IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 250.
#1401 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm all for it making families happy, but at the end of the day it's still a center post. I've said it before center posts smoke your ass as much as they help you.
I haven't played this particular one though; just speaking in general.

I normally agree. They did drop this one behind the flippers a bit. And being suspended on plexiglass (not polycarbonate) it has a bit of a bounce added to it. I played it at mortimers. May also have been a really setup well game that was clean. But compared to the pro at up down bar I enjoyed it a lot more. Even with the air balls from it being broke in.

#1402 7 years ago

I was set on an LE, but decided to go with a pro instead. I would have been selling my ST Pro and IMVE to gather funds for the LE, but I decided I just didn't want to part with IMVE. ST Pro I can certainly sell and not regret.

I thought about what the difference were and here's my thoughts:

- Ecto goggles. This is certainly something I don't care much about.
- Subway ramp. I really like a physical ball lock. The subway ramp is cool, but happens so fast you maybe don't notice it much.
- Magnaslings. This is the one thing I wish the pro had. They look so fun.
- Slimer. It's a wash.. He either goes up/down or left/right. 2 Slimer designs was really unnecessary.
- Right ramp. Edge to the LE/Premium, but neither is really a great shot.

Rob

#1403 7 years ago

This weekend I was given an Ecto 1A model kit as a gift to be used as a topper on my pro. I remember now why I haven't put together a model since I was 9 years old! It came out pretty good but those damn decals were a POS. I just need to figure out how to mount it now so it doesn't come crashing down when my shaker goes off.28241641974_d213bf0dea_o_(resized).jpg28241641974_d213bf0dea_o_(resized).jpg28827645326_1035236fa6_o_(resized).jpg28827645326_1035236fa6_o_(resized).jpg28782909671_ac565a7d57_o_(resized).jpg28782909671_ac565a7d57_o_(resized).jpg28782911641_1d1b605c44_o_(resized).jpg28782911641_1d1b605c44_o_(resized).jpg28827646776_222d1d0e1e_o_(resized).jpg28827646776_222d1d0e1e_o_(resized).jpg

#1404 7 years ago

Just finished the Lego version!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1405 7 years ago

so all the folks with regular billion + scores. What is your scoring strategy?

#1406 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I don't do it regularly, but the biggest points come with PKE frenzy, which is started with 80 ghosts captured, or the skill shot. get it started and hit the spinner and roll over lanes to increase it's value. Playfield multipliers help a lot as well.

I've had some pretty big super jackpot scores as well...not really sure what all went in to making those increase though.

#1407 7 years ago

Watch this, and you'll hit a billion in no time...

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

#1408 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

» YouTube video

be good at the left ramp shot - CHECK!
be good at the right ramp shot - I'll need to work on this a little.

my best scores are 950 mill to 1.4 billion. On my best games I've not focused on completing the story modes, and generally try to avoid them, unless I accidently start one. My big beef is the modes with the right ramp shot.... i'm just still very bad at getting it. Also with the story modes, they're timed so I panic and blow my chance to finish the right ramp shots where they're required. lately I've been focusing on 5x bonus on the skill shot or the Light Playfield multipliers. I'll try to hold off on starting the multipliers until I get a decent super jackpot ready to cash out, or almost ready to start a multi ball. quite often I can get Loopin supers started during my storage facility multi ball, and I can get a pretty good rhythm of left ramp shots going, and it makes the multi ball a little easier to deal with because most of the balls are tied up for a second or so while working their way back through to the return .

If I start slimer, I'll hit him once and clean up the slime, do it a 2nd time and continue cleaning up, and then hit the book stacking captive ball to start terror dog/gozer/scolari brothers. Shoot the scoops to build jackpots when I can. if I get a good loop of left ramp shots going, I'll try to keep it going and can get 10-15 million points off a gear award a few times during a game.

PKE frenzy is pretty good if I can hit it during multi ball. Basically be good at Multi ball and collecting ghost shots I would say is my strategy.

As far as the story modes go, I've finished the middle ladder, and only half way through the right ladder, and cant seem to do much on the Back off Man mode on the left Library ladder, I always fizzle out. Tough game, but I like it a lot. Its been getting a break this week, since I just got a Metallica Pro on the weekend and that's been keeping me busy.

#1409 7 years ago

It's too bad there's so much talk about playfield issues as opposed to playing the game itself. I just got my pro and have only had time to put a few plays on it so far. I was thinking it would be kinda cool if Dwight added a slimer combo shot for the left ramp. In other words, hit slimer and make the ramp shot at the same time. It could score points or add some other bonus perhaps...

Rob

#1410 7 years ago

How is everyone putting up these high scores?

With the airballs I'm getting on my machine, I'm experiencing a lot of cheap drains.

#1411 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

With the airballs I'm getting on my machine, I'm experiencing a lot of cheap drains.

The game 'settles' down after playing awhile. Not nearly as many as time goes on.

As to the scores, once you get the shots down, and know the danger shots, you can start to get higher scores consistently. Playfield multipliers are key to high scores.

Or, you can install a centre post, carrot flippers, drop the outlane posts, put a bunch of plastic all over, and be hitting billion plus games tomorrow.

#1412 7 years ago

I finally got my replacement springs installed for the Scolari brother drop targets last night.... what a difference! Easy to install, just watch you dont drop the tiny springs like i did and had to crawl around on the floor with a flashlight for 10 minutes.

Once thing i noticed now is how many more times you can knock them down during Storage Facility Multiball. If they get hit in any direction, they pretty much drop. They do not drop from vibrations/shaker motor/nudges, so that is good. I also adjusted the 2x playfield multiplier target while I had the playfield up, it was slightly tilted from the factory, and while it worked ok, it was also sort of sticking out a bit into the left orbit and I think was catching a lot of my shots to the left orbit. Feels a lot smoother shooting through the orbit now!

#1413 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

just watch you dont drop the tiny springs like i did and had to crawl around on the floor with a flashlight for 10 minutes.

God that is the worst isn;t it? I just had that happen with an older flipepr spring that is like 5 inches long and still couldn't find it...wtf!

#1414 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I finally got my replacement springs installed for the Scolari brother drop targets last night.... what a difference! Easy to install, just watch you dont drop the tiny springs like i did and had to crawl around on the floor with a flashlight for 10 minutes.
Once thing i noticed now is how many more times you can knock them down during Storage Facility Multiball. If they get hit in any direction, they pretty much drop. They do not drop from vibrations/shaker motor/nudges, so that is good. I also adjusted the 2x playfield multiplier target while I had the playfield up, it was slightly tilted from the factory, and while it worked ok, it was also sort of sticking out a bit into the left orbit and I think was catching a lot of my shots to the left orbit. Feels a lot smoother shooting through the orbit now!

I've been looking at getting these. One Pinsider bought them and thought they were going to be too tight for the drop's design and didn't put them in. You think they aren't too tight?

#1415 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Got that is the worst isn;t it? I just had that happen with an older flipepr spring that is like 5 inches long and still couldn't find it...wtf!

Those e clips on shafts always elude me too, you take your time, you're being careful as you pull it off, but they always going flying across the room. i try to pull'em with pliers usually, sometimes that still not enough. Also, my eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be. usually i just tell my kids 'find this part for me on the floor and I'll pay you a quarter!'

#1416 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I've been looking at getting these. One Pinsider bought them and thought they were going to be too tight for the drop's design and didn't put them in. You think they aren't too tight?

I really felt like they would be too tight when i first put them on, but I gave it a shot. I still have the old springs in case they start doing something weird. But after about 10 games, they seem ok to me so far.

#1417 7 years ago

e clips and I also have a horrible history...I buy them in bulk now

#1418 7 years ago

I had to take the bicycle girl ramp out of my TWD to do a lighting mod.....Damn e clips....Got them out safely, but as I was assembling one of them fell onto the play field. After some serious disassembly (Took ramps out, removed playfield plastics, etc....) I finally found it! I yi yi

#1419 7 years ago

I put the PBL springs on for about a month then all the sudden started to machine gun the drops during games. So i switched back to original springs but hooked them about 20 or more links up. Best solution for me and now work great.

#1420 7 years ago

I haven't had a hard shot brick yet off the drop targets on my new pro. But, a direct shot can send the ball flying back pretty quick, sometimes with a bit of air. I always try to backhand them too.

edit: ok, 1 shot did brick tonight after several games. Overall though it's pretty good.

Rob

#1421 7 years ago

I worked on copiers and printers for quite a few years. A couple tricks. For small springs we used a captive spring hook. A spring loaded tool that held the end so you didn't loose it. For e clips I put a dab of grease on them to hold them until I snapped them into place. Or if dropped they would stick and not bounce. Of course this is only if the assembly is ok with grease in that area.

#1422 7 years ago

Was able to get this (Pro model) as my first ever pin. Am extremely happy with it but do have a minor annoyance, which may be alleviated by just knowing my stuff but I don't yet

Both right and left flippers (majority of the time it's the right though...) will go "limp" when attempting a shot. This happens at seemingly random times after the ball is coming through the inlane to the flipper, or from a cradle position. I'll see if I can capture video of it doing it, but it will probably include some cursing

Is it just the connection? Is there any known issues around that?

Still...loving the game

#1423 7 years ago

Can someone tell me what code version we are up to for the LE? Stern website says V1.05 but that was 26/5/16 has there been anymore?

Thanks

#1424 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I've had a ton of airballs too ..... seems like 50% of my shots from the flipper airball off of something (drops, standups, slings, ramps, etc)

#1425 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I've had a ton of airballs too ..... seems like 50% of my shots from the flipper airball off of something (drops, standups, slings, ramps, etc)

I think the airballs on mine are getting worse. Really need an angled 2x and 3x drop target for that ramp.

#1426 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I think the airballs on mine are getting worse. Really need an angled 2x and 3x drop target for that ramp.

Try setting the game pitch to 7 degrees and the coil power to soft.

Rob

#1427 7 years ago
Quoted from arenowebdev:

Was able to get this (Pro model) as my first ever pin. Am extremely happy with it but do have a minor annoyance, which may be alleviated by just knowing my stuff but I don't yet
Both right and left flippers (majority of the time it's the right though...) will go "limp" when attempting a shot. This happens at seemingly random times after the ball is coming through the inlane to the flipper, or from a cradle position. I'll see if I can capture video of it doing it, but it will probably include some cursing
Still...loving the game

It could be one of 2 things I think. A loose connector on the ball trough boards or a bad node board. When the flippers go limp, does it start the bonus countdown?

Rob

#1428 7 years ago

I finally got to the mass hysteria where the flippers reverse - and I hated it! Part of the problem is that you are just suddenly thrown into reverse flippers and think WTF is going on at first. I knew the captive ball changes the flippers around so I shot that and got normal flippers going. But, I didn't know what I was supposed to do in the mode by that point...

I hope there's an option to completely disable the flipper reversing in the future...

Rob

#1429 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I finally got to the mass hysteria where the flippers reverse - and I hated it! Part of the problem is that you are just suddenly thrown into reverse flippers and think WTF is going on at first. I knew the captive ball changes the flippers around so I shot that and got normal flippers going. But, I didn't know what I was supposed to do in the mode by that point...
I hope there's an option to completely disable the flipper reversing in the future...
Rob

Dude, flip your arms around. Hope you never buy a TSPP, either. Super fun mode!

#1430 7 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

The difference is that TSPP stays that way for the mode. GB switches back and forth when you hit the captive ball. It truly is mass hysteria!!!

#1431 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Can someone tell me what code version we are up to for the LE? Stern website says V1.05 but that was 26/5/16 has there been anymore?
Thanks

That's the updated code so far

#1432 7 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I did. It still didn't help...lol

Rob

#1433 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I did. It still didn't help...lol
Rob

Keep practicing, it really does work! I hated it at first too, now I love it, even the change up. Puts a smile on your face every time.

#1434 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It could be one of 2 things I think. A loose connector on the ball trough boards or a bad node board. When the flippers go limp, does it start the bonus countdown?
Rob

I should first clarify what I mean when I say they go "limp". I'm not actually meaning completely dead like they do at end of ball / bonus calculator...I just mean they don't fire the ball at anywhere near full power. What is that called so I don't screw it up in the future?

It must have just been the first time I ran the game on the 1.05 code. Since that first boot up I seem to not have the problem any longer. Still draining the outlanes, but I think everyone is doing that Also need to work on controlling the ball more on this machine, which is difficult for me in general.

Got it to 99 ghost captured tonight and immediately drained after. Was so angry I didn't get to the 100 and attempt the Mass Hysteria mode! GAH!

#1435 7 years ago

From Tobin's mystery, what is "Light Light Multipliers". It seems to light the outlane lamps, but what are they doing/multiplying?

Rob

#1436 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

From Tobin's mystery, what is "Light Light Multipliers". It seems to light the outlane lamps, but what are they doing/multiplying?
Rob

The light playfield multipliers on the library captive balls. Hitting this will light the 2x and 3x next to the left ramp

#1437 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I thought it lit both the 2x and 3x standups. Light light storage facility light two locks I believe. Could be wrong though.

#1438 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought it lit both the 2x and 3x standups. Light light storage facility light two locks I believe. Could be wrong though.

If you get both 2x and 3x going, is it 5x accumulated?

Rob

#1439 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If you get both 2x and 3x going, is it 5x accumulated?
Rob

No 6x. But I meant that the standups light. You have to hit them to start the multiplier. Then repeated hits to them add more time to the multiplied playfield. Again, not positive on the light light Tobin awards though.

#1440 7 years ago
Quoted from arenowebdev:

Still...loving the game

My Pro had this issue on both flippers to the point each was useless shortly after unboxing. Some EOS switch adjustments fixed the problem.

#1441 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No 6x. But I meant that the standups light. You have to hit them to start the multiplier. Then repeated hits to them add more time to the multiplied playfield. Again, not positive on the light light Tobin awards though.

The inserts say "light" on them so it's telling you that it is qualifying the shots at the captive ball and not a straight qualification of the multipliers. Same thing with the "light light storage facility lock", it's just qualifying the insert at the captive ball.

#1442 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The inserts say "light" on them so it's telling you that it is qualifying the shots at the captive ball and not a straight qualification of the multipliers. Same thing with the "light light storage facility lock", it's just qualifying the insert at the captive ball.

Okay but I swear I've seen awards via Tobin that only say light storage facility or light playfield multipliers though. Hmmmm.

#1443 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay but I swear I've seen awards via Tobin that only say light storage facility or light playfield multipliers though. Hmmmm.

That is directly lighting the multiplier targets or ramp for a lock for storage facility MB

#1444 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

That is directly lighting the multiplier targets or ramp for a lock for storage facility MB

Okay so I had it flip flopped then. Thanks for the clarification.

#1445 7 years ago

So you mean that one gives you the MB lock ball and the other just gives you the light for it (and you have to shoot the ramp?)

#1446 7 years ago

While waiting for my premium I have been playing on location. Finally got mass hysteria last night. After about 10-15 games I was really hitting the shots.
Can't wait for my game!!

#1447 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

So you mean that one gives you the MB lock ball and the other just gives you the light for it (and you have to shoot the ramp?)

One lights the captive balls on the left. The other lights the insert at the left ramp.

#1448 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

My Pro had this issue on both flippers to the point each was useless shortly after unboxing. Some EOS switch adjustments fixed the problem.

So....I'm a n00b. What adjustments did you make? Just make sure the connections were on there solidly?

#1449 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

» YouTube video

This guy (you?) is really good obviously but not backhanding the right orbit is criminal. Safest, easiest shot in the game.

Also looks like Gozer scene tacked 15 mil onto super value as well when it was first collected. Curious what other modes do that.

#1450 7 years ago

Can't take credit for it wasn't my game, but hitting a billion on the game is definitely doable. Many different strategies in this game which makes it fun, go for 3 types of ladder modes, or go for PKE Fenzy and stack it with multiball... Pretty awesome coding for out of the box...

Quoted from tpir:

This guy (you?) is really good obviously but not backhanding the right orbit is criminal. Safest, easiest shot in the game.
Also looks like Gozer scene tacked 15 mil onto super value as well when it was first collected. Curious what other modes do that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.