of the scoop is all thats needed to get it to hit the right flipper.
Alternately, they could reduce the coil power (there is a separate setting for each of the scoop power) to have it dribble down to the left flipper.

Thanks! I'll send the OP a text and see if he can meet me sometime to help dial in the scoop better.-and hopefully fix the diverter.

#1537 3 years ago

I Bought the inlane/outlane acrylic covers for my machine. The left one works fine, but the right one keeps the Ramp post (the one that holds the end of the ramp to the slingshot) from tightening down. The added thickness of the acrylic means I would either need to install a longer screw, or remove the black spacers from the stack of acrylics?

Anyone else having this problem? how are you dealing with it?

#1538 3 years ago

For those have installed the official Stern captive ball mod/fix - does you ball hit the target much less now? I don't think I've started the Scoleri Brothers since I've installed it. The wire is not bent in either.

#1539 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

For those have installed the official Stern captive ball mod/fix - does you ball hit the target much less now? I don't think I've started the Scoleri Brothers since I've installed it. The wire is not bent in either.

mate is the ball moving freely up and down? Also did you have the extra ball fix previously in place? If yes to both, then you probably never had many clean shots at the captive in the past. I found with the extra ball fix I could nudge the game forward and the ball would activate the target. Same with the slightest of hit to the captive will also activate the target. With the wire fix, you now need to have good, clean hits to make it count as the game was designed.

Otherwise check the target isn't stuck activated and the ball moves freely.

#1540 3 years ago

Who here has le's? If so what numbers and how is the ghosting?

#1541 3 years ago

What is the updated Slimer? Lmk

#1542 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I'm also following this thread. Toward the end there's a lot of talk about date codes and related condition. Worth a look.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-le-anyone-told-theirs-is-on-the-way

#1543 3 years ago

Finally got my Pro last week after the first one arrived damaged at the beginning of August. It has a play field date of July 21st. I didn't look at the game build date. It has the new Slimer mech as well as the fix for the bending rail on the captive ball. The first one also had wrap around side art but this one is separate stickers for the sides and the front. Played about 60 games so far and no play field problems. Everything worked great right out of the box. It's a tough game but I'm really liking it. More so than any other pin I've gotten in recent years. That's it just my 2 cents...

#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

It appears out of maybe 400 or so LEs shipped, by thread posts that about 50 or so LEs have serious playfield issues, with another 50 having 1-3 faint white lines at the edge, likely not enough for Stern to replace.
On Pros, as the first ones were released, only a handful.
So Somewhere between 50-100 issues, 25 or so extremely serious, 25 definete should be replaced, and another 50 that has minor, wouldnt notice unless you look close with game off.

Spiderman, GOT, has some too, but I havent watched those numbers.

These are my opinion only from posters and threads, and does not reflect the Poll or any numbers that can be substantiated.

I have seen only a couple new complaints, but Stern also hasnt been shipping out the Pile of Premiums and Pros owed to Distributors and Customers....so they are working on it, Im sure, and likely some head scratching, as how do you tell, when it leaves packed in a box, with no issues? Other than leaving it on the floor for 30 days, to see if changes for them.....

#1545 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

Finally got my Pro last week after the first one arrived damaged at the beginning of August. It has a play field date of July 21st. I didn't look at the game build date. It has the new Slimer mech as well as the fix for the bending rail on the captive ball. The first one also had wrap around side art but this one is separate stickers for the sides and the front. Played about 60 games so far and no play field problems. Everything worked great right out of the box. It's a tough game but I'm really liking it. More so than any other pin I've gotten in recent years. That's it just my 2 cents...

I didn't know they made one with the wrap around art. Mine was built the first week of July and it has separate pieces for the sides and front.

#1546 3 years ago

Here is a pic of the damaged Pro with the wrap around art. Maybe I was lucky it was damaged as it could have been one off of the original run?

0812161849 (resized).jpg

#1547 3 years ago

Hmm actually mine are wrap around. The side wrap and the front is a separate piece. Are they shipping them now as 3 pieces with no overlap?

29712594061_215fcae065_o (resized).jpg29712593681_e8ce607d2c_o (resized).jpg

#1548 3 years ago

If I recall there was now wrap around. I will double check it tonight and report back.

#1549 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

mate is the ball moving freely up and down? Also did you have the extra ball fix previously in place? If yes to both, then you probably never had many clean shots at the captive in the past. I found with the extra ball fix I could nudge the game forward and the ball would activate the target. Same with the slightest of hit to the captive will also activate the target. With the wire fix, you now need to have good, clean hits to make it count as the game was designed.
Otherwise check the target isn't stuck activated and the ball moves freely.

You were right- the stern wire fix doesn't let the target rest forward enough to open the switch. I'll have to file it back a bit. Anyone else have this?

image (resized).jpeg

#1550 3 years ago

I spoke to a distributor and was told the delay in premium shipping was due to resolving the playfield issues for whatever that's worth. Seriously considering getting a premium. I really want an le, they look so much better but just can't seem to swing one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lynnwood, WASHINGTON
$ 103.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 218.00
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 7537 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 151.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside